Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

Coburg Hearts

Reminds me of the old song, You've got your troubles, I've got mine. Rather have our troubles, though. We both have managers not fit for the job, but we have a better squad and we don't have a foreign owner. Anyway, the following is from a disgruntled hibby from the bounce.

Smurf

Today at 7:41 AM

NewBought the club in the summer and given plenty of time to put down a marker. He's put down none. He's given one wee media round where he laughably spoke of winning the league...

Spoke to supporters at one function where they'd be told that they can "pony up" to pay for some capital infrastructure project.

Now into September us supporters are left with a manager and team very few of us have any confidence in. And questions are rightly being asked of all other personnel and departments at the club.

Recruitment has been shambolic. Unless results and performances improve fast then rightly Leeann Dempster & George Craig will have huge questions to answer.

My biggest question though is to the guy who popped over the pond to buy us. Why did you bother your ass?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 02/09/2019 at 08:23, Plank said:

Fair enough :laugh:

My memory was from the book i had years ago, going through every result of the season. I liked that book.

On 02/09/2019 at 08:23, Plank said:

Fair enough :laugh:

My memory was from the book i had years ago, going through every result of the season. I liked that book.

2 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I believe our squad is far better than theirs in every position.

Then why are we below them in the league, again. 

been here before
9 minutes ago, shauncl said:

Trying to upload photos but it won't do it,the book is glorious hearts, game by game of the 85-86 season 

Is it not this...?

20190903_153322.thumb.jpg.a1e3ed969b15fb95af99e5953379a263.jpg

20190903_153305.thumb.jpg.8b4c414142bc1bbd7d8575929848f8a6.jpg

9 minutes ago, Pasha said:

Then why are we below them in the league, again. 

2 Pts difference after 4 games.  Season's over, isn't it. 

Stephen Muddie
37 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is it not this...?

Nah, this one. Got them both, although my memory has proven on this thread not as good as either.
On that note, I'm not sure myself now which one is the game-by-game style. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302594792819

Edited by Stephen Muddie

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Is it not this...?

No ,it has robbo on the front against Dundee utd, edited by Mike Aitken, foreword by Tommy Walker OBE

been here before
25 minutes ago, shauncl said:

No ,it has robbo on the front against Dundee utd, edited by Mike Aitken, foreword by Tommy Walker OBE

20190903_173547.thumb.jpg.758d7acab7c94646060c5e636247f040.jpg

20190903_173531.thumb.jpg.61f9659aaf521cc308f808e7056ac605.jpg

52 minutes ago, Morgan said:

This one?

I’ve got the one with the dust cover and the one without.

876CC61D-F0DD-4C1A-A641-4F3ECD72981E.jpeg

That's the one,though my one is paperback

Edited by shauncl

been here before
1 hour ago, shauncl said:

Another good read is HEART TO HEART the anatomy of a football club with Wallace mercer on the front, again by Mike aitken

Aye got that too...

20190903_195949.thumb.jpg.7e8ff8e27b28c1d2b4584c381788c581.jpg

Been a while since I read it but I seem to remember there's a Q & A survey of the squad which is quiye entertaining in a mid to late 80s style.

1 hour ago, shauncl said:

That's the one,though my one is paperback

The goal he scored their was an absolute racker ☺️♥️👍🏻

2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

£3 on Ebay. 

Will have a look , worst book iv lost was the scotland one from 85-86 where it went through all the world cup qualifying campaigns. Got it as a present for s forms and the whole united team at time had signed it and wrote messages for me in it after my parents had written congratulations etc inside it. Absolutely devastated when it went missing. 

@Morgan you any good at finding these things? Blue fronted book in paperback? Had all the games from 1950 to 1986

Edited by sadj

On 02/09/2019 at 14:51, Turkishcap said:

Yep, but we are Hearts

🎵we are the hearts🎵we are " we are we are the hearts 🎵🎼👏👏🇱🇻🇱🇻👌

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

Will have a look , worst book iv lost was the scotland one from 85-86 where it went through all the world cup qualifying campaigns. Got it as a present for s forms and the whole united team at time had signed it and wrote messages for me in it after my parents had written congratulations etc inside it. Absolutely devastated when it went missing. 

@Morgan you any good at finding these things? Blue fronted book in paperback? Had all the games from 1950 to 1986

Were you s form with United? 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

I’ll try, sadj.

I’ll get back to you.

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Another good one.

8DC7CB10-A052-44F9-87C4-BB03332F2F8D.jpeg

Complete with Gary, in his chapter, taking a swipe at Craig, I believe. 

I have a copy, Morg, but haven't seen it for years. In the attic, I would guess, and one day 'er indoors nagging will make me find it. :)

Edit: in keeping with this thread:

FTHibs 

Edited by martoon

3 hours ago, sadj said:

This is the second edition of that book which goes from 1950 to 1994, the first edition as you say went up to 1986.

http://www.desertislandbooks.com/titles/Football titles/Scotland World Cup.html

Capture.JPG

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, sadj said:

I’m not down til the Aberdeen game but I owe you a pint. Thank you so much. Ordered the 86 version 👍🏻

4E8B45EB-0FF0-4959-BEE3-F723CA18EFDD.jpeg

The real Tartan Army - not a kilt , piper jacket or big feather in sight 

been here before
1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

The real Tartan Army - not a kilt , piper jacket or big feather in sight 

Is the boy right in the middle of the picture not in a kilt? You also cant see the bottom half on any but one or two others, each one of them could be kilted up.

I do take your point though 

Edited by been here before

Just watched the highlights of the Motherwell Hibs game. Whittaker looked horrific at rightback, no wonder they were desperate to sign Jason Naismith.  

