Jump to content
mscjambo

Oh to be a Hibs fan

Recommended Posts

Swanny17
1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

 

My favorite Roadrunner cartoon

image.png.a7e12efc73354cf63ba31a30940856fd.png

 

Someone needs to turn that into a Levein v Hecky image......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

It said that the HSL meeting was to be held at Sunnyside.  There's a place here by that name which is a sanctuary for the mentally disadvantaged.

 

Surely not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roboldgoth

Who the chuff are hibs,,, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambokev

As Soccer AM used to say "Taxi for Dempster !"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Here we go folks... ready for this... this is good... take it away...

 

One Day In Time 06:59 PM Today
I've had a day at work with a whole lot of them slagging me off about this.

You know what, I couldn't give a monkeys what that lot say. This is just another first in the Scottish game for HFC 

First domestic game under floodlights, first British team to play in Europe. Now we're the first Scottish team with a short sponsor. Shows creativity in my mind
and another source of income isn't to be sniffed at. In future years we'll be able to attract higher profile partners, paying significant wedges to advertise their services and products to 20000 people every fortnight, and a TV audience too

I can handle the snidey and ill informed comments from others but to read such negativity from our own, is hard to take

Where is all this negativity coming from? We're two games in to the season with all to play for.

Have we all forgotten Persevere or was that just a timely soundbite?

 

 

Brilliant. Just brilliant

 

Thats some list of 'firsts'

 

😆

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fort Vallance

Short sponsor ? Presume it's on the arse. Reminds me of Frank Bruno with the sponsor on the sole of his boots. Well not really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Here we go folks... ready for this... this is good... take it away...

 

One Day In Time 06:59 PM Today
I've had a day at work with a whole lot of them slagging me off about this.

You know what, I couldn't give a monkeys what that lot say. This is just another first in the Scottish game for HFC 

First domestic game under floodlights, first British team to play in Europe. Now we're the first Scottish team with a short sponsor. Shows creativity in my mind
and another source of income isn't to be sniffed at. In future years we'll be able to attract higher profile partners, paying significant wedges to advertise their services and products to 20000 people every fortnight, and a TV audience too

I can handle the snidey and ill informed comments from others but to read such negativity from our own, is hard to take

Where is all this negativity coming from? We're two games in to the season with all to play for.

Have we all forgotten Persevere or was that just a timely soundbite?

 

 

Brilliant. Just brilliant

 

Thats some list of 'firsts'

 

😆

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Except none of them are true!! Hibernian-myths!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Here we go folks... ready for this... this is good... take it away...

 

One Day In Time 06:59 PM Today
I've had a day at work with a whole lot of them slagging me off about this.

You know what, I couldn't give a monkeys what that lot say. This is just another first in the Scottish game for HFC 

First domestic game under floodlights, first British team to play in Europe. Now we're the first Scottish team with a short sponsor. Shows creativity in my mind
and another source of income isn't to be sniffed at. In future years we'll be able to attract higher profile partners, paying significant wedges to advertise their services and products to 20000 people every fortnight, and a TV audience too

I can handle the snidey and ill informed comments from others but to read such negativity from our own, is hard to take

Where is all this negativity coming from? We're two games in to the season with all to play for.

Have we all forgotten Persevere or was that just a timely soundbite?

 

 

Brilliant. Just brilliant

 

Thats some list of 'firsts'

 

😆

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jesus H. That’s frightening. Wait until someone tells him the floodlight thing was stenhousemuir (as if anyone really cares) and they were the third British team to be invited into Europe but the first to accept. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FinnBarr Saunders
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

Jesus H. That’s frightening. Wait until someone tells him the floodlight thing was stenhousemuir (as if anyone really cares) and they were the third British team to be invited into Europe but the first to accept. 

 

Were West Auckland not the first British team to play in europe when the invite went to them instead of Woolich (sp) Arsenal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
9 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

Jesus H. That’s frightening. Wait until someone tells him the floodlight thing was stenhousemuir (as if anyone really cares) and they were the third British team to be invited into Europe but the first to accept. 

