• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Interesting news next week, so I have been told.

Not really just joining in.

The Future's Maroon
25 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Interesting news next week, so I have been told.

Not really just going in.

This one certainly doing the rounds the last 24hrs 

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

This one certainly doing the rounds the last 24hrs 

Rumours of incoming transfers ? I suppose it’s hardly earth shattering news eh.

Rocky jamboa
4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So he's not allowed to shake hands with the opposition? That's a weird outlook to have.

And you mean this picture? Look at the caption ffs.

The first point - BEFORE a game? When there are rumours of them being interested in you? It doesn't look the best. It isn't your usual end of game pleasant hand shake. 

2nd point - again, rumours of a club being after you and the majority of your picture is rangers flags?

Defend him all you want but the majority of fans will agree he was trying to engineer a move to rangers and was disrespectful to us. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Tried plying him with drink  - cost me an arm and a leg. The guy must have had hollow legs.

as I said, tickle the balls!

?

GorgieRules22
35 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

The surprise is a player before God tells you.

No way not a football player ?

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Right let's start guessing the surprise.

10bob to whoever closest.

Scott Brown new player manager

SN confirmed 

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Rumours of incoming transfers ? I suppose it’s hardly earth shattering news eh.

Nothing to do with any transfers

Edited by The Future's Maroon

3 hours ago, Homme said:

The whole Walker and who he supports always crops up on here and every time it does I state that he is family (albeit Mrs Homme) and supports Hearts. 

Yet some folk still choose to ignore this. 

He is. Dont know why folk say he isnt. 

Interesting 

Surprising

Still not getting the adrenaline flowing.

Sounds like news that will create a stir on here though.

The news is supposedly "very positive. Isn't transfer related can't say more than that"

Is the text I received 10 minutes ago. 

15 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Bit harsh on  Lee, Lee contributed a lot last season and far more than Wighton. 

He's no world beater but Contributed more than his fair share. 

Lee was poor last season along with the rest of the midfield

15 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He kissed their arse when the club were offering to make him our highest paid player and his posse spread false rumours about our offer being insulting. That le vel of disrespect is hars to forgive.

It isn't insurmountable and a fit and motivated JW would be quite an asset but he has it all to do IMO.

What signing or player doesn't have it all to do?

After he knocked back the contract he kept playing while levein picked the team there's a reason for that 

4 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Right let's start guessing the surprise.

10bob to whoever closest.

Scott Brown new player manager

I'm going to guess "significant" investment or player/other tie-in with a big name club.

45 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'm going to guess "significant" investment or player/other tie-in with a big name club.

New management team confirmed... 

8 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I reckon CL would be a big loss as DOF, no matter what fans think of his coaching. An experienced head coach who gets the club and doesn't mind working under him is the only way to move on with that continuity, and an ex-player like McCann or Robbo would be the solution to that.

Or Pressley. :whistling:

You are correct in terms of CL the DOF he knows the club inside out. He knows the youth players, he sees the majority of their games, he knows them well on a personal level and in many cases he knows their families. I that respect you can't underestimate or undervalue CL in terms of what he has given to this club since coming out of administration.

There will come a point where he needs to move on, when CL the manager leaves I'm not sure he can go back to being DOF. I probably lean towards him moving on in the not to distant football. But hopefully his legacy will be the youngsters that come through and add quality and an identity again to our squad. Connor Smith, wee Harry, Hickey, Chris Hamilton, Cammy Logan the potential for this is definitely there

4 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

The news is supposedly "very positive. Isn't transfer related can't say more than that"

We've finished the main stand ?

Season tickets have hit 13k ?

Levein will now play with 4 strikers ?

5 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

...and there's me thinking this was the transfer thread as well..... ?

Doh ?

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

We have bought the land behind the wheatfield

11 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

For what ???

Hope it is that. So much potential if we bought that. If you look at it on google maps, you can see the options we would have for future expansion and stadium regeneration. 

Phil Dunphy
8 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

The first point - BEFORE a game? When there are rumours of them being interested in you? It doesn't look the best. It isn't your usual end of game pleasant hand shake. 

2nd point - again, rumours of a club being after you and the majority of your picture is rangers flags?

Defend him all you want but the majority of fans will agree he was trying to engineer a move to rangers and was disrespectful to us. 

So you can now only shake the hand of the opposition after the game? Best let every single player in the Champions League know then :laugh: When Caixinha offered him a handshake, he should've shouted "CONTRACTED TO HEARTS MATE" and stuck the head on him. 

The picture is of him in Hearts gear, before a Hearts game, talking about his return for Hearts after injury. And how it was a good point for Hearts away at Rangers. The sheer paranoia some people have around the Old Firm is, quite frankly, worrying.

The majority of fans can say what they want. IJ was pretty spot on with his 90% comment. You think he was trying to engineer a move to Rangers with a picture of him in Hearts training gear and shaking the hand of the then Rangers manager. You do understand how silly this sounds now you've said it, yeah?

Next week? I predict Naismith announced, Gordon back to Hearts, new away strip, Levein moving back to DoF, a couple of coaches away and some stadium update (land around Wheatfield as others suggest)

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Next week? I predict Naismith announced, Gordon back to Hearts, new away strip, Levein moving back to DoF, a couple of coaches away and some stadium update (land around Wheatfield as others suggest)

Next week I predict..... nothing. No news. 

