Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I assume you possibly know that there was the possibility of a pay-off possibly. Some believe he had personal issues from the outset (his wife was heavily pregnant for a start) and it may be that he had to buy out his contract or make some recompense towards it.  Perhaps you can enlighten us or put two sides to the possibilities.

Few can disagree it worked out badly for both parties.

I don't know. That's why I stated "possibly". Because it is a possibility.  Pay offs are the norm in these situations. Possibly. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

letsmakesomenoise
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I assume you possibly know that there was the possibility of a pay-off possibly. Some believe he had personal issues from the outset (his wife was heavily pregnant for a start) and it may be that he had to buy out his contract or make some recompense towards it.  Perhaps you can enlighten us or put two sides to the possibilities.

Its more than just six months of wages down the drain.  Because he was expected to be a decent player, we did not add further to the squad in January thus leaving us woefully short in the striking department for the second half of the season.  Thus potentially costing us a place or two (maybe even Europe) in the league with its associated prize money, and more importantly leaving us terribly exposed in the cup final which we perhaps could have won.

So this signing may well have cost us much more than a few months wages.  Lets hope it never happens again!

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Olly disagrees. Good outcome according to him. 

Byyy The Light
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

The unwillingness and/or inability of the Levein devotees to acknowledge his shortcomings is terrifying.

The signing and departure of Vanecek is not a great outcome. It's 6 months of wages down the drain, possibly with the addition of a pay off and left us woefully short up front for half the season. There is, of course, an element of risk in every signing but this just another of far too many who have been a failure. A mediocre signing is not a successful signing. He is, indeed, a dud. 

The lack of objectivity from the Levein fans is incredible. 

Are you all related to him, perhaps? Only explanation I can think of. 

Yeh that's it.  Big shagger Levein is all our dads.

Haven't seen anyone disagree with you about Vanacek.  Everybody acknowledges he was a chronic signing.  Most people on the thread are saying things can be better but acknowledging it's tough to operate in the transfer market at our level.

It's about context, balance and realism.  

6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Haven't seen anyone disagree with you about Vanacek.  Everybody acknowledges he was a chronic signing.  Most people on the thread are saying things can be better but acknowledging it's tough to operate in the transfer market at our level.

What is our “level”?????

Better than Killie? Better than Hibs??

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

But there's so little of it from the pro Levein side. Fingers in ears and insulting those with opposing views is the goto. 

There is so much wrong with tactics, performances, results...but a blatant refusal, by most, to recognise anything other than their own context, balance and realism. Which is basically that Levein is wonderful and those who disagree are wrong.  

48 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

scored an almost cup winning goal

My favourite quote of the day   :rofl: 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, cheetah said:

It’s a Cathroesque quote, have we found out his true identity ????

David McCaig
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Yes but what about very ordinary and very very ordinary?

2 or 3 ordinary, very ordinary or indeed very very ordinary players are fine to pad out the squad and as such few of the players listed can be described as complete duds.

However, when in a single season you manage to sign in excess of 10 such players you have a major problem.

For example, signing just one out of Lee, Bozanic and Edwards would have been a fairly decent piece of business in terms of squad depth, signing all 3 was just daft.

The same can also be argued up front where we gambled on Mulraney, Clare and Wighton.  One project player is fine, but having 3 playing at the same time is again just daft.

Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, cheetah said:

11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a Cathroesque quote, have we found out his true identity ???

scored a goal that almost won a cup, that better?

If you both have nothing better to do than look for a quote to nit pick then jog on, this is a grown ups thread

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a Cathroesque quote, have we found out his true identity ????

scenes :lol: 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

If you both have nothing better to do than look for a quote to nit pick then jog on, this is a grown ups thread

have you been reading it? :lol: 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, cheetah said:

have you been reading it? :lol: 

not all 24 pages of regurgitated rubbish, but a good chunk of it

But good point though, probably count on my hands the number of grown up posts

The Apprentice

Anyone with the slightest knowledge of football knows Steven MacLean is not a dud. 

Edited by The Apprentice

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

2 or 3 ordinary, very ordinary or indeed very very ordinary players are fine to pad out the squad and as such few of the players listed can be described as complete duds.

However, when in a single season you manage to sign in excess of 10 such players you have a major problem.

For example, signing just one out of Lee, Bozanic and Edwards would have been a fairly decent piece of business in terms of squad depth, signing all 3 was just daft.

The same can also be argued up front where we gambled on Mulraney, Clare and Wighton.  One project player is fine, but having 3 playing at the same time is again just daft.

Selective, as always. 

Bozanic, Edwards and Lee couldnt have played that much together?

Haring and Djoum were our major midfield players, both were Injured for large periods. Lee played with them most. 

Clare and Wighton, had Naismith played more and Uche not injured as much and if DV did what he was meant to do, then again both these players would have played less. 