 

They were definitely the first Edinburgh team to get horsed 5-1 in a Scottish Cup final by their City rivals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
132goals1958
3 hours ago, Cygnet said:

 

Someone needs to turn that into a Levein v Hecky image......

 

The sky is the limit with this opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
51 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

 

They were definitely the first Edinburgh team to get horsed 5-1 in a Scottish Cup final by their City rivals!

 

:robbo: FTH

brilliant 👍👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

 

They were definitely the first Edinburgh team to get horsed 5-1 in a Scottish Cup final by their City rivals!

:yas:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Here we go folks... ready for this... this is good... take it away...

 

One Day In Time 06:59 PM Today
I've had a day at work with a whole lot of them slagging me off about this.

You know what, I couldn't give a monkeys what that lot say. This is just another first in the Scottish game for HFC 

First domestic game under floodlights, first British team to play in Europe. Now we're the first Scottish team with a short sponsor. Shows creativity in my mind
and another source of income isn't to be sniffed at. In future years we'll be able to attract higher profile partners, paying significant wedges to advertise their services and products to 20000 people every fortnight, and a TV audience too

I can handle the snidey and ill informed comments from others but to read such negativity from our own, is hard to take

Where is all this negativity coming from? We're two games in to the season with all to play for.

Have we all forgotten Persevere or was that just a timely soundbite?

 

 

Brilliant. Just brilliant

 

Thats some list of 'firsts'

 

😆

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:gok: 

Not having that. That's got to be an undercover Jambo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Here we go folks... ready for this... this is good... take it away...

 

One Day In Time 06:59 PM Today
I've had a day at work with a whole lot of them slagging me off about this.

You know what, I couldn't give a monkeys what that lot say. This is just another first in the Scottish game for HFC 

First domestic game under floodlights, first British team to play in Europe. Now we're the first Scottish team with a short sponsor. Shows creativity in my mind
and another source of income isn't to be sniffed at. In future years we'll be able to attract higher profile partners, paying significant wedges to advertise their services and products to 20000 people every fortnight, and a TV audience too

I can handle the snidey and ill informed comments from others but to read such negativity from our own, is hard to take

Where is all this negativity coming from? We're two games in to the season with all to play for.

Have we all forgotten Persevere or was that just a timely soundbite?

 

 

Brilliant. Just brilliant

 

Thats some list of 'firsts'

 

😆

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not the first to talk nonsense . where do they get the achievement's from. Comedy Gold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
7 minutes ago, AJAMBO said:

 

Not the first to talk nonsense . where do they get the achievement's from. Comedy Gold

 

The “First British club to play in Europe” achievement is particularly cringeworthy. Aberdeen, Celtic Rangers and Hearts declined to participate so they went to the 5th placed club. :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BMC 12

The money is evenly split between both teams. Don't knock it too soon. As you will see soon . (not on shorts) it's an advertising campaign. Beep beep will be all you here for next few weeks on the tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, gjcc said:

 

The “First British club to play in Europe” achievement is particularly cringeworthy. Aberdeen, Celtic Rangers and Hearts declined to participate so they went to the 5th placed club. :lol: 

 

The Lie's they come out with or over exaggerate everything is legendary. They are setting up a fund for  investment without any power. At least we get more laughs. Laughing at Hibs since Logie Green 1896

0_1896-Scottish-Cup-Final-Hearts-v-Hibs-at-Logie-Greenjpeg.jpg

Edited by AJAMBO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gorgie rd eh11
2 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

Jesus H. That’s frightening. Wait until someone tells him the floodlight thing was stenhousemuir (as if anyone really cares) and they were the third British team to be invited into Europe but the first to accept. 

 

 

 Sshhh. Hibs myths are not to be questioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc

Direct from Hibs Historical Trust. 

 

“Contrary to popular belief, Hibs were not the first Scottish side to install lights, but the fifth. The game against Stenhousemuir had alerted other enterprising clubs to the advantages of playing under light and by the end of 1953 Rangers, Kilmarnock and Falkirk had installed their own systems, all mounted along roofs of their stands, and later East Fife whose lights had been situated on low columns placed at each corner of the ground.”

 

:sweeet:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox
26 minutes ago, gjcc said:

 

The “First British club to play in Europe” achievement is particularly cringeworthy. Aberdeen, Celtic Rangers and Hearts declined to participate so they went to the 5th placed club. :lol: 

 

Yes, they basically got in by invite, but only after the previous 4 Scottish invitees said naw!  Similarly, Chelsea, who were English champions were invited, but discouraged from taking part by the FA.

 

This wasn't an official tournament, basically something set up by Real Madrid which wasn't sanctioned by the footballing authorities.  It eventually developed into the European Cup and came under the auspices of UEFA.

 

They weren't even the first British club to play in Europe.  Bishop Auckland played in and won the Sir Thomas Lipton trophy, in Turin in 1909.  Some say that this tournament was a precursor to the world cup which eventually took place in 1930.  On the back of this, some people extrapolate wildly to claim that Bishop Auckland were the first world champions.

 

Amazingly, I recently discovered that Bishop Auckland is twinned with Lochend.  They have regular exchange trips where they get together to indulge in massive circle jerks while bragging about their made up achievements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jake
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

 

Yes, they basically got in by invite, but only after the previous 4 Scottish invitees said naw!  Similarly, Chelsea, who were English champions were invited, but discouraged from taking part by the FA.

 

This wasn't an official tournament, basically something set up by Real Madrid which wasn't sanctioned by the footballing authorities.  It eventually developed into the European Cup and came under the auspices of UEFA.

 

They weren't even the first British club to play in Europe.  Bishop Auckland played in and won the Sir Thomas Lipton trophy, in Turin in 1909.  Some say that this tournament was a precursor to the world cup which eventually took place in 1930.  On the back of this, some people extrapolate wildly to claim that Bishop Auckland were the first world champions.

 

Amazingly, I recently discovered that Bishop Auckland is twinned with Lochend.  They have regular exchange trips where they get together to indulge in massive circle jerks while bragging about their made up achievements.

I'm sure theres a film about Bishop Auckland with him out Auf Wiederson pet was in it.

 

Quite good it was 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox
1 minute ago, jake said:

I'm sure theres a film about Bishop Auckland with him out Auf Wiederson pet was in it.

 

Quite good it was 

 

Do you mean Jimmy Nail, Den or Neville.  Presumably wouldn't be Barry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
downunder jambo

Great photo. Interesting line markings! When did they change?

 

2 hours ago, AJAMBO said:

 

 

0_1896-Scottish-Cup-Final-Hearts-v-Hibs-at-Logie-Greenjpeg.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
4 minutes ago, downunder jambo said:

Great photo. Interesting line markings! When did they change?

 

 

 

Seems they were as above from 1891-1902. 

After then, pretty much as today but the penalty arc came in ‘37. 

6ECE3951-754D-489D-B892-3977FFCDD875.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
4 hours ago, been here before said:

Here we go folks... ready for this... this is good... take it away...

 

One Day In Time 06:59 PM Today
I've had a day at work with a whole lot of them slagging me off about this.

You know what, I couldn't give a monkeys what that lot say. This is just another first in the Scottish game for HFC 

First domestic game under floodlights, first British team to play in Europe. Now we're the first Scottish team with a short sponsor. Shows creativity in my mind
and another source of income isn't to be sniffed at. In future years we'll be able to attract higher profile partners, paying significant wedges to advertise their services and products to 20000 people every fortnight, and a TV audience too

I can handle the snidey and ill informed comments from others but to read such negativity from our own, is hard to take

Where is all this negativity coming from? We're two games in to the season with all to play for.

Have we all forgotten Persevere or was that just a timely soundbite?

 

 

Brilliant. Just brilliant

 

Thats some list of 'firsts'

 

😆

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, definitely first, definitely no one in Scottish football has done that before loads of times. 

 

Inverness-Caledonian-Thistle-Home-Strip-

 

Celtic-Away-Shorts-2010.jpg

 

New-Celtic-Shorts-2014.jpg

 

New-Dundee-United-Strip-12-13-Nike.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jake said:

I'm sure theres a film about Bishop Auckland with him out Auf Wiederson pet was in it.

