***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

It's not really hindsight though because I have been suggesting a settled lineup and formation for ages barring injuries and suspensions.

How could you have a settled line-up/formation with injuries/suspensions unless we have like-for-like replacements sitting on the bench and if we are not allowed 11 substitutes, how do you tell which players are going to get injured/sent off during a game?

It is hindsight and arrogance that you think your ideas and systems will work any better than the professionals.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

The Future's Maroon
3 hours ago, MaskedMarauder said:

That isn’t his Instagram. He doesn’t have an account on there according to his Mrs. Another fake account and that picture has got all the wee dafties in our support excited. It’s not happening 

Fair enough, I didn’t know that and was just regurgitating comments earlier today, I don’t do Instagram so wouldn’t know!

Hectormasson
31 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It may be the truth, or may not, but WTF has it got to do with a summer transfer thread?

Prob nothing ,nae big deal ....

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Might have missed this but I assume Olly Lee is staying given the English window is closed or can he move as a ‘free’ transfer?

I believe we can still officially release him early from his contract Dave.

He'd then be a free agent and would be able to sign for anyone ......

.......... I think .

1 minute ago, Busby8 said:

I believe we can still officially release him early from his contract Dave.

He'd then be a free agent and would be able to sign for anyone ......

.......... I think .

He could only sign for a club for whom the transfer window is currently open or if he remains unattached when that window closes. 

Alex Kintner
23 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Kyoto meshino

Man city forward on loan 

The 21-year-old Meshino, who came up through Gamba's youth system and made his J1 debut last year. This year, he has three goals in 12 games. Due to work permit issues, Meshino is set to be loaned out by City to a club outside Britain.

Eddie The Eagle
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

The 21-year-old Meshino, who came up through Gamba's youth system and made his J1 debut last year. This year, he has three goals in 12 games. Due to work permit issues, Meshino is set to be loaned out by City to a club outside Britain.

He was on a train on Saturday with head man city scout phil robinson on his way to Edinburgh on Saturday 

Us and 2 Dutch clubs are vying for his signature

Rudi Hates Hibees

Was the Japanese lad at the game on Saturday? 

I was at the Gorgie kids club and when leaving afterwards seen Austin speaking with a couple of Japanese guys and an older guy in the car park at the rear of the Wheatfield stand. 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Maybe ETE is the mate of the guy who posted on that thread though🤔🤔🤔🤣

and from the same forum, the obligatory YouTube video...

Guy looks quality. He would get zero protection from the referees though as like much of Scottish football it’s still in the 70’s when it comes to tackling etc.

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, Rudi Hates Hibees said:

Was the Japanese lad at the game on Saturday? 

I was at the Gorgie kids club and when leaving afterwards seen Austin speaking with a couple of Japanese guys and an older guy in the car park at the rear of the Wheatfield stand. 

Austin did play in Japan for three years, wonder what his grasp of the language still is.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Cygnet said:

He could only sign for a club for whom the transfer window is currently open or if he remains unattached when that window closes. 

Without wishing to seem like I'm having a go at any specific person, I'm continually perplexed that there are still football fans who haven't got the faintest idea how transfer windows work, and need this stuff explained to them, year after year!

Rudi Hates Hibees
12 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Is hat the guy you seen with Austin 

Yeah, pretty sure it was. He was with another Japanese guy of similar looking age. Also with an older guy, possibly Phil Robinson. 

Edited by Rudi Hates Hibees

24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Austin did play in Japan for three years, wonder what his grasp of the language still is.

Funnily enough I saw MacPhee at the Marriott at Heriot Watt meeting a Japanese woman a few weeks ago. 

Eddie The Eagle
14 minutes ago, Rudi Hates Hibees said:

Yeah, pretty sure it was. He was with another Japanese guy of similar looking age. Also with an older guy, possibly Phil Robinson. 

Did the other guy off similar age look anything like this guy?

sp-itakura-a-20190116.jpg

Byyy The Light
43 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Without wishing to seem like I'm having a go at any specific person, I'm continually perplexed that there are still football fans who haven't got the faintest idea how transfer windows work, and need this stuff explained to them, year after year!

In their defence, it was only in 2002-03 season so it’s only been 16 years 

Stephen Muddie
Just now, To Be Frank said:

That’s a handy comment to make.

