Fifa Women's World Cup

Maroon Sailor

Must be true what they say about that Martens being the female Messi, fails to turn up at big tournaments.

Edited by RudiHMFC

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Lovecraft

• kila

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Dutch no 18 just spat. Disgusting!

What you watching? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Ooh i can get 1.01 for Sweden to beat Thailand on Skybet. Bet £100 to win £1.

£1m for £10k

4 hours ago, Spellczech said:

It does, but only if you consider that this competition needs Japan to advance more than Scotland...

4 hours ago, kila said:

Or to minimise Scottish nationalism during Brexit chaos :whistling:

I love to think up a good conspiracy :D

Or the SFA have arranged it as they can't have the women's team qualifying for second stage of a World Cup at first go after men can't in 8 attempts. 

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Don't the Dutch normally swallow. 

Shit ! Another infraction...

It's ok J.

As a Dickhead this threads open season. 

Say what you like.

Maroon Sailor

Looking likely a win against Argentina will get Scotland through - probably to play against France

Edited by Maroon Sailor

11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

What a sack of shit. I thought after the men’s World Cup it was actually going to be a good thing but the longer it goes it’s clearly going to cause even more angst particularly for the smaller teams. Those

incidents that have went against Scotland will soon be going against Hearts against the OF. No thanks??

Get it tae ****! 

Its why they need complete transparency in stadiums and show the replays on big screens so the fans can see - like TMO on rugby.

Should enforce more accountability 

Edited by Jammy T

Portable Badger

BBC site:

''First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has been giving Shelley Kerr tips.........''

That explains a lot !!

John Findlay

Swedes just given a penalty for handball against Thailand. For me it was far less of a handball than that which Scotland were not given against Japan. We were robbed.

tokyowalnut
31 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

All the USA women are white.

That's a bit strange.

Can't wait to see them get pumped!

Beat Argentina and Scotland will qualify looking at goal difference in Groups E and F.

Of course being Scotland...

45 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

That's a bit strange.

You think they should have a token black in the team, just to give the appropriate message?

Oof - Scotland will be gutted to see the penalty that Sweden got for their 5th...For me it is clear there simply was no functioning VAR during the Scotland v Japan game...

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Oof - Scotland will be gutted to see the penalty that Sweden got for their 5th...For me it is clear there simply was no functioning VAR during the Scotland v Japan game...

I was just thinking the same - wonder what our Uruguay correspondent's take would be...

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Lovecraft said:

That's a bit strange.

All sorted now 

24 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You think they should have a token black in the team, just to give the appropriate message?

No. Given that black men and women mostly dominate American sports, I would expect more to be playing for the women's team.

New VAR/handball rules are a nonsense. Earlier game today a total powderpuff header brushed against an arm. Wasn't going anywhere, not one player claimed for it yet refs on the earpiece and gives penalty and card out of nothing. Pure ruins it. The games done at this rate.

18 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I don't think VAR was involved at all in the second half.

It is pretty suspicious.

3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

No. Given that black men and women mostly dominate American sports, I would expect more to be playing for the women's team.

"Soccer" is a middle class sport in the US. That's why they talk of "soccer moms". Ghetto kids are more likely to go after the "Football", Athletics and Basketball scholarships.

Just now, Spellczech said:

"Soccer" is a middle class sport in the US. That's why they talk of "soccer moms". Ghetto kids are more likely to go after the "Football", Athletics and Basketball scholarships.

Yeah, was guessing it must be a class thing.

Not sure if there is much money in it either.  Real money I mean.

ToadKiller Dog

That's a bit strange.

Mcdonald isn't unless I'm colour blind 

Anyways the US are technically miles ahead of the two teams they have faced so far. 

Different challenge v Sweden as physically they will be more similar 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Also what I find really frustrating is the lack of criticism. It's obvious everyone has been given a message to talk up the women's game positively.

But if you are rightly going to give plaudits for the deft touches or impressive strikes etc you have to call it when it's poor as well.