Has anybody noticed that if you click on to .net there isn’t a choice for you to go to their forum 🤔 have they taken that out so you can’t go on to it now.

Edited by tynietigers

Guest ToqueJambo
43 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Has anybody noticed that if you click on to .net there isn’t a choice for you to go to their forum 🤔 have they taken that out so you can’t go on to it now.

Don't need to go on a forum to know what state Hibs are in right now. The silence of my Hibee mates now is deafening after a few seasons of them being all cocky and wanting to talk about football again. They're in for a long season and they know it.

On 02/07/2019 at 10:29, doctor jambo said:

£6 million does not get you very far these days. At least not if its a one off.

If you spend it all on wages for a year it would probably lift you to a maximum third.

And then its all gone.

We had 6 million and blew it " with the exception of Niemi???easy done" ask jj....

9 hours ago, Walrus said:

Just watched the highlights of the Motherwell Hibs game. Whittaker looked horrific at rightback, no wonder they were desperate to sign Jason Naismith.  

Just watched it myself. 

Cheered me up a little. Hibs look dreadful.

😂

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Don't need to go on a forum to know what state Hibs are in right now. The silence of my Hibee mates now is deafening after a few seasons of them being all cocky and wanting to talk about football again. They're in for a long season and they know it.

This sums up my hobo pal

We've got a WhatsApp Hearts Hibs group 

12 of them 1 of me 

Nothing from them all season 

I've never been off it ripping the hole out of them on a weekly basis 

They know their back to the old way 

We_are_the_Hearts
17 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

This sums up my hobo pal

We've got a WhatsApp Hearts Hibs group 

12 of them 1 of me 

Nothing from them all season 

I've never been off it ripping the hole out of them on a weekly basis 

They know their back to the old way 

Which makes our situation all the more frustrating!

Coburg Hearts

I know that the HSL scheme (aka as a ponzi) is of no concern to lots of Jambos, and that's fair enough, but I like to keep tabs on how it is faring, or otherwise.

Here is a reply from their boss-man to a Lord Bunberry. 

Originally Posted by lord bunberry 
My money comes off every month, but to be honest I’ve lost interest in the whole enterprise. It’s been badly promoted and badly run since the very beginning. It was a good idea that has failed to capture the imagination of the fans. Hearts version has been hugely popular due to the fact that they needed to save their club. Aberdeen didn’t have that pressing issue, but they’ve managed to make their scheme hugely popular. We’ve had amateur videos from one of the proclaimers and prize draws to win tickets to European games. I’ll keep up my donations but I really think there needs to be a new scheme launched that is more professional and something that matches the ones our rivals are running.

Lord Burnberry

Thank you for your comments and we do of course respect your opinion.

We do look at our rival schemes to see if we can learn things to help us improve but they both pose dilemmas for us :

Hearts - their scheme was borne out of crisis and for their fans literally do or die. The other point to make is that their scheme supports majority fan ownership. We have no sense that Hibs fans have any appetite for this and indeed the recent transaction removes that possibility. Indeed we have had a couple of new Members join us as a result of this.

Aberdeen - while this on the face of looks like a good scheme we think if we adopted this approach we would lose Members. At the moment our Members who contribute , lets say £10 per month, know that nearly all of that goes to it's intended use ( last year our expenses were negligible). If we proposed to change that so that only 50p in the £1 would go in accordance with our Members intentions we are not sure what our Members would think. See attached article

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...7eea_story__4/

We are looking at making changes as soon as we get this transitional exercise out of the way.

11 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I know that the HSL scheme (aka as a ponzi) is of no concern to lots of Jambos, and that's fair enough, but I like to keep tabs on how it is faring, or otherwise.

Here is a reply from their boss-man to a Lord Bunberry. 

Originally Posted by lord bunberry 
My money comes off every month, but to be honest I’ve lost interest in the whole enterprise. It’s been badly promoted and badly run since the very beginning. It was a good idea that has failed to capture the imagination of the fans. Hearts version has been hugely popular due to the fact that they needed to save their club. Aberdeen didn’t have that pressing issue, but they’ve managed to make their scheme hugely popular. We’ve had amateur videos from one of the proclaimers and prize draws to win tickets to European games. I’ll keep up my donations but I really think there needs to be a new scheme launched that is more professional and something that matches the ones our rivals are running.

Lord Burnberry

Thank you for your comments and we do of course respect your opinion.

We do look at our rival schemes to see if we can learn things to help us improve but they both pose dilemmas for us :

Hearts - their scheme was borne out of crisis and for their fans literally do or die. The other point to make is that their scheme supports majority fan ownership. We have no sense that Hibs fans have any appetite for this and indeed the recent transaction removes that possibility. Indeed we have had a couple of new Members join us as a result of this.

Aberdeen - while this on the face of looks like a good scheme we think if we adopted this approach we would lose Members. At the moment our Members who contribute , lets say £10 per month, know that nearly all of that goes to it's intended use ( last year our expenses were negligible). If we proposed to change that so that only 50p in the £1 would go in accordance with our Members intentions we are not sure what our Members would think. See attached article

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/...7eea_story__4/

We are looking at making changes as soon as we get this transitional exercise out of the way.

We've had new members join because we can’t own the club? 

Coburg Hearts
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

We've had new members join because we can’t own the club? 

That logic confused me as well. 

2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

That, and something in their DNA.

Their brothers?

Edit: sorry need to be inclusive in today's society so any relative with traditional male sexual organs. Be it they identify as male , tree or orange

Edited by sadj