• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• It should have been ten

• Mr Elwood P

• Jammy T

20 minutes ago, Blacky87 said:

Cannae be him, no tall enough! 

Ugly American is correct. The ears are totally different at the upper helix and in the bottom third. 

For anyone not grasping this, as much as you may assume all ears look the same, they're actually very distinctive ( although within families are similar).

Swede's passport photos used to be a 3/4 oblique view to include left ear to aid identification.

Yours, 

someone who looks at lots of ears professionally ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, It should have been ten said:

Not all people who go to games are delighted. Time will tell.

I didn't say that though.  Did I? :)

11 minutes ago, stan said:

Ugly American is correct. The ears are totally different at the upper helix and in the bottom third. 

For anyone not grasping this, as much as you may assume all ears look the same, they're actually very distinctive ( although within families are similar).

Swede's passport photos used to be a 3/4 oblique view to include left ear to aid identification.

Yours, 

someone who looks at lots of ears professionally ?

I was quoting Braveheart ?

Just now, Blacky87 said:

I was quoting Braveheart ?

Apologies, I was just drawn to the big ear photies like a moth to the light ?

25 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Good stuff

Walker a boyhood Rangers fan eh?

Thanks mate.

And honestly- have no idea. Heard both that he was with us since day one and with them so just went with the latter haha

Randy Marsh
6 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Look for yourself. Walker denied it was him. Walker's father denied it was him. Folks on JKB have said they know the guy in the scarf, and yes he looks like Walker, but it isn't him.

Go and look up the pic that's supposedly Walker in the scarf. Look at his ears. Then look at any picture of Walker.

It isn't him.

He must have an identical twin brother then.

On 28/06/2019 at 17:42, farin said:

Welcome home ... 

95A0EDA7-2644-418E-B1FC-DB8D6412DAB9.thumb.jpeg.aab5eb6d8eb69955776e5b47ab0d6ffb.jpeg

That's a nice photo it wouldn't of been taken in 98 would it when we beat some team in Glasgow the only thing i can't understand nah i can't be is that young lad wearing a Hearts top nah surely no can't be ?

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I didn't say that though.  Did I? :)

Didn’t have to :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's a nice photo it wouldn't of been taken in 98 would it when we beat some team in Glasgow the only thing i can't understand nah i can't be is that young lad wearing a Hearts top nah surely no can't be ?

Check the lugs mate, it's him.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Check the lugs mate, it's him.

In the photo i quoted or are u talking about the one with the boy with the rangers scarf on? 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

In the photo i quoted or are u talking about the one with the boy with the rangers scarf on? 

The one with Jamie Walker in it. ;) 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

He must have an identical twin brother then.

It's an uncanny resemblance to be sure! But it's not him.

Shouldn't every one of us who purports (my word of the day) to be a Jambo just hope he has a fantastic season.

That's what I hope. 

Yassssssss.

Finally the ‘Rangers scarf’ photo ripped apart.

Nice. ??

Gorgie through and through is our Jamie ??????????????????

Bazzas right boot

Think everyone is correct tbh. 

Walker is a Hearts fan. 

He was good with us. 

He is injury prone. 

He (or/ and folk close to him) behaved questionably when rangers when linked. 

If we get our Walker, he'll improve us

He'll Add goals and creativity. 

If we get the injured walker wanting a move to rangers he'll be a waste. 

Time will tell, but for the moment - Welcome home Jamie! 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

No he never. This is untrue, and the main reason I didn’t want him back. At one point he was the only creative player in the team, and we were going in to derbies relying on him to make a difference. He ended up a passenger and shat it too often from huddies like Bartley.

Tbh, if a team only has one creative outlet it should be easy to counter. 

Bit harsh basing his performance for Hearts on a few games v hibs when the team was utter shite away from home. 

I think in the Cathro season we beat two teams away from home all season. 

I remember him scoring a belter v them at 0-1 when we were playing shite. 

