• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• Rudy T

• Coburg Hearts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Love this guy already. Success on the pitch is about item 51 on his wish list... somewhere beside the fragrance of polish used in his office, and the type of teabags in the cafeteria.

:jjyay:

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I’m thinking the Peruvian doesn’t particularly give a feck about ‘football operations’.

:glorious:

Surely not? He was going to make them a force! 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Surely not? He was going to make them a farce. 

Ftfy

57 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Doesn't it start to all go a bit wrong with Heckingbottom in previous roles after he starts to bring in his own players ?

They spoke about us not winning a game since the Cup Semi in the same time I believe the only win hibs had was the derby one. But everything there is amazing. Heckingbottom doesn't imo have a great record after his first summer. But I could be biased 😉

WheatfieldWarrior
38 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Surely not? He was going to make them a farce! 

FTFY

25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That team they have put out had Heckinbottom Six written all over it.

All his new signings played as well.

2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

This season Hibs are sponsored by the 'Hibernian Community Foundation', and the advertising on the their Twitter banner says 'our club, our colours, our community'. 

The 'our club' bit is poignant. 

Poignant!! Superb use of language.

Brilliant post.

Just a bit confused by all the talk.

I know their training facility was a bit limited. But I thought they already had a top notch football academy. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Sign a lot of lower league players and you end up with a lower league team. It worked perfectly for Jim Duffy at Hibs!

Wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out Heckingbottom has completely underestimated football up here. Wouldn’t be the first person to come up here and do that. The average English football person’s knowledge of Scottish football is virtually zero.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sign a lot of lower league players and you end up with a lower league team. It worked perfectly for Jim Duffy at Hibs!

Wouldn’t be surprised if it turns out Heckingbottom has completely underestimated football up here. Wouldn’t be the first person to come up here and do that. The average English football person’s knowledge of Scottish football is virtually zero.

I think that could be true. Championship player's don't always take to our League. 

been here before
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

And then theres the ones who have come up and won league champioships, silverwear a plenty. Who know Scottish football inside out. Managed in the Premier League, won promotion from the first division, guided teams to cup finals and have even been assistent manager for the national team.

Then they go to Hibs.

Terry-Butcher.png.jpg.878f5c9d0d0fbf3b581f04180e90bd16.jpg

5 minutes ago, been here before said:

And then theres the ones who have come up and won league champioships, silverwear a plenty. Who know Scottish football inside out. Managed in the Premier League, won promotion from the first division, guided teams to cup finals and have even been assistent manager for the national team.

Then they go to Hibs.

Terry-Butcher.png.jpg.878f5c9d0d0fbf3b581f04180e90bd16.jpg

Legend

Does anyone else laugh out loud whenever they read the words:

“We are all Hibs”

Basically translates as:

”We are all shit”

😄

7 hours ago, jackal said:

Would be interesting to see how many times this site goes down in comparison. They cant all be rushing to .net to vent and close it because it never closes when they win.

7 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

You almost certainly wouldn’t know if this place was locked down because you have an account👍

Formerly, when JKB had in excess of about 2,000 concurrent users, we used to block guests otherwise our server would crash due to overload.

That situation has been fixed.  Several months ago we installed significantly higher server capacity and reconfigured our hardware, so JKB can now handle a much higher load.   Partial shutdowns are a thing of the past for JKB.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Ron Gordon has now taken out a standard security over East Mains. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005323/charges/RArm4dF-53UNsSV2eRTw18Dnad8

image.jpeg.4e9026dc83d163d9d88cc90cc0d6854c.jpeg

I suspect that any "investment" that he is putting in short term will therefore be at East Mains and secured on the land there.

This isn't going to end well for them.

10 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

This isn't going to end well for them.

Exactly. The more savvy Hibs folk I know are worried about the real scenarios with all of this. 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Ron Gordon has now taken out a standard security over East Mains. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005323/charges/RArm4dF-53UNsSV2eRTw18Dnad8

image.jpeg.4e9026dc83d163d9d88cc90cc0d6854c.jpeg

I suspect that any "investment" that he is putting in short term will therefore be at East Mains and secured on the land there.

I suspect the following. Can you tell me if this is likely or not.

Gordon wants to make money through player trading.

He is only interested in the academy and selling players for profit, and taking a percentage for himself.

He needs to get their training facility and academy up to scratch to do this. So he is going to put money in, and the Hibs fans are going to have to pay him that money back through DDs/HSL.

If the payments don’t come, then he keeps East Mains and separates it from the club as a separate entity.

cheers.

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Exactly. The more savvy Hibs folk I know are worried about the real scenarios with all of this. 

He just secured a nice chunk of land in the prime new house area of East Lothian.

All he needs to do now is run up some debt with the football club.

26 Hectares just outside Edinburgh.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

He is only interested in the academy and selling players for profit, and taking a percentage for himself.

He needs to get their training facility and academy up to scratch to do this. So he is going to put money in, and the Hibs fans are going to have to pay him that money back through DDs/HSL.

