***Official Cowdenbeath v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, rick witter said:

You very clearly do not watch hearts very often. 

You are just pulling results out of thin air because of the opposition. 

When was the last time we scored 4 goals in a game? 

We just need to win. 

If we play a much changed team the game will be extremely tight. 

Hopefully this is as insightful as your pk shoot out prediction. 

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• martoon

• Beast Boy

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, 4forDevries said:

Zlamal

Smith. Soutter Berra White

Walker  Clare  Halkett  Zonatta

Washington. Keena

Bozanic, Uche, Hickey, Doyle, Burns Brandon McLean

Cochrane for Clare

4forDevries
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Cochrane for Clare

Thought Harry was out injured and missing from recent squad ?....not dble checked certainly.

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

You very clearly do not watch hearts very often. 

You are just pulling results out of thin air because of the opposition. 

We just need to win. 

If we play a much changed team the game will be extremely tight. 

Seriously, have you ever been to Tynecastle?  Don't bother answering.  We all know.

I was speaking to Levein today and he was really positive.  Told me he has a player who is fully fit, not injured or recovering from an injury.  He had a mental block and couldn't remember who it is but I reckon it's Booby.

4forDevries
18 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Is keena recovered from his injury? 

Think so, he scored 2 the other day.

50 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Think so, he scored 2 the other day.

Want to see him get a run in the side. My mate has watched him over the last few years and thinks he is our next robbo. I’ve not seen him enough to make any informed comment. 

rick witter
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hopefully this is as insightful as your pk shoot out prediction. 

Glad we got the practice as we might need them again tonight. 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Seriously, have you ever been to Tynecastle?  Don't bother answering.  We all know.

He's hibs, can't believe people still give him the time of day on here

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Glad we got the practice as we might need them again tonight. 

It's getting more and more difficult to believe your a Hearts fan. 

Nothing but negativity from you. 

I actually respect you, as it must be hard work for you supporting Hearts. It seems to bring you no joy at all, yet you keep it up, consistently. 

If something made me unhappy I'd stop it. 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

The Shelbourne game, 15 days ago.

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, 4forDevries said:

Mulraney prob out tonight so we may go 433. Not sure who we would play wide left otherwise in 442 without putting a square peg in a round hole. 

It doesn't help, but Walker probably.

Levein should start looking to keep a similar spine to the team. Let people settle, start to fight for form and forge understandings on the park. 

I get there’ll be 2 or 3 changes but I hope it isn’t more than that. 

2 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

It doesn't help, but Walker probably.

He’s on the bench.  There’s your first change already. 

Edited by Debut 4

WheatfieldWarrior
19 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

He’s on the bench.  There’s your first change already. 

In that case, Zanatta, Moore, Wighton( if fit), Edwards or Burns would be possibilities.

Probably Zanatta is most likely.

Zlamal

Hickey

Berra

Souttar

Smith

Zanatta

Bozanic

Clare

Walker

Uche

Washington

Would be my line up. We really will beat them with whatever we put on the pitch though.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, SectionN said:

What’s the parking like in Cowdenbeath?

Plenty on street parking. There's also a car park at Morrisons (not sure about time limits). The far end of the High Street is chaos just now as they have a couple of roads closed while they build a couple of new shops.

I’d be disappointed to see us play 442 considering it didn’t work against United. I’d like to see a change in shape but as strong a team as possible. We drew our first match and can’t afford to drop anymore points. I’d drop Uche and play Washington up top. Zanatta for mulraney and Halkett in for Irving. 

Bobby 

Smith Berra Souttar Hickey 

Clare Halkett 

Walker Zanatta MacDonald 

Washington

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, gov said:

Game on hearts tv by any chance? was going to try head through but cant make it now

Maybe audio but probably over Lauries mobile phone so dont expect great quality

A wee word of warning here, I go to see Cowdenbeath when Hearts aren't playing. I went to the Cowdenbeath v East Fife game on Saturday and Cowdenbeath defence looked extremely solid, Fraser Mullen at full back still looks like a red card waiting to happen whenever he plays and David Cox up front is the kind of niggly wee B that everyone else hates. They have a big goalie on loan from Hibs and he surprisingly looked ok. Should still beat them but I wouldn't be lumping money on at the bookies for a big win.

Zlamal

Souttar

Halkett

Dikamona

Zanatta

Clare

Bozanic

Edwards

Smith

Washington

McLean

Give Hickey a rest as he's blowing after an hour every game and no one really there to replace him yet. Not sure if White's quite able to play yet. 

Reckon we'll usually go 442 or 433 but with LB still being a bit of an issue 3 at the back should be fine tonight. 

I'll take any kind of win just now.  Our squad looks lacking in the players that will give us a spark.

My gut feel is a 2-0 or 2-1 win.

I see some have suggested Halkett play midfield tonight. Has he played there before or are some just trying to fit square pegs etc?

2 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

I see some have suggested Halkett play midfield tonight. Has he played there before or are some just trying to fit square pegs etc?

Think he has played a very small number of games there. He started out as a striker, then got moved to the back as far as I recall. He is pretty comfortable with the ball at his feet though, and I think that is why people are discussing it as a possibility. I can see some possible merit in it too.

4forDevries
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Think he has played a very small number of games there. He started out as a striker, then got moved to the back as far as I recall. He is pretty comfortable with the ball at his feet though, and I think that is why people are discussing it as a possibility. I can see some possible merit in it too.

