Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

See for someone who was moaning about people going around in wee groups and piling on... you don’t half do that yourself. Just an observation. ?

Who’s in his group? If I am nobody told me, or offered to meet up ?. You are a good poster but you have arrived late considering all the others have been here already (Olly, Al,the franks,Scenes, JJ, Toque, and all the 1874s etc etc).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Can't two heterosexual males not just meet up for some pints & a nice meal, and a chat anymore?

Is this what our society has become...?! :(

Has to be for curry though, a real man's meal. Anything else may lead down a slippery slope that would displease Ann Widdecombe.

6 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Our level is £3k per week budget. 

How do you know that??

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Eh no because as I said Martin and  Oshiniwa were 3 year deals, i could probably find some others on that list or others but it’s a waste of time. The list of Hibs players you gave were loans or short term deals, or guys like Murray/McGinn/Swanson etc that left. They didn’t have to specifically pay anyone off as we did with Martin, Oshiniwa, and possibly Stockton, Gryzelak, Amakwaa etc to get them to end their deals early. 

McGinn wasn't in the list and you've already admitted the list I posted had 3 top earners on long-term deals (and .  Your stipulation was top earners on 3 year deals for Hibs but you've responded to my question by listing players who were not top earners.

Why didn't Hibs need to pay compensation when Danny Swanson left by "mutual consent" but we possibly did with Cole Stockton when he left by "mutual consent".  Why do you think that is?

You've got a weird fetish for negativity if you are a Hearts fan.

18 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

See for someone who was moaning about people going around in wee groups and piling on... you don’t half do that yourself. Just an observation. ?

Was a wee bit tongue in cheek (obviously not in a homosexual way), in reference to a comment he made yesterday. Was just trying to point out that often what we think we see other people doing, we can be seen as being guilty of ourselves. ?

been here before
8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I will re-appraise

Colin Doyle - dud

Zlamal - Meh

Ben Garrucio - dud

Clevid Dikamona - Could be decent

Jake Mulraney - Starting to impress

Ryan Edwards - Starting to impress

Uche Ikpeazu - Love him

Steven MacLean - dud

Bobby Burns -dud

Olly Lee - Meh

Olly Bozanic -  dud

Sean Clare - I think will be a top player for us

Craig Wighton - dud would be a step up for this guy

David Vanacek - Dud

How many of these players have you personally seen playing and how often?

Just so we know how seriously to take your assessment.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, WageThief said:

McGinn wasn't in the list and you've already admitted the list I posted had 3 top earners on long-term deals (and .  Your stipulation was top earners on 3 year deals for Hibs but you've responded to my question by listing players who were not top earners.

Why didn't Hibs need to pay compensation when Danny Swanson left by "mutual consent" but we possibly did with Cole Stockton when he left by "mutual consent".  Why do you think that is?

You've got a weird fetish for negativity if you are a Hearts fan.

Oshiniwa wasn’t a top earner ?, Martin was given a three year deal so it’s fair to assume he was a top earner to get him to sign it? But neither of us have proof either way.How do you know how much Hibs players are paid anyway?  You mentioned five players, only two were duds . 

McGinn was in their squad at the start of the season, if they did pay Swanson it was much less than we paid Stockton/Gryzelak/Noring/Nowak/Amankwaa and Vanacek all together. We need to stop wasting money, just because we waste more or less than Hibs is immaterial.

Im negative because of the absolute guff we’ve had to suffer for two seasons and the excuses trotted out by the manager, repeated over and over again and then regurgitated on here.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Byyy The Light
46 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

How do you know that??

I know 2 agents very well 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

I know 2 agents very well 

Any idea how much they’re fee would be for a top earner as opposed to an average one?

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, Barack said:

They don't do client confidentiality then?

What’s client confidentiality got to do with it? They speak to clubs and clubs make it known what their budgets are. I don’t have a clue what any of their clients are on. I also have no idea what their clients earn and I have no idea what any Hearts players are paid. 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Any idea how much they’re fee would be for a top earner as opposed to an average one?

In what respect? They don’t have any clients that play for Hearts 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

In what respect? They don’t have any clients that play for Hearts 

Just being nosey, just interested in agents fees and signing on fees. It’s part of the discussion on how much we wasted on Vanacek. 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

They're happy to discuss individual club's supposed transfer player wage budgets with you. 

In this case, Hearts. Who are potentially a client, if the wages on offer are appealing to whatever player those agents whom you know.

