Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I would save the gloating till the end off the season and see what the position is then.

For the past 2 seasons Hibs have finished above Hearts, they now have a larger home attendance than Hearts and were the last team to win an Edinburgh derby game.

Mate you openly a Hibs supporter on here Wolfie?

2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Pretty much bang on.

Without knowing the guy personally.

He is essentially removing financial risk for himself.

Which anyone else would do. 

His business history doesn’t suggest he’ll rip them off. 

26 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I would save the gloating till the end off the season and see what the position is then.

For the past 2 seasons Hibs have finished above Hearts, they now have a larger home attendance than Hearts and were the last team to win an Edinburgh derby game.

Obviously over here to get away from the fetid vile smell that emanates all the time from .net. Carried into here though with that nonsense. Must be awful to follow Hibs just now worrying about when the new owner is going to call in the debt and leave you high and dry.

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He has however made money, not just spent it. So far he has spent money on acquiring the shares and paying off their debt to Farmer. Do you think he is just going to write that money off, and not look to make a profit out of owning Hibs?

If he is looking to make a profit, then how does he go about it?

I’ve said on here a few times, that there is a finite number of ways that he can do that.

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We can but hope though.  Lol.

6 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Maybe he hasn't found the right "victims" yet.....until now??

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I agree, but that doesn't mean this project will be a success.  He has no previous running a Scottish football club.  They sold McGinn for a nice chunk of cash which makes their books look better than they are.  They need to keep selling players for £2-3 Million to keep that balanced.  I can't see any players at Hibs worth anywhere near that just now.

If it/he fails.  They could lose their training ground.

13 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Mate you openly a Hibs supporter on here Wolfie?

Must be, as it’s too unsubtle to be anything else.

Signs in as ‘Citizen’ over by.  :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I agree, but that doesn't mean this project will be a success.  He has no previous running a Scottish football club.  They sold McGinn for a nice chunk of cash which makes their books look better than they are.  They need to keep selling players for £2-3 Million to keep that balanced.  I can't see any players at Hibs worth anywhere near that just now.

If it/he fails.  They could lose their training ground.

Certainly that the view I have had from some of the Hibs folk I have spoken to.  They seem to think that he may well have been tempted by the sell on fee that Hibs might get for  McGinn.  In any case he is in a no lose situation with having all the assets tied up as security. 

Just now, Deevers said:

Certainly that the view I have had from some of the Hibs folk I have spoken to.  They seem to think that he may well have been tempted by the sell on fee that Hibs might get for  McGinn.  In any case he is in a no lose situation with having all the assets tied up as security. 

The John McGinn story is curious. 

It's gone quiet and the latest is the suggestion of a new contract at Aston Villa. 

Some skullduggery through the media? 

Hibernian FC  reported a pre-tax profit of £0.2 million for the year ended June 30th 2018.

That includes the £3M for McGinn.  Not sure how much St Mirren got.

Staff costs were £5.3m, up from £4.5m in the previous year.

This year, they have spent money without getting any fees.

200k for Mallan

180K for Kamberi

280K for Doidge

Payoff for Lennon.

No player sales and they had 8 or 9 players on loan.  You can't sell players you don't own.

At the end of the day everyone has an angle. If he was a died in the wool hibby you could argue he’s putting in £6M or whatever out of love for the club. He’s not, so the likelihood is that he wants to make money.

If I wanted to get a couple of percent return on my £6M I’d put it in a bank, if I wanted to make potentially 5-10% property, but there is also risk with property. 

However, if I wanted a guaranteed return of 8% I’d buy a hibs and ‘charge’ them £500K per year for use of the stadium, plus I’d have the added benefit of potential player sales and I’d own land in East Lothian. 

You have the fans/club by the short and curlies, you’re always going to get the rent on the ground.

46 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Really can't understand vermin having a log in, it's not like kickback kicks out guests every time we as much as concede a goal... 

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

And he has no affinity or affection for Hibs.  

That's where I would be concerned.

We were different with Ann, and Rangers too when you look at it.   

Chelsea are due Abramovich all his money back.  He isn't donating it to them.

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

And he has no affinity or affection for Hibs.  

That's where I would be concerned.

We were different with Ann, and Rangers too when you look at it.   

Chelsea are due Abramovich all his money back.  He isn't donating it to them.

He is a businessman. It’s profit before everything that they yearn for.  It may well be that he has seen their “academy” as a way to make a few bob and that my happen, who knows.  You can bet your bottom dollar though if it doesn't and he needs his money back quickly he’ll have absolutely  no conscience about how he gets it.

8 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Really can't understand vermin having a log in, it's not like kickback kicks out guests every time we as much as concede a goal... 

It really does highlight the lengths they go to.

I mean I despise Hibs but I've never even as much as looked at a news story regarding Hibs. 

I don't get it. 

Brave Hearts
1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Only thing I gloat about, and will continue to do so, is a Scottish Cup Final 1-5 victory against our local rivals !!

Let them Never forget.

Never let them Forget.

1 hour ago, Blacky87 said:

It really does highlight the lengths they go to.

I mean I despise Hibs but I've never even as much as looked at a news story regarding Hibs. 

I don't get it. 

That's fair enough. I do though. When they go through some tumultuous event, like making an arse of a relegation party or Cup sit in, or they throw away a 0-2 lead v Hamilton to relegate themselves to three seasons in the Bush Leagues, then I'm all over that like a tramp on chips. They are our local rivals after all, and I absolutely love reading their tearful misery stained posts when the shit hits the fan. :lol:

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That's fair enough. I do though. When they go through some tumultuous event, like making an arse of a relegation party or Cup sit in, or they throw away a 0-2 lead v Hamilton to relegate themselves to three seasons in the Bush Leagues, then I'm all over that like a tramp on chips. They are our local rivals after all, and I absolutely love reading their tearful misery stained posts when the shit hits the fan. :lol:

This , very rarely pay attention but if there is something that can bring a laugh then ill enjoy it

Edited by sadj

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

This , very rarely pay attention but if there is something that can bring a laugh then ill enjoy it

Quite right too, imo.

