ri Alban

Anyone for Tennis?

neilnunb

Loving the Borg wannabe in the crowd 🤣

Rodger Mellie
Just now, ri Alban said:

He's a cheat.

In what way did he cheat? I don’t watch much tennis so don’t keep up to date with goings on.

Cruyff Turn
18 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

You are correct about competition.  You had Dimitrov, Nishikori and Raonic around the same stage threatening but never happened for them.  Now you have the next stage of talented players like Zverev, Kyrigos and Tsitsipas but they seem to be going backwards at the moment.

No male tennis player born in the  90's has won a grand slam.  Amazing stat.

None of them are taking it serious enough. Djokovic, Nadal and Federer are just different animals. It’s no fluke they are that good, pure dedication. 

ri Alban
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Care to elaborate?

His fake injuries when he's behind. Oh and think, Lance Armstrong.

ri Alban
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Some people need locked up for their own good 

Taffin
5 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

In what way did he cheat? I don’t watch much tennis so don’t keep up to date with goings on.

It's probably best you start watching more and reading up on him yourself and arrive at your own conclusions in that case as everyone will of course have their own biases.

Personally I think cheat is a bit strong but for me he blurs the lines on what is and isn't acceptable.

Edited by Taffin

ri Alban

Intae this prick, Roger.

Edited by ri Alban

Cruyff Turn

Imagine sprinting about for 4 and a half hrs mun. 

Cruyff Turn

Ohhh 😮 the Fed’s got him by the short and curlys now!! 

neilnunb

Good job Mirka's not preggers cos she looks like she's about to burst

Cruyff Turn

What a serve! 

CJGJ
5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Ohhh 😮 the Fed’s got him by the short and curlys now!! 

Oh Really...not yet

Cruyff Turn

Feckin h£ll. 

Mauricio Pinilla

That's his chance gone I think. 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, CJGJ said:

Oh Really...not yet

Let him off big time. Djokovic just won’t die man. 

1971fozzy

What a game. 

Both players are serving up a classic

neilnunb

That was so fecking weak. 😠😠😠

Cruyff Turn

Djokovic has the upper hand mentally now after that. 

neilnunb

I'm watching this through the phone and down to 27%. That fecker Federer is going to take me down to zero. 

CJGJ

There is no real reason to not like Federer yet I just can't warm to him whilst admitting he is one of the best there has ever been

I think it's perhaps all those 'hoorays' who appear at Wimbledon and even support him over fellow Brits...just can't understand that.

It's not his fault of course but it just irks me enough to hope he is beaten just to stick 2 fingers up at those middle and upper class yobs

Mauricio Pinilla

I don't dislike Djokovic at all, in fact I don't think I dislike any tennis player, but do prefer Federer over the rest of them. The crowd are annoying though. 

neilnunb

With this and the cricket...sport is fecking amazing 😁

Jambos_1874

The concentration, ability and stamina of these guys is incredible. Few sports can match tennis for this.

neilnunb

Ffs Fed shitting it in another tiebreak 😔

neilnunb

What a shite shot to lose on 

What a match.

Djoko will overtake Fed now

ri Alban

Roger to retire.

jonesy

Good. Federer great, but good to stick it up the supporters who don't respect Djokovic.

Paolo

What a brilliant match. 

Around five hours of great tennis, for the same money as the women’s 55 minutes. 

Absolutely ludicrous.  

Paolo
Just now, jonesy said:

Good. Federer great, but good to stick it up the supporters who don't respect Djokovic.

Not a huge Federer fan (but he is the best ever), but was with him today.  I find the Wimbledon crowd annoy me, sometimes. 

Edited by Paolo

Mauricio Pinilla
Just now, Paolo said:

What a brilliant match. 

Around five hours of great tennis, for the same money as the women’s 55 minutes. 

Absolutely ludicrous.  

Was thinking that but didn't want to mention it :lol: especially after the Nadal stuff earlier in the tournament. 

Taffin
8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Was thinking that but didn't want to mention it :lol: especially after the Nadal stuff earlier in the tournament. 

I'm all for equal pay for the women but they should be playing 5 sets.

55 minutes vs 5 hours just puts it into perspective. It's a joke.

Crete

What a match well done Novak.The Wimbledon crowd are just a bunch of snooty snobs.

Paolo
19 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Don’t worry.  I am happy to stick my head on the block. 

JamesM48
2 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

You are correct about competition.  You had Dimitrov, Nishikori and Raonic around the same stage threatening but never happened for them.  Now you have the next stage of talented players like Zverev, Kyrigos and Tsitsipas but they seem to be going backwards at the moment.

No male tennis player born in the  90's has won a grand slam.  Amazing stat.