You're usually quite a balanced poster, but imo with Walker you're blinded by the rangers stuff. 

(coming from me, and you know how much I care for rangers?

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Doppelgänger?

757EA239-C168-4239-A65A-5B0793581C68.png

CF52D93F-5E4D-40DB-B06E-6AD089C947FF.png

Tbh, the gomless junkie look is common in Glasgow (sorry Jamie) 

Bazzas right boot

If Naismith can stay fit (and signs...), Clare can deliver on his potential, Walker stays fit, Uche stays fit, Washington plays to his potential, Mulerany continues to delivery... 

Not too mention guys like Cochrane, Irving, Morrison, Kenna and even Lee adding in the odd belter. 

The difference to last year's side going forward 

Drooling+doesnt+mean+its+in+pain+or+have+problems+if+_792d30732edfaef8dc9d5314f1e96ad2.jpg

13 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You're usually quite a balanced poster, but imo with Walker you're blinded by the rangers stuff. 

(coming from me, and you know how much I care for rangers?

With all due respect, you can **** off with that shit, mate. ? 

My opinion of Walker as a player is based on his ineffectual performances in a Hearts shirt. The Rangers shite only exacerbated things. He shat it in too many derbies during their mini-run against us.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

With all due respect, you can **** off with that shit, mate. ? 

My opinion of Walker as a player is based on his ineffectual performances in a Hearts shirt. The Rangers shite only exacerbated things. He shat it in too many derbies during their mini-run against us.

Well, you're not coming across like that imo. 

I don't think you blame Walker above others for a few poor Derby performances, the team in general had a few very poor shows, the less said about it the better tbh. Grezialk, Randal in midfield amongst others still makes me shudder. 

I also don't think you'd normally judge a players whole time with us on a few games.

Anyway, I'll **** off. 

Hopefully we get the Good Jamie walker back and not the one you remember well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Didn’t have to :rolleyes:

Plenty like him 

:pleasing:

21 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Well, you're not coming across like that imo. 

I don't think you blame Walker above others for a few poor Derby performances, the team in general had a few very poor shows, the less said about it the better tbh. Grezialk, Randal in midfield amongst others still makes me shudder. 

I also don't think you'd normally judge a players whole time with us on a few games.

Anyway, I'll **** off. 

Hopefully we get the Good Jamie walker back and not the one you remember well. 

You’re doing it again. I am perfectly capable of judging a football player on what I see with my own eyes. I have given my reasons, and they are my honest opinions. I don’t need someone to translate them in to something else, because they do not agree.

I sat there at derbies (and other games, but it’s the derbies that really annoyed me), and watched him do nothing. We were getting treated the way we have historically treated them for a while, and Walker was supposed to be the guy who’d ‘unlock their defence’. Watched him bottle it in too many games to suddenly expect him to come back and be a revelation.

The Rangers shite obviously doesn’t help. How can that sort of shite do anything other than exacerbate Ill-feeling, when you are already not overly enamoured with a player’s effort and performances? 

The crux of the matter is though, he went out on to the pitch and shat it against Hibs. I sat there watching it happen, and that angered me. I have a perfectly clear and lucid memory of what I watched, and how it made me feel. I don’t need someone trying to convince me that they know my feelings or thoughts better than I do.

Your last paragraph I agree with. Now that he’s signed, he deserves a chance to prove himself again.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

heartandsoul
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Shouldn't every one of us who purports (my word of the day) to be a Jambo just hope he has a fantastic season.

That's what I hope. 

Great post Doug

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's what I hope. 

I am pretty sure everyone does hope that.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
15 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You’re doing it again. I am perfectly capable of judging a football player on what I see with my own eyes. I have given my reasons, and they are my honest opinions. I don’t need someone to translate them in to something else, because they do not agree.