Different strokes for different folks eh

WheatfieldWarrior
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

They should use Celtic's guy.

Rudi Hates Hibees
47 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Did the other guy off similar age look anything like this guy?

sp-itakura-a-20190116.jpg

Similar hair style but not 100% sure to be honest.

Berra than you
1 hour ago, Rudi Hates Hibees said:

There were two Japanese guys in the box in the mainstand on Saturday. That photo looks very similar to one of them 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

How could you have a settled line-up/formation with injuries/suspensions unless we have like-for-like replacements sitting on the bench and if we are not allowed 11 substitutes, how do you tell which players are going to get injured/sent off during a game?

It is hindsight and arrogance that you think your ideas and systems will work any better than the professionals.

I said barring injuries and suspensions. You are just being ridiculous as usual with your attempted smart remarks.

Of course you don't know who is going to get injured or sent off during a game that is not what I was talking about it was the constant changes he makes to players and tactics.

Of course you can't have 11 subs on the bench but I tell you  he has signed 5 already with possibly another 1 or 2 to come in so he has signed  nearly two thirds of a whole team not bad  for a manger who only wanted to sign one or two players.

You of all people should know what I have been posting about because you are constantly challenging what I write so you should be well aware that I have been suggesting this for a long time so how can that be hindsight?

If you think that is arrogant then that's up to you. I am giving my honest view on how I think we could improve which is really what forums like this are all about is it not.

3 hours ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Is hat the guy you seen with Austin 

Is that not the ausie bloke from the librarians? 

the-librarians-cast-img-720x405.jpg

Edited by Gav M

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I said barring injuries and suspensions. You are just being ridiculous as usual with your attempted smart remarks.

I know you did and I have tried to tell you that matters such as injuries and suspensions prevent you from doing that.  You can't just takes injuries and suspensions out of the equation to suit your anti CL rant.  If you have 3 or 4 injuries at the same time, as we did with key players last season, how can get any semblance of continuity and avoid what you call tinkering. 

Of course you don't know who is going to get injured or sent off during a game that is not what I was talking about it was the constant changes he makes to players and tactics.

He makes constant changes I guess because he has to.  2 of the back 4 out from the previous week means a good rethink of wherher we go 3 at the back which is a change of formation or, bring in Clevid etc etc.  I'll bet he would love to have a settled team but he has seldom had that luxury for ages.  Even on Saturday he was missing from the squad Souttar, Garruccio, Haring, Hickey, and God knows who else.

Of course you can't have 11 subs on the bench but I tell you  he has signed 5 already with possibly another 1 or 2 to come in so he has signed  nearly two thirds of a whole team not bad  for a manger who only wanted to sign one or two players.

So you want him to tell the world exactly what our plans are.  Grow up.  I don't know when he said that but Djoum has left and Lee is likely to go from MF alone.  Also if he doesn't do something about a keeper you'll be the first to complain.  Do you want his words etched in concrete with no flexibility?

You of all people should know what I have been posting about because you are constantly challenging what I write so you should be well aware that I have been suggesting this for a long time so how can that be hindsight?

I of all people do know what you've been posting about and it's the same song you sing every time.  Just because you keep sayong it doesn;t make it right and nobody at the club will probably listen to you anyway.

If you think that is arrogant then that's up to you. I am giving my honest view on how I think we could improve which is really what forums like this are all about is it not.

And I am giving my honest reply which is also what forums are about. Do you think I don't want us to improve?  Write to Mrs Budge with your CV if you think you can do better than our current management who incidentally I believe do make mistakes but the man who never made a mistake, probably also never made a decision.

It’s a different panel up here for a permit is it not? Not saying it would do us any favours.

The other thing is, how have Man City signed him without getting a work permit? Doesn’t seem right....

Colonel Kurtz
9 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

That is now what about a ponts based system

16 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Aye. If the brain works faster it’s a bigger benefit. 

Cohesion isn’t borne out of blistering pace.  Plenty players with pace out there who lack a genuinely good footballing brain. It’s finding the balance I suppose in having fast players and intelligence in possession. 

Obviously pace helps but we have the conundrum just now of having it dotted about the team but lacking craft to complement it.  

Agbonlahor made a career out of being a fast runner.

He was a terrible football player and thick as mince.