***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

The fact that it's all this hush hush, says to me there is something very big about to happen. Hope its positive.

Just speculating but the lack of transfer activity to date could suggest significant changes to management/coaching staff. If changes are likely would have been silly to make any signings. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

41 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Might be Neil McCann yet ! A know you first said this but the amount of times heard it since makes me think there's something In it because rumour just won't go away 

That's not the case - loads of people were saying it beforehand.

It would be a bit of a stretch to describe McCann becoming our new manager as "very positive" anyway.

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It would be a bit of a stretch to describe McCann becoming our new manager as "very positive" anyway.

According to the football experts on here a couple of weeks ago 90% of our fans would see anyone but CL as progress. Progress usually generates a bit of excitement and positivity. 

Edited by soonbe110

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

McCann wouldn't be positive in my opinion but it's rumour that's not going away so could be something in it but hope not 

Hearts back for pre season on Friday.  

Its obvious to say any announcements on coaching staff changes (if happening)would be quite soon. 

Edited by Debut 4

In all honesty, it's very possible Budge told Levein to go off and reflect for a couple of weeks and decide if he's up to another year, partly considering his health. It is possible we have a replacement lined up and Levein might consider he's met his remit of building a spine for the next person, especially after sealing the Naismith signing (assuming that's happening). