What has been your biggest personal facepalm moment posting on Kickback?

i8hibsh

I admit I have had a fair few over the years but to me, my 'Paulo Sergio GTF' thread is the one that makes me cringe the most. I saw it recently and my heart sank. Genuinely ashamed when I think of it and utterly ashamed that posterity will make it there forever.  We ALL have had them so own up.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Locky

• iantjambo

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Internet

Posted a fake tweet confirming that hearts were out of administration about an hour before it was actually confirmed. Loads of folk fell for it. Shite behaviour.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Posted a fake tweet confirming that hearts were out of administration about an hour before it was actually confirmed. Loads of folk fell for it. Shite behaviour.

You will be branded after that. Never ITK ha.

My Sergio thread was so horrible, like genuinely awful

:sob:

rudi must stay

I said Denis Irwin was terrible a few years ago. That one followed me around for a few years and maybe will again now, but probably a comment for this thread, being probably Man Utd's best ever left back

Bridge of Djoum
56 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

tingI admit I have had a fair few over the years but to me, my 'Paulo Sergio GTF' thread is the one that makes me cringe the most. I saw it recently and my heart sank. Genuinely ashamed when I think of it and utterly ashamed that posterity will make it there forever.  We ALL have had them so own up.

You should review more of your posting history. There are other, many other similar moments.

Mine was offering to post my salary details to a poster I was annoyed with. He got to me and I cracked like a dodgy egg, man. I was embarrassed after that.

He doesn't post anymore, and we used to fall out daily, but he's a good sport. Well played, sir. 

Bridge of Djoum

I'm gonna fast forward to May 19th on that Sergio thread...

Edit... stops abruptly in the January...

:seething:

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

I'm gonna fast forward to May 19th on that Sergio thread...

only goes to 15th jan just after we beat st mirren  5-2

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

only goes to 15th jan just after we beat st mirren  5-2

Just saw that. I'm in tears here.

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I admit I have had a fair few over the years but to me, my 'Paulo Sergio GTF' thread is the one that makes me cringe the most. I saw it recently and my heart sank. Genuinely ashamed when I think of it and utterly ashamed that posterity will make it there forever.  We ALL have had them so own up.

I've never had one.

I have a personal rule that says no posting in the evening after a few refreshments have been consumed.  That probably helps. :cheers:

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why does this one stand out?

Almost everything you post is cringe-worthy. 

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've never had one.

I have a personal rule that says no posting in the evening after a few refreshments have been consumed.  That probably helps. :cheers:

It does, many years ago sitting in the full bar of my large rec room in Osoyoos I got religiously plastered watching Canada win Gold in hockey at the Salt Lake Olympics. I though as a stupid drunk does I would mention an excellent man who had always been exceptionally nice to me in what I thought was a really funny post. In fact it was rude, uncalled for and has been a moment of personal shame for me still. I have very few regrets in my life but that post is probably one, of if not the greatest regret of my life.

42 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

It does, many years ago sitting in the full bar of my large rec room in Osoyoos I got religiously plastered watching Canada win Gold in hockey at the Salt Lake Olympics. I though as a stupid drunk does I would mention an excellent man who had always been exceptionally nice to me in what I thought was a really funny post. In fact it was rude, uncalled for and has been a moment of personal shame for me still. I have very few regrets in my life but that post is probably one, of if not the greatest regret of my life.

Sorry Bob, but I refuse to believe you have ever been anything other than the usual, well mannered, elder statesman of JKB we all know and love. 

Even with a few bevvies in you. 

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Brilliant I8.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've never had one.

I'm the same as you mate.

?

57 minutes ago, bobsharp said:

I posted a reply to you once Bob that still makes me cringe.

Your response was absolute class.

Der Kaiser

I remember posting a story that Miko had pulled a model who sold her story to the tabloids that he was obsessed with her boobies and just wanted to constantly wash them in the shower.

I still don't know if this was an actual story or just a really disturbing dream I had.

I’ve been a poster for over 13 years now, probably had many a shocker in that time. Thing is tho, I couldnae even tell you what I posted yesterday, never mind years ago. 

I always laugh when I see folk who quite obviously know who said what way back when, and what other folks views are on certain subjects, based on something they might’ve said in the dim and distant past. The vast majority of what’s said on here, by others or myself, goes right over my head tbf ?

During a defeat to Aberdeen last season, I aired some very horrible feelings about Sean Clare and said I hoped he was hounded out of the club. A definite low point as I think he actually came good towards the end of the season. I've met him too and he's an absolutely lovely guy, total gent! 

A very low point indeed 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I was calling for the head of Romanov after the Burley sacking. We probably wouldn't have won three Scottish Cups if that was the case. 

I think I said I agreed with Michael Stewart 100% in one thread. 

21 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I keep on getting banned from key threads.

:yadayada:

Me too, the big Craig Levein oot one was probably for my own good but the Glenavon match thread was a bit of a bummer. I'll learn one day.

45 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I got jettisoned from the match thread as well. Told the mods that they had to be joking. 

Obviously they weren't. So much for me toning it down....

:sad:

Sorry, you do not have permission to post on this thread.

44 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I got jettisoned from the match thread as well. Told the mods that they had to be joking. 

Obviously they weren't. So much for me toning it down....

:sad:

I've been emptied from the Hibs new owner one for launching a tirade of abuse at a clearly undercover vermin. Probably deserved as I was pretty harsh. No-idea what's happening with them now. 

My own personal cringe worthy one was when someone gave some kudos to some Hun after dinner speaker, who'd turned up after being at their mum's funeral. Probably let my hatred of the bluenoses cloud my judgement when I said he probably didn't deserve said kudos. 

I was on the receiving end of some cringe inducing post when someone tried to troll me by having a pop at my kids. Didn't even respond to them. Just laughed to myself at the pathetic attempt. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I've been emptied from the Hibs new owner one for launching a tirade of abuse at a clearly undercover vermin. Probably deserved as I was pretty harsh. No-idea what's happening with them now. 

My own personal cringe worthy one was when someone gave some kudos to some Hun after dinner speaker, who'd turned up after being at their mum's funeral. Probably let my hatred of the bluenoses cloud my judgement when I said he probably didn't deserve said kudos. 

I was on the receiving end of some cringe inducing post when someone tried to troll me by having a pop at my kids. Didn't even respond to them. Just laughed to myself at the pathetic attempt. 

None spring to mind but I've had them. You take the lesson, grow up a bit and move on though.

The worst I've received was a couple of utter w@nks insinuating that I was a paedo because every now and again I'd leave a box of coloured chalks or a cheap football or something, whatever was cheap on the supermarket, as a wee anonymous gift for the local bairns in the playground behind my house in Holland.

One of them brought it up recently actually,  low as **** if you ask me.

Just now, Smithee said:

None spring to mind but I've had them. You take the lesson, grow up a bit and move on though.

The worst I've received was a couple of utter w@nks insinuating that I was a paedo because every now and again I'd leave a box of coloured chalks or a cheap football or something, whatever was cheap on the supermarket, as a wee anonymous gift for the local bairns in the playground behind my house in Holland.

I remember that. You're right. They were utter wanks. I thought it was actually pretty cool what you did. 

21 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I remember that. You're right. They were utter wanks. I thought it was actually pretty cool what you did. 

Just holds up my theory that Paedo has become the morons standard choice of insult. 

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Cheers bud, appreciate it. At the end of the day it said a lot more about them than it did about me, but still pretty awful stuff for a football forum.

29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I remember you posting that. Since then I've done the same thing at our local swing park, the kids love it. Always been chalk I've left for them.

30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I remember that, Smithee.

You may remember that I posted at the time that I thought what you did was pretty neat.

Can’t believe that someone brought it up again though (I must have missed that).

:thumbsup:

bajthejambo

Said I thought the boy who played Kevin Webster in Corrie was still guilty even though he had just been found to be not. Sia something completely daft about him not proving his innocence enough for me.

Was quickly rounded on by those who actually understand the legal system and felt like a complete idiot.

Unknown user
24 minutes ago, superjack said:

I remember you posting that. Since then I've done the same thing at our local swing park, the kids love it. Always been chalk I've left for them.

That's incredibly satisfying to hear, good on you!

21 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I remember that, Smithee.

You may remember that I posted at the time that I thought what you did was pretty neat.

Can’t believe that someone brought it up again though (I must have missed that).

:thumbsup:

I do remember, you're ok by me Morgan :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

I remember that thread. Can you remember what it was called?

51 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I remember that thread. Can you remember what it was called?

Sell your children to me.

Created three years ago come tomorrow - 8th July 2016

24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Sell your children to me.

Created three years ago come tomorrow - 8th July 2016

Cheers ??

I didn’t think it was as long ago as that.

Just re-read the thread. 

I suppose Smithee maybe could have came up with a better, slightly less Saville title! But nothing wrong with what he did. 

And I still stand by my Hearts fan and kids analogy. 

Edited by Normthebarman

No regrets. But I must say, most of the self proclaimed JKB intellectuals don't do sarcasm. So I tend to reframe from it these days, so that I don't end up in the kB slammer, which in itself is a bit shite. The double standards is pretty rampant on here. A wee example would be the OP and Jake, they get pelters on here, but as soon as they hit back, it's toys oot the pram.

Thee End!

Edited by ri Alban

Horatio Caine
On 06/07/2019 at 15:34, jonnothejambo said:

I keep on getting banned from key threads.

:yadayada:

Can't imagine why, but perhaps that's the reason we've not had one of your poetic contributions lately?  Shame, really.

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Just re-read the thread. 

I suppose Smithee maybe could have came up with a better, slightly less Saville title! But nothing wrong with what he did. 

And I still stand by my Hearts fan and kids analogy. 

Quite interesting to read, I was sure there was more than one, just goes to show you what time does to the memory eh?

Interestingly, the one who brought it up recently doesn't appear to have actually posted on that thread!

Good analogy by the way