Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Bit harsh on Muirhead, Tzolis, Struna, Novak, Augustyn,kitchen, Callaghan & McLean to class them as duds .

Muirhead scored two tap ins against Rangers, was our worst player that night. Did absolutely nothing else, just been released by Dunfermline, the very essence of a dud.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

David McCaig
45 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Can you post your idea of a balanced squad for next season,  Feel free to include reasonable targetted rumours (max 3 or 4) eg Charlie Adam. Shankland.  If when you've finished you have players left over who are currently under contract can you let us know how you're going to get rid of them at an affordable cost.

I think Halkett is an excellent signing.

I also hope that we don't block the path of youngsters such as Cochrane, Irving, Conor Smith and Hickey.  By all means buy an established senior player as first pick but we don't need countless journeyman as back ups.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I also hope that we don't block the path of youngsters such as Cochrane, Irving, Conor Smith and Hickey.  By all means buy an established senior player as first pick but we don't need countless journeyman as back ups.

Good point. 

I think the young one will be used as back up more now and that hopefully a few impress. 

Probably the first year since admin where I'd expect to see that more, remember that most of these guys are 16-18, that's very young. 

That should mean less journeymen and allow a better quality of player to be bought. 

We couldn't do that before, tho- we simply had guys that were too young and some not good enough. 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Muirhead scored two tap ins against Rangers, was our worst player that night. Did absolutely nothing else, just been released by Dunfermline, the very essence of a dud.

Fair enough, I haven’t followed his career since he left. He was one who I thought never got a fair chance when with us. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I imagine some will go out on loan to get game time. Tricky balancing the long term with the short term. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Fair enough, I haven’t followed his career since he left. He was one who I thought never got a fair chance when with us. 

My mates is a Pars fan, he asked me if he was any good and I was brutally honest. He wasn’t really here that long, has all the attributes but something not quite right. He thinks he’s a forward, I think he will end up as a left back most likely.

12 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

CL has stated numerous times that, depending on the player, too much first team exposure can have a negative effect and that in most cases picking up a game here and there is the best way for them to develop without the pressure of performing week in week out at that age. With that in mind and the injuries we suffered last season then the so called journeymen are most definitely needed.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I imagine some will go out on loan to get game time. Tricky balancing the long term with the short term. 

Any youngster that is genuinely going to make it,  should be claiming a first team spot on merit by the time they are 18/19.

Realistically if Cochrane is going to make it, the Hearts first team is actually the lowest standard of football he will be playing.

davemclaren
Just now, David McCaig said:

Any youngster that is genuinely going to make it,  should be claiming a first team spot on merit by the time they are 18/19.

Realistically if Cochrane is going to make it, the Hearts first team is actually the lowest standard of football he will be playing.

18/19...really? ?

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

CL has stated numerous times that, depending on the player, too much first team exposure can have a negative effect and that in most cases picking up a game here and there is the best way for them to develop without the pressure of performing week in week out at that age. With that in mind and the injuries we suffered last season then the so called journeymen are most definitely needed.

I take your point but there is a middle ground between over playing the kids and someone like Irving being blocked by Lee/Bozanic/Edwards.

Cochrane and Irving could probably have been used in rotation and Connor Smith is well worth a spot on the bench.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

18/19...really? ?

Yes, I would expect a player with genuine aspirations of playing in the English Premier League/Championship to be more than good enough to play SPL at 19.

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Steven MacLean was ****ing dreadful for large periods of the season. Anyone who disagrees didn’t watch Hearts past October. 

One good old performance in the cup final doesn’t change that. 

I wonder why that would be ? a 37 year old playing up front on his own without Uche creating space and Naismith playing alongside him, The fact that we tried to use him as a target man or the fact that we brought him into be squad player and he ended up starting every week. 

he was excellent when he had support around him, he obviously isn’t the long term option, not will be play every game, but he’s still an option in some games.

26 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

C'mon don't be shy.

You were able to tell us what went wrong last season.

To help us, and the club, tell us what the situation should be for next season.

What you've said above doesn't really help.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’m sorry, but no. This isn’t even true. 

That period between the semi at Murrayfield and Naismith coming back into the team, he was ****ing horrendous. Not unlucky. Awful. 

