Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What Hibs do is irrelevant, though. We're not discussing their transfer record, we're discussing Hearts.

It is a bit silly to suggest we judge our signings without the context of other clubs signings.  Especially when people act like poor signings are exclusive to us.

What if I suggest that David Vanacek was quite a good signing and refuse to discuss any comparisons with other players or signings by us or any other club because "we're discussing David Vanacek here not ...".  I mean Vanacek turned up for training didn't he?  What's the problem? 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

Bazzas right boot

Are folk actually saying that we sign too many duds and they drain our resources..... But we should have kept DV and / or it was a bad move to let him go? 

If not, what are folk trying to say on the matter of big Dave leaving? 

This thread is heading into Billy Piper territory at an alarming rate. 

The groovy gang is in full flow. 

Big Dave leaving is a good thing for both Club and player. Should pretty much be it all. 25 pages ?

If you want to discuss all the transfers, progress and all the other stuff that has never been talked about, I'd advise start a thread. It would be refreshing to discuss the same things, again. 

Why not start a poll and prove most Hearts fans, at least on here want him gone ???

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Exactly, every one of these players would be getting slated on here if they wore maroon last season. 

Ironically the people defending Levein would say Whittaker is injured and that’s the risks we take, Mallan = Lee, Slivka = Bozanic, Kamberi scored more goals than anyone bar Naismith and couldn’t handle the long balls, Stokes = Vanacek

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

It’s all opinions I suppose but Kamberi was absolutely woeful every time I watched him last season, your being very generous to Slivka also. While  were talking about Hibs players somebody mentioned taking Omeonga  who is possibly the most overrated player of the season, runs about a lot but does very little with the ball. 

Agree with all of that, don’t watch them that much.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably the reason most Hibs fans were happy to get rid of Lennon in January, then signed 4 players before the next manager arrived.

Haven’t all those players now left?

KyleLafferty

Every club makes shockers of signings. Especially in Scotland. Too many people live in a fantasy world on this ????. Uche, Naismith, Haring, Dunne, Mulraney, Lee(Due to his involvement in 18 goals), have been decent signings. Clare and Wighton have this season to improve. Ben Garuccio has some decent games, disappeared then got injured. Dikamona has been solid in most of his games.

Fact of the matter is, we ain’t going to sign players for money, we ain’t getting up and coming English championship players. Clubs in Scotland have to gamble on players.

CloustonHMFC
46 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Sammon and oshaniwa and every signing basically since promotion season.

Horrendous...almost every one.

Almost every signing since promotion, does this also include:

Berra

McLaughlin

Souttar

Milinkovic

Lafferty

Uche

Haring

Djoum

Mitchell (1st spell)

Garrucio

Dikamona

Dunne

M Smith

Zlamal

Mulraney

Bozanic

Juanma

Isma

Away and bolt. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, WageThief said:

You have done exactly what I said you'd do although in a more bizarre and unusual fashion than you usually do.

"None of that list are high earners"

"Aaah but they aren't duds"

"Yeah three are duds but that was the point I was trying to make...."

Deary me - about as efficient as one of Lord's commandments.

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear I was wrong, not that I know their wages but I’m taking your word for it.

If I wasn’t clear I was talking about duds on top wage and three year deals again my apologies.

To clear it up only Stokes and Whitaker can be called duds in the context of Vanacek and Sammon. They also had others you could call duds but they probably weren’t on top wages on long term deals.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Haven’t all those players now left?

Yeah, they were loans and a short term deal. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He’s truly lost the plot eh?

guy can’t keep track of what he’s saying to who. Is he Neil Lennon? ?

Sorry if you can’t follow my points, they take a bit of understanding and knowledge of grammar and spelling and not Cathroesque quotes ??

Sorry to be clogging up this thread with needless nonsensical posts, that’s your job.

Back on ignore with the rest ??.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Every club makes shockers of signings. Especially in Scotland. Too many people live in a fantasy world on this ????. Uche, Naismith, Haring, Dunne, Mulraney, Lee(Due to his involvement in 18 goals), have been decent signings. Clare and Wighton have this season to improve. Ben Garuccio has some decent games, disappeared then got injured. Dikamona has been solid in most of his games.

Fact of the matter is, we ain’t going to sign players for money, we ain’t getting up and coming English championship players. Clubs in Scotland have to gamble on players.

It’s true that most clubs do waste money, doesn’t make it right and we should be making every effort to minimise it. Investing money into the scouting network would hopefully save us money in the long run.

