Oh to be a Hibs fan

mscjambo

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Doug?

Why do you type ‘doon’ when you have been away from Edinburgh for so long?

Because it's an absolutely great word and makes me nostalgic for the greatest city in the world.  Must say though, I've heard from many sources Prague would run it close.

I've never been doon there though.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Because it's an absolutely great word and makes me nostalgic for the greatest city in the world.  Must say though, I've heard from many sources Prague would run it close.

It’s  not a ‘great word’ though, Doug.

It’s not even actually a word.

:wink: 

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Technically it is if you are having a dip in the River Doon, doon in Ayrshire.

All for Scots slang. Nothing wrong with it. Scots English is perfectly acceptable imo. 👍

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

You're right there Morgan.  It's a tremendous word.

Sorry for the understatement.

Inch Hearts
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Surprised you got that date spot on..

How come? 

What date spot on?  The one that was in the post I quoted? Hibs sold McGinn after the start of the season which is clearly after end of June. 

Inch Hearts
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Are you from Edinburgh Doug and if so why did you leave? You’re clearly a nostalgic kind of guy. 

4 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Are you from Edinburgh Doug and if so why did you leave? You’re clearly a nostalgic kind of guy. 

Yes.  Born in the Southside in 1948.  First game at tynie in 1953.  Moved to a London later, met a kiwi and moved here in 1974.

Passionate jambo since that 1st game.  Love my visits back to the city with Tynecastle being the highlight.

Just read that there's a do on at the Usher Hall in September to celebrate Stanton's 75th birthday.  That seems a bit strange to me given the size of the venue.  Great Hibs player, no question of that,  but the cheapest ticket is £38.

Sales are slow apparently and cancellation of the event would be a major embarrassment.

Surely this should have been on a much smaller scale.

Not losing any sleep over it but looks like someone has got this drastically wrong.

Wasn't the one for Jim Cruikshank free entry?  And packed to the door.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Just read that there's a do on at the Usher Hall in September to celebrate Stanton's 75th birthday.  That seems a bit strange to me given the size of the venue.  Great Hibs player, no question of that,  but the cheapest ticket is £38.

Sales are slow apparently and cancellation of the event would be a major embarrassment.

Not losing any sleep over it but looks like someone has got this drastically wrong.

Odeon 1975 it was a good night 

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I’ll be outside with a stall selling tena men! 

48 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I’ll be outside with a stall selling tena men! 

I hear Wet Wet Wet are the tribute act!

Surprised there's not a few posters on here interested in attending. Pant Wetters assemble!

14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Technically it is if you are having a dip in the River Doon, doon in Ayrshire.

Fair enough!  :lol: 

13 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

You're right there Morgan.  It's a tremendous word.

Sorry for the understatement.

:rofl: 

I was just in an awkward mood last night, Doug. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Tickets were £2.00, Doug.

20 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Tickets were £2.00, Doug.

Roughly would be £8 at today's prices. 

Still a cheap night out compared to £38.

Just now, corryjambo said:

Roughly would be £8 at today's prices. 

Still a cheap night out compared to £38.

:thumbsup:

9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Yes.  Born in the Southside in 1948.  First game at tynie in 1953.  Moved to a London later, met a kiwi and moved here in 1974.

Passionate jambo since that 1st game.  Love my visits back to the city with Tynecastle being the highlight.

To quote Neil Diamond: " ... except for the names, and a few other changes, if you talk about me, the story's the same one, but nowadays I'm lost between two shores ..."

Sorry if already posted, but Peruvian Ron appears to have arranged another borrowing facility.

4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Sorry if already posted, but Peruvian Ron appears to have arranged another borrowing facility.

Nothing to see here....sweep sweep. STF would never sell to anyone he didn’t trust blah blah. 

Wee Ron actually can’t believe his luck all this land and a guaranteed return once he rinses the the poor wee hobos.

Edited by Rudy T

queensferryjambo
4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Isn't this good news for Hibs that another one of their debts has been paid?

I don't know much about these things but this suggests that Hibs haven't arranged another borrowing facility it just allows them to borrow if they ever needed to and it says they don't need a loan just now.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Bet he’s actually based in Norfolk as opposed to Peru.

One thing I'll be interested is in how long he actually spends in the country. Are there restrictions for tax purposes? If so we could see him appoint one of his own people to oversee things (Is there a Rodney Gordon?)

22 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I don't know much about these things but this suggests that Hibs haven't arranged another borrowing facility it just allows them to borrow if they ever needed to and it says they don't need a loan just now.

