• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• rudi must stay

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

PortyJambo
9 hours ago, Harko said:

I think Kyrgios did nothing wrong today - simply underlined the point that Rafa is always pushing the boundaries of sporting play, and nobody calls him out for it. But Kyrgios can’t make that point cause he is the bad guy ??‍♂️

I agree. And the big deal that's been made about him hitting the ball at Nadal is in the same boat, hitting the ball at your opponent is a valid shot, you even hear the commentators saying a player should have hit it at their opposition rather than attempt a difficult pass. But because it's Nadal, and because he looked daggers at Kyrgios afterwards, suddenly it's not the kind of thing to be done. Nadal's nonsense statement that it was a dangerous shot for the crowd and officials, as it could have gone anywhere, is ridiculous.

I do think he did it to try and wind Nadal up though, but all's fair in love and war. :lol:

Edited by PortyJambo

Nookie Bear

At the end of the day, Nadal strolls through on his way to another shot at a Grand Slam and Kyrgios will be forgotten about until the next tournament, until he finally retires into obscurity.

Such a waste.

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

I see Murray is sporting a new set of gnashers.

"People who opted for hip resurfacing, also opted for one of these..."

rudi must stay

Djokovic in trouble here. Very good match, Hurkacz going for his shots and I can see this going to five

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Djokovic in trouble here. Very good match, Hurkacz going for his shots and I can see this going to five

Nah, boy got too excited getting a set, Djokovic then made him wait for the next set and has already broken him in the 3rd.

Hope my lack of tennis knowledge makes me wrong though.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Nah, boy got too excited getting a set, Djokovic then made him wait for the next set and has already broken him in the 3rd.

Hope my lack of tennis knowledge makes me wrong though.

Hurkacz has a game Djokovic always struggles against (goes for his shots, and he'll keep going for them. Ye Djokovic defends very well but keep going for them even he can't do anything) and he's hitting some worldies too. That was a fantastic shot in that game

But he needs to keep it up because Djokovic isn't missing much

18 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

wait for the "medical timeout" for the serb

JudyJudyJudy
On 04/07/2019 at 17:07, jonnothejambo said:

English if she wins, Australian when she loses, which will be soon. 

Her stupid bounce of the ball before her serve also gets on my tits. 

Sooner she gets humped, the better.

Cant stand her. Overrated 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Cant stand her. Overrated 

Horrible woman to boot.

Have a look at some of her press conferences

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

C'mon Rafa! Just a couple of GSs more to catch the Swiss prick.

Yeah hope he surpasses the boring fart RF

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Horrible woman to boot.

Have a look at some of her press conferences

Yeah seen a few. Cocky and snooty.  She will come up against stiffer competition soon. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I hate how the Wimbledon crowd can be so one sided. I know they are backing the kid in the Gauff - Hercog match but poor Hercog needs more support here. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The crowd are even cheering lucky net cords now. 

Posh tw@ts.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Hercog is really choking now. Quite a turn around but she is affected by the crowd I am sure. 

At 15 I was drinking MD 20/20 in a park. Well done to the girl, into the 2nd week in her first ever major. Impressive stuff. 

JudyJudyJudy

Young girl has done great however takes a lot to beat the supreme Monica  Seles who won 8 slams by the time she was 19 Incredible..Would have won a lot more if not stabbed and Graf would have won a lot less ! 

7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Young girl has done great however takes a lot to beat the supreme Monica  Seles who won 8 slams by the time she was 19 Incredible..Would have won a lot more if not stabbed and Graf would have won a lot less ! 

Bollox, Steffi is the greatest!

Sooperstar

The BBC text commentary on the Gauff match was brilliant. 'She's going down and going down heavy but this has been an excellent experience for her' etc etc. Then she wins.

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Bollox, Steffi is the greatest!

Never ! like i said only won 22 slams due to Seles stabbing. Seles was regularly beating her before the stabbing and this would have continued. 

Harry Potter
16 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I hate how the Wimbledon crowd can be so one sided. I know they are backing the kid in the Gauff - Hercog match but poor Hercog needs more support here. 

This really got to me last night watching the match, poor Hercog never had a chance, in saying that blew it big time.

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

This really got to me last night watching the match, poor Hercog never had a chance, in saying that blew it big time.

I don't know what happened to her but I did feel for her, she only had her coach in the box as well. It seemed everyone was against her. 

The only time I have heard the Wimbledon crowd split 50/50 was when Andy Murray was playing in the singles! 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

I was going to say how good it is to see Dan Evans playing so well, obviously got some confidence from recent success etc...and then he goes and chucks that 2nd set when he was in control of it. Still, he leads in the third.

Hopefully soon see him in his rightful place...back above Edmund in the rankings.

Tommy Brown

My son was at centre court yesterday. Sent me photos from seat. Low down to the left side as you see on TV. Awesome view about 3 rows up just.

Got me thinking, he was ok as he was opposite side from the umpire.

It must really restrict your view on the umpire's side when in the lower area.

IMG-20190705-WA0001.jpg

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

John Lloyd is a highly knowledgeable analyst but by god he's the world's dullest man.      

Lol, Evans serving to win the 4th set.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Is Evans still trying to hit the lines ?

murray and williams win in straight sets. they made some mistakes but playing together will iron them out

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

My son was at centre court yesterday. Sent me photos from seat. Low down to the left side as you see on TV. Awesome view about 3 rows up just.

Got me thinking, he was ok as he was opposite side from the umpire.

It must really restrict your view on the umpire's side when in the lower area.

IMG-20190705-WA0001.jpg

For the last few years, I've gone for seats on that side (behind the players' chairs) at the O2 for the tour finals. You feel more involved and I tend to get seats between the service and base line. Maybe about 10 rows back. Not 100% visibility of the far end but I've become accustomed to it and enjoy it. Was on the other side for a Nadal match two years ago and felt more of a spectator.

rudi must stay

A joy to see Rafa on this form. Always goes for his shots never gets tight, and Rafa can get beaten by a shot, 2 minutes later he's hitting winners from the same scenario. Shows his intelligence on the court

Can't see past him for the title

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think Halep to win the title now that she has the weight off her shoulders.. 

Shes too unpredictable i feel. I love her power play though but I feel its Serenas for the taking this year. Shame about Kviova I like her.  Rafa was in scintillating  form today. Incredible shots. 

The American who beat Barty looks a very good player.    I think she'll win it.

Too close to call in the mens between the big 3.

I P Knightley
7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

A joy to see Rafa on this form. Always goes for his shots never gets tight, and Rafa can get beaten by a shot, 2 minutes later he's hitting winners from the same scenario. Shows his intelligence on the court

Can't see past him for the title

He's got to get through Federer, who played sublimely today, before getting past Djokovic. The smart money would be on Djoko. All three of them are playing fantastically.

I've got to agree with Jonno, though, Nadal's hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. I don't want him to win and smear his cack all over the trophy.

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I think Halep to win the title now that she has the weight off her shoulders.. 

Very good, Jonno. That is stolen and I aim to have it broadcast on Wimbledon radio tomorrow. For some reason, they seem to read out my tweets quite regularly.

I hope auld Roger wins it. Coming up 38 it would be a remarkable achievement. 

Big Serena should just get the woman's gong now, imo. 

rudi must stay
41 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He's got to get through Federer, who played sublimely today, before getting past Djokovic. The smart money would be on Djoko. All three of them are playing fantastically.

I've got to agree with Jonno, though, Nadal's hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. I don't want him to win and smear his cack all over the trophy.

Very good, Jonno. That is stolen and I aim to have it broadcast on Wimbledon radio tomorrow. For some reason, they seem to read out my tweets quite regularly.

Rafa's a proper oddball

"Bet he's different off the court. You'd have to wait hours to have dinner"

Bet he's isnt. But what a player

Harry Potter

9 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye and you would need to make sure he washed his hands and they spend most if their time up his shite shute.

Cant wait till hes on court again to witness these actions, :biggrin2:shame the young lass is out but rode her luck

in the previous round hitting the net for it to drop over.l