Vanecek leaves Hearts by mutual consent (title updated)

MaskedMarauder

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Uche putting Vanecek to shame. Beasting it in the gym, doing strength & conditioning work. Not even back until Friday.

Top pro.??

Saw this as well

Is it bad that I cannot decide who I'd save from a fire, him or my wife?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mr Elwood P

• Bazzas right boot

• i8hibsh

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Saw this as well

Is it bad that I cannot decide who I'd save from a fire, him or my wife?

Uche would save you both. 

Then go back for a glass of milk. 

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Has anyone ever said he has never signed a good player? The issue is clear, it is the amount of complete flops and utter dross he signs.  I would take a guess at 10 complete duds for every decent signing

Ok. We made 20 signings this season. Name the complete duds? I’ll Start your off with Vanacek ...

The Comedian

A shite and I'm guessing costly signing in the end, who I think was handled badly by our all singing Dof/Manager/board member/janitor. 

Lesson's will be learned though, eventually. 

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Has anyone ever said he has never signed a good player? The issue is clear, it is the amount of complete flops and utter dross he signs.  I would take a guess at 10 complete duds for every decent signing

Complete and utter drivel, as usual from you

Lets test that shall we?

A complete dud: defined as a player so bad, its an embarrassment watching them play. As in they offer nothing whatsoever...

This season we signed the following:

Colin Doyle - sub keeper, not had many games, some very good saves especially against HIbs, one absolute clanger: not a dud

Zlamal - solid first choice keeper this season: not a dud

Ben Garrucio - quiet season, played a few games, scored a lovely free-kick: not a dud

Clevid Dikamona - solid fans favourite, heart of a lion, played through injury: not a dud

Jake Mulraney - slow queit start, into first choice winger: not a dud

Ryan Edwards - signed, punted on loan, no evidence what he could do until last few games. Still managed cup final goal: not a dud

Uche Ikpeazu - unit who has had decent first season, hampered by injury, not too bad gaol return: not a dud

Steven MacLean - was slated before even kicking a ball, actually gave us a pretty decent goal return, was relied upon to play solo when injuries hit: not a dud

Bobby Burns - signed as a young player, voted player of the season for his old team, scored in the few games he played: not a dud

Olly Lee - given constant slack despite having highest number of assist in team as well as chipping in with few goals: not a dud

Olly Bozanic - solid back up for midfield, quiet season still chipped in with goals: not a dud

Sean Clare - written off after few games, but showing he has talent and will be an important player next season (imo): not a dud

Craig Wighton - okay i'll give you this one, not seen much to see he's a player: yet several managers have publicly praised him, especially James McPake who'd said he was on e the best young players he'd seen - stiull to be seen, so i'll say he's a dud

David Vanacek - speaks for itself, terrible signing, but a lot falls on the player

So there you have it, 2 duds inside 14 players signed puts your theory to bed

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Uche would put out the fire with his spit. Then save you and your wife.??

that's what would worry me, I'd almost feel like I'd need to offer her to him for his bravery and courage...she'd be ruined

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Ok. We made 20 signings this season. Name the complete duds? I’ll Start your off with Vanacek ...

don't worry I already did this for him, naming only 14 signings and only 2 being duds, it would have been too much work for him trying to remember the names of players he doesn't watch

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Ok, take last season

Colin Doyle - Flop

Zlamal - Meh

Ben Garrucio - Utter garbage

Clevid Dikamona - Could be decent

Jake Mulraney - Starting to impress

Ryan Edwards - Starting to impress

Uche Ikpeazu - Love him

Steven MacLean - Utter garbage

Bobby Burns - Utter garbage

Olly Lee - Meh

Olly Bozanic - Utter garbage

Sean Clare - I think will be a top player for us

Craig Wighton - I have ran out of insults for this guy.  A chocolate fireguard to us.

David Vanacek - Dud

10 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Lesson's will be learned though, eventually. 

I would not bank on that

indianajones
9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lets test that shall we?

A complete dud: defined as a player so bad, its an embarrassment watching them play. As in they offer nothing whatsoever...