It means if they don’t live within their means he can loan them cash (not donate as they’d have you believe) if they can’t pay him back he can flog the farm and their shit pit ground and there’s not a thing they can do about it, he’s made sure of that by making sure HSL is now dead! He’s told them to pony up and he’s given zero extra income to their manager to squander on more English amateur league players. Ronnie has them by the baws!

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

34358BA4-559E-4499-86A2-0E055C6C7ED2.jpeg

As I recall there was a group and a comedian but the great Bob Crampsey was the highlight with a speech around Old Firm bias. As you say a really good night for my first hero who Hearts treated really badly. I remember him serving me in Scott's and he was quite bitter about it. 

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

One thing I'll be interested is in how long he actually spends in the country. Are there restrictions for tax purposes? If so we could see him appoint one of his own people to oversee things (Is there a Rodney Gordon?)

I think he’s got a lieutenant in a floating office in the Baltic Sea.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

We were told they were debt free 4 weeks ago.

What other lies/debts are there lurking around?

12 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Bet he’s actually based in Norfolk as opposed to Peru.

Bet he only pretends he likes hibs, & posts big loonnng letters to the fan base😏

Just now, jamboozy said:

Bet he only pretends he likes hibs, & posts big loonnng letters to the fan base😏

I’ve heard he’s compiled a lengthy and thorough psychological dossier on every supporter.

On 18/07/2019 at 08:18, Turkishcap said:

Odeon 1975 it was a good night 

Sure was, the atmosphere was brilliant

Evening News are covering the fan scheme today

Article by Charlie Reid (Proclaimers) not saying much and piece "raising concerns" with some issues and mostly interview with Jim Adie chairman of HSL who does say the fans had the chance to get a figure to get someone on board.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/sport-opinion/charlie-reid-hibs-fans-must-work-together-to-reach-hsl-goal-1-4967549

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-takeover-raises-concerns-over-fans-stake-in-club-1-4967552

Edited by Mikey1874

21 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Evening News are covering the fan scheme today

Article by Charlie Reid (Proclaimers) not saying much and piece "raising concerns" with some issues and mostly interview with Jim Adie chairman of HSL who does say the fans had the chance to get a figure to get someone on board.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/sport-opinion/charlie-reid-hibs-fans-must-work-together-to-reach-hsl-goal-1-4967549

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-takeover-raises-concerns-over-fans-stake-in-club-1-4967552

Start at 01:20:

*snigger*

So... old Charlie put in a pretty difficult position there. He was their poster boy for HSL and was behind the rallying calls. Now he’s got to try and make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear and pretend he’s happy about the scheme’s abject failure to achieve their objective of meaningful fan-ownership. 

I particularly like how he’s started to nervously eye that 12% shareholding that nobody knows who owns:

”I see no reason why our fellow shareholders will not want to join the collective that is HSL. We need to remind everyone that 33% only adds up if everyone votes. If we the supporters really want to have a 25.1% stake in our club, that will be exercised, it is for us to organise ourselves accordingly.”

Sounds like rebellion talk to me. I seriously hope that those dodgy shell companies that own the 12% he has his beady eyes on are owned by someone who doesn’t give a Dick about the fans. 😄

Come on Hibbies, time to 🐴⬆️

better_call_saul
16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

So... old Charlie put in a pretty difficult position there. He was their poster boy for HSL and was behind the rallying calls. Now he’s got to try and make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear and pretend he’s happy about the scheme’s abject failure to achieve their objective of meaningful fan-ownership. 

I particularly like how he’s started to nervously eye that 12% shareholding that nobody knows who owns:

”I see no reason why our fellow shareholders will not want to join the collective that is HSL. We need to remind everyone that 33% only adds up if everyone votes. If we the supporters really want to have a 25.1% stake in our club, that will be exercised, it is for us to organise ourselves accordingly.”

Sounds like rebellion talk to me. I seriously hope that those dodgy shell companies that own the 12% he has his beady eyes on are owned by someone who doesn’t give a Dick about the fans. 😄

Come on Hibbies, time to 🐴⬆️

Well that’s the point, isn’t it?

Any chance HSL have of being a credible aspect of the club is dependent on them achieving a 25.1% shareholding. This, in turn, would only be possible if HSL purchase enough shares from holders out with of RG. It's basically a call (plead) to arms asking for all 'supporters' to fall under the same banner.

If Ron would have been happy with an HSL board member, it would have been announced at their very first press conference in order to keep everyone on board. A lot of this animosity would have been easily quelled IMO.

I’m not overly savvy in some aspects of how the share purchases can take place. Can HSL make an offer to the other shareholders? If so, can Ron then make a counter offer in an attempt to outbid them?

