• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• rudi must stay

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

I P Knightley
8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Good game here. Serena not having it her own way at all. Could be going to 3 sets

Probably not now. Big Serena's woken up.

I P Knightley
34 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Probably not now. Big Serena's woken up.

Every bloody year I make a confident statement and every bloody year it blows up in my face.

Serena's getting herself taped up with a strain or injury or something having just had her serve broken. Riske is serving to level up at one set all.

If she's hurt, will she pull out of the mixed dubs?

rudi must stay

Slow start from Strycova. Would be nice if that continued I don't rate Konta when things get tough

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Making a Konta of it.   Bye bye.

forehand ruined it for her, terrible returns at this level.

8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It's like having Tiger Tim back.

Yep, Konta is just a shit Tim Henman.

Tommy Brown
35 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Australian woman of Hungarian parentage, who took the British pound, struggling at Wimbers.

FIFY

Harry Potter
16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Strycova done her up like a kipper. Took the pace off the ball, mixed it up, volleyed beautifully and Konta, with her shredded mind and lack of bottle, just couldn't handle it.

Bye bye and bugger off.

Not a fan Jonno, lol.  

JudyJudyJudy

Glad konta out . Overrated and anything Which shuts up the über privileged fuds in the crowd suits me . Looks like a Serena  / Simona final . That should be dazzling if Simona on her game . If not then serena will eat her up . Happy for either to win . 

JudyJudyJudy

Stycova played a classic game against her . Reminds me of the time when Lindsey Davenport out played Graf in the final in 1999 with a clever tactical intelligent plan of action . 

Pasquale for King
On 01/07/2019 at 06:44, SpruceBringsteen said:

Middle class sport for the terminably dull. Everyone can have a tantrum if they want, I deal in fact only. ?

Everyone wants to watch it again now that monotone Hibs ***** is in it 🙈, not on my watch 😆.

rudi must stay
22 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Strycova done her up like a kipper. Took the pace off the ball, mixed it up, volleyed beautifully and Konta, with her shredded mind and lack of bottle, just couldn't handle it.

Bye bye and bugger off.

Taking the pace off was big yes, it threw Konta. That's all Konta seems to have and she hits as much of these shots out and she does in, but she'll be back. She's too good not to come back despite her questionable personality. Quarter and a semi final is a decent run tennis wise and I'm sure she'll build on it

rudi must stay
21 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

For an Australian she sure seems to have a lack of belief and mentality. Aussies may not always win, but they rarely lack guts, heart and a spine. 

Maybe she has become too 'English ' after all.

I'm no fan of the she lacks guts or he did in any sport, takes guts to put yourself in the firing line and be good enough to get there, what I don't like is cheating or gamesmanship. She kept plugging away and was beaten by a player that had a better game plan. Konta has a lot to work on and I actually think she could play a calmer game of tennis, we saw that v Stephens in the French but that's unusual for her, it's usually hit and rush and that's why she hits alot out

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Konta not chuffed at the media conference. 

Basically was asked why she shat her frillies.  No answer.

Then asked what she needed to do to win a slam. Accused the questioner if being disrespectful and patronising.

What a snooty cow. To be blunt, she hibsed it, and will continue to Hibs it until she fecks off back to Budapest, Sydney or whichever other flag of convenience takes her fancy.

Shes a snooty boot. 

SpruceBringsteen
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Everyone wants to watch it again now that monotone Hibs ***** is in it 🙈, not on my watch 😆.

Tell the daft auld b******s the remote is broken. :pleasingao:

rudi must stay

Didn't think he was patronising to be honest. 

Shame we're in this era and the media will back her because it was a guy asking her. "How dare he". Just like Serena being inspirational for hitting a ball over a net

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Tell the daft auld b******s the remote is broken. :pleasingao:

Have to say it was good to see my favourite player on court, shame she had to carry that boring Hibs *****.

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Then asked what she needed to do to win a slam. Accused the questioner if being disrespectful and patronising.

The question in itself wasn't patronising but the way he worded it was.

The smug sounding **** deserved a bat in the gob.

The Mighty Thor
12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Konta not chuffed at the media conference. 

Basically was asked why she shat her frillies.  No answer.

What a snooty cow. To be blunt, she hibsed it, and will continue to Hibs it until she fecks off back to Budapest, Sydney or whichever other flag of convenience takes her fancy.

Heard it this morning. 

She wasn't a happy little camper.

I agree with you though, she can't take the pressure as she showed yesterday where she shat the bed. 

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Didn't think he was patronising to be honest. 