Yeah there is a worrying dearth of younger talent in the mens game.  I thought Dimitrov might be the next big thing but he like the others u mentioned have petered out. 

JamesM48
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

There is no real reason to not like Federer yet I just can't warm to him whilst admitting he is one of the best there has ever been

I think it's perhaps all those 'hoorays' who appear at Wimbledon and even support him over fellow Brits...just can't understand that.

It's not his fault of course but it just irks me enough to hope he is beaten just to stick 2 fingers up at those middle and upper class yobs

My sentiments exactly

CJGJ
25 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Just means we can get bored for another 27.5 minutes

Mikey1874
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Line judge

IMG_20190714_200822.jpg

rudi must stay

High quality match

Federer rolled back the years with his tennis. Very unlucky. People say Djokovic has lost his invisible aura but I'm not sure, 2 match points up Federer still didn't really believe he could beat him in my opinion. Murray was the same v him in the French in 2016, absolutely dominating him but I don't think he believed he could win. Even when he's on the ropes it's in these guys heads that hes not going away. Like him or loathe him he is a very interesting sportsman you have to say

Malinga the Swinga

Good to see the Wimbledon crowd get the result they deserve instead of the one they wanted. The guy who continually jumped up, he was right in front of camera opposite Royal box, whenever Federer won point must have been gutted which is pleasing, but he wasn't alone. The Roger brigade were out in full force but Novak has a winning run against Federer that shows no sign of ending. Not sure how many years it is since Federer beat Djokovic but he won't have many better chances than today.

One final point, why does Andrew Castle get to commentate and criticise on players like these two?The guy wasn't fit to carry their racquets onto a court. 

1971fozzy
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good to see the Wimbledon crowd get the result they deserve instead of the one they wanted. The guy who continually jumped up, he was right in front of camera opposite Royal box, whenever Federer won point must have been gutted which is pleasing, but he wasn't alone. The Roger brigade were out in full force but Novak has a winning run against Federer that shows no sign of ending. Not sure how many years it is since Federer beat Djokovic but he won't have many better chances than today.

One final point, why does Andrew Castle get to commentate and criticise on players like these two?The guy wasn't fit to carry their racquets onto a court. 

Funnily enough I was thinking the same about that guy too. Of course he could of been Swiss but I just felt that at the end (although Novak got a great applause) he must of really wanted to turn round and say something he would of likely regretted.

ive nothing for or against either player today and both were immense. But that was bad taste today.  Djokovic probably used it in his favour ironically 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

55 minutes is quite enough of that pap, thank you very much!

Who'd want to see one more set of it?

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Why should the commentator have to be as good a player as the people upon whom he commentates? He's a very shrewd observer of the game and quite eloquent with it. Perhaps not everyone's cuppa tea but nowhere near as bad as the vast majority of football commentators or pundits - many of whom achieved significantly more in their playing careers than Castle did in his.

Tommy Brown
On 10/07/2019 at 17:10, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Konta is extremely dislikeable and always full of excuses. Right up there with Chris Froome for British sports people I can’t stand.

Just sat and watched my recording.

It ****ing cut off at 9-9 in last set.

:sob:

Between that and the way the cricket ended, I don't know what upset me more. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Line judge

IMG_20190714_200822.jpg

Looks like oor Austin has let himself go a bit in the close season. 

ri Alban
6 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Why should the commentator have to be as good a player as the people upon whom he commentates? He's a very shrewd observer of the game and quite eloquent with it. Perhaps not everyone's cuppa tea but nowhere near as bad as the vast majority of football commentators or pundits - many of whom achieved significantly more in their playing careers than Castle did in his.

I agree with you and Mal. But when I think about it, it would have to be Nadal and Sampras as the commentary team. Feck that! :D

JamesM48
11 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Castle is a good commentator. He is very knowledgeable about players and great re stats and the history of them.  He doesnt talk gibberish like Inverdale who is an absolute cretin. Same with Balding. Both need binned. 

AlimOzturk

With his style of tennis and how little impact it seems to have on his body I think Roger Federer still has a good 2 years of top level tennis in him. He could be still playing into his forties beating guys half his age with ease. 

As for Novak the guys a machine. Credit where it's due...don't like him but he is one of the best tennis players of all tim. 

robroy1874
19 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Line judge

IMG_20190714_200822.jpg

Think big Craig's going to have word with Austin when he gets back. Should be focused on the new season

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Castle is a good commentator. He is very knowledgeable about players and great re stats and the history of them.  He doesnt talk gibberish like Inverdale who is an absolute cretin. Same with Balding. Both need binned. 

You couldn't possibly ditch Balding from the BBC in these enlightened days.

Now, getting rid of Inverdale, the middle aged white, heterosexual man - piece of cake.