Farmer was selling HSL shares at very much discounted prices (4p a share), would these, as yet unknown, punters be willing to sell their shares at a fraction of the price?

Interesting times ahead indeed.

3 minutes ago, better_call_saul said:

Well that’s the point, isn’t it?

Any chance HSL have of being a credible aspect of the club is dependent on them achieving a 25.1% shareholding. This, in turn, would only be possible if HSL purchase enough shares from holders out with of RG. It's basically a call (plead) to arms asking for all 'supporters' to fall under the same banner.

If Ron would have been happy with an HSL board member, it would have been announced at their very first press conference in order to keep everyone on board. A lot of this animosity would have been easily quelled IMO.

I’m not overly savvy in some aspects of how the share purchases can take place. Can HSL make an offer to the other shareholders? If so, can Ron then make a counter offer in an attempt to outbid them?

Farmer was selling HSL shares at very much discounted prices (4p a share), would these, as yet unknown, punters be willing to sell their shares at a fraction of the price?

Interesting times ahead indeed.

Wonder who owns the 12%? 

6EC88D48-4F68-42B1-9670-168E22D7605E.jpeg

Footballfirst
46 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The 12.4% that the 18 x Nominee companies held has been diluted to 9.9%, just as HSL's holding was diluted from 18.8% to 15.4%.

They now need HSL plus all the Nominee companies to vote together to get to a blocking figure of 25.3%.

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, Footballfirst said:

The 12.4% that the Nominee companies held has been diluted to 9.9%, just as HSL's holding was diluted from 18.8% to 15.4%.

They now need HSL plus all the Nominee companies to vote together to get to 25.3%.

Never even considered that actually. That’s a wee bit too on the money for my liking actually. Makes me wonder if this was taken in to account from the start. Less hopeful that these nominees have nefarious motives when it’s such a nice neat coincidence like that. :(

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Never even considered that actually. That’s a wee bit too on the money for my liking actually. Makes me wonder if this was taken in to account from the start. Less hopeful that these nominees have nefarious motives when it’s such a nice neat coincidence like that. :(

The Nominee companies holdings:

image.png.e655cdee8dbb7202d8ec9b83b6bbe097.png

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The Nominee companies holdings:

image.png.e655cdee8dbb7202d8ec9b83b6bbe097.png

Surely that's just one person or company that owns all these?

Footballfirst
Just now, Lovecraft said:

I don't know about one person, but the share purchases were all too coordinated not to be linked in some way.

Seven Nominees purchased shares during 2015, with the remainder buying in the following year.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

I have always suspected so. Rod and Tom were always my suspicion. Although now I’m beginning to think that they way Ron’s takeover has diluted everyone else’s shareholding to exactly 25.1%, that this is all planned.

5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Names are similar grouping.

Tom Farmer or family? 

In any case doubt it changes much. HSL is insignificant. Talk of some voting grouping seems fanciful. And what would they be voting on versus 67% majority? 

1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I have always suspected so. Rod and Tom were always my suspicion. Although now I’m beginning to think that they way Ron’s takeover has diluted everyone else’s shareholding to exactly 25.1%, that this is all planned.

I suggested earlier in the thread that the timing of the takeover was to stop HSL gaining the 25%.

I wonder if Dempster has any shares?

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

I suggested earlier in the thread that the timing of the takeover was to stop HSL gaining the 25%.

I wonder if Dempster has any shares?

I hope that is the reason. The alternative of course, is that Ron wanted a controlling shareholding, but it was orchestrated in such a way that there was always going to be 25% of shares available for the fans to buy. I guess we will find out when HSL contact the nominees and propose a consortium/merger.

I'm still hoping the nominees have zero interest in working with HSL, and they tell them to go and get knotted. :)

John Findlay

Dempster had a foot in both camps. The ER board and the HSL board. You can't serve two masters. I believe HSL were blindsided and shafted bigtime.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Dempster had a foot in both camps. The ER board and the HSL board. You can't serve two masters. I believe HSL were blindsided and shafted bigtime.

But as their Chairman says in EEN they had 4 years to get the amount to get a seat on the board and they didn't. 

I don't think they can complain too much. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/leeann-dempster-outlines-hibs-share-deals-1-3694737

From 2015

Hibs’ move towards fan ownership at Easter Road – offering supporters the chance to buy up to 51 per cent of the shares in the Capital club – has provoked plenty of debate since it was unveiled almost two months ago.

Under the scheme, fans will ultimately own both the stadium and training centre at East Mains, with up to £2.5 million being raised, all of which will be poured into the football club to “help fund sporting ambition.”