We were going to buy Milinkovic but used the money on Clare and Wighton so we can spend.

We can get up and coming Championship players on loan, like the guy we are after from Leeds, but probably not sign them as you say.

Edited by Pasquale for King

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sorry if I didn’t make it clear I was wrong, not that I know their wages but I’m taking your word for it.

If I wasn’t clear I was talking about duds on top wage and three year deals again my apologies.

To clear it up only Stokes and Whitaker can be called duds in the context of Vanacek and Sammon. They also had others you could call duds but they probably weren’t on top wages on long term deals.

Ok.  So why are you talking about top earners on 3 year deals?  Is there an end product to your point? 

And why bring Vanacek into it?  He was only signed for 18 months and not a top earner either.

Pasquale for King
Just now, WageThief said:

Ok.  So why are you talking about top earners on 3 year deals?  Is there an end product to your point? 

And why bring Vanacek into it?  He was only signed for 18 months and not a top earner either.

I was trying to answer your question about Hibs duds, they didn’t cost them as much as our do because most of them were on short term deals.

The thread is about Vanacek and wasting money, only Berra and Naismith are likely to have been on higher wages. He was a free transfer signing, coming from another country from a club of equal size with others interested, he wasn’t coming for £2k a week.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

We know the answer.  No injuries and we finish probably not third but comfortably fourth (although third and fourth finished on the same points) 

No injuries and no bids for players we cruise it.  Also ignore injuries and players leaving other sides ?

Stalker alert!

I wasn't asking you.

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s true that most clubs do waste money, doesn’t make it right and we should be making every effort to minimise it. Investing money into the scouting network would hopefully save us money in the long run.

We were going to buy Milinkovic but used the money on Clare and Wighton so we can spend.

We can get up and coming Championship players on loan, like the guy we are after from Leeds, but probably not sign them as you say.

Is that correct?

Link, please

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was trying to answer your question about Hibs duds, they didn’t cost them as much as our do because most of them were on short term deals.

The thread is about Vanacek and wasting money, only Berra and Naismith are likely to have been on higher wages. He was a free transfer signing, coming from another country from a club of equal size with others interested, he wasn’t coming for £2k a week.

I never posted a question, I posted a list of Hibs duds.  Why didn't you just make your point in the first place?

Maybe he was nearer the top of the earners (I doubt it though) but he still doesn't qualify as he wasn't on a 3 year deal.

Anyway out of the list of our duds I initially responded to, how many were top earners on 3 year deals?

I'd say one.

El Hassnaoui, Anderson, Reilly, Swanson, Dauda, Sammon, Muirhead, Rherras, Noring, Sowah, Tzolis, Avlonitis, Watt, Choulay, Struna, Bikey, Martin, Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Amankwaa, Oshaniwa, Augustyn, Kitchen, Smith-Brown, Callachan, MacLean and Vanecek. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Best thing about this thread is Olly Lee’s Left Foot pretending that this shite signing is a rare event :rofl:

Just now, Barack said:

So...when are you two lovebirds meeting up for some drinks & a curry...?

I'm straight so the answer's NEVER.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm straight so the answer's NEVER.

:lol:

i think he was just joking sweetheart. 

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:lol:

i think he was just joking sweetheart. 

Maybe you should meet up with him then.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JamboAl said:

Maybe you should meet up with him then.

No mate, I’m all man. Proper into women me, and football and fighting.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, WageThief said:

I never posted a question, I posted a list of Hibs duds.  Why didn't you just make your point in the first place?

Maybe he was nearer the top of the earners (I doubt it though) but he still doesn't qualify as he wasn't on a 3 year deal.

Anyway out of the list of our duds I initially responded to, how many were top earners on 3 year deals?

I'd say one.

El Hassnaoui, Anderson, Reilly, Swanson, Dauda, Sammon, Muirhead, Rherras, Noring, Sowah, Tzolis, Avlonitis, Watt, Choulay, Struna, Bikey, Martin, Nowak, Stockton, Grzelak, Amankwaa, Oshaniwa, Augustyn, Kitchen, Smith-Brown, Callachan, MacLean and Vanecek. 

I did make that point, maybe not clearly enough.

Martin and Oshiniwa were 3 year deals, not sure if some of the rest that were moved on were on 3 year deals too. The jury is out on some of the current squad too that are on longer term deals, whereas these Hibs players were loans or 6 month or 1 year deals.

