Anyone for Tennis?

ri Alban

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Medvedev on v Popyrin. Good quality match so far

This could be a good one

No need for the wimin screaming, that should get stopped, its really nippy.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• rudi must stay

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

rudi must stay
11 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

No need for the wimin screaming, that should get stopped, its really nippy.

It's the line judge that is annoying me. First time I heard him I thought it was a punter in the crowd

rudi must stay

Popyrin looks good. I think there's a shock on the cards here

Medvedev always seems to play the same. Very conservative. He has all the shots but he's happy to keep the point going and that can cost you as it has so far

On 01/07/2019 at 11:28, Ron Burgundy said:

Stopped watching it years ago when it became so predictable.

Does Pete Sampras still win every year?

No. Celtic win the Scottish Premiership every year, though.

I P Knightley
21 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Tennis is not the same anymore....

trn7.jpg

Simona Halep took her time to become popular. She used to have her knockers but that doesn't seem to be the case any more.

been here before
2 hours ago, Darren said:

No. Celtic win the Scottish Premiership every year, though.

Is Sampras at Celtic now?

Sorry if thats a daft question but Im not a tennis fan.

The White Cockade
51 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Simona Halep took her time to become popular. She used to have her knockers but that doesn't seem to be the case any more.

Wonder what they used her massive boobage for afterwards?

bouncy castle?

I P Knightley
27 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Wonder what they used her massive boobage for afterwards?

bouncy castle?

I imagine that she's kept them in cold storage so she can get them back when her tennis career is over.

They certainly never came up on eBay in the weeks or months after the operation.

I P Knightley

Meanwhile, Kyle Edmund looking as though he's about to get pumpded oot by someone old enough to be his dad, give or take.

I P Knightley
On 02/07/2019 at 11:37, rudi must stay said:

Evans on. He is a fighter and will have a decent run this year IMO, assuming the draw is good to him (can't be bothered looking)

Edmund plays Verdasco that's a tough draw early on. Initial thoughts are he could lose that one

Good call.

Of course, I misread it and thought you had seen Evans playing against Verdasco. Evans wouldn't have lost ;)

From what I heard of the match, Edmund might have injured himself in the third set but he was 3-0 up and should really have been able to close it out.

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Is Sampras at Celtic now?

Sorry if thats a daft question but Im not a tennis fan.

He's not.

The Internet

Cori Gauff on the verge of winning her 2nd round match. Is she just going to dominate the sport for the next 15 years? Hadnt heard of her before this.

I P Knightley
22 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Cori Gauff on the verge of winning her 2nd round match. Is she just going to dominate the sport for the next 15 years? Hadnt heard of her before this.

That's because she'd barely been born before this. She could be one of the teenage flash in the pan players who becomes a trivia question in 5 years time. She could also be the big thing for the next 20 years, just like Sloane Stephens was 4 years ago...

Meanwhile, in the tennis, the third round will pit Milos Raonic against a 6 foot 11 American. Both off them serve at 140+ mph. Could be an awful match.  

rudi must stay
5 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Good call.

Of course, I misread it and thought you had seen Evans playing against Verdasco. Evans wouldn't have lost ;)

From what I heard of the match, Edmund might have injured himself in the third set but he was 3-0 up and should really have been able to close it out.

Evans has more steel than Edmund definatly. Him v Evans would be a very interesting match and I hope it happens one day 

Yes his forehand is terrific but he got abit passive for me (a worrying trait but a British one it seems) and I'm not buying his injury, when he really went for it he was winning points. I think he has to take a long hard look at himself, just like last year. For me he's not determined enough but he does have the talent

Sooperstar
On 02/07/2019 at 22:25, Cygnet said:

Genuinely believe tennis would be far more interesting with football-like crowds.

Picture a player about to serve when the the crowd shouts “Ooooooohhhh YOU’RE SHIT AAHHHHHH”.

See how well Djokovic plays when a coin bounces off his coupon.

Hurling abuse at the umpire and questioning his parentage.

You get my drift. ???

If the weirdos that partake in that god awful chant went anywhere other than a football stadium I would be all for it.

Delighted it seems to only be an English thing and hasn't breached the border.

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Meanwhile, Kyle Edmund looking as though he's about to get pumpded oot by someone old enough to be his dad, give or take.

2 sets up as well, hibs it.

8 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Evans has more steel than Edmund definatly. Him v Evans would be a very interesting match and I hope it happens one day 

Yes his forehand is terrific but he got abit passive for me (a worrying trait but a British one it seems) and I'm not buying his injury, when he really went for it he was winning points. I think he has to take a long hard look at himself, just like last year. For me he's not determined enough but he does have the talent

Edmund beat Evans last week.

PortyJambo

Won a bit of money on Gauff beating Williams at 3/1 and have a small amount, very much a longshot, on her winning it all at 200/1.

