Conor Washington signs for Hearts ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Herbert said:

George Boyd.

I always thought he was good in football manager 

Is he still playing? Always thought he was extremely under-rated

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Beast Boy

• Absolute Scenes

Just now, Gav M said:

Is he still playing? Always thought he was extremely under-rated

Yup he's at Sheffield Wednesday according to wiki. Still gets a game by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Yup he's at Sheffield Wednesday according to wiki. Still gets a game by the looks of it.

**** it, sign him up, 3 yr deal with the 3rd being a coaching gig ?

3 minutes ago, Gav M said:

**** it, sign him up, 3 yr deal with the 3rd being a coaching gig ?

Hes only 34/35 he's still to reach his peak. We've signed loads from Sheffield in the past aswell

Just now, Herbert said:

Hes only 34/35 he's still to reach his peak. We've signed loads from Sheffield in the past aswell

Sounds like a perfect fit. Really liked him as a player, he could be this season's Hughes

8 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Just looked him up on wiki and he's 33, will be 34 in October.  By a strange coincidence, he was born in Chatham, Kent, same as Conor Washington!!

Byyy The Light
35 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This would be enough for me. Just 1 quality box to  box creative midfielder

Not many of those around. There’s a reason they cost a few quid!

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

This would be enough for me. Just 1 quality box to  box creative midfielder

Yeah i think we all would like a Cameron or Hartley they just arent around on the cheap. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Looks like a long ball game for next season then.

If it anything it means the opposite. From what I have seen on Washington he is far from a target man. Can't wait to see him in maroon, clever striker, delighted with this news 

jamtartan74

Yaaaaaassss just seen this news, delighted he has signed ? think he could turn out to be a great signing for us. 

And in other news I have become a father for the 1st time today ? great day to be alive ❤️

18 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Yaaaaaassss just seen this news, delighted he has signed ? think he could turn out to be a great signing for us. 

And in other news I have become a father for the 1st time today ? great day to be alive ❤️

Congratulations!

18 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Congrats- being a father is the best job in the world ?? And if Conor bangs in a few goals this season, even better 

jamtartan74
Just now, Pagey said:

Congrats- being a father is the best job in the world ?? And if Conor bangs in a few goals this season, even better 

Absolutely buddy can’t wait for it all to begin ? and here’s hoping he does indeed bang them in this season or provides for the big man ??????

My half sister
33 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Congratulations, there are some things in life that surpass Football and becoming a father is one. Enjoy the day.

Mind and call him something appropriate 

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, My half sister said:

Congratulations, there are some things in life that surpass Football and becoming a father is one. Enjoy the day.

Mind and call him something appropriate 

Thanks very much and you are absolutely correct, although calling my daughter Rudi or Robbo didn’t quite sit well with Mrs Jamtartan ? 

Hectormasson
On 26/06/2019 at 00:15, i8hibsh said:

Can't say too much as never heard of the boy till this thread but his stats are poor. I would take Washington's granny over Wighton though. An absolutely diabolical footballer.

If Wighton was at the birds world cup right now he would be the waterboy.

Brilliant & funny ???????????????

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Congratulations to yourself and your mrs bud

4 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Congratulations JT and welcome  to world little one. Good health to all my friend. 

5 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Congratulations on your arrival mate. And all of a sudden another wee Jambo arrives YAAAS!!????

Archie White

Yet another underwhelming signing. A player released by his last 2 clubs as he did not contribute enough. After our recent track record I have no faith in any signing we make. Where is the creative midfielder we so desperately need...

heartandsoul
2 minutes ago, Archie White said:

Yet another underwhelming signing. A player released by his last 2 clubs as he did not contribute enough. After our recent track record I have no faith in any signing we make. Where is the creative midfielder we so desperately need...

He is a full internationalist....

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Congrat's, buddy. ☺

You're about to experience a love that you didn't know was even possible. ❤

Happy days. ?

14 minutes ago, Archie White said:

Always one........ however on JKB normally 100s

Leveins Battalion
12 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Surely anybody with half a brain (football wise) can see that Halkett,Washingon,Naismith and Walker are quality signings.?if we had signed the boys Hibs have kickback would of went into a meltdown of seethe.

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Surely anybody with half a brain (football wise) can see that Halkett,Washingon,Naismith and Walker are quality signings.?if we had signed the boys Hibs have kickback would of went into a meltdown of seethe.

My mate in work is a Wolves season ticket holder, has watched Conor a lot over years and says he's shocked we have ended up getting him.

