Conor Washington signs for Hearts ( updated )

tartofmidlothian

59 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yea. I liked the sound of the Dutch winger Grot on loan mind you.

Think I've read a couple of his mags... 

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Beast Boy

• Absolute Scenes

I have a really good feeling about this lad, he has previous of scoring goals, is well known by mcphee, he's hard working and wants to prove himself, he's at a good age, and going by what I've seen if him for NI, he actually looks lime he suits our game. Been a while since I've felt this way about a signing, and that included naismith.

Cruyff Turn
19 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Nice to see Mulraney getting number 11.

Yep, deserves it, proper left winger deserves no.11

Happy with this 

A  striker worth 2.5 million 3 years ago, I'll  take that over shelling out 300k for an English 12th tier striker every day of the week 

Punks No Deid
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Can we rehash the Lafferty song and change the last two lines to...

”He hates Hibernian, he’s Conor Washington”?

Good call G9

BRAVEHEART1874

Sounds good Walker, Naismith and Washington interchanging into different positions supporting big Uche with Mulraney, Clare and Morrison /Mcdonald as back up :)

I particularly liked one Hibs supporters way of explaining this one away, from under his PHeckingbottom duvet. So despite their new guy costing them quarter of a million plus, they won’t be paying him very much. We on the other hand are paying Washington a massive signing on fee, and his wages will cost so much, we’ll end up paying more for him over the course of his time here. :lol:

Absolute Scenes

To the lafferty flute song

”Conner Washington 

Conner Washington 

He’s five foot ten 

And built like Big Ben

Conner Washington”

ill get my coat

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

He's from the Capitol... you're from a shite house...

Or he's from the White House, you're from a shite house!

Johnny Sandiego
1 hour ago, king.Robbo said:

Welcome Conor.. looking forward to you smashing the ball in the Hibees net...

FFS don’t have a holiday before starting pre season training..!! ?

Agreed, don't want him to be a Washington State ?

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Agreed, don't want him to be a Washington State ?

He sounds like a bit of a trooper though

Optimistic about this signing and Halkett. If we can get the other potentials over the line then I'll be happy  enough ?

Famous 1874

EEN reporting that Walker and Naisy are likely to be our only other signings this summer. Possibly one more depending on the Djoum situation. 

Pleased with the 2 lads who have come in, but have we actually addressed our problems of pace and goals?

Leveins Battalion
9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

EEN reporting that Walker and Naisy are likely to be our only other signings this summer. Possibly one more depending on the Djoum situation. 

Pleased with the 2 lads who have come in, but have we actually addressed our problems of pace and goals?

Levein has been pictured showing players around,I'm sure there will be more incomings and outgoings.

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The Evening Vermin also claimed that there were other clubs "battling" for Washington. Its churnalism is of the standard of Mr. You Heard It Here First above!

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, martoon said:

Very happy with this.

Halkett, Washington, Naismith, Walker and perhaps a 5th quality signing (6th if being greedy) would be outstanding business for Hearts. 

2019/20 could be good. 

Possibly Cletus as well & Grot

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The Evening Vermin also claimed that there were other clubs "battling" for Washington. Its churnalism is of the standard of Mr. You Heard It Here First above!

Ipswich wanted him. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Nice to see Mulraney getting number 11.

Agree. Was going to be my boo boy but rammed it right up me. Love to see that happen,  someone proving themselves 

i wish jj was my dad

Genuinely pleased that we have siigned a pacy striker who can play off the shoulder. his pedigree looks good so we might finally have some decent options up top

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Pace isn't a problem. Goals not sure we have. 

The line,  I haven't scored enough,  is not filling me with confidence. But he could find it easier 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Happy with this 

A  striker worth 2.5 million 3 years ago, I'll  take that over shelling out 300k for an English 12th tier striker every day of the week 

Out of interest, does anyone know which player we've signed who had previously commanded the biggest single transfer fee?

16 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Hope he's better than our last striker called Connor.

Time will tell

thought the same...

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Out of interest, does anyone know which player we've signed who had previously commanded the biggest single transfer fee?

Good point, don’t think there is, other than Naismith.

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Pinilla possibly?

scrap that, Naismith went for £7m

Edited by Ari Gold

26 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Or a creative midfielder 

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Good point, don’t think there is, other than Naismith.

Yeh he's the highest one I can think of after having a quick look.

5 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Pinilla possibly?

His highest transfer was 5m going by transfermrkt. He was the second highest I found. Edit: that was after Hearts, before was 2m as pointed out to be below.

Edited by Taffin
I posted the wrong transfer

Great signing. Chuffed to bits with this. Disappointed I didn’t get to greet him at the airport but then again I’d probably jinx it lol. At least he looks fitter than our last centre forward who signed and not exactly ‘bigging himself up’ on instagram like DV did. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Taffin said:

Yeh he's the highest one I can think of after having a quick look.

His highest transfer was 5m going by transfermrkt. He was the second highest I found.

Did you mean transfer fees before they signed for hearts? Pinilla was 4.5million after being at hearts, before he was about 2 million, so think it is Naismith 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Did you mean transfer fees before they signed for hearts? Pinilla was 4.5million after being at hearts, before he was about 2 million, so think it is Naismith 

Oops, I even noticed that when I checked ??

Yes I meant before Hearts.

Last year we signed ‘quantity’ but this year it looks like we’ve went for quality. Another two or three like this and I’m full of optimism for the season ahead. I’m sure   this will mean we’ll have more competition for places and everyone will need to raise their game. HHGH 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Taffin said:

Oops, I even noticed that when I checked ??

Yes I meant before Hearts.

Haha it’s all good!

even guys like Jankauskas and Fyssas were only around 1.5 million before hearts, but not sure what that would equal in today’s money 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Janny maybe fetch a fee before signing for us?

1-2 million only ?

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Haha it’s all good!

even guys like Jankauskas and Fyssas were only around 1.5 million before hearts, but not sure what that would equal in today’s money 

Yeh I was quite surprised by how low theirs were.

Apologies to everyone else for slightly derailing this thread. It was something I'd never thought about before.

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh I was quite surprised by how low theirs were.

Apologies to everyone else for slightly derailing this thread. It was something I'd never thought about before.

Yeah, but the market hadn't gone bat-shit crazy back then, just think what a champions league/Europa league winner on a European cup winner would be worth in today's market!

Edited by Gav M

56 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Conor has pace, and Jamie scores and assists a lot of goals (or did when with us previously).  I'd still like see us sign a midfielder in the mould of Cameron or Hartley.

3 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Conor has pace, and Jamie scores and assists a lot of goals (or did when with us previously).  I'd still like see us sign a midfielder in the mould of Cameron or Hartley.

This would be enough for me. Just 1 quality box to  box creative midfielder

AlphonseCapone
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Looks like a long ball game for next season then.

Does it? 

5 hours ago, Gav M said:

So the common denominator in our transfer dealings is the posh! Who else has been/is there that we can take?

George Boyd.

I always thought he was good in football manager