Colin Doyle - sub keeper, not had many games, some very good saves especially against HIbs, one absolute clanger: not a dud

Ben Garrucio - quiet season, played a few games, scored a lovely free-kick: not a dud

Clevid Dikamona - solid fans favourite, heart of a lion, played through injury: not a dud

Ryan Edwards - signed, punted on loan, no evidence what he could do until last few games. Still managed cup final goal: not a dud

Uche Ikpeazu - unit who has had decent first season, hampered by injury, not too bad gaol return: not a dud

Steven MacLean - was slated before even kicking a ball, actually gave us a pretty decent goal return, was relied upon to play solo when injuries hit: not a dud

Bobby Burns - signed as a young player, voted player of the season for his old team, scored in the few games he played: not a dud

Olly Lee - given constant slack despite having highest number of assist in team as well as chipping in with few goals: not a dud

Olly Bozanic - solid back up for midfield, quiet season still chipped in with goals: not a dud

Sean Clare - written off after few games, but showing he has talent and will be an important player next season (imo): not a dud

Craig Wighton - okay i'll give you this one, not seen much to see he's a player: yet several managers have publicly praised him, especially James McPake who'd said he was on e the best young players he'd seen - stiull to be seen, so i'll say he's a dud

David Vanacek - speaks for itself, terrible signing, but a lot falls on the player

If I ever get into trouble I want you as the judge. Incredibly lenient! 

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

To be fair to Murray he only seems to get mentioned when a situation like Vanecek crops up. No one mentioning him for the likes of Naismith etc, myself included. 

Because you don’t need to scout players like Berra or Naismith, if they’re available you take them.  Credit to the club for getting they signings over the line as they’ve been great for us but they require virtually no scouting. 

We rely on these foreign players as levein says because they’re cheaper than looking to England where the prices are inflated  but **** me do we sign some utter shite. 

Remember Kenny Anderson from about the third tier of some Scandinavian league :laugh:  These players would have probably all panned football if it wasn’t for daft managers thinking they can see something in them from video clips. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Jesus.

Didn't bank on that statement from you, i8. A positive shout for a player who's still being slated by some now...I'm away to check the Earth's still spinning on its axis.?

I feel it.

Leveins Battalion
14 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lets test that shall we?

Doyle is absoloute Pony!!!!The Aberdeen game at the end of the season was laughable for a professional keeper.

15 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lets test that shall we?

If the recruitment was good enough we wouldn’t be finishing 6th 2 seasons on the bounce. 

Thats not acceptable for hearts. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lets test that shall we?

Yip, there is a few that we need to upgrade on, but in terms of duds I think you have nailed it. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ok, take last season

Colin Doyle - Flop

Zlamal - Meh

Uche Ikpeazu - Love him

Olly Lee - Meh

Craig Wighton - I have ran out of insults for this guy.  A chocolate fireguard to us.

David Vanacek - Dud

Tbf, even you've listed just two duds if I include Wighton. 

We need to improve in certain areas, but in terms of duds, two is about right. 

43 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

That's good to hear.

I just hope he can stay on his feet more next season - goes down far too easily imo

Wish folk would stop believing the media line about Uche being a diver - the abuse he gets every single game is extreme and it's a disgrace that refs turn a blind eye to it.

Nookie Bear
24 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lets test that shall we?

Reading this i'm beginning to wonder why we didn't win the league

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/heart-of-midlothian-fc/alletransfers/verein/43

Good to be able to look at the transfers season by season.

This transfer window looks amazing:

In:

White 

Halkett

Out:

Hughes

Martin

Sammon 

Vanacek 

Might be prudent to get Naismith in and just bolt the doors shut.

Geoff

thats not a great start for your prediction that the recruitment this year will be as unsuccessful as last year. All still to prove themselves but prospects look quite bleak for your anti-Levein agenda.  

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Jesus.

Didn't bank on that statement from you, i8. A positive shout for a player who's still being slated by some now...I'm away to check the Earth's still spinning on its axis.?

I had high hopes for Clare, oh well. 

Pretty much nailed on to regress and end up at some Shite backwater like Newport or somewhere like that now. 

The i8 kiss of death.

David McCaig
26 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lets test that shall we?

So the criteria for success is not being utterly awful?

Colin Doyle - Bombscare

Zlamal - Much better after being deservedly dropped, but still below the general standard of Hearts keeper

Garrucio - very ordinary

Dikamona - very ordinary

Mulraney - very ordinary though possibly has potential to improve

Edwards - over the course of the season as a whole can't be described as anything other than a disaster.

Uche - His strength is his strength but needs more end product. Good first season to build on.

MacLean - Not a bad signing, but we should have never have been playing him as a lone striker.

Burns - very much one for the future and looks a good signing

Lee - very ordinary

Bozanic - very very ordinary

Clare - heart of a mouse

Wighton - heart of an even smaller mouse

Vanecek - dreadful signing and damning indictment of our inept scouting system.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Injureeeeez?

Byyy The Light
32 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lets test that shall we?

Good post.  Not convinced as you are about Clare and for me the jury is out on Uche although both definitely not duds.

We need better if we are to challenge consistently but in terms of building a squad it's a solid base to work from and upgrade when and where possible.

In comparison to other clubs I can't really think of any standout signings that the likes of Killie, Aberdeen and Hibs have signed that I'm gutted we missed out on.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Colin Doyle - Bombscare

Zlamal - Much better after being deservedly dropped, but still below the general standard of Hearts keeper

Garrucio - very ordinary

Dikamona - very ordinary

Edwards - over the course of the season as a whole can't be described as anything other than a disaster.

Uche - His strength is his strength but needs more end product. Good first season to build on.

MacLean - Not a bad signing, but we should have never have been playing him as a lone striker.

Lee - very ordinary

Clare - heart of a mouse

The question was about duds tho. 

10 duds to every 1 good signing was the claim. 

Ordinary, is just that. It's not a dud. 

I agree in large with your appraisal. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbf, even you've listed just two duds if I include Wighton. 

We need to improve in certain areas, but in terms of duds, two is about right. 

I will re-appraise

Colin Doyle - dud

Zlamal - Meh

Ben Garrucio - dud

Uche Ikpeazu - Love him

Steven MacLean - dud

Bobby Burns -dud

Olly Lee - Meh

Olly Bozanic -  dud

Craig Wighton - dud would be a step up for this guy

David Vanacek - Dud

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I will re-appraise

Colin Doyle - dud

Zlamal - Meh

Ben Garrucio - dud

Uche Ikpeazu - Love him

Steven MacLean - dud

Bobby Burns -dud

Olly Lee - Meh

Olly Bozanic -  dud

Craig Wighton - dud would be a step up for this guy

David Vanacek - Dud

Again, I'd say not far off, but your a bit simple in your approach. 

citing a 18 year old development player as a dud shows me that you are being too simple in your appraisal. 

Also as sub keeper is just that, we will never have a good number 2, there can't be a long list of keepers lining up to be number two or even be in a rotation system at Hearts?

Maclean was also only meant to be used sparingly and done what he was signed to do, step up in case of injuries. 

Unfortunately, Uche, Naismith, Keena all got injured and DV was a dud, so he played more than anyone probably thought he would. 

I'd in general agree with you, tho and still nowhere near 10 to 1 ratio. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The problem is that you can't get away with too many ordinary signings either.

Whilst a player as good as Naismith has the remarkable ability to lift the standard of those around him, the danger is, as happened, that he gets injured and the whole thing falls apart.

With Naismith we are a top 3 side, without him, we are bottom 6 and that is being generous.  The likes of Garrucio, Lee or Clare won't by themselves make a good team bad, but if you have to start playing them all en-masse it shouldn't come as a surprise that wins become elusive.

10 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Colin Doyle - Bombscare

Garrucio - very ordinary

Dikamona - very ordinary

Lee - very ordinary

Clare - heart of a mouse

Basically hanging your whole argument on vanacek .Whilst , it would appear , arguing against yourself !

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

don't worry I already did this for him, naming only 14 signings and only 2 being duds, it would have been too much work for him trying to remember the names of players he doesn't watch

You are right but you forgot Dunne, Naismith,Shaughnessy, Mitchell and Hughes. The last three were duds so he’s half right, which is about half more than usual.