They've told you allegedly our wage budget is 3k a week. So, they're disclosing info to you that is meant to be a private matter between any clubs. Not very professional, imo. That's all.

Think you’d be surprised how many of these open secrets exist in that world. It’s also published in the annual accounts so I don’t think anyone at the club will be losing any sleep over any of it.

Byyy The Light
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just being nosey, just interested in agents fees and signing on fees. It’s part of the discussion on how much we wasted on Vanacek. 

It would vary. It would also depend on how the deal was structured as sometimes the player pays the agent and sometimes the club does. The whole industry is an absolute clusterf*ck. 

55 minutes ago, been here before said:

How many of these players have you personally seen playing and how often?

Just so we know how seriously to take your assessment.

A lot.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

It would vary. It would also depend on how the deal was structured as sometimes the player pays the agent and sometimes the club does. The whole industry is an absolute clusterf*ck. 

It definitely seems that way, a bit murky but lucrative. 

Byyy The Light
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It definitely seems that way, a bit murky but lucrative. 

Beyond murky. You’d be surprised how hard it is to make a decent living. The properly lucrative stuff is sewn up by a few key players/agencies.

After that it’s like trying to get served in the Tynie at 2.15pm on a Saturday. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Beyond murky. You’d be surprised how hard it is to make a decent living. The properly lucrative stuff is sewn up by a few key players/agencies.

After that it’s like trying to get served in the Tynie at 2.15pm on a Saturday. 

Hahahaha that’s a great analogy ?

CloustonHMFC

This post descended into some unreal amounts of shithousery. Some of you need to get a grip, grown adults (I assume) taking an Internet forum and the things people say on it far too seriously. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mallan was their top goal scorer last season.

Kamberi scored 8 goals in 33 games last season and played wide left a bit and cost less than Clare or Wighton.

Slivka has done ok for them, didnt know he started his career at Juve but not a dud.

Stokes was emptied after a few months so yes a dud but not too costly.

Whittaker definitely, 3 year deal, injury prone and we were after him before he went back there.

Stokes pretty much won them the final  :laugh:  He was shite in the league but stokes was not a failure at hibs because of that cup win, he’s absolutely loved down at Easter road and they would just laugh at anyone calling him a shite signing. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Morph said:

Stokes pretty much won them the final  :laugh:  He was shite in the league but stokes was not a failure at hibs because of that cup win, he’s absolutely loved down at Easter road and they would just laugh at anyone calling him a shite signing. 

I was talking about his last spell there from the summer of 2017 until they sacked him in January 2018 as he was part of the list we were discussing. But yes he’s obviously a hero down there, and dare I say it rightly so.

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was talking about his last spell there from the summer of 2017 until they sacked him in January 2018 as he was part of the list we were discussing. But yes he’s obviously a hero down there, and dare I say it rightly so.

Can tell you this much. Vanacek debacle included, Hibs spent way more than us last season in transfer fees and wages to finish 3 pts ahead of us and out both cups way earlier than us.

Aberdeen also spent way, way more than Killie to finish behind them. And Celtic spent way, way, way more than anyone to scrape past us in the cup final and just best Rangers by 9 pts.

Point being, every club "wastes" money when you look back at the season to varying degrees. We're operating at a much more sustainable level than our rivals right now.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can tell you this much. Vanacek debacle included, Hibs spent way more than us last season in transfer fees and wages to finish 3 pts ahead of us and out both cups way earlier than us.

They paid £100k for Kamberi, about the same for Mallan, who else did they buy? We spunked between £300-500k on Clare and Wighton. As for wages we will have to wait until the accounts are out to see if you’re right.

47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They paid £100k for Kamberi, about the same for Mallan, who else did they buy? We spunked between £300-500k on Clare and Wighton. As for wages we will have to wait until the accounts are out to see if you’re right.

Facts  about what we paid..Wighton was an undisclosed fee but from Dundee side approx. £150,000 and more depending upon games played etc and Clare....

“Cross-border compensation is more straightforward, black and white. They’re a category two club, we’re a category two club.

“So it’s 60,000 Euros for every year he was at Sheffield Wednesday – and he’s been there two-and-a-half years.

“The question then became could we find 150,000 Euros to invest in a player we would normally not be able to sign?"

Edited by CJGJ

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Facts  about what we paid..Wighton was an undisclosed fee but from Dundee side approx. £150,000 and more depending upon games played etc and Clare....

“Cross-border compensation is more straightforward, black and white. They’re a category two club, we’re a category two club.

“So it’s 60,000 Euros for every year he was at Sheffield Wednesday – and he’s been there two-and-a-half years.