If the payments don’t come, then he keeps East Mains and separates it from the club as a separate entity.

cheers.

Pretty much bang on.

Without knowing the guy personally.

He is essentially removing financial risk for himself.

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

cheers.

All eventualities remain open. If I was a Hibs fan I'd treat every new initiative with a modicum of caution until ideas and plans are actually implemented. 

eyesandears

If he is taking security over East Mains then it suggests that he is only offering loans to Hibernian which are protected against the value of East Mains. 

You do not need to take security over something you already own. It suggests East Mains may be split off into a separate company or will be treated as a different 'vehicle' from the club.

11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

All eventualities remain open. If I was a Hibs fan I'd treat every new initiative with a modicum of caution until ideas and plans are actually implemented. 

7 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

If he is taking security over East Mains then it suggests that he is only offering loans to Hibernian which are protected against the value of East Mains. 

You do not need to take security over something you already own. It suggests East Mains may be split off into a separate company or will be treated as a different 'vehicle' from the club.

He met with the Hibs Supporters Clubs Association St Patrick’s Branch, and he told them that HSL’s share buying scheme is “dead and buried”, and that the fans would need to “pony up” to pay for the renovation of East Mains, at an estimated cost of £3-4m. He has taken out security against this facility.

I think when you take all of those things in to consideration, it only really leaves one possible course of action. 🤷🏻‍♂️

He he wants to make money from player trading. He wants to change the purpose of HSL’s DDs to paying him back for upgrading East Mains, and he is taking out security to ensure this happens. 

Of course, he will also be taking a salary as he goes, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the the £3-4m loan to upgrade EM will have interest attached.

We're "jist jealous, ken". 

A believer in Craig Levein, or not, there's surely not one of us who'd swap their situ for ours. 

If it does go boobs north I'll be in the front row enjoying every moment. 

With f&£@ing relish. 

32. Posted byHot Shot Hamish

on16 Jul 2019 05:25

29 & 28.

What would you define as a big club. 

Hibernian, created in 1875. First British team to play in Europe. 13,000.00 season tickets sold in a city that has a population of 250k in a country with a population of 5m. 

Per Capita Hibernian attract more fans than some of the largest clubs in the world and that is without the marquee signings, the over the top Sky advertising etc.

7 minutes ago, jambokev said:

32. Posted byHot Shot Hamish

on16 Jul 2019 05:25

29 & 28.

What would you define as a big club. 

Hibernian, created in 1875. First British team to play in Europe. 13,000.00 season tickets sold in a city that has a population of 250k in a country with a population of 5m. 

Per Capita Hibernian attract more fans than some of the largest clubs in the world and that is without the marquee signings, the over the top Sky advertising etc.

Edinburgh has a population of about 500K for a start.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Exactly......Hamish is no hotshot !

I would save the gloating till the end off the season and see what the position is then.

For the past 2 seasons Hibs have finished above Hearts, they now have a larger home attendance than Hearts and were the last team to win an Edinburgh derby game.

Hibs have played Hearts 171 times at Easter Road.

Hibs have won 58 of those home games at Easter Road.

Heart have won 64 of those "home" games at Easter Road.

Yes.  At Easter Road.  Hibs own ground.  Yes, we have beaten them more times at their own ground than they have beaten us.

No, really.  Their own ground.

Honest.

8 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

And Hibernian weren’t formed until around 1891. He’s getting mixed up with Hibernians. 

They also nicked a Scottish Cup from the 1875 side. 

Edited by Rudolf

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

I would save the gloating till the end off the season and see what the position is then.

For the past 2 seasons Hibs have finished above Hearts, they now have a larger home attendance than Hearts and were the last team to win an Edinburgh derby game.

**** them today tomorrow and every ******* day. I’ll gloat until they beat us 6-1 in a cup final. I’ll gloat until the go 23 in a row unbeaten against us. I’ll gloat despite their pretend attendances and I’ll gloat because they will ALWAYS be in our shadow the *****! and they know it 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I've been gloating since May 2012. :rofl:

tolcross lad
10 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3891112/hibs-easter-road-x-factor-fans-bill-leckie/

Says it all really

8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

**** them today tomorrow and every ******* day. I’ll gloat until they beat us 6-1 in a cup final. I’ll gloat until the go 23 in a row unbeaten against us. I’ll gloat despite their pretend attendances and I’ll gloat because they will ALWAYS be in our shadow the *****! and they know it 

I’m on equal gloating levels as yourself!

:fth: 

Haringshairband
12 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

This post reeks. They are also a bunch of sister fisting, spoon burners. 

14 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Hibs have played Hearts 171 times at Easter Road.

Hibs have won 58 of those home games at Easter Road.

Heart have won 64 of those "home" games at Easter Road.

Yes.  At Easter Road.  Hibs own ground.  Yes, we have beaten them more times at their own ground than they have beaten us.

No, really.  Their own ground.

Honest.

45268852-03B4-4959-8FD2-9BFBC83FFA27.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

That was subtle.

20 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

1wgbf6.jpg