David McCaig
Just now, johnthomas said:

Basically hanging your whole argument on vanacek .Whilst , it would appear , arguing against yourself !

Vanecek was the icing on the cake of a poor transfer strategy.

Only Haring who was omitted from the list I quoted can be described as an out and out success.  The rest of the signings represented quantity over a woeful lack of quality.

Given that we paid fees for Wighton and Clare they are arguably just as poor signings as Vanecek and left us completely bereft of attacking threat in the 2nd half of the season.  Even Uche was left neutured by a lack of support.

David McCaig
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

You are right but you forgot Dunne, Naismith,Shaughnessy, Mitchell and Hughes. The last three were duds so he’s half right, which is about half more than usual.

No scouting system is perfect, but poor signings seem to be the rule and good signings the exception.

Pasquale for King
Just now, David McCaig said:

No scouting system is perfect, but poor signings seem to be the rule and good signings the exception.

Agreed.

15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yes but what about very ordinary and very very ordinary?

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The problem is that you can't get away with too many ordinary signings either.

Whilst a player as good as Naismith has the remarkable ability to lift the standard of those around him, the danger is, as happened, that he gets injured and the whole thing falls apart.

With Naismith we are a top 3 side, without him, we are bottom 6 and that is being generous.  The likes of Garrucio, Lee or Clare won't by themselves make a good team bad, but if you have to start playing them all en-masse it shouldn't come as a surprise that wins become elusive.

Ofc, we need to improve. 

CL says he wants to add quality. 

We ha e signed Halkett. 

No one will deny that. But the point in question was about duds. 

Hearts will always have ordinary players, what you hope Is the better ones stay fit and some "punts" or development players Suprise. 

Unfortunately, we had injuries to our better players and our development players weren't quite ready and played too much, imo anyway. 

Add on that   a dud like DV was a direct replacement for Lafferty you can see why we ended up 6th. 

Pretty obvious we need a few better players in and some others need to to kick on a bit more. 

Haring was missed out on that list as well. 

Jambo 4 Ever
33 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Wish folk would stop believing the media line about Uche being a diver - the abuse he gets every single game is extreme and it's a disgrace that refs turn a blind eye to it.

I'm not denying that he gets a lot of unfair challenges etc... but if he stayed on his feet more, which im sure he is capable of doing, he will do better for us

The White Cockade

Burns Garruccio Dikamona are not duds in my book

We have fans who label players duds every time they make a mistake

All players at every level make mistakes 

Haring obviously the top signing if he stays fit and Mulraney looks a very good prospect when his confidence is up

I think Bobby is a talented keeper but makes some bad decisions - maybe a top goalie coach can sort him out?

Doyle and Vanacek are the out and out duds for me

Lee Bozanic and Clare all look to have ability  but maybe need to move on to a club that plays to their strengths as our tactics are all over the shop which doesn’t help 

Mclean has done ok but would have been a great signing 5 years ago rather than now

Absolute Scenes
52 minutes ago, indianajones said:

If I ever get into trouble I want you as the judge. Incredibly lenient! 

the argument was to counter that I8 said we only sign one good player in 10 duds - the truth is he talking utter guff as usual

Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Colin Doyle - Bombscare

Garrucio - very ordinary

Dikamona - very ordinary

Lee - very ordinary

Clare - heart of a mouse

don't see what the issue or confusion is with what I posted - I didn't say they were world cup stars

But, they are absolutely NOT all duds as I've proved and as was evident when seeing them play. That's what I was saying and its pretty obvious

interesting regarding Edwards: what made him a "disaster" as you say, because he only played about 5 games and scored an almost cup winning goal...were you a season ticket holder at St Mirren???

Edited by Absolute Scenes

8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

We can only hire what we can afford and when your purse forces you into the lower reaches of the market, the risk is greater.

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was just talking about signings this season - for the record Hughes isn't a dud. He was actually quite relied upon in the Cathro era and was one of the few positive signings he made. But he was at the end of his career so it showed. But definitely not a dud. Mitchell he was meh, Shaugs I agree, I actually forgot about him - he was rubbish

Absolute Scenes
52 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Doyle is absoloute Pony!!!!The Aberdeen game at the end of the season was laughable for a professional keeper.

