Anyone for Tennis?

ri Alban

rudi must stay
27 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Novak will enjoy watching this go long. 

Nadal not at all confident with his backhand. 

2nd set is his though

This is going to 5 IMO and a win would give the winner a shot in the arm confidence wise

Hopefully the standard continues to improve and I think it will, both have better tennis in them.

Both can beat Novak but it's war with Novak, neither have brought it v him in recent years and to have any chance they have to. No sign of any nerves, that's Djokovic's biggest strength

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• rudi must stay

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I've said it before: he's a sublime tennis player but he's shite at Hawkeye calls. 

I hope whomever wins this, pumps Lance in the final.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That was some match. The big three are so far ahead of the rest it is frightening. 

Really don't like Halep but what a first set that was from her.

I still think Serena will come back though.

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Really don't like Halep but what a first set that was from her.

I still think Serena will come back though.

Toiling now.

Well done Halep.Thought throughout this tournament that Serena just gets gifted far too easy points and hardly moves around court.Today that lack of movement was her downfall and also someone who could actually serve against her.

Harry Potter
Just now, Barack said:

Thought she'd win it from the Gauff match onwards.

Wonder how much that's cost people to watch.

:lol:

A fortune bud.

Not sure what's weighing Serena down more these days...the pressure of getting 24 or those big knockers of hers.

Best I've seen Halep play though.

Nice words from Serena. I always think I don't like her but any time I've actually heard her she's very gracious in both victory and defeat.

Halep was unplayable there in all honesty. She completely destroyed Serena.

132goals1958
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Nice words from Serena. I always think I don't like her but any time I've actually heard her she's very gracious in both victory and defeat.

Halep was unplayable there in all honesty. She completely destroyed Serena.

She was pretty ungracious when her rant overshadowed Naomi Osaki s triumph over her

3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

She was pretty ungracious when her rant overshadowed Naomi Osaki s triumph over her

I didn't watch that match but from what I've read she still congratulated Osaka at the net and took the time to write to her afterwards to apologise and congratulate her. I don't mind someone kicking off during a match, it's part and parcel of the sport.

Harry Potter
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

A wonderful display from Halep and a true champion. Comes across as a lovely girl as well. 

Biggest demolition since May 2012.

:biggrin2:

The Mighty Thor
38 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thought she'd win it from the Gauff match onwards.

Wonder how much that's cost people to watch.

:lol:

No idea but she's trousered £41,000 per minute for it though.

JudyJudyJudy

Wanted Serena to win today but she just wasn't there.  Shame.  Halep played a blinder of a game though she scraped for every ball and won most. Too many unforced errors from Serena. She hardly won any of the rallies.  Very gracious in defeat and her outstanding record proves why she is the greatest player of all time.  I think she needs to think about retiring as this was her best chance of getting to that elusive 24th title.  She may have chance at the US open as she tends to do well there but who knows.  

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

I didn't watch that match but from what I've read she still congratulated Osaka at the net and took the time to write to her afterwards to apologise and congratulate her. I don't mind someone kicking off during a match, it's part and parcel of the sport.

Yes its called passion and shes passionate. Lot of haters out there sadly. 

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

The truth is she isn't that good anymore.  McEnroe was right with his movement comment, Halep seemed fitter and more energetic all match

Serena is very passionate yes, it's won her alot of titles and matches but I think she simply isn't playing enough to be winning grand slams 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

The truth is she isn't that good anymore.  McEnroe was right with his movement comment, Halep seemed fitter and more energetic all match

Serena is very passionate yes, it's won her alot of titles and matches but I think she simply isn't playing enough to be winning grand slams 

Yeah i agree . She was sluggish. Maybe needs to think about packing it in . However if she is still getting to finals maybe not ? Matter of pride to her now i guess

Nookie Bear
15 hours ago, Taffin said:

Correct, and Osaka’s response was classy as well.

it was the US Open crowd that let themselves down that night most of all..

132goals1958
18 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

She is without doubt an iconic and all time great sporting legend but it is fair comment to question her behavior that night which by her own admission was unacceptable. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

I'm mesmerized by the final. Not the actual tennis, but the blonde line judge and her jaunty stance.

Fed chucked that tiebreak away. 4 unforced errors in it.

Think he had to win that to win the final. 😠😠

Oh hold on, Novak chucks the first game of the 2nd set...

Edited by neilnunb

The Internet

Wonder if djokovic picked up a knock when he slipped early on in that set. Doesn't seem right. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wonder if djokovic picked up a knock when he slipped early on in that set. Doesn't seem right. 

Was thinking the same. Definitely seems to have affected his confidence if nothing else.

Cruyff Turn

Fed’s feckin ancient mind, I’m surprised he can still go toe to toe with Nadal and Djokovic. Could have retired years ago but he’s still trophy hunting. 

The Internet

Federer has been superb. Shame he chucked the tie breaks, could easily have had this in the bag already.