Mulraney never really played that much either, he was in/ out of the side but again, Ben, micthell and Morrison all got injured. 

Not sure who we could have played given the players injured and the amount of players injured in each position. 

Anyway, completely off topic as per. 

Goodbye and good luck DV. 

52 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Objectivity? 

Our hit ratio of poor to successful signings is on par with most teams. 

If a player is unhappy and he's not performing, getting rid is a good solution to all parties. 

We did (fact) improve on last season from the season before. Folk are arguing this? 

The debate, a tiresome one is about who can take us forward,  some think CL will others dont. 

But saying we've went backwards, 10 duds to every good signing etc is the opposite of objectivity, it's just lies, lies made up along the lines of most hearts fans, 90% of fans want him gone etc that was also spouted on here. 

Some wanted us beat of hibs and were prepared for Celtic to win the cup if it meant CL was gone. 

That is true, yet you talk about objectivity from the pro CL side?  I think I'll crack the jokes. 

On topic-

DV leaving as it's not worked out is a good outcome. 

Do we need to improve, yes. 

Halkett is a start 

Naismith signing would be a second good step. 

Sammon, Hughes, Martin and now DV all leaving is also good. 

I am not related to CL, I can only dream of such superior stock. ?

Two points and longer Cup runs may well, technically, be "improvement" to those who want to defend Levein absolutely, but what about everything else? 

Aimless, awful tactics, clueless and insipid performances, terrible results, consistently poor recruitment...you must have noticed these things, Olly. 

i8 posted the "every 1 there's 10" comment and it has been pounced on and used to attack him. Do you not think perhaps he was just plucking a random number out the air and wasn't being entirely literal. I suggested yesterday (forget which thread) something along the lines of "every 1 there's a handful". No one commented. No one criticised me. Can I assume that I had a point and that the pro-Levein punters had conceded that their man is not faultless or blameless after all. 

It would be a first. 

Byyy The Light
46 minutes ago, martoon said:

But there's so little of it from the pro Levein side. Fingers in ears and insulting those with opposing views is the goto. 

There is so much wrong with tactics, performances, results...but a blatant refusal, by most, to recognise anything other than their own context, balance and realism. Which is basically that Levein is wonderful and those who disagree are wrong.  

Can’t say I have read any of this on this thread. Who is saying this? This thread has been about Vanacek and our recruitment last season.

Phil Dunphy
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If someone says they want to score the most goals in the Scottish Premiership, which includes players such as Morelos, Defoe and Edouard, does that make you think?:

(a) They are good at football

(b) They are bad at football

(c) Didn't understand the question

Using capital letters is actually worse than emojis ...

(d) I still wouldn’t think he’s claiming to be Lionel Messi, because I know how language works. 

Ever wondered why you’re fighting a lone battle here? It’s because you’re completely alone in thinking he was bigging himself up. Because you think “want to” and “will” are the same thing. 

Christ on a bike. I never realised the world contained people as dull as this. 

Phil Dunphy

Steven MacLean was ****ing dreadful for large periods of the season. Anyone who disagrees didn’t watch Hearts past October. 

One good old performance in the cup final doesn’t change that. 

Byyy The Light
56 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What is our “level”?????

Better than Killie? Better than Hibs??

Our level is £3k per week budget. 

Can’t say I have read any of this on this thread. Who is saying this? This thread has been about Vanacek and our recruitment last season.

:4_1_72:

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Steven MacLean was ****ing dreadful for large periods of the season. Anyone who disagrees didn’t watch Hearts past October. 

One good old performance in the cup final doesn’t change that. 

Not really true, he had a lot of unmerited criticism just because of his age, posters expected him to be bad, but when he showed them up to actually be a decent footballer, folk were waiting for him to make one mistake so he could be slated. Sad really

In actual fact he scored a lot of decent goals this season and stepped in when no other striker was available.

Phil Dunphy

El Hassnaoui, Anderson, Reilly, Swanson, Dauda, Sammon, Muirhead, Rherras, Noring, Sowah, Tzolis, Avlonitis, Watt, Choulay, Struna, Bikey, Martin, Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Amankwaa, Oshaniwa, Augustyn, Kitchen, Smith-Brown, Callachan, MacLean and Vanecek. 

There’s a list of absolute duds we have wasted a powerful amount of money on in the past 4 years. 

All overseen by one man. John Murray. 

Phil Dunphy
13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not really true, he had a lot of unmerited criticism just because of his age, posters expected him to be bad, but when he showed them up to actually be a decent footballer, folk were waiting for him to make one mistake so he could be slated. Sad really

In actual fact he scored a lot of decent goals this season and stepped in when no other striker was available.

I’m sorry, but no. This isn’t even true. 

That period between the semi at Murrayfield and Naismith coming back into the team, he was ****ing horrendous. Not unlucky. Awful. 

