***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

My dad supported Dundee all his life. My first ever football match was at Dens Park.

I still like to see them do well.

As I said, fair enough.

If my father in law and best pal were rabid SevCo fans, I still wouldn’t be going to Ibrokes wearing their colours to boot.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So he's not allowed to shake hands with the opposition? That's a weird outlook to have.

And you mean this picture? Look at the caption ffs.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.fd4b88fbd07dca4dce77341b7ea586dd.jpeg

Gary Mason, Gary Locke and Ryan McGowan were all contracted to a rival club at the time. I doubt there was much outcry from Kilmarnock, Dundee or Dunfermline fans at the time. I'm sure there are other examples of a player contracted by a club, going to watch a different club in that league. It's hardly a big deal to anyone who has the ability to think.

Your point about running down his contract would be valid if the photo was taken around the time of the speculation. But it wasn't, so it's completely pointless. 

Jamie Walker is a Hearts supporter. His whole family supports Hearts.

I'm not saying he isn't a Hearts fan but there is  difference between a son and son in law going to a game and a contracted Hearts player going to a rivals ground in thier colours and how that could be seen. 

A- could lead to  questions about the football team he supports. 

B- loyalty to his club

It is in no way clear. In fact it questions his Hearts fan status and the loyalty to the club. 

Gary locke  is a Hearts fan, he went to watch Hearts. Jamie walker a Hearts fan and  went to watch rangers. They are different. 

And the question you avoided - 

How would you feel if it was celtic colours?

Answer that. 

7 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Some  posters on here just post to moan. 

Whether it is at Hearts, the players, posters, the vast majority of their posts are negative. 

Really is making this place a chore. 

Daz gives a bit info, something interesting and folk have a dig. 

Just because we are interested does not mean that if we don't sign the player we never where or the info was  shite. Players will have options and shock- horror might choose another team. 

A fact folk seem to miss. 

Aye i like a moan to be fair I'm working on it though 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

As I said, fair enough.

If my father in law and best pal were rabid SevCo fans, I still wouldn’t be going to Ibrokes wearing their colours to boot.

No normal fan would tbh. 

Maybe a foreign team, lower league team. But from a Hearts point of view definitely not hibs, rangers, celtic or Aberdeen.

From a Hearts player point of view... 

I remember your boy in the celtic end a few years ago. 

The sad thing is, that if it was celtic colours, walkers defenders would be a lot less on here, because it's Rangers some think it's OK and put up a defence. 

I personally would take him back, but I can see why some people don't like him after his social media antics and that photo. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Phil Dunphy
12 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'm not saying he isn't a Hearts fan but there is  difference between a son and son in law going to a game and a contracted Hearts player going to a rivals ground in thier colours and how that could be seen. 

A- could lead to  questions about the football team he supports. 

B- loyalty to his club

It is in no way clear. In fact it questions his Hearts fan status and the loyalty to the club. 

Gary locke  is a Hearts fan, he went to watch Hearts. Jamie walker a Hearts fan and  went to watch rangers. They are different. 

And the question you avoided - 

How would you feel if it was celtic colours?

Answer that. 

I wouldn't be that bothered. What players do in their spare time is up to them, I'm sure some Hearts players have been to Celtic Park in their spare time at one point or another. Connor Smith, for example.

By your own admissions, Gary Lockes loyalty to Kilmarnock was questionable because he'd go and watch Hearts. Same with Gowser. 

Phil Dunphy

For the record, I'm not clamouring for Jamie Walker to be brought back to Hearts. I just think it's ****ing ridiculous to claim the boy isn't a Hearts supporter because he went to a Rangers game with his Rangers supporting father-in-law.

Ridiculous, but not unexpected for Kickback.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I wouldn't be that bothered. What players do in their spare time is up to them, I'm sure some Hearts players have been to Celtic Park in their spare time at one point or another. Connor Smith, for example.

By your own admissions, Gary Lockes loyalty to Kilmarnock was questionable because he'd go and watch Hearts. Same with Gowser. 

So your OK if a player of ours goes and watches another team... rangers and celtic OK by you? 

I think your in the minority, but fair doos. 

