What has been your biggest personal facepalm moment posting on Kickback?

i8hibsh

27 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Cheers ??

I didn’t think it was as long ago as that.

No, neither did I, until I thought about it.

I just remembered posting on the thread and that the Euros were on, so I put 2+2 together.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Locky

• iantjambo

• jake

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

I remember that. You're right. They were utter wanks. I thought it was actually pretty cool what you did. 

It is rampant nowadays. It seems like an accepted norm to some to just throw the most vile and heinous accusations around without the slightest brick of foundation. I get it a lot on here, some 'regulars' do it with gusto.  I no longer give them the time of day.

19 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Can't imagine why, but perhaps that's the reason we've not had one of your poetic contributions lately?  Shame, really.

@jonnothejambo has calmed down, but only ever so slightly!

There have been a couple of ‘old style’ belters the last couple of days though.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is rampant nowadays. It seems like an accepted norm to some to just throw the most vile and heinous accusations around without the slightest brick of foundation. I get it a lot on here, some 'regulars' do it with gusto.  I no longer give them the time of day.

Loving you using the word ‘norm’ when you are responding to Norm the barman.  :lol: 

Your point however, is a good one. :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is rampant nowadays. It seems like an accepted norm to some to just throw the most vile and heinous accusations around without the slightest brick of foundation. I get it a lot on here, some 'regulars' do it with gusto.  I no longer give them the time of day.

You're not a paedo, i8. A sexual deviant (and let's face it, there's an abundance of us on here) who had a fondness for pointy chinned bursds if I remember correctly, but I don't recall anything paedo-ey.

Edited by Normthebarman

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Loving you using the word ‘norm’ when you are responding to Norm the barman.  :lol: 

Your point however, is a good one. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how I should've taken that to be honest. 

It appears calling folk a paedo is a more acceptable Norm than me! The *******s! 

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

None spring to mind but I've had them. You take the lesson, grow up a bit and move on though.

The worst I've received was a couple of utter w@nks insinuating that I was a paedo because every now and again I'd leave a box of coloured chalks or a cheap football or something, whatever was cheap on the supermarket, as a wee anonymous gift for the local bairns in the playground behind my house in Holland.

One of them brought it up recently actually,  low as **** if you ask me.

That's the post that I was talking to you about the other week .

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No regrets. But I must say, most of the self proclaimed JKB intellectuals don't do sarcasm. So I tend to reframe from it these days, so that I don't end up in the kB slammer, which in itself is a bit shite. The double standards is pretty rampant on here. A wee example would be the OP and Jake, they get pelters on here, but as soon as they hit back, it's toys oot the pram.

Thee End!

Why thank you Alban.

In defence of other posters I have and can be bang out of order.

And I drink too much.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Why thank you Alban.

And I drink too much.

We all do.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, jake said:

That's the post that I was talking to you about the other week .

:thumbsup: gotcha 

37 minutes ago, jake said:

Why thank you Alban.

And I drink too much.

I always enjoy your pissed up posts Jake :D

Auld Reekin'
On 06/07/2019 at 18:44, bobsharp said:

It does, many years ago sitting in the full bar of my large rec room in Osoyoos I got religiously plastered watching Canada win Gold in hockey at the Salt Lake Olympics. I though as a stupid drunk does I would mention an excellent man who had always been exceptionally nice to me in what I thought was a really funny post. In fact it was rude, uncalled for and has been a moment of personal shame for me still. I have very few regrets in my life but that post is probably one, of if not the greatest regret of my life.

You have no idea of how much I envy you if a dodgy post on an internet forum is one of your greatest regrets. "Je, je regrette tout..."*

(*Copyright Alexei Sayle)

Auld Reekin'
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

None spring to mind but I've had them. You take the lesson, grow up a bit and move on though.

The worst I've received was a couple of utter w@nks insinuating that I was a paedo because every now and again I'd leave a box of coloured chalks or a cheap football or something, whatever was cheap on the supermarket, as a wee anonymous gift for the local bairns in the playground behind my house in Holland.

One of them brought it up recently actually,  low as **** if you ask me.