 

Quite good it was 

 

Correct jakey boy. ‘A Captain’s Tale’ starring Dennis Waterman and Tim (Healey?). 

 

It’s a fantastic football fillum. 

 

Well worth a watch.

 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0084918/

 

They thought they had invited the famous Woolwich Arsenal to a tournament but invited West Auckland by mistake. 

Edited by BarneyBattles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
1 hour ago, downunder jambo said:

Great photo. Interesting line markings! When did they change?

 

 

 

I have no idea. It's a magical image so many questions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

Correct jakey boy. ‘A Captain’s Tale’ starring Dennis Waterman and Tim (Healey?). 

 

It’s a fantastic football fillum. 

 

Well worth a watch.

 

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0084918/

 

They thought they had invited the famous Woolwich Arsenal to a tournament but invited West Auckland by mistake. 

 

Probably feeling much like the guy at Real Madrid who thought he'd invited the famous to the inaugural European Cup, only to see the vermin turn up instead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chester copperpot
On 22/08/2019 at 17:30, Marooon! said:

 

20190822_172929.thumb.jpg.abb44402c74c5dc3e78e6e13b8a6098b.jpg

 

 

 

Fecking brilliant :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin
Posted (edited)
On 22/08/2019 at 23:14, Homme said:

 

Everything about their mentality is just utterly childlike and so small time. 

 

Beep beep

 

 

 

When I first heard about beep beep I thought it was something to do with Road Runner.   

 

Edit: Didn't see the post above. As mentioned brilliant.

Edited by Marvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allystrachan
6 hours ago, gjcc said:

 

Seems they were as above from 1891-1902. 

After then, pretty much as today but the penalty arc came in ‘37. 

6ECE3951-754D-489D-B892-3977FFCDD875.gif

Interesting. Surprised we didn’t take the piss if that’s what the pitch looked like when they win the Scottish cup in 1902.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who_put_the_ball_in...
10 hours ago, been here before said:

Here we go folks... ready for this... this is good... take it away...

 

One Day In Time 06:59 PM Today
I've had a day at work with a whole lot of them slagging me off about this.

You know what, I couldn't give a monkeys what that lot say. This is just another first in the Scottish game for HFC 

First domestic game under floodlights, first British team to play in Europe. Now we're the first Scottish team with a short sponsor. Shows creativity in my mind
and another source of income isn't to be sniffed at. In future years we'll be able to attract higher profile partners, paying significant wedges to advertise their services and products to 20000 people every fortnight, and a TV audience too

I can handle the snidey and ill informed comments from others but to read such negativity from our own, is hard to take

Where is all this negativity coming from? We're two games in to the season with all to play for.

Have we all forgotten Persevere or was that just a timely soundbite?

 

 

Brilliant. Just brilliant

 

Thats some list of 'firsts'

 

😆

 

 

 

 

 

 

First full time side from Edinburgh to spend 3 years outside the top flight. He forgot that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iainmac

First Scottish Women's Team to have a Captain that is so traumatised that she can't count? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swanny17
5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

First Scottish Women's Team to have a Captain that is so traumatised that she can't count? 

 

 

 

Reminds me of a time when a Hibs fan was answering questions in the EEN. When asked about his favourite Hibs memory, he said the 7-0 game. 

 

He wasn’t even born. 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874

New song

 

When I was just a little boy

my mother gave me a little toy 

An Hibernian fan on a string 

she told me to kick its ****ing head in

its ****ing head in

its ****ing head in

she told me to kick his ****ing head in

 

repeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Hard man

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBigO
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Hard man

 

 

Is banging your sister cheating on yourself if you're a tosser? Suppose it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sadj
12 hours ago, Rudy T said:

 

They were definitely the first Edinburgh team to get horsed 5-1 in a Scottish Cup final by their City rivals!

 

Superb 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

 

So 5th Scottish team to be invited to play in Europe first to accept , 5th Scottish team to install floodlights... 1st Scottish team to lose 5-1 to their maroon overlords?👌🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
3 hours ago, allystrachan said:

Interesting. Surprised we didn’t take the piss if that’s what the pitch looked like when they win the Scottish cup in 1902.