Almost forgot about the Lennon pay off fiasco. Hal a mil pished down the drain when they could've got some compo from Celtic. Nice one Leanne.  

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He has however made money, not just spent it. So far he has spent money on acquiring the shares and paying off their debt to Farmer. Do you think he is just going to write that money off, and not look to make a profit out of owning Hibs?

If he is looking to make a profit, then how does he go about it?

I’ve said on here a few times, that there is a finite number of ways that he can do that.

I’m not sure he’s doing this to simply make a profit. He certainly won’t want to make a loss. Could it be a vanity project? 

I think he might want to make the shite some sort of Hispanic hub in Scotland. 

He’s certainly dampened expectations early doors with his security over the assets. 

It’s obvious what he’s doing. He’s bought the club and the land. He’ll use the revenue (if any) to bolster the academy in the hope they produce some sellable youngsters, you can be sure whoever the manager is will be told to play the kids. What they make in transfer fees he’ll pocket, anything else the fans demand he’s already told them to pony up! If the club is running at a loss he’ll loan them the cash.... at that stage they’re in trouble..... 

13 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It’s obvious what he’s doing. He’s bought the club and the land. He’ll use the revenue (if any) to bolster the academy in the hope they produce some sellable youngsters, you can be sure whoever the manager is will be told to play the kids. What they make in transfer fees he’ll pocket, anything else the fans demand he’s already told them to pony up! If the club is running at a loss he’ll loan them the cash.... at that stage they’re in trouble..... 

Pretty much what I predict too.

🐴⬆️

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh don't mistake me. I love gloating in their misery, I just don't find myself login into their forums to find it. 

However, I do reckon they're far worse than we wil ever be! 

5 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Hibernian FC  reported a pre-tax profit of £0.2 million for the year ended June 30th 2018.

200k for Mallan

180K for Kamberi

280K for Doidge

Payoff for Lennon.

No player sales and they had 8 or 9 players on loan.  You can't sell players you don't own.

McGinn's transfer was not in the accounts.

Arbroath ramping up the pressure right now.  They won't be happy with Hecky if they finish 2nd or worse in their group.

Lockdoon No 3 for the season looming and it's only July.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Arbroath ramping up the pressure right now.  They won't be happy with Hecky if they finish 2nd or worse in their group.

Apparently the lockdowns are due to them having shit servers that crash when Jambos click on to gloat. Shitty website.

Inch Hearts
5 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

200k for Mallan

180K for Kamberi

280K for Doidge

Payoff for Lennon.

How could that include selling MCGinn when Hibs sold him after June 30th 2018?

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Sounds about right!  Even gambling spending money to eventually sell on as seems to be happening now.  

8 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Sorry.  You are correct.  That won't show until this year.

Should make their accounts look much better then.

NaturalOrder74

Laughable hibs have their best season ticket sales in decades when Lennon is in charge now he’s away they’re calling back down into place. Tinpot Celtic feeder club 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

First managerial sacking. 

Will be if Arbroath get anything at Easter road next week!!

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

A new owner of Hibs, is arguably the biggest Scottish Football story of season 19/20 so far. Tom Farmer had been in control for so long.

It has been quite quiet so far. 

It is really weird how little coverage the press have given it, especially as it's pretty much still close season and they've nothing much else to write about. Two big stories - Hibs takeover and an end to any chance of fan ownership at Hibs - not being covered at all.

Edited by ToqueJambo

8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It is really weird how little coverage the press have given it, especially as it's pretty much still close season and they've nothing much else to write about. Two big stories - Hibs takeover and an end to any chance of fan ownership at Hibs - not being covered at all.

How little has anything non Old Firm  covered in any depth or followed up. 

Lots of ownership changes in Scotland. Motherwell being fan owned is never discussed for example. And similar to Hibs other fan ownership schemes eg St Mirren have been dropped. 

2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Surprised you got that date spot on..

How come? 

7 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

At the end of the day everyone has an angle. If he was a died in the wool hibby you could argue he’s putting in £6M or whatever out of love for the club. He’s not, so the likelihood is that he wants to make money.

If I wanted to get a couple of percent return on my £6M I’d put it in a bank, if I wanted to make potentially 5-10% property, but there is also risk with property. 

However, if I wanted a guaranteed return of 8% I’d buy a hibs and ‘charge’ them £500K per year for use of the stadium, plus I’d have the added benefit of potential player sales and I’d own land in East Lothian. 

You have the fans/club by the short and curlies, you’re always going to get the rent on the ground.

So does the Yank now own the stadium and the farm in tranent? 

Just now, kimosavi said:

So does the Yank now own the stadium and the farm in tranent? 

I’d say pretty much..

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Doug?

Why do you type ‘doon’ when you have been away from Edinburgh for so long?

50 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd be worried that he's come in and stated the budget is the same 

Basically an American American Petrie who'll want a return on the 6 million he's put in

Hibs fans seem to think thats a wee gift 

Fecking no chance 

queensferryjambo
45 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Have Hibs made any statement to their fans who bought into the club in the expectation of trying to gain fan ownership?

Am I correct in saying Hibs tried to get the fans to buy the majority of the club shares? Then when it didn't work out just sold them to the first guy with enough cash who walked through the door?

You would think that the new owner might have the decency to buy the shares back off the fans who have effectively wasted their cash.