Archie White
29 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Apologies to The Posting Police for voicing my opinion on a site where people voice their opinions.

HeartofIron
9 minutes ago, PB21 said:

My mate in work is a Wolves season ticket holder, has watched Conor a lot over years and says he's shocked we have ended up getting him.

Shocked because he is good? 

Good news,  I'm quietly confident he'll do well for us. 

joondalupjambo
12 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Shocked that he has gone to the back waters of Scottish football or shocked because he is good or bad?

Think it's a bit harsh to be judging Washington's game time last season when Sheff Utd were winning most weeks and had one of the best strikers in the Championship in Billy Sharp, along with McGoldrick.

Personally, pretty confident he's going to be our best striker in a long time. Certainly says the right things. 

Biggest worry is keeping him fit knowing our luck! ?

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Think it's a bit harsh to be judging Washington's game time last season when Sheff Utd were winning most weeks and had one of the best strikers in the Championship in Billy Sharp, along with McGoldrick.

Personally, pretty confident he's going to be our best striker in a long time. Certainly says the right things. 

Biggest worry is keeping him fit knowing our luck! ?

Its not harsh to judge his overall time in the championship as unsuccessful.

He has ability, but he has everything to prove at Hearts. 

Hopefully Austin McPhee can work the same magic with him as he did with bringing in Lafferty and getting him firing on all cylinders.

19 minutes ago, HeartofIron said:

Shocked because he is good? 

Good news,  I'm quietly confident he'll do well for us. 

15 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Shocked that he has gone to the back waters of Scottish football or shocked because he is good or bad?

Hes very good - i hope he hasn't tempted fate right enough, but hes a player given a run in the team who will be a real asset. Works flat out for every min of every game!

16 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Hes very good - i hope he hasn't tempted fate right enough, but hes a player given a run in the team who will be a real asset. Works flat out for every min of every game!

Who put the ball in the hibees net? Conor Washington.

It works.

Tommy Walker
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Congrat's, buddy. ☺

Happy days. ?

I'll second this...esp first child...life changing and in a great way...at least for me

Best

TW

sandylejambo
2 hours ago, PB21 said:

He is however right in that, 

we have all been saying we need a creative midfielder. Walker was our best player before he left, but he creates for himself, not others.

1 minute ago, sandylejambo said:

He is however right in that, 

we have all been saying we need a creative midfielder. Walker was our best player before he left, but he creates for himself, not others.

I was more referring to the fact he said Washington was an underwhelming signing who hadn't contributed much.  

jamtartan74
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Congratulations to yourself and your mrs bud

3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Congratulations JT and welcome  to world little one. Good health to all my friend. 

3 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Congratulations on your arrival mate. And all of a sudden another wee Jambo arrives YAAAS!!????

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Congrat's, buddy. ☺

Happy days. ?

Thank you very much for your kind words and wishes ? another little Jambo is with us ?????? No other feeling like it ❤️

jamtartan74
25 minutes ago, Tommy Walker said:

I'll second this...esp first child...life changing and in a great way...at least for me

Best

TW

Thanks Tommy ?? 

Unknown user
7 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Thanks very much and you are absolutely correct, although calling my daughter Rudi or Robbo didn’t quite sit well with Mrs Jamtartan ? 

Congrats mate

LeylandJambo
8 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Congratulations mate. It's the best thing that will ever happen to you. I became a grandad for the first time a fortnight ago and that's a very close second to being a Dad.

JamboBornNBred

Congratulations Bud

jamtartan74
19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Congrats mate

18 minutes ago, LeylandJambo said:

Congratulations mate. It's the best thing that will ever happen to you. I became a grandad for the first time a fortnight ago and that's a very close second to being a Dad.

And congratulations on becoming a grandad leyland ?? I’m a long way from that one yet ?

10 minutes ago, JamboBornNBred said:

Congratulations Bud

And thanks to all of you as well ?? 

Edited by jamtartan74

On 26/06/2019 at 08:35, NB GIN said:

Impressive what CL is doing it is up top where we need improvement 

But for me what needs to change is more positivity away from home and to stop changing system every week 

We are building a good squad and some good youngsters coming through think we may surprise a few this year 

2 hours ago, Archie White said:

Archie....the voice of reason over the years on JKB!! ? post more often Sir ?

Washington is a level above Hearts so it can only be good news. The lack of credit Craig and Austin receive for bringing players like him Berra and Naismith to the club is astounding....haters going to hte

Congrats dude!