Shame we're in this era and the media will back her because it was a guy asking her. "How dare he". Just like Serena being inspirational for hitting a ball over a net

The dreadful woman they have fronting Amazon Prime's tennis coverage (who screams "sexist" at everything; the one who tweeted with an assumption of guilt for Ronaldo's rape charge) is at it again, claiming that The S*n's headline is inaccurate (make your mind up for yourself), vitriolic (I'd tend to agree - it was probably a S*n journalist who asked the question and is in a huff about the response) and 'sexist' (aye, right!).

Here's what they wrote - judge for yourself.

OH NO, JO!

Foul-mouthed Jo Konta screams 'of ****ing hell' as Britain's last hope is dumped out of Wimbledon by unseeded nobody

I can think of a few other adjectives I'd use to describe that before reaching 'sexist'.

rudi must stay

Nishikora giving it his all here. One of the most underrated and consistent players around and Federer hasn't impressed that much from what I've seen. This one has the potential to go to five

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Konta is extremely dislikeable and always full of excuses. Right up there with Chris Froome for British sports people I can’t stand.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have come to the conclusion that most of the line judges don't play much tennis, plenty hefty figures around :smile:

rudi must stay
9 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The dreadful woman they have fronting Amazon Prime's tennis coverage (who screams "sexist" at everything; the one who tweeted with an assumption of guilt for Ronaldo's rape charge) is at it again, claiming that The S*n's headline is inaccurate (make your mind up for yourself), vitriolic (I'd tend to agree - it was probably a S*n journalist who asked the question and is in a huff about the response) and 'sexist' (aye, right!).

Here's what they wrote - judge for yourself.

I can think of a few other adjectives I'd use to describe that before reaching 'sexist'.

In fairness I would find a journalist sitting in a chair listing her missed shots abit patronising, the BBC didn't show that part of it online "You missed a drive volley, serve etc". I think I would have been raging too after that

Interesting that that part of it changes everything, but I think it totally does. The guy is abit of a jerk for doing that

Captain Sausage

Here’s our seats from today. Absolutely brilliant. Would recommend a day out at Wimbledon to everyone!

D0F2440F-10BE-4C68-A221-A38CCB41D5C8.jpeg

1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

Here’s our seats from today. Absolutely brilliant. Would recommend a day out at Wimbledon to everyone!

The guy infront nodding off?

Captain Sausage
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

The guy infront nodding off?

He was apparently a junior who got knocked out earlier in the week. Amazing the difference in occupancy between the ballot tickets and the corporate tickets. Don’t even get me started on the 400 strong Royal Box!

rudi must stay
25 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

It's a great day out eh. Been three times

A nice Pimm's only improves things

Samuel Camazzola
15 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The question in itself wasn't patronising but the way he worded it was.

The smug sounding **** deserved a bat in the gob.

Yeah, the guy came across as a bit of a twat. Ironically, it was Konta who fired the first 'patronising' comment by saying something along the lines of 'in your opinion as a tennis expert'. 

Governor Tarkin
12 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Yeah, the guy came across as a bit of a twat. Ironically, it was Konta who fired the first 'patronising' comment by saying something along the lines of 'in your opinion as a tennis expert'. 

That is fairly patronising, but I'm not sure there's anything ironic about it (in neither the Greek nor modern sense).

Strycova playing with a smile on her face and really relishing the adversity.    The opposite of the other side.

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That is fairly patronising, but I'm not sure there's anything ironic about it (in neither the Greek nor modern sense).

Konta is a boot!

Nookie Bear
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Konta is a boot!

She’s fit as feck though. Totally would. 

And a cracking tennis player who, like dozens of other players, struggle to make that leap from Top 10 to Grand Slam champion. 

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

She’s fit as feck though. Totally would. 

And a cracking tennis player who, like dozens of other players, struggle to make that leap from Top 10 to Grand Slam champion. 

:sick:

JudyJudyJudy

Nadal v Federer should be incredible. I was surprised at their head to head where Nadal leads quite impressively

They have played each other 39 times. Their most recent encounter was in the semifinal of the 2019 French Open. Nadal leads the head to head 24–15. Nadal leads 14–10 in finals. Of these matches, 13 have been in Grand Slams with Nadal leading 10–3.[18][19] Nadal leads 6–0 at the French Open and 3–1 at the Australian Open, while Federer leads 2–1 at Wimbledon. The two have yet to meet in the US Open.

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Nadal v Federer should be incredible. I was surprised at their head to head where Nadal leads quite impressively

They have played each other 39 times. Their most recent encounter was in the semifinal of the 2019 French Open. Nadal leads the head to head 24–15. Nadal leads 14–10 in finals. Of these matches, 13 have been in Grand Slams with Nadal leading 10–3.[18][19] Nadal leads 6–0 at the French Open and 3–1 at the Australian Open, while Federer leads 2–1 at Wimbledon. The two have yet to meet in the US Open.

And Novak leads the two of them in head to heads