Yep, thought that was totally out of order too: as you say later though, it says a lot more about them and their twisted fecking little minds and personalities than it does about you.

6 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Yep, thought that was totally out of order too: as you say later though, it says a lot more about them and their twisted fecking little minds and personalities than it does about you.

Chalk is a well known gateway substance to puppies. Can't be too careful. Dutch chalk especially. 

9 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

You have no idea of how much I envy you if a dodgy post on an internet forum is one of your greatest regrets. "Je, je regrette tout..."*

(*Copyright Alexei Sayle)

I am being totally honest when I say I have no regrets. I have had an excellent life, I was raised in a loving family, have had a fantastic wife of fifty nine years. I have made numerous changes in my life, some not as good as others but do not regret having made any of them. I joined one of Britain elite regiments and at age twenty and after three years left with three stripes on my arm. I entered a career, had a good experience in Edinburgh, changed attitudes in Canada, improved my educational level, applied myself for promotions, retired at age fifty six with senior rank and a good pension. Have lived in one of the most beautiful areas in Canada for twenty eight years, and have travelled the world, I have seen and followed Hearts winning leagues and cups,   like I say I may have done some things different but regret is not a word I use, I did in this case because I could have tried to do something about it but didn't and although I will not take crap and can be as nasty as anyone the situation I regret was one I could have taken action and alleviated any regrets.. i

Auld Reekin'
1 minute ago, bobsharp said:

I am being totally honest when I say I have no regrets. I have had an excellent life, I was raised in a loving family, have had a fantastic wife of fifty nine years. I have made numerous changes in my life, some not as good as others but do not regret having made any of them. I joined one of Britain elite regiments and at age twenty and after three years left with three stripes on my arm. I entered a career, had a good experience in Edinburgh, changed attitudes in Canada, improved my educational level, applied myself for promotions, retired at age fifty six with senior rank and a good pension. Have lived in one of the most beautiful areas in Canada for twenty eight years, and have travelled the world, I have seen and followed Hearts winning leagues and cups,   like I say I may have done some things different but regret is not a word I use, I did in this case because I could have tried to do something about it but didn't and although I will not take crap and can be as nasty as anyone the situation I regret was one I could have taken action and alleviated any regrets.. i

Good man: well done.   :2thumbsup:

Auld Reekin'
10 minutes ago, Smack said:

Chalk is a well known gateway substance to puppies. Can't be too careful. Dutch chalk especially. 

Yep, and maybe the kiddies in question actually drew puppies with the chalk... The prosecution case rests, mijn heer.

Who you calling a mijn heer? Back of the Wheatfield? And you can bring all the chalk and puppies you like. 

55 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I always enjoy your pissed up posts Jake :D

And me, yours.

:biggrin:

1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how I should've taken that to be honest. 

It appears calling folk a paedo is a more acceptable Norm than me! The *******s! 

I know you’re kidding, Norman. :lol: 

i8 is as harmless as a Hibs fan in Middletons at an Easter Road Derby.

Auld Reekin'
22 minutes ago, Smack said:

Who you calling a mijn heer? Back of the Wheatfield? And you can bring all the chalk and puppies you like. 

:balmoral:

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

@jonnothejambo has calmed down, but only ever so slightly!

There have been a couple of ‘old style’ belters the last couple of days though.

Yeah, disappointed there won't be any Jonathan Pearce commentaries for a while.  Jonno really likes him!

Dagger Is Back

On the old forum, calling the club finance officer an old bed wetter after his performance at an AGM.

Received a call the following day inviting me in for a chat.

Oops

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

And me, yours.

:biggrin:

Thank you sir :)

3 hours ago, jake said:

Schadenfreude

?

Not at all :D

I've had my fair share. Mostly in the first few months of me being on the forum. In fairness, I was 15.

I actually delved away back to round about the time I joined, a few weeks back. Reading some of my posts and threads were cringey. One in particular was when I started a thread after making a fake account on Hibs.net. The username was something blatantly obvious like 'Hibsareshite' and I posted the login details here in case anyone wanted to log in and abuse folk. 15 year old me though that was a ****ing great idea.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I've had my fair share. Mostly in the first few months of me being on the forum. In fairness, I was 15.