Boobs on the goal line

You won with boobs on the goal line

Boobs on the goal line

You won with boobs on the goal line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stupid Sexy Flanders
21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Boobs on the goal line

You won with boobs on the goal line

Boobs on the goal line

You won with boobs on the goal line

 

😆 Lovely stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

First Scottish Women's Team to have a Captain that is so traumatised that she can't count? 

 

 

Surely the correct answer is Griffith's winner v. Aberdeen in the semi final?

Edited by DETTY29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AJAMBO
2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

 

Reminds me of a time when a Hibs fan was answering questions in the EEN. When asked about his favourite Hibs memory, he said the 7-0 game. 

 

He wasn’t even born. 😂😂😂

 

That's brilliant swanny they just don't think at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Boobs on the goal line

You won with boobs on the goal line

Boobs on the goal line

You won with boobs on the goal line

 

Twice if you count Conrad Logan I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

 

Twice if you count Conrad Logan I suppose. 

 

Thousands of you count all the tits that ran on during their over exuberant cup final celebration 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coburg Hearts

They seem to be very confused about their ponzi scheme, but to be fair I have included the reply from the head honcho of the scheme. It would be interesting to get @Footballfirst's thoughts on the reply, but I guess it's a case of wait and see.

 

Posted by ahibby 

Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, Originally until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.

 

Golden Bear.

I would join if I receive guarantees that my contribution would go directly to the Club in order to create a healthy transfer kitty or go towards players signing on fees /wages.
As for share purchase, then no thanks.

 

Official HSL.

We're not sure if we are talking at cross purposes here but for the avoidance of any doubt we are happy to confirm that all previous funds raised prior to the recent transaction has been passed to the Club and has been spent on player wages etc. This has been confirmed by Leeann and indeed I understand that all previous Fan Rep Directors have confirmed this.

If you are an HSL Member you will very shortly be giving us your instructions regarding going forward. In terms of all future funds being passed to the Club for the football Team we sense that all, if not most of our Members, are happy with the current arrangement and trust our Board that funds passed to them will be directed to the Football Dept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coburg Hearts
17 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Surely the correct answer is Griffith's winner v. Aberdeen in the semi final?

Very good. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

They seem to be very confused about their ponzi scheme, but to be fair I have included the reply from the head honcho of the scheme. It would be interesting to get @Footballfirst's thoughts on the reply, but I guess it's a case of wait and see.

 

Posted by ahibby 

Maybe I'm alone in my thinking but before I donate anymore money I need to see a clear gate money is used towards the team, i.e. bringing in and paying players statement from both HSL and the club which informs us exactly what their intentions are. I would like the club to make it clear that season ticket money and. They should make it clear that money from HSL for team purposes won't mean that the equivalent amount is diverted from season tickets and gate receipts for other costs.

I'm disappointed that nearly a million pounds already raised hasn't already found it's way to the team budget. I was always, Originally until very recently that is, under the impression that was the purpose of it all, i.e. I thought the previous owners had said that share money would go to the team budget but perhaps I am imagining that. It needs to be sorted promptly otherwise I can see many donation sources pulling out.

 

Golden Bear.

I would join if I receive guarantees that my contribution would go directly to the Club in order to create a healthy transfer kitty or go towards players signing on fees /wages.
As for share purchase, then no thanks.

 

Official HSL.

We're not sure if we are talking at cross purposes here but for the avoidance of any doubt we are happy to confirm that all previous funds raised prior to the recent transaction has been passed to the Club and has been spent on player wages etc. This has been confirmed by Leeann and indeed I understand that all previous Fan Rep Directors have confirmed this.

If you are an HSL Member you will very shortly be giving us your instructions regarding going forward. In terms of all future funds being passed to the Club for the football Team we sense that all, if not most of our Members, are happy with the current arrangement and trust our Board that funds passed to them will be directed to the Football Dept.

 

“Nearly a million pounds” :lol: 

How many years contributions is that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coburg Hearts
3 minutes ago, gjcc said:

 

“Nearly a million pounds” :lol: 

How many years contributions is that?

The phrase "Cloud cuckoo land" comes to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...