Admissions.. Tad dramatic. It's a stone cold fact. Nothing to admit. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

So your OK if a player of ours goes and watches another team... rangers and celtic OK by you? 

You've spent the last few posts trying to justify Gary Locke going to watch Hearts while under contract at Bradford/Kilmarnock, while claiming it brings JWs loyalty to Hearts into question.

Admit it. It's just because it's Rangers, eh?

12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

For the record, I'm not clamouring for Jamie Walker to be brought back to Hearts. I just think it's ****ing ridiculous to claim the boy isn't a Hearts supporter because he went to a Rangers game with his Rangers supporting father-in-law.

11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I agree with both of you. Him going to Ibrox as a Hearts player wasn't bright (although it did occur at least a season or two before their tapping up started). Personally, I'd not allow it if I was Levein, but players are entitled to do as they wish in their free time provided it does not negatively impact the club. 

Him wearing a rangers scarf doesn't make him a hun. Its not something that needs to be explained either. His family are Hearts, he's Hearts, he was just at Ibrox with I assume friends. I know hibs and Hearts fans that have been to Ibrox, I know huns that have been to Tynecastle. Its just something to do on a Saturday, it doesn't mean they are now Hearts/Hibs/Celtic/rangers fans. 

I find it weird to go watch a team you don't support in the country of the team that you do support, but each to their own. 

jamboinglasgow
9 hours ago, Deevers said:

My tuppence worth for what it’s worth. I was speaking to a journalist last night who although he is not a sports journalist but has his ear pretty close to the ground when it comes to Hearts. He reckons that there will be a couple of announcements next week. He would’nt say who but did say that one would be a surprise. 

I can imagine that the surprise name would be Walker. 

12 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I hope this is true.. 

I hope it isn’t but I’m resigned to it happening now. Hope to **** he makes a go off it, but have serious doubts.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Was hoping for a good surprise. :(

Difference with Locke and Walker….Gary Locke is/was a Hearts fan anyway so it doesn't matter if he's playing for Killie or anyone else, you still support your club regardless. I remember seeing Scott Crabbe in the Hearts end with his hood fully tied up so no-one knew it was him as he was at Dundee Utd at the time. It was actually Dundee Utd we were playing against! Think the last ever game (or second last) before the shed was pulled down in summer of 1994.

Walker, if he is a Hearts fan, has gone to Ibrox wearing a Rangers scarf, that's the difference. If I went to another ground to watch a team, as a Hearts fan I definitely wouldn't wear any of the teams colours.

Clerry Jambo
23 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Spot on Phil. Oh and welcome back Jamie

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Difference with Locke and Walker….Gary Locke is/was a Hearts fan anyway so it doesn't matter if he's playing for Killie or anyone else, you still support your club regardless. I remember seeing Scott Crabbe in the Hearts end with his hood fully tied up so no-one knew it was him as he was at Dundee Utd at the time. It was actually Dundee Utd we were playing against! Think the last ever game (or second last) before the shed was pulled down in summer of 1994.

Walker, if he is a Hearts fan, has gone to Ibrox wearing a Rangers scarf, that's the difference. If I went to another ground to watch a team, as a Hearts fan I definitely wouldn't wear any of the teams colours.

He is.

This is a ****ing nonsense.

I don't even mind if he's at another teams game, players do that, but they don't go there wearing that clubs colours. If he was a Rangers fan, fair enough, if he's a Hearts fan there shouldn't have been a Rangers scarf roon his neck.

12 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He was being very coy about who. Walker on a loan deal or if he gets a pay off from Wigan would not surprise me.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

He is.

This is a ****ing nonsense.

Tbh, If he was a rangers fan it would make more sense.

The fact that he was a Hearts player and being a Hearts fan in the rangers end with a scarf makes the whole situation ridiculous and one that any intelligent person would avoid. 

I'd still take him back as it stands but he will have a bit of work to keep some on side and must start well or shouts of a certain nature will start quickly, and he's not helped himself. His social media posting was a shambles just before he left.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

The surprise isn't Jamie walker.

c'mon, who?

is it like a new a car when 17 surprise or a surprise jail sex type- surprise?