I sat there at derbies (and other games, but it’s the derbies that really annoyed me), and watched him do nothing. We were getting treated the way we have historically treated them for a while, and Walker was supposed to be the guy who’d ‘unlock their defence’. Watched him bottle it in too many games to suddenly expect him to come back and be a revelation.

The Rangers shite obviously doesn’t help. How can that sort of shite do anything other than exacerbate Ill-feeling, when you are already not overly enamoured with a player’s effort and performances? 

The crux of the matter is though, he went out on to the pitch and shat it against Hibs. I sat there watching it happen, and that angered me. I have a perfectly clear and lucid memory of what I watched, and how it made me feel. I don’t need someone trying to convince me that they know my feelings or thoughts better than I do.

Your last paragraph I agree with. Now that he’s signed, he deserves a chance to prove himself again.

absolutely bang on about the derbies - djoum particularly guilty as well - dire times

part of the reason McGinns arse is so big is due to carrying around the hearts midfield in his back pocket for a year or two only removing it to pass over to Bartley

fortunately once levein back in the dug-out he managed to get limited tryers like ross Callahan to redress the balance

that said walker has done it in derbies before in particular did well as a sub in the ozturk game

lack of fitness/mobility the bigger concern - if that's solved I think he'll do good

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

absolutely bang on about the derbies - djoum particularly guilty as well - dire times

part of the reason McGinns arse is so big is due to carrying around the hearts midfield in his back pocket for a year or two only removing it to pass over to Bartley

fortunately once levein back in the dug-out he managed to get limited tryers like ross Callahan to redress the balance

that said walker has done it in derbies before in particular did well as a sub in the ozturk game

lack of fitness/mobility the bigger concern - if that's solved I think he'll do good

Probably agree with a lot of this tbh, especially the Callachan bit. Might not have been a superstar, but they guy tried and it meant something to him. Clearly he wasn’t good enough going forward, but at least you couldn’t fault him for effort. Stick Jamie’s footballing ability in Callachan, and you’ve got a real player on your hands.

This is the reason I’d have Milinkovic back over Walker every day of the week too. Both skilful players, but one shit the bed over huddies like Bartley, whilst the other feared nobody. Milinkovic defended from the front, pressured defenders when he didn’t have the ball, made tackles in the opposition half and centre mid, then drove forward with the ball to set up attacks. Jamie Walker stands around with a worried look on his coupon and waits for a ball that never comes.

If Walker has addressed this, then superb, I agree. We have a player on our hands. If he hasn’t, then what’s the point? 

Randy Marsh
11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Probably agree with a lot of this tbh, especially the Callachan bit. Might not have been a superstar, but they guy tried and it meant something to him. Clearly he wasn’t good enough going forward, but at least you couldn’t fault him for effort. Stick Jamie’s footballing ability in Callachan, and you’ve got a real player on your hands.

This is the reason I’d have Milinkovic back over Walker every day of the week too. Both skilful players, but one shit the bed over huddies like Bartley, whilst the other feared nobody. Milinkovic defended from the front, pressured defenders when he didn’t have the ball, made tackles in the opposition half and centre mid, then drove forward with the ball to set up attacks. Jamie Walker stands around with a worried look on his coupon and waits for a ball that never comes.

If Walker has addressed this, then superb, I agree. We have a player on our hands. If he hasn’t, then what’s the point? 

Good post.  Would much rather have Milinkovic back instead of Walker. 

pettigrewsstylist

Jamies here now guys. Plenty relevance in all said but perhaps we need a wee truce for the close season and let JW show it or otherwise come Aug-Oct.

45 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Jamies here now guys. Plenty relevance in all said but perhaps we need a wee truce for the close season and let JW show it or otherwise come Aug-Oct.

I agree. I keep saying the same thing, but others are determined to try and rewrite history, and I don’t think that’s helpful to anyone, including Walker. 

Jambof3tornado

Interesting that it took so long to get to the bottom of his knee issue.