Yep. Spot on. May even have a ready made Haring right in front of us. No better opportunity than tonight to test that theory, Could move to CB too later in the game (a back 3 without CB at left back) if all is resolved and well.

Yep. Spot on. May even have a ready made Haring right in front of us. No better opportunity than tonight to test that theory, Could move to CB too later in the game (a back 3 without CB at left back) if all is resolved and well.

Could be. Tell you what, it's increasingly difficult to pick a starting eleven these days. A lot of different options.

4forDevries
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Could be. Tell you what, it's increasingly difficult to pick a starting eleven these days. A lot of different options.

If everyone is fit, Zlamal, Smith Soutter, Haring, Walker and Mulraney might be 6 starters for everyone. Uche Wahington and Keena fighting for a couple of spots with Halkett/Berra and White/Hickey there is not too much to argue about there. If Naismith signs too then the match squad is easy enough to pick.  We come back to CM with Haring of course and that is where the most options come in with numerous youngsters and Clare Bozanic and even Edwards. Oh for a Hartley or Cameron to help us out !

If everyone is fit, Zlamal, Smith Soutter, Haring, Walker and Mulraney might be 6 starters for everyone. Uche Wahington and Keena fighting for a couple of spots with Halkett/Berra and White/Hickey there is not too much to argue about there. If Naismith signs too then the match squad is easy enough to pick.  We come back to CM with Haring of course and that is where the most options come in with numerous youngsters and Clare Bozanic and even Edwards. Oh for a Hartley or Cameron to help us out !

Yeah, just popped out a spine on another thread. pretty much what you have just put there, but I had it as:

Zlamal

Berra

Souttar

Smith

Haring

Naismith

Uche

You have to think that Mulraney is now a starter and then you have Walker, Halkett, Clare, White and Washington who must believe themselves to be worth a starting spot. Then there's the kids and Bozanic and Edwards to fit in when necessary. Strong squad when all fit and available, and a few options to set up and play in a number of ways.

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I’d be disappointed to see us play 442 considering it didn’t work against United. I’d like to see a change in shape but as strong a team as possible. We drew our first match and can’t afford to drop anymore points. I’d drop Uche and play Washington up top. Zanatta for mulraney and Halkett in for Irving. 

Bobby 

Smith Berra Souttar Hickey 

Clare Halkett 

Walker Zanatta MacDonald 

Washington

:wtf:

45 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

:wtf:

We failed to beat a championship side?? We have also played it in every pre season match, we’ve only won one match. 442 didn’t work on Friday. IMO of course. 

fabienleclerq
7 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

We failed to beat a championship side?? We have also played it in every pre season match, we’ve only won one match. 442 didn’t work on Friday. IMO of course. 

Hearts were well on top, albeit a bit rusty with the finishing. 

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Exactly. Why he is still tolerated on here is one of lifes  great mysteries. 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Hearts were well on top, albeit a bit rusty with the finishing. 

Well on top but only scored one and failed to win, like last season then. So no signs so far that we’ve improved, yet. Replace Dundee United with St Mirren, Livi, Dundee from last seasons and it’s the same story repeating ........this finding solace in mediocrity is killing us. Tonight if we fail to win it will be “it’s a crap park”, “wait till Naismith is fit”, “Uche isn’t match sharp” etc etc. There where some positives from Friday but ultimately nothing to get carried away with as it all added up to us failing to beat a championship side. 

4 hours ago, Cigaro said:

Zlamal

Souttar

Halkett

Dikamona

Zanatta

Clare

Bozanic

Edwards

Smith

Washington

McLean

Give Hickey a rest as he's blowing after an hour every game and no one really there to replace him yet. Not sure if White's quite able to play yet. 

Reckon we'll usually go 442 or 433 but with LB still being a bit of an issue 3 at the back should be fine tonight. 

Personally, I don’t like playing 3 at the back when the opposition are only playing one up top (presumably). Just feel it leaves a man spare at the back.

I wonder if White may make a debut if we go a back 4? I guess we’ll see soon enough!

PaulHartley10

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey (I'd like to see what White could do if fit)

Cochrane

Smith

Bozanic

Walker

Washington

Mulraney

Subs: Doyle, Berra, White, Burns, Edwards, Zanatta, Ikpeazu.

Clare.

Bazzas right boot

I want Clare to boss these games. 

Take them by the scruff of the neck. 

Stand out. 

Famous 1874
15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I want Clare to boss these games. 

Take them by the scruff of the neck. 

Stand out. 

If he doesn't boss these games then he isn’t good enough 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Berra rested tonight and Walker on bench. Zanatta to start. 

No Mulraney either, hammy. Or has he recovered?

Put this game to bed early and let some other guys get game time

4forDevries
5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Let's hope Bozanic has a good game in beside him doing the energetic stuff.

14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

He's good enough, the question is, can he be bothered?

Bobby

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

White

Clare

Bozanic

Cochrane

Mulraney

Uche

Washington

4forDevries
4 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Bobby

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

White

Clare

Bozanic

Cochrane

Mulraney

Uche

Washington

Wouldn't be my pick but given the info we have I reckon you have 10 players right......don't think Harry will start.

Wouldn't be my pick but given the info we have I reckon you have 10 players right......don't think Harry will start.

Mulraney is injured is he not?

4forDevries
4 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Mulraney is injured is he not?

Oh aye...that's two, so Zonatta wide left and Connor Smith or Edwards in CM.

But still not the team I would play...sigh.  Very soon people are going to latch on to Keena....he has great hunger and is the best penalty box striker we have.