Tomic has his appearance money withheld as punishment for not trying hard enough during his 58 minute long defeat to Tsonga.

What is it with Auzzie male tennis players?

Pricks to a man.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Tomic has his appearance money withheld as punishment for not trying hard enough during his 58 minute long defeat to Tsonga.

What is it with Auzzie male tennis players?

Pricks to a man.

Tennis is full of pricks, Money's ruined it. £50,000k just for appearing, win or lose. It's full of guys that don't care. Look at Edmund yesterday in his press conference, he wasn't bothered in the slightest infact watching it you'd have thought he'd won.

Well done to Evans, good win and infact a bit of a landmark result. And this is a solid effort from Clarke, by the looks of things a solid player with good athleticism. 

10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Kyrgios being a tit already.     Tedious *****.

They should sine die him, he's a prick.

Complaining Nadal not playing to the pace of the server.  Complaining that Nadal serving too slow (he isn't).

Cake and eat it.     

rudi must stay
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He's some player when he's not being an arse.

When concentrating hes one of the best around. I reckon his training regime or lack of it is hindering him though and wouldn't be shocked to see it 4-4 in the next few minutes 

I P Knightley
38 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Complaining Nadal not playing to the pace of the server.  Complaining that Nadal serving too slow (he isn't).

Cake and eat it.     

I'm listening to the Wimbledon radio commentary with Laura Robson guesting on the mic. She shares my opinion that Nadal is taking the utter piss and that Kyrgios has a point. He should learn when he's said enough, though. The umpire seems on it, although Laura and I agree that Nadal should have had a talking to at the end of the first set. Going off for a change of shirt and then sitting down for a minute when he got back is not on.

Nadal's a sneaky wee dick; he has been all his career. He knows he's getting under Kygios's skin and is getting away with it.

Now the umpire's taking the piss following the hawkeye challenge. Should have been a reload.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The crowd are being too nice to Kyrgios. If he behaved like this in Scotland the boos would be ringing out. 

What a ****!

I P Knightley
6 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The crowd are being too nice to Kyrgios. If he behaved like this in Scotland the boos would be ringing out. 

What a ****!

I'm cheering his underarm serves and happy to see him calling Nadal out for what he is but he does need to wind his neck in; he's made his point.

He plays some magnificent tennis when he's not grumping.

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm cheering his underarm serves and happy to see him calling Nadal out for what he is but he does need to wind his neck in; he's made his point.

He plays some magnificent tennis when he's not grumping.

I suppose he plays the pantomime villain in the same way McEnroe did back in the day. I used to back whoever was his opponent although backing Nadal is hard in this one.

Krygios just comes over as one huge spoiled brat. He seems to have settled now as the acting up didn't un-settle Nadal as he hoped!

I P Knightley

Marcos Baghdatis with shades of Rudi Skacel; handing out all his kit to the supporters, racquets, shirts, shoes - almost the lot!

I P Knightley
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Nah. He just enjoys tweaking away at his sphincter.

His fingers must smell like sweaty shite after every match. 

Clarty get.

I wonder where her tastes lie

13019-rafael-nadal-mery-perello-feature-

I think Kyrgios did nothing wrong today - simply underlined the point that Rafa is always pushing the boundaries of sporting play, and nobody calls him out for it. But Kyrgios can’t make that point cause he is the bad guy ??‍♂️

I P Knightley
19 minutes ago, Harko said:

I think Kyrgios did nothing wrong today - simply underlined the point that Rafa is always pushing the boundaries of sporting play, and nobody calls him out for it. But Kyrgios can’t make that point cause he is the bad guy ??‍♂️

You're right.

The tennis 'establishment' has a leaning towards Roger and Rafa; less so Murray (and a couple of others) and even less so for Djoko. To them, everyone else is just cannon fodder. Nadal gets away with it time after time. The etiquette is clear; be ready when the server is ready. There are exceptions but only in the extreme - such as folk in the line of vision getting their tits oot or some such.. Those exceptions don't extend to "Rafa not feeling quite ready 'cos he hasn't had his finger up his own arse crack yet".

Kyrgios was spot on in his analysis. That umpire was weak and favoured Nadal. They'll probably fine him despite him being right.

4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

You're right.

The tennis 'establishment' has a leaning towards Roger and Rafa; less so Murray (and a couple of others) and even less so for Djoko. To them, everyone else is just cannon fodder. Nadal gets away with it time after time. The etiquette is clear; be ready when the server is ready. There are exceptions but only in the extreme - such as folk in the line of vision getting their tits oot or some such.. Those exceptions don't extend to "Rafa not feeling quite ready 'cos he hasn't had his finger up his own arse crack yet".

Kyrgios was spot on in his analysis. That umpire was weak and favoured Nadal. They'll probably fine him despite him being right.

C'mon Rafa! Just a couple of GSs more to catch the Swiss prick.

4 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

You're right.

Boo hoo!