He played well well in the cup final and the last game at Easter Road, I’ll give you that. But anyone who thinks he was at an acceptable level for much of the season last season didn’t watch an awful lot of Hearts. 

EDIT: Lot of goals. Seven goals in total. Including 3 against Cowdenbeath and Auchinleck. Sparkling. 

You’re entitled to your opinion but you come across rather angry so might want to tone it back a bit, it’s just a forum.

not once did I say lots of goals, so if you’re going to come back with something at least make it accurate, otherwise you’ll build up a reputation 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

But he didn’t and it was no where a winner, no matter how badly you put it. Some really average players have scored for us in cup finals, he’s played 4 games for us after being so far out the picture that only an injury crisis got him back in the reckoning.

Right so you’ve missed the point completely, which isn’t surprising to be honest 

instead of trying to chip in to me replying to another poster try and actually get what I was trying to say. Edwards was classed as a dud (because according to one notoriously awful poster we sign 10 duds and only one player is decent - which i was able to quickly disprove by confirming that a mere two/three signings out of the many we signed didn’t work out) and I merely pointed out that he’s only played a handful of games, actually getting better in each game and scoring a goal in a cup final. All things that merit him away from being a dud

stop jumping on every opportunity to berate the team, the manger, folks posts, it’s folk like you who clog threads up with the same repetitive guff over and over. Away wi ye 

David McCaig

Sign up and coming Scottish players with a track record at First Team level ala Halkett

Not flooding the squad with lower league journeyman. Offer opportunities for youth players to fill in for small periods of time.

No more than 1 or 2 project players... At 1 point last year we were carrying Amankwaa, Mulraney, Clare and Wighton.

Don't sign anyone without watching them in person... Signing solely off YouTube should be a sacking offence!!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Right so you’ve missed the point completely, which isn’t surprising to be honest 

instead of trying to chip in to me replying to another poster try and actually get what I was trying to say. Edwards was classed as a dud (because according to one notoriously awful poster we sign 10 duds and only one player is decent - which i was able to quickly disprove by confirming that a mere two/three signings out of the many we signed didn’t work out) and I merely pointed out that he’s only played a handful of games, actually getting better in each game and scoring a goal in a cup final. All things that merit him away from being a dud

stop jumping on every opportunity to berate the team, the manger, folks posts, it’s folk like you who clog threads up with the same repetitive guff over and over. Away wi ye 

No I got your point and it was total nonsense, sorry if that hurts. 

If you want repetitive just look at your own posts, no need to reply and clog up the thread.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

By the same token Haring is the only signing that you could unequivocally call a success and ironically that wasn't in the position he was signed.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

El Hassnaoui, Anderson, Reilly, Swanson, Dauda, Sammon, Muirhead, Rherras, Noring, Sowah, Tzolis, Avlonitis, Watt, Choulay, Struna, Bikey, Martin, Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Amankwaa, Oshaniwa, Augustyn, Kitchen, Smith-Brown, Callachan, MacLean and Vanecek. 

There’s a list of absolute duds we have wasted a powerful amount of money on in the past 4 years. 

All overseen by one man. John Murray. 

Whereas other clubs have made consistently great signings over only 2 seasons 

Stevie Mallan Barnsley FC Barnsley FC 200 Th. €
Florian Kamberi Grasshopper Club Zurich Grasshoppers 130 Th. €
Mark Milligan Al-Ahli Jeddah Ahli Free Transfer
Daryl Horgan Preston North End Preston NE ?
Emerson Hyndman AFC Bournemouth Bournemouth Loan
Thomas Agyepong Manchester City U23 Man City U23 Loan
Jamie Maclaren SV Darmstadt 98 SV Darmstadt 98 Loan
Ryan Gauld Sporting CP Sporting CP Loan
Ádám Bogdán Liverpool FC Liverpool Loan
Marc McNulty Reading FC Reading Loan
Stephane Omeonga Genoa CFC Genoa Loan
Darnell Johnson Leicester City U23 Leicester U23 Loan
Gaël Bigirimana Motherwell FC Motherwell FC ?
Miquel Nelom Without Club Without Club

