***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

The fact that it's all this hush hush, says to me there is something very big about to happen. Hope its positive.

Got a feeling Levein will step back upstairs and a new man will take charge 

Nothing but a feeling 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Got a feeling Levein will step back upstairs and a new man will take charge 

Nothing but a feeling 

This would have happened before now.

Holyrood_Hearts

I can’t see it being a new manager. We’ve had 5 weeks or so to make this change & would be completely irresponsible for the club to do it now.

Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I can’t see it being a new manager. We’ve had 5 weeks or so to make this change & would be completely irresponsible for the club to do it now.

Unless it's someone who's been spending the last couple of weeks with Levein out the public eye (unlikely I know)

3 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Unless it’s all been arranged and agreed behind the scenes and just not announced before now. Perhaps for contractural reasons. 

Pure speculation not remotely ITK 

Edit - poster above got in before me 

Edited by cocobeab

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Eamonn was certainly not at the peak of his career but was a good addition imo.

It used to really irritate me seeing him being so good at Utd. ?

They certainly got the peak eh. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They certainly got the peak eh. 

40 years ago that he left us to go to Chelsea. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

40 years ago that he left us to go to Chelsea. ?

Making me feel old Dave  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Still hoping we've sold our souls for a few million Dinar's. Then we can look forward to winning free flights in fan competitions to the UAE, as part of our new multi-million pound stadium re-naming.

:pleasing:

(Aye, right. :( )

As long as it's not to Lithuania 

Holyrood_Hearts
14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Unless it's someone who's been spending the last couple of weeks with Levein out the public eye (unlikely I know)

I suppose if the rumours about McCann coming in (I hope not) or another manager then doing it now would be the time. 

Its a funny one as CL’s deal is up next summer & I can’t see him remaining as manager, although if we’re talking to potential replacements now as speculated on here I can’t  see someone hanging about for a season on us. 

Phil D. Corners
21 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Why 5 weeks? 

Holyrood_Hearts
6 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Why 5 weeks? 

Sorry since the cup final (nearer 3 weeks actually ??‍♂️)

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

A don't think it will be a new head coach but if it was how would it be irresponsible? There's squad there under contract and players don't actually return until Friday 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Chaps said:

Ryan Stevenson redeemed himself after the cup final.

Remember this place going into meltdown when he came back.  

He never claimed to be a hearts man though ! Walker disrespected the club who brought him up through the ranks 

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

A don't think it will be a new head coach but if it was how would it be irresponsible? There's squad there under contract and players don't actually return until Friday 

Especially if Levein was going back to DoF.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Still thinking aloud - it might be a tie up with a vaguely decent European club.

That would fit the words used so far.

We’ve obviously got previous with our USA youth club affiliation.

Dortmund. 

Getting 4 players on loan a season. 

?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Eamonn Bannon? 

Big Dave. 

Berra

Webster. 

I always said that what should have happened with Cathro was that he spent that first 6 months with Levein in the dugout.

Bed him in so that he got up to speed.

Might be some sort of similar type arrangement with a new “joint but assistant manager” - give somebody a years experience with Levein

Oh I don’t know - that’s my last muse on this one.

8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Might be some sort of similar type arrangement with a new “joint but assistant manager” - give somebody a years experience with Levein

Like Austin McCann maybe?

7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Still thinking aloud - it might be a tie up with a vaguely decent European club.

That would fit the words used so far.

We’ve obviously got previous with our USA youth club affiliation.

Not sure what that USA thing has done/will do for us TBH. 

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

This would have happened before now.

Why? Its only been 3 weeks since the cup final players and staff then take their 2 weeks holidays 

8 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

I think the announcement will have some correlation with Naismith. Player manager? 

The ITK poster said its not transfer related though. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

The ITK poster said its not transfer related though. 

Good point, forgetting he’s not officially a hearts player yet

15 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Give it a chance FFS - it’s been about 2 months and it is a youth player initiative 

Jesus...?