Lets hope his time down south has made him realise what he could be to all Hearts fans.....an absolute hibs killing hero.

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Plenty like him 

:pleasing:

Just a shame he didn’t like us enough to show the club more respect while whoring his erse in the way he did to Sevco 

:sadrobbo:

Edited by It should have been ten

Think we should be willing to give him another chance. Also think that if his agent is still that orange "Weapons grade Whopper" Alan Houldsworth, he (Houldsworth) should be barred entrance to both Tynecaste and Riccarton, least he tries to turn more gullible wee laddies heids and contaminates the squad...IMO.

Is agent orange still his agent? Apologies if someone has answered this already, must've missed it.

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, JyTees said:

You were doing ok till you made up shite regarding who he supported as a boy.

Shame.

Any chance he could support Hearts and Rangers? I have an associate that goes to Ibrox and Tynecastle, we also seem to have quite a few fans on here that support Hearts and Liverpool etc. Just a thought. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Any chance he could support Hearts and Rangers? I have an associate that goes to Ibrox and Tynecastle, we also seem to have quite a few fans on here that support Hearts and Liverpool etc. Just a thought. 

No there is no much chance

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nope.

And having an interest in another team in a different League/country is hardly the same as supporting Hearts and Rangers, Hibs and Celtic, Aberdeen and St Johnstone etc etc.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, JyTees said:

Nope.

And having an interest in another team in a different League/country is hardly the same as supporting Hearts and Rangers, Hibs and Celtic, Aberdeen and St Johnstone etc etc.

It does happen though. Especially the more 'traditional' element of think nothing of supporting Rangers on Old Firm day.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

No there is no much chance

1 hour ago, JyTees said:

Nope.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

It does happen though. Especially the more 'traditional' element of think nothing of supporting Rangers on Old Firm day.

There was a thread on here a season or two before he broke through, where a couple of people who knew him posted that “he is a Hearts supporter, who is also quite fond of Rangers”. I remember it well. A certain poster who’s no longer on here (unless under a new account); “Speedbump” responded by saying “works for me” to that particular revelation. :lol:

Isn’t it funny the things that stick in your mind?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Just a shame he didn’t like us enough to show the club more respect while whoring his erse in the way he did to Sevco 

:sadrobbo:

Don't even recall that. When did he play for Rangers?

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

There was a thread on here a season or two before he broke through, where a couple of people who knew him posted that “he is a Hearts supporter, who is also quite fond of Rangers”. I remember it well. A certain poster who’s no longer on here (unless under a new account); “Speedbump” responded by saying “works for me” to that particular revelation. :lol:

Isn’t it funny the things that stick in your mind?

I'm pretty sure this is the answer. If folk are so vociferously supporting both sides of the argument the truth probably is something in between. He could also have been a Hearts fan as a lad and then a Rangers fan as a teenager or vice versa. Either way it doesn't actually mean anything, after all Callum McGregor & James Forrest were both Rangers fans as kids.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Nelly Terraces

Be interesting to see if Jamie Walker can last a maximum of 1 hour (but mainly 45 mins) without aerobically falling to pieces & looking like a marathon runner who's hit the wall with 4 miles still left to go. Probably the most unfit player I've seen in years - which leads to poor decision making & performance.

He doesn't seem the brightest & our coaches & management failed to identify & work on this issue previously but hopefully he might have learned a thing or 2 while in England. But I sadly doubt it.

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Be interesting to see if Jamie Walker can last a maximum of 1 hour (but mainly 45 mins) without aerobically falling to pieces & looking like a marathon runner who's hit the wall with 4 miles still left to go. Probably the most unfit player I've seen in years - which leads to poor decision making & performance.

He doesn't seem the brightest & our coaches & management failed to identify & work on this issue previously but hopefully he might have learned a thing or 2 while in England. But I sadly doubt it.

Just sad to post in this manner

It should have been ten
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't even recall that. When did he play for Rangers?

He never, much to his dismay!