Vykintas Slivka Juventus FC Juventus 100 Th. €
Anthony Stokes Blackburn Rovers Blackburn Free Transfer
Simon Murray Dundee United FC Dundee United Free Transfer

Cammy Bell Kilmarnock FC Kilmarnock FC Free Transfer
Steven Whittaker Norwich City Norwich Free Transfer
Danny Swanson St. Johnstone FC St. Johnstone Free Transfer
Deivydas Matulevicius Royal Excel Mouscron Mouscron Free Transfer
Scott Bain Dundee FC Dundee FC Loan

Faycal Rherras KV Mechelen KV Mechelen Loan

Simon Murray Dundee FC Dundee FC End of loan

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I never wanted newco to pick up thier first trophy. 

You do go on about hibs winning the cup an awful lot tho. 

It's a thread about DV leaving and you managed to get a mention of it. 

Well done. 

Look up communication, you'll see that it's made up of lot of different parts. 

You might even learn something. 

Its funny reading folks comments at you who have their backs against the wall when disagreeing with you, or when you dismantle their poor effort at “facts”, or are showing themselves up big time, they come back with the same thing about Hibs winning the cup ??? talk about moon howling at its best eh

they talk all about it more than it’s ever mentioned by you, quite frightening really 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Sign up and coming Scottish players with a track record at First Team level ala Halkett

Not flooding the squad with lower league journeyman. Offer opportunities for youth players to fill in for small periods of time.

No more than 1 or 2 project players... At 1 point last year we were carrying Amankwaa, Mulraney, Clare and Wighton.

Don't sign anyone without watching them in person... Signing solely off YouTube should be a sacking offence!!

Seems fair enough.

Inch Hearts
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

C'mon don't be shy.

You were able to tell us what went wrong last season.

To help us, and the club, tell us what the situation should be for next season.

What you've said above doesn't really help.

We know the answer.  No injuries and we finish probably not third but comfortably fourth (although third and fourth finished on the same points) 

No injuries and no bids for players we cruise it.  Also ignore injuries and players leaving other sides ?

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

You could argue all day long about those signings and whether they were a success, not one of them is a high earner on a long term deal though.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

By the same token Haring is the only signing that you could unequivocally call a success and ironically that wasn't in the position he was signed.

Again, complete and utter dross.

if you care to look back and actually read where my post started you’ll again, see what I was responding to. Interestingly enough, not once did I mention all those players were successes, what I did was point out the obvious that only 2/3 of the many players we signed were “duds” the rest played games, did their part, some more than others. It was quite clear, it was there for you to read, not sure why you’re still referencing me using “success” to describe players. A player isn’t either a success or a dud, it’s not black and white like that.

let me know if you need anything else obvious explained as you seem to be struggling

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No I got your point and it was total nonsense, sorry if that hurts. 

If you want repetitive just look at your own posts, no need to reply and clog up the thread.

Brilliant reply, really well thought out. ???

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Again, complete and utter dross.

if you care to look back and actually read where my post started you’ll again, see what I was responding to. Interestingly enough, not once did I mention all those players were successes, what I did was point out the obvious that only 2/3 of the many players we signed were “duds” the rest played games, did their part, some more than others. It was quite clear, it was there for you to read, not sure why you’re still referencing me using “success” to describe players. A player isn’t either a success or a dud, it’s not black and white like that.

let me know if you need anything else obvious explained as you seem to be struggling

Did they play their part?

Relying on these players in the absence of Naismith saw us dropping points like confetti.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, David McCaig said:

Relying on these players in the absence of Naismith saw us dropping points like confetti.

Simple question: were 14 of the following players duds or not:

Edwards

Uche 

Naismith

Haring

Bozanic

Lee

Garrucio

Burns

Mulraney

Clare

McLean

Dunne

Shaugnessy

Wighton

Vanacek

Yes or no answer is all that’s needed

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You could argue all day long about those signings and whether they were a success, not one of them is a high earner on a long term deal though.

Who would you take? I’d probably take Omeonga and maybe Kamberi. My Hibs mates said he was absolutely chronic last year and a complete waste of a high salary but he was decent during his loan spell so worth a punt. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Far more than one of them was a high earner on a long term deal.  I would make the point but you'll only respond by changing to another point.  Or just choosing a word I use and 'riffing' on it.