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

As far as I can see, the benefit is financial (clubs pay us for our advice and also create potential leads for future investment/sponsorship) and also to allow us greater access and knowledge of young US players for recruitment.

Obviously it stands to be seen if this works out for us but the club obviously thinks it will. Would love to sit down with whoever is in charge of this and find out more of what they believe the benefit is and how they think it will pan out.

Phil D. Corners
4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Ahh, I get you. 

But, as  someone else posted, maybe Budge spoke to Levein after the cup final to go and have a think. I’m thinking Ann is not the woman who would ask before as it would distract Levein, and let him have time to think about it would show a lot more respect. 

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Why? Its only been 3 weeks since the cup final players and staff then take their 2 weeks holidays 

Do you not think these discussions would have taken place well before now ? Would it be good planning to announce a new manager the same week the players come back....fantasy stuff for me.

42 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

As far as I can see, the benefit is financial (clubs pay us for our advice and also create potential leads for future investment/sponsorship) and also to allow us greater access and knowledge of young US players for recruitment.

Obviously it stands to be seen if this works out for us but the club obviously thinks it will. Would love to sit down with whoever is in charge of this and find out more of what they believe the benefit is and how they think it will pan out.

?

Thanks. Better answer than Jammy T’s. 

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Announcement will be free face painting for category A games?

Hope it's not the same company Rangers still owe money to

The Future's Maroon
12 hours ago, DC_92 said:

:lol:

Absolutely shameless.

Can I ask why you quoted me?

I have said a few times before, I will share the odd thing, can't share everything.

Idiots (like me) sometimes post too much info and it can come back to bite them.

It's a privilege to hear and share little bits. I certainly don't do it for kudos points on here, I share what I am allowed too.

And for the record the shit Daz gets on here is frightening, he has contacts, he doesn't share everything he hears either, like others who have people telling them things. 

Yet when he (or anyone else) lets a wee rumour out they get shot down in flames? 

Is it jealousy because someone is getting snippets any the moaners are not, cos it does happen?

2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I have said a few times before, I will share the odd thing, can't share everything.

Idiots (like me) sometimes post too much info and it can come back to bite them.

It's a privilege to hear and share little bits. I certainly don't do it for kudos points on here, I share what I am allowed too.

And for the record the shit Daz gets on here is frightening, he has contacts, he doesn't share everything he hears either, like others who have people telling them things. 

Yet when he (or anyone else) lets a wee rumour out they get shot down in flames? 

Is it jealousy because someone is getting snippets any the moaners are not, cos it does happen?

:clap:

This, all day long.

7 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

In days gone by I knew folk at the club and posted a bit info a couple of times. Soon stopped as the abuse was ridic!

I even changed my username and went full Daniel Bryan heel turn. Or was it a face turn? Hard to tell!

I happen to like when Daz, Notts, yourself or others post a wee snippet. Ignore the noise, be braver than I was!!

3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

You've got the wrong end of the stick. I was laughing at Daza's usual tactic of repackaging something someone else has just said as his own.

As for the last part, I recognise that there are a some posters who do hear the odd thing and I appreciate that (perhaps you are one of them). I strongly suspect Daza is not one of them.

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

?

Thanks. Better answer than Jammy T’s. 

No worries.

I do think it will be a few years before we know if this has been a success or not. Though I glad the club is trying out of the box ideas.

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

You've got the wrong end of the stick. I was laughing at Daza's usual tactic of repackaging something someone else has just said as his own.

As for the last part, I recognise that there are a some posters who do hear the odd thing and I appreciate that (perhaps you are one of them). I strongly suspect Daza is not one of them.

He does get info. Your suspicions are incorrect. Repeating them over and over again is actually trolling tbh.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

In days gone by I knew folk at the club and posted a bit info a couple of times. Soon stopped as the abuse was ridic!

I even changed my username and went full Daniel Bryan heel turn. Or was it a face turn? Hard to tell!

I happen to like when Daz, Notts, yourself or others post a wee snippet. Ignore the noise, be braver than I was!!

I think people want to be the one who unmasked the (what they think) itk fraud. Some seem to not like people get attention and admiration on here for sharing info.

I have said before and I will say again that if you dont believe a poster as being itk, then ignore them. The abuse on here is unreal sometimes 

15 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Hear hear. Thanks to anyone who is prepared to post a snippet, a rumour or fact - some of the playground bullying type responses beggars belief at times but I guess that’s the nature of a forum.

As I’m a few thousand miles away, I appreciate the “gossip”. 

24 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Appreciate it TFM, Used to it now tbh. I know you recieve info and don't share everything you hear, same as myself, although plenty on here continue to be idiots. I think far more people would prefer genuine snippets that may or may not come off, than nothing at all. 

12 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Do me a favour, prove I'm not, or better yet just press the ignore button on me. You are one of the ones who always tries to call me out, but I'm looking forward to proving you and any other haters wrong. AGAIN

8 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He does get info. Your suspicions are incorrect. Repeating them over and over again is actually trolling tbh.

?

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I think people want to be the one who unmasked the (what they think) itk fraud. Some seem to not like people get attention and admiration on here for sharing info.

I have said before and I will say again that if you dont believe a poster as being itk, then ignore them. The abuse on here is unreal sometimes 

? ignore button clearly not used enough on here by some.

Edited by dazajmbo
Typo

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Appreciate it TFM, Used to it now tbh. I know you recieve info and don't share everything you hear, same as myself, although plenty on here continue to be idiots. I think far more people would prefer genuine snippets that may or may not come off, that nothing at all. 

Do me a favour, prove I'm not, or better yet just press the ignore button on me. You are one of the ones who always tries to call me out, but I'm looking forward to proving you and any other haters wrong

?

? ignore button clearly not used enough on here by some.

?

Well said. 

Keep it coming daza. Gossip’s one of the main reasons I visit this forum. 

I don’t know why Levein keeps going after giant strikers, we need a wee speedy striker that’s good on the ball. 

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Ignore the shite. 

The Future's Maroon
32 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Apologies, he wasn’t jumping on my bandwagon but I see what you meant now, even if wrong on this occasion . It wasn’t meant as a dig at you, more the general masses.

I have spoke with Daz privately and he has the same folk telling him the same shit I get, the grief handed out to him is tedious.

millerjames398
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Eamonn was certainly not at the peak of his career but was a good addition imo.

It used to really irritate me seeing him being so good at Utd. ?

Eamonn bannon shoots like a cannon na na na na na?...i liked bannon, i wasnt old enough to remember him 1st time round ,think he went to Chelsea the year i was born?

But i remember him scoring some good goals for us ,one down at Easter rd, in a 1 1 draw, and a bullet finish v Falkirk, last day of season under Jordan, helped us got into Europe, that and hibs doin us a turn at darkhead????

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Eamonn bannon shoots like a cannon na na na na na?...i liked bannon, i wasnt old enough to remember him 1st time round ,think he went to Chelsea the year i was born?

But i remember him scoring some good goals for us ,one down at Easter rd, in a 1 1 draw, and a bullet finish v Falkirk, last day of season under Jordan, helped us got into Europe, that and hibs doin us a turn at darkhead????

Yip, great both times he was with us. Sadly, we missed his best years. 

millerjames398
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, great both times he was with us. Sadly, we missed his best years. 

Yeah he played a massive part in united success at home and abroad in the 80s, but i still thought he done a turn when i watched him, scored some big goals for us in our run to the qtrs in 88/89 as well..

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Yeah he played a massive part in united success at home and abroad in the 80s, but i still thought he done a turn when i watched him, scored some big goals for us in our run to the qtrs in 88/89 as well..

Yes, a good signing.