Oh come on he had a bad game against Motherwell and Aberdeen that was about it. He wasn't good enough to be number one but he wasn't a dud

Still wouldn't be sad to see him go though

Absolute Scenes
43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

someone else who doesn't understand what my post was in relation to

I8 said we sign 10 duds and only one signing is good - I disproved that by confirming only a handful of signings this season have been duds compared to the others - likewaise this will be the same for EVERY other team in the league

Really not that difficult to understand

Absolute Scenes
32 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

this guy gets it

The unwillingness and/or inability of the Levein devotees to acknowledge his shortcomings is terrifying.

The signing and departure of Vanecek is not a great outcome. It's 6 months of wages down the drain, possibly with the addition of a pay off and left us woefully short up front for half the season. There is, of course, an element of risk in every signing but this just another of far too many who have been a failure. A mediocre signing is not a successful signing. He is, indeed, a dud. 

The lack of objectivity from the Levein fans is incredible. 

Are you all related to him, perhaps? Only explanation I can think of. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Ok, take last season

Colin Doyle - Flop

Zlamal - Meh

Uche Ikpeazu - Love him

Olly Lee - Meh

David Vanacek - Dud

That works out at 1 dud for 1 decent signing, not quite in line with your previous post.

I would take a guess at 10 complete duds for every decent signing

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I was just talking about signings this season - for the record Hughes isn't a dud. He was actually quite relied upon in the Cathro era and was one of the few positive signings he made. But he was at the end of his career so it showed. But definitely not a dud. Mitchell he was meh, Shaugs I agree, I actually forgot about him - he was rubbish

I think he meant last season in which Hughes/Naismith/Mitchell were signings technically, Hughes hardly played and can be clearly called a dud.

He was awful in the games he played under Cathro, Easter Road in particular and had about 6 good games in 3 years. Like Vanacek he’s gone now though so let’s move on.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Ok, take last season

Colin Doyle - Flop

Zlamal - Meh

Uche Ikpeazu - Love him

Olly Lee - Meh

David Vanacek - Dud

Utter nonsense!

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, martoon said:

The unwillingness and/or inability of the Levein devotees to acknowledge his shortcomings is terrifying.

The signing and departure of Vanecek is not a great outcome. It's 6 months of wages down the drain, possibly with the addition of a pay off and left us woefully short up front for half the season. There is, of course, an element of risk in every signing but this just another of far too many who have been a failure. A mediocre signing is not a successful signing. He is, indeed, a dud. 

Objectivity? 

Our hit ratio of poor to successful signings is on par with most teams. 

If a player is unhappy and he's not performing, getting rid is a good solution to all parties. 

We did (fact) improve on last season from the season before. Folk are arguing this? 

The debate, a tiresome one is about who can take us forward,  some think CL will others dont. 

But saying we've went backwards, 10 duds to every good signing etc is the opposite of objectivity, it's just lies, lies made up along the lines of most hearts fans, 90% of fans want him gone etc that was also spouted on here. 

Some wanted us beat of hibs and were prepared for Celtic to win the cup if it meant CL was gone. 

That is true, yet you talk about objectivity from the pro CL side?  I think I'll crack the jokes. 

On topic-

DV leaving as it's not worked out is a good outcome. 

Do we need to improve, yes. 

Halkett is a start 

Naismith signing would be a second good step. 

Sammon, Hughes, Martin and now DV all leaving is also good. 

I am not related to CL, I can only dream of such superior stock. ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

That works out at 1 dud for 1 decent signing, not quite in line with your previous post.

I would take a guess at 10 complete duds for every decent signing

Complete duds too, not just a "dud" 

Up there with ordinary and very, very ordinary. 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

I assume you possibly know that there was the possibility of a pay-off possibly. Some believe he had personal issues from the outset (his wife was heavily pregnant for a start) and it may be that he had to buy out his contract or make some recompense towards it.  Perhaps you can enlighten us or put two sides to the possibilities.

Few can disagree it worked out badly for both parties.