“The question then became could we find 150,000 Euros to invest in a player we would normally not be able to sign?"

The Dundee Courier said £250, even at your estimate we paid out £300k which is more than Hibs did and what I guessed. Now they got 20 goals and numerous assists, we got 6 from

Clare. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

More than that. Hibs spent more than twice what we did on agent fees.

As Clare and Wighton were both bought as longterm prospects we’ll see which of those 4 turn out best. Though kamberi was poor most of last season and aside from his set piece goals Hibs fans were moaning about Mallan.

Anyhow pound for pound we made the two best signings of any club last season in Naismith and Haring.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The Dundee Courier said £250, even at your estimate we paid out £300k which is more than Hibs did and what I guessed. Now they got 20 goals and numerous assists, we got 6 from

Clare. 

Clearly Arithmetic is a difficult subject for you

I would also caution re the £250,000 figure you claim....I'm pretty sure my figure is nearer the truth

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Clearly Arithmetic is a difficult subject for you

I would also caution re the £250,000 figure you claim....I'm pretty sure my figure is nearer the truth

Amazing at Arithmetic actually, your estimate of approximately £150k for both players makes £300k does it not? As I said my amazing claim of £250k was in the press, do you have any proof of your £150k approximation? Why should I be cautious, is the bogey man going to get me?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/714693/dundee-confirm-craig-wighton-has-signed-for-hearts/ 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

More than that. Hibs spent more than twice what we did on agent fees.

As Clare and Wighton were both bought as longterm prospects we’ll see which of those 4 turn out best. Though kamberi was poor most of last season and aside from his set piece goals Hibs fans were moaning about Mallan.

Anyhow pound for pound we made the two best signings of any club last season in Naismith and Haring.

Mallan scored 12 goals and had 8 assists, more goal involvement than Lee. Kamberi scored 12 goals and had 3 assists which is more than Naismith but in more games obviously.

The stats can hide the truth though, neither were great according to the fans.

Haring and Naismith were quality signings, albeit both are injury prone so pound for pound not quite the best if that’s the way you want to measure it.

You said Transfer fees and wages not agents fees, they did indeed spend more on agents fees and possibly wages but we won’t know until our AGM. 

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mallan scored 12 goals and had 8 assists, more goal involvement than Lee. Kamberi scored 12 goals and had 3 assists which is more than Naismith but in more games obviously.

The stats can hide the truth though, neither were great according to the fans.

Haring and Naismith were quality signings, albeit both are injury prone so pound for pound not quite the best if that’s the way you want to measure it.

You said Transfer fees and wages not agents fees, they did indeed spend more on agents fees and possibly wages but we won’t know until our AGM. 

Double the agent fees would indicate considerably more spent on transfers surely?

been here before
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

A lot.

Aye?  How have you done that then when by your own admission  you choose not to go to games?

Or why would you when you dont even 'care about Hearts'?

Just curious how how could have such an informed oopinion about so many players when you wear your "I could go but choose not to" badge with such vocal pride on here.

Edited by been here before

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Double the agent fees would indicate considerably more spent on transfers surely?

No it just means they either used more agents to source the players they brought in or more expensive agents.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye?  How have you done that then when by your own admission  you choose not to go to games?

Or why would you when you dont even 'care about Hearts'?

Just curious how how could have such an informed oopinion about so many players when you wear your "I could go but choose not to" badge with such vocal pride on here.

I went to about 10 games last season and must have watched about 10 games live.

I will not be going next season or indeed until Budge is replaced.

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:byebye: 

Geoff Kilpatrick
14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:lies:

been here before
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Absolute ? ?.

Unadulterated lies.

Either that or you've spent the whole of last season lying,  spouting shite about not going to games, not caring and generally taking ill informed attention seeking hissy fits.

Out of curiosity what ine is it?

ginger jambo98
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not always as Agents also get fees based on any signing on fees that players receive. 

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Will you still watch Hearts on TV?

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They paid £100k for Kamberi, about the same for Mallan, who else did they buy? We spunked between £300-500k on Clare and Wighton. As for wages we will have to wait until the accounts are out to

if you’re right.

Why not just say Hibs paid 50p for Mallan / Kambieri and we paid 5bn for Clare and Wighton?

As per the list I sent you they paid 200k for Mullan and 130k for Kamberi.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Don’t think anyone will be shedding a tear. 

Now that DV has gone, should we look to re-sign the player he was meant to replace, Kyle Lafferty?