He played well well in the cup final and the last game at Easter Road, I’ll give you that. But anyone who thinks he was at an acceptable level for much of the season last season didn’t watch an awful lot of Hearts. 

EDIT: Lot of goals. Seven goals in total. Including 3 against Cowdenbeath and Auchinleck. Sparkling. 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

El Hassnaoui, Anderson, Reilly, Swanson, Dauda, Sammon, Muirhead, Rherras, Noring, Sowah, Tzolis, Avlonitis, Watt, Choulay, Struna, Bikey, Martin, Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Amankwaa, Oshaniwa, Augustyn, Kitchen, Smith-Brown, Callachan, MacLean and Vanecek. 

There’s a list of absolute duds we have wasted a powerful amount of money on in the past 4 years. 

Bit harsh on MacLean but can't really argue with the rest...

We've had a lot of dross!

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

(d) I still wouldn’t think he’s claiming to be Lionel Messi, because I know how language works. 

Ever wondered why you’re fighting a lone battle here? It’s because you’re completely alone in thinking he was bigging himself up. Because you think “want to” and “will” are the same thing. 

Christ on a bike. I never realised the world contained people as dull as this. 

See @Olly Lee's left boot (above).

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He wanted Hibernian to end their 114 Scottish Cup hoodoo. 

You'll need to do better than that. 

He’s one of a few posters with the capacity for logic and objectivity.

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s one of a few posters with the capacity for logic and objectivity.

:laugh:

Because he agrees with you? Funny how that works. 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

But he didn’t and it was no where a winner, no matter how badly you put it. Some really average players have scored for us in cup finals, he’s played 4 games for us after being so far out the picture that only an injury crisis got him back in the reckoning.

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Not always but he does tend to approach things in a more balanced and logical manner. The weakest posters will make sweeping generalisations. The strongest will admit when things have gone wrong but will also be able to identify when things have gone right .

25 pages  :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:. He's gone.......away........oot the door and you are all going over old ground but thinking you have invented fire going by some of the hot takes. Get a life ffs.

Just now, Notts1874 said:

25 pages  :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:. He's gone.......away........oot the door and you are all going over old ground but thinking you have invented fire going by some of the hot takes. Get a life ffs.

This.

Byyy The Light
17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Shuddering at the thought of some of those names.  

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I would add Doyle, Mitchell, Wighton and Shaughnessy to that list. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He wanted Hibernian to end their 114 Scottish Cup hoodoo. 

You'll need to do better than that. 

I never wanted newco to pick up thier first trophy. 

You do go on about hibs winning the cup an awful lot tho. 

It's a thread about DV leaving and you managed to get a mention of it. 

Well done. 

Look up communication, you'll see that it's made up of lot of different parts. 

You might even learn something. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Not always, we disagree a lot. 

10 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

yet you can't stay away from the thread :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Bit harsh on Muirhead, Tzolis, Struna, Novak, Augustyn,kitchen, Callaghan & McLean to class them as duds .

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Our level is £3k per week budget. 

Sure its not £10k....?

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Can you post your idea of a balanced squad for next season,  Feel free to include reasonable targetted rumours (max 3 or 4) eg Charlie Adam. Shankland.  If when you've finished you have players left over who are currently under contract can you let us know how you're going to get rid of them at an affordable cost.

Some list of mainly duds. No not proven verdict from me, Scouting Dept horrendous needs sorted but has for awhile now, don't agree with John Murray you are out, it's that simple.

15 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Bit harsh on Muirhead, Tzolis, Struna, Novak, Augustyn,kitchen, Callaghan & McLean to class them as duds .

This (apart from maybe Tziolis). We seem to be stretching the meaning of dud to include any below average signing. Another poster trying to add Mitchell to the list ffs - I don't remember anyone describing him as a dud after his first loan spell. 

3 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

This (apart from maybe Tziolis). We seem to be stretching the meaning of dud to include any below average signing. Another poster trying to add Mitchell to the list ffs - I don't remember anyone describing him as a dud after his first loan spell. 

Exactly, the players I listed were in my opinion decent squad players at a time when no youth players were breaking through. I’ll have to disagree about Tzolis who in my opinion was a class act. 

Phil Dunphy
37 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I never wanted newco to pick up thier first trophy. 

You do go on about hibs winning the cup an awful lot tho. 

It's a thread about DV leaving and you managed to get a mention of it. 

Well done. 

Look up communication, you'll see that it's made up of lot of different parts. 

You might even learn something. 

You’re confusing me mentioning Hibs winning the Scottish Cup with mentioning that you wanted it to happen. 

Easy mistake to make. 

34 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Dud may be harsh, but they definitely were closer to that than to a success. 

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You’re confusing me mentioning Hibs winning the Scottish Cup with mentioning that you wanted it to happen. 

Easy mistake to make. 

Dud may be harsh, but they definitely were closer to that than to a success. 

Fair point regarding none were a success, but I’d have Tzolis in my Hearts team today.