Mods, please close this thread. 

Guys, the guy has left, he has gone, no more money wasted on him. We get all your points but it’s history. I’m confident we will have great signings and really poor signings in the future. Let’s wait for those rather than focussing on this one any further. It’s pointless and tiresome and I’m amazed at the amount of time spent on it. 

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Is that correct?

Link, please

Are you that forgetful that you don’t remember we were going to buy Milinkovic for about £500k and that we spent that on Wighton and Clare, find your own links if you don’t accept what everyone else clearly does I don’t answer to you.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Guys, the guy has left, he has gone, no more money wasted on him. We get all your points but it’s history. I’m confident we will have great signings and really poor signings in the future. Let’s wait for those rather than focussing on this one any further. It’s pointless and tiresome and I’m amazed at the amount of time spent on it. 

We’ll have really poor signings in the future, that’s in no doubt

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Don't read the thread or post on it then. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Smart arse is pretty aggressive as is stalker.  I wonder if you will get a warning.  Seriously doubt it.

He’s got a cheek calling you that, I can’t get away from him even putting him on ignore hasn’t helped #metoo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Sweetheart is trolling and worth a warning if it’s across the board. 

Idgaf m8 :lol:

Pasquale for King

The irony is amazing :lol: gutted he doesn’t want to meet because he’s straight (shocking comment imo) 

Indeed it is ?

7 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Smart arse is pretty aggressive as is stalker.  I wonder if you will get a warning.  Seriously doubt it.

But it's OK to call a male Love or Princess.

And all because I asked you for a link to substantiate your assertion re Skinny.

Talk about seeking a diversion.  You're a master at it.

Can I now have the link,  please.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But it's OK to call a male Love or Princess.

And all because I asked you for a link to substantiate your assertion re Skinny.

Talk about seeking a diversion.  You're a master at it.

Can I now have the link,  please.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-and-genoa-agree-deal-for-david-milinkovic-1-4756554

Now leave me alone.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

A link to what homophobe? I don’t know you’re a male, your name could be Jambo Alana.  Or like my girl (actual daughter btw) Ailie :lol:  keep digging tho. 

It was me that was speaking about Milinkovic, he’s having a bad day even for him and should just give up. He doesn’t believe we were going to buy Milinkovic.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I know, had the link chat from Question Mark (not that I’m saying name is Mark) three times now :lol: now you’ve linked it be prepared for about 500 more questions. 

Poor Jambo in Hamilton gets it tight for doing that ?.

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I know, had the link chat from Question Mark (not that I’m saying name is Mark) three times now :lol: now you’ve linked it be prepared for about 500 more questions. 

So you've changed from questionnaire  :lol:

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Martin and Oshiniwa were 3 year deals, not sure if some of the rest that were moved on were on 3 year deals too. The jury is out on some of the current squad too that are on longer term deals, whereas these Hibs players were loans or 6 month or 1 year deals.

So you agree, just Sammon then.  And no, the Hibs players were not all loans and short term deals.  Actually probably not on par with the list I responded to.

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Are you that forgetful that you don’t remember we were going to buy Milinkovic for about £500k and that we spent that on Wighton and Clare, find your own links if you don’t accept what everyone else clearly does I don’t answer to you.

So it's not true.

It's made up or an assumption.

Guest ToqueJambo
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we're striving for stability and Hibs are all about the short-term? Sounds about right.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

So incredibly wrong.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, WageThief said:

So you agree, just Sammon then.  And no, the Hibs players were not all loans and short term deals.  Actually probably not on par with the list I responded to.

Eh no because as I said Martin and  Oshiniwa were 3 year deals, i could probably find some others on that list or others not mentioned but it’s a waste of time. The list of Hibs players you gave were loans or short term deals, or guys like Murray/McGinn/Swanson etc that left. They didn’t have to specifically pay anyone off as we did with Martin, Oshiniwa, and possibly Stockton, Gryzelak, Amakwaa etc to get them to end their deals early. We’re unlikely to agree after all that.

Edited by Pasquale for King

16 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

See for someone who was moaning about people going around in wee groups and piling on... you don’t half do that yourself. Just an observation. ?

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Can't two heterosexual males not just meet up for some pints & a nice meal, and a chat anymore?

Is this what our society has become...?! :(

What time and where? I’m in. ?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So incredibly wrong.

Proof? Link? Who else would be in higher wages for the reasons I’ve given already?