Are the annual accounts due out? Possibly very favourable figures. (This would be a bit boring though like getting a shite Christmas present...) 

6 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

More money being made available for the womens team.

::troll::

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, mscjambo said:

You are correct in terms of CL the DOF he knows the club inside out. He knows the youth players, he sees the majority of their games, he knows them well on a personal level and in many cases he knows their families. I that respect you can't underestimate or undervalue CL in terms of what he has given to this club since coming out of administration.

There will come a point where he needs to move on, when CL the manager leaves I'm not sure he can go back to being DOF. I probably lean towards him moving on in the not to distant football. But hopefully his legacy will be the youngsters that come through and add quality and an identity again to our squad. Connor Smith, wee Harry, Hickey, Chris Hamilton, Cammy Logan the potential for this is definitely there

I get and agree with the sentiment you state. My only point would be that I think it is too early on in the process for CL to relinquish the Academy role.  We haven't really seen the consistent 'production line' of 1st team talent come to fruition - that would be another 5 years or so.

6 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

What I was told was a couple of announcements next week and one would be a surprise. The chap I spoke to would not say any more being a journalist and citing confidentiality.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

What I was told was a couple of announcements next week and one would be a surprise. The chap I spoke to would not say any more being a journalist and citing confidentiality.  

Big week coming up by sounds of things ! These announcements, players back Friday and league fixtures out Friday 

AlphonseCapone
11 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

This.

Tbh I’d have less of an issue with Walker if he ‘was’ a rangers fan that went to a rangers game than I would an apparent Hearts fan and player going to Ibrox in Rangers colours. Going to watch a game of football is one thing, wearing another teams colours is weirdo behaviour.

Aye but some other lad on here has done it so everyone on JKB is just being an arsehole for calling it out. 

Putting aside his dubious scarf choices, when was the last time he was playing well? Be good if we signed players who were actually good now, not were good years ago or will be good in years time. 

8 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye but some other lad on here has done it so everyone on JKB is just being an arsehole for calling it out. 

Putting aside his dubious scarf choices, when was the last time he was playing well? Be good if we signed players who were actually good now, not were good years ago or will be good in years time. 

To be honest I think folk are a bit fed up of “project players”. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

To be honest I think folk are a bit fed up of “project players”. 

Ain’t that the truth

10 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Plans for the 2nd floor of the Main Stand announced? 

Or perhaps a sponsorship deal for the stand/stadium. 

Edited by Manny1874

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Hope it is that. So much potential if we bought that. If you look at it on google maps, you can see the options we would have for future expansion and stadium regeneration. 

Agreed huge potential there for almost anything

Could really do with a couple of signings coming in next week I'm a big believer in getting them in early doors to give them the best chance to A integrate with the squad and B maximise their fitness 

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So you can now only shake the hand of the opposition after the game? Best let every single player in the Champions League know then :laugh: When Caixinha offered him a handshake, he should've shouted "CONTRACTED TO HEARTS MATE" and stuck the head on him. 

The picture is of him in Hearts gear, before a Hearts game, talking about his return for Hearts after injury. And how it was a good point for Hearts away at Rangers. The sheer paranoia some people have around the Old Firm is, quite frankly, worrying.

The majority of fans can say what they want. IJ was pretty spot on with his 90% comment. You think he was trying to engineer a move to Rangers with a picture of him in Hearts training gear and shaking the hand of the then Rangers manager. You do understand how silly this sounds now you've said it, yeah?

The only silly person in all this is Jamie Walker. At best, very poor errors of judgement. And you seem to be one of the only people who doesn't see his actions as disrespectful. 

pettigrewsstylist

Should i be unrealistic and wish for 2 established LBs??

Thats been a farce imo!

35 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Agreed huge potential there for almost anything

New stand that faces both ways, increased capacity for the men, and a smaller one facing the community pitch where we could play women’s games and reserves. Paid for by benefactors and FoH money. Pitch widened at same time. ??‍♂️

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

Are the annual accounts due out? Possibly very favourable figures. (This would be a bit boring though like getting a shite Christmas present...) 

Year end is 30 June, unless it is the interims.

Edited by DETTY29

39 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

Or perhaps a sponsorship deal for the stand/stadium. 

Ann Budge Arena £10 million cash injection. All to be spent on the squad.

9 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Nothing to do with any transfers

7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

:lol:

Absolutely shameless.

pettigrewsstylist
56 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Plans for the 2nd floor of the Main Stand announced? 

High end sauna. Floor to ceiling glass. Calling it the Romanov lounge. Can watch the match from your personalised hottub.

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

:lol:

Absolutely shameless.

Absolutely.

Its a strange and random text to receive at around 2am on a Sunday morning.

7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Yassssssss

We are filling in the corners........

Phil Dunphy
44 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The only silly person in all this is Jamie Walker. At best, very poor errors of judgement. And you seem to be one of the only people who doesn't see his actions as disrespectful. 

I guess I'm just not as sensitive as you are.