Eg.  "Points?  Levein would know about them right enough eh?"

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Edwards

Uche 

Naismith

Haring

Bozanic

Lee

Garrucio

Burns

Mulraney

Clare

McLean

Dunne

Shaugnessy

Wighton

Vanacek

Sammon and oshaniwa and every signing basically since promotion season.

Horrendous...almost every one.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Far more than one of them was a high earner on a long term deal.  I would make the point but you'll only respond by changing to another point.  Or just choosing a word I use and 'riffing' on it.

Eg.  "Points?  Levein would know about them right enough eh?"

Which ones were high earners on long term deals?

Apart from Kamberi.

Edited by Pasquale for King

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Edwards - dud

Uche - success 

Naismith -success 

Haring - success 

Bozanic - dud

Lee - dud

Garrucio - dud

Burns - success

Mulraney - dud

Clare - dud

McLean - dud

Dunne - success

Shaugnessy - dud

Wighton - dud

Vanacek - dud

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Who would you take? I’d probably take Omeonga and maybe Kamberi. My Hibs mates said he was absolutely chronic last year and a complete waste of a high salary but he was decent during his loan spell so worth a punt. 

Im not sure I would want any Hibs player to be honest, the point is most of them were on loan or short term deals. To answer your question I think McNulty and Kamberi would help us, we were in for McNulty and Maclaren. Omeonga looked good but didn’t really do much. Yet they still finished above us the last two seasons.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which ones were high earners on long term deals?

Whittaker

Kamberi

Stokes

Slivka

Mallan

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Kamberi, Whittaker & Slivka im guessing on  2-3 year deals and decent dosh. 

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Im not sure I would want any Hibs player to be honest, the point is most of them were on loan or short term deals. To answer your question I think McNulty and Kamberi would help us, we were in for McNulty and Maclaren. Omeonga looked good but didn’t really do much. Yet they still finished above us the last two seasons.

That brings its own issues with rebuilds every year which is something hopefully we’re moving away from.

I’ve got a bigger issue with how to get the most out of the players we’ve got. Since Levein took over as manager I don’t think his recruitment has been as bad as folk are making out. Especially when you look at that list of Hibs. Both signed a lot of very average players.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Whittaker

Kamberi

Stokes

Slivka

Mallan

Mallan was their top goal scorer last season.

Kamberi scored 8 goals in 33 games last season and played wide left a bit and cost less than Clare or Wighton.

Slivka has done ok for them, didnt know he started his career at Juve but not a dud.

Stokes was emptied after a few months so yes a dud but not too costly.

Whittaker definitely, 3 year deal, injury prone and we were after him before he went back there.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Absolute Scenes
19 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Sammon and oshaniwa and every signing basically since promotion season.

Horrendous...almost every one.

Oh my days another one ???

clearly you're not too bright little snowflake so I won’t use long sentences.

players quote, all from this season

same applies, previous seasons

hope all makes sense, bye 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Kamberi, Whittaker & Slivka im guessing on  2-3 year deals and decent dosh. 

Didn’t know Slivkas cv, but yes those three but only Whittaker is a dud which was the point I was trying to make. It’s still not that many compared to us. We paid more for Wighton and Clare than they did for Kamberi.

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Clearly not old enough to use adult forums so you’re best ignored ?

entitled to your opinion, but you haven’t watched hearts much or at all this season to come out with drivel like that.

good chat wee man

11 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Whittaker

Kamberi

Stokes

Slivka

Mallan

Exactly, every one of these players would be getting slated on here if they wore maroon last season. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Exactly, every one of these players would be getting slated on here if they wore maroon last season. 

?

Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

Fair point regarding none were a success, but I’d have Tzolis in my Hearts team today. 

His race was run the day he came off the park at Pittodrie in his immaculate white shirt.

57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I wonder why that would be ? a 37 year old playing up front on his own without Uche creating space and Naismith playing alongside him, The fact that we tried to use him as a target man or the fact that we brought him into be squad player and he ended up starting every week. 

he was excellent when he had support around him, he obviously isn’t the long term option, not will be play every game, but he’s still an option in some games.