I actually delved away back to round about the time I joined, a few weeks back. Reading some of my posts and threads were cringey. One in particular was when I started a thread after making a fake account on Hibs.net. The username was something blatantly obvious like 'Hibsareshite' and I posted the login details here in case anyone wanted to log in and abuse folk. 15 year old me though that was a ****ing great idea.

So not the post in which your dad smelled your bare arse then?

:D ?:lol:

8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

That wasn't so much embarrassing, more ****ing hilarious. Although completely unintentional, I love that I've contributed to something that's fondly remembered on Kickback. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

That wasn't so much embarrassing, more ****ing hilarious. Although completely unintentional, I love that I've contributed to something that's fondly remembered on Kickback. :lol: 

Remains the funniest post I’ve ever read.

Outstanding :lol:

11 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Remains the funniest post I’ve ever read.

Outstanding :lol:

I still maintain that was a genuine typo. :ninja:

4 minutes ago, Locky said:

I still maintain that was a genuine typo. :ninja:

I ****** hope so. Otherwise it’s less funny and pretty sinister ?

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I ****** hope so. Otherwise it’s less funny and pretty sinister ?

At the time, I thought getting it skelped was pretty ****ing sinister too. I hated my Dad for days after that.

51 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Honestly worth having spent 20+ years on Kickback for that one typo, almost cry any time I see it ???

21 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Honestly worth having spent 20+ years on Kickback for that one typo, almost cry any time I see it ???

It truly was one of Kickbacks finest moments ???

On 24/06/2015 at 17:43, Locky said:

I realised my old man was a prick when he smelled my bare arse in front of my mate when I done nothing wrong.

Attempted to beat the shite out the (then) fat ******* before realising I was 9.

37 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It truly was one of Kickbacks finest moments ???

Hiya Locky.  :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hiya Locky.  :biggrin:

:rofl: 

I'm more depressed at the fact it was 4 years ago already that I posted that.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

:rofl: 

I'm more depressed at the fact it was 4 years ago already that I posted that.

Time certainly flies.

It’s unreal that it was that long ago. :sad: 

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Time certainly flies.

It’s unreal that it was that long ago. :sad: 

I was a fresh faced 21 year old when I posted that Morgan. :sob:

7 minutes ago, Locky said:

I was a fresh faced 21 year old when I posted that Morgan. :sob:

I wasn’t :sob: 

1 minute ago, Locky said:

I was probably about 4 stone lighter too. :sob:

It’s the beer that’s to blame.

:cheers:

Just now, Morgan said:

:spoton:

6E699557-79BD-4676-BEEC-8C5AD64E0D1B.jpeg

I've many a great pint glass, but nothing like that! Where would one get one?

Just now, Locky said:

I've many a great pint glass, but nothing like that! Where would one get one?

I had this one many years ago when we lived in Edinburgh. Someone in my work got me it as a leaving present. It got broken in our move to Spain before we came here :sad: 

Sorry, can’t help you Locky.

It’s a beauty, isn’t it?

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I had this one many years ago when we lived in Edinburgh. Someone in my work got me it as a leaving present. It got broken in our move to Spain before we came here :sad: 

Sorry, can’t help you Locky.

It’s a beauty, isn’t it?

It really is! I don't have much in the way of Hearts vessels. My girlfriend picked me up a wee wooden tankard style thing. Dunno if there's a more educated term for it, but that's all I have.

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

It really is! I don't have much in the way of Hearts vessels. My girlfriend picked me up a wee wooden tankard style thing. Dunno if there's a more educated term for it, but that's all I have.

I’ve just had a wee look online.

There’s a company called Scotarts that do a similar one for £16.

Seems to depict the 2006 Final, the 2012 Final, Pressley and various other Hearts things.

11 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I’ve just had a wee look online.

There’s a company called Scotarts that do a similar one for £16.

Seems to depict the 2006 Final, the 2012 Final, Pressley and various other Hearts things.

I'll defo get a look! Cheers Morgan!