Waxing lyrical about EVERYTHING and pouring faux praise over it all is counter productive to the women's game and a discourtesy to the genuine class moments.

Just now, Lovecraft said:

Yeah, was guessing it must be a class thing.

Not sure if there is much money in it either.  Real money I mean.

When I lived in London my flatmate was a Cuban-American girl who played soccer, and she constantly went on about class and being "upper middle class". She was apparently a centre back - all 5'1" of her! Haha 

Chile forward took out the US defender and she just got up and got on with it! 

Do they not know they're supposed to roll around faking injury?

5 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Mcdonald isn't unless I'm colour blind 

Anyways the US are technically miles ahead of the two teams they have faced so far. 

Different challenge v Sweden as physically they will be more similar 

She came on at half time.  ?

5 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Also what I find really frustrating is the lack of criticism. It's obvious everyone has been given a message to talk up the women's game positively.

But if you are rightly going to give plaudits for the deft touches or impressive strikes etc you have to call it when it's poor as well.

Waxing lyrical about EVERYTHING and pouring faux praise over it all is counter productive to the women's game and a discourtesy to the genuine class moments.

Hope Solo clearly didn't get that memo then. Sounds like she's having a proper media but refreshingly not Twitter spat with Shelly Kerr about tactics!!!

That's a bit strange.

Not really that strange, its a cultural (?) Thing as well.

Generally in America sports like basketball and NFL have a high number of black participants

Some people would see soccer as something primarily white/Hispanic/Latin American would mainly support.

Take Ice hockey for example, long established in USA but very few black players.

It's something they consider when setting up sports franchises what neighborhoods are nearby etc

Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

Not a penalty outside the box and wasn't denying a goal scoring opportunity. 

Nonsense rule

Bazzas right boot

Ref ****ed that. 

Clearly outside. 

How can the ref call that after the VAR check. 

Refs that still get calls like that wrong should be booted. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Ref ****ed that. 

Clearly outside. 

How can the ref call that after the VAR check. 

Refs that still get calls like that wrong should be booted. 

It's like she felt obliged to rule it a penalty because she was called over to review. Didn't see her talking to the VAR team at all, just indicating that they were talking to her...

ToadKiller Dog

Supposed new rules is if its that close and the foul stops a clear goal scoring opportunity then a penalty can be given. 

But that was never a clear opportunity. 

We are all fecked celtic and rangers will get 5 pens a game when VAR comes 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It's like she felt obliged to rule it a penalty because she was called over to review. Didn't see her talking to the VAR team at all, just indicating that they were talking to her...

Thing is, more and more VAR is looking like it will become a tool to root out poor officials as well as help get Most (key word) decisions correct. 

With offside it looks very helpful. 

With penalties, human error is still making a farce of some of the decisions. 

They need to review what is and what isn't reviewed by the VAR team as well. 

This, I think is key. 

I'd go with a tennis system. 

Each team gets three chances and loses one when wrong. 

The manager calls for the review, not the VAR team. 

Puts the focus on the teams to call it and not waste them. Actually takes pressure away from the ref and VAR team as they don't Intiate it. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

48 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

If you've seen the Lucozade advert the girl says that very thing. 

ToadKiller Dog

Unless the bbc have a highlights show late on or on BBC I player I agree the post match stuff has been a bit lite. 

45,000 plus at the USA game - in France but not playing France.  That's extraordinary imo.  Womens football is big and only getting bigger.

That's assuming my celly app is accurate but it looked like a very big crowd.

Templeton Peck

USA penalty was given for the same reason as why Suso got the penalty in 1-5 Cup final.

Craig Thompson didn't need VAR

John Findlay
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

45,000 plus at the USA game - in France but not playing France.  That's extraordinary imo.  Womens football is big and only getting bigger.

That's assuming my celly app is accurate but it looked like a very big crowd.

Woman's football is huge in the USA. More women play football there than men.

12 hours ago, Alan_R said:

That's a very American thing. Watch their football or baseball and everything is great, no criticism at all