I'm sorry, but 2 goals (including one against a Junior side) in 2019 is not the return we should be expecting from any striker at Hearts. 37 years old and can only contribute when Steven Naismith is on the park. Should be binned. He's not good enough.

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not really true, he had a lot of unmerited criticism just because of his age, posters expected him to be bad, but when he showed them up to actually be a decent footballer, folk were waiting for him to make one mistake so he could be slated. Sad really

In actual fact he scored a lot of decent goals this season and stepped in when no other striker was available.

50 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but you come across rather angry so might want to tone it back a bit, it’s just a forum.

not once did I say lots of goals, so if you’re going to come back with something at least make it accurate, otherwise you’ll build up a reputation 

Your own words, champ.

40 minutes ago, WageThief said:

What Hibs do is irrelevant, though. We're not discussing their transfer record, we're discussing Hearts.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

That brings its own issues with rebuilds every year which is something hopefully we’re moving away from.

I’ve got a bigger issue with how to get the most out of the players we’ve got. Since Levein took over as manager I don’t think his recruitment has been as bad as folk are making out. Especially when you look at that list of Hibs. Both signed a lot of very average players.

Indeed but they’ve not got the amount of average players on longer term deals, and they obviously got more from them than we did. 

You can never be sure about a player but we have given the likes of Uche and Haring new deals through the season when we realised their worth, shorter term deals are probably the future or at least a break clause after a year of a three year deal.

I would like us to be leading the way with deals, not saying it’s ok we’ve wasted money because everyone else has. To try and compete at the top of the league mistakes have to be rectified and minimised.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Didn’t know Slivkas cv, but yes those three but only Whittaker is a dud which was the point I was trying to make. It’s still not that many compared to us. We paid more for Wighton and Clare than they did for Kamberi.

It’s all opinions I suppose but Kamberi was absolutely woeful every time I watched him last season, your being very generous to Slivka also. While  were talking about Hibs players somebody mentioned taking Omeonga  who is possibly the most overrated player of the season, runs about a lot but does very little with the ball. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mallan was their top goal scorer last season.

Kamberi scores 8 goals in 33 games last season and played wide left a bit.

Slivka has done ok for them, didnt know he started his career at Juve but not a dud.

Stokes was emptied after a few months so yes a dud but not too costly.

Whittaker definitely, 3 year deal, injury prone and we were after him before he went back there.

You have done exactly what I said you'd do although in a more bizarre and unusual fashion than you usually do.

"None of that list are high earners"

"Aaah but they aren't duds"

"Yeah three are duds but that was the point I was trying to make...."

Deary me - about as efficient as one of Lord's commandments.

pettigrewsstylist
42 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Oi oi oi. We nearly won 0-0 a few times. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

You have done exactly what I said you'd do although in a more bizarre and unusual fashion than you usually do.

"None of that list are high earners"

"Aaah but they aren't duds"

"Yeah three are duds but that was the point I was trying to make...."

Deary me - about as efficient as one of Lord's commandments.

He’s truly lost the plot eh?

guy can’t keep track of what he’s saying to who. Is he Neil Lennon? ?

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

His race was run the day he came off the park at Pittodrie in his immaculate white shirt.

I'm sorry, but 2 goals (including one against a Junior side) in 2019 is not the return we should be expecting from any striker at Hearts. 37 years old and can only contribute when Steven Naismith is on the park. Should be binned. He's not good enough.

Your own words, champ.

What Hibs do is irrelevant, though. We're not discussing their transfer record, we're discussing Hearts.

To be fair I meant the goals he scored were decent, but can see how it looked when I read it back. He didn’t score lots but the goals he did score were still goals and made a difference. Even coming on to score against Rangers when no one else could be bothered to turn up 

Bazzas right boot
57 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Its funny reading folks comments at you who have their backs against the wall when disagreeing with you, or when you dismantle their poor effort at “facts”, or are showing themselves up big time, they come back with the same thing about Hibs winning the cup ??? talk about moon howling at its best eh

they talk all about it more than it’s ever mentioned by you, quite frightening really 

They talk about it more than hibs fans. ?