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Who you think it is ? 

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

c'mon, who?

is it like a new a car when 17 surprise or a surprise jail sex type- surprise?

Haven't been told who it is, or if it's a player or what...but I've been told theres a surprise coming next week and it's nothing to do with Jamie walker. (Who is almost certainly going to be back at hearts)

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, dazajmbo said:

Haven't been told who it is, or if it's a player or what...but I've been told theres a surprise coming next week and it's nothing to do with Jamie walker. (Who is almost certainly going to be back at hearts)

Cheers mate

7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Good news all round :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Sounds like something quite exciting then. The chap I was speaking to is an old time a Hearts supporter and he sounded very upbeat.  Bated breath then till the presser.

Edited by Deevers

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Did you wear a Dundee scarf when you went?

What's the point?

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Corners getting filled in

images (12).jpeg

“Surprise”

In my mind that word is more worrying or concerning than exciting. Or something that we will be underwhelmed with.

If it was exciting I’d have used the word “exciting”.

19 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Sounds like something quite exciting then. The chap I was speaking to is an old time a Hearts supporter and he sounded very upbeat.  Bated breath then till the presser.

Any clues or ideas?

TommiGronlund

Any chance this  thread can get back on topic? Any news? Surprised were linked with that Madron boy? Looks very similar play wise to uche? 

Ibrahim Tall
42 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbh, If he was a rangers fan it would make more sense.

The fact that he was a Hearts player and being a Hearts fan in the rangers end with a scarf makes the whole situation ridiculous and one that any intelligent person would avoid. 

I'd still take him back as it stands but he will have a bit of work to keep some on side and must start well or shouts of a certain nature will start quickly, and he's not helped himself. His social media posting was a shambles just before he left.

This.

Tbh I’d have less of an issue with Walker if he ‘was’ a rangers fan that went to a rangers game than I would an apparent Hearts fan and player going to Ibrox in Rangers colours. Going to watch a game of football is one thing, wearing another teams colours is weirdo behaviour.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

With no actual new signings yet 

We've already made our best signing of the summer , probably the best summer signing of any Scottish club outwith the Ersecheeks 

The whole Walker and who he supports always crops up on here and every time it does I state that he is family (albeit Mrs Homme) and supports Hearts. 

Yet some folk still choose to ignore this. 

47 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Change of manager surprise?

tartofmidlothian
10 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Craig was part of the group that discussed it. 

9 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was told that Craig Levein made some comments about two or three names, all former players, who were mentioned as potential replacements for him, at a club golf outing (some sort of player/fan team event) out at Dalmahoy last month.

I reckon CL would be a big loss as DOF, no matter what fans think of his coaching. An experienced head coach who gets the club and doesn't mind working under him is the only way to move on with that continuity, and an ex-player like McCann or Robbo would be the solution to that.

Or Pressley. :whistling:

10 hours ago, Deevers said:

My tuppence worth for what it’s worth. I was speaking to a journalist last night who although he is not a sports journalist but has his ear pretty close to the ground when it comes to Hearts. He reckons that there will be a couple of announcements next week. He would’nt say who but did say that one would be a surprise. 

Would Josh Magennis qualify as a surprise?

I know this isn't an exclusive but I bumped into a former manager of his last weekend and he told me he was signing for Hearts.

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Would Josh Magennis qualify as a surprise?

I know this isn't an exclusive but I bumped into a former manager of his last weekend and he told me he was signing for Hearts.

I actually would be okay with us signing McGennis. He’s an established international and should do okay up here

34 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Any clues or ideas?

None what so ever. The guy I was speaking to was a journalist and was very coy about who. Just an inscrutable smile when I tried to get him to spill the beans.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

None what so ever. The guy I was speaking to was a journalist and was very coy about who. Just an inscrutable smile when I tried to get him to spill the beans.

No surprise if we start getting some good news now that season tickets have slowed down a bit ! Hopefully exciting week ahead 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Never tried hard enough, next time tickle those balls.

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Never tried hard enough, next time tickle those balls.

Tried plying him with drink  - cost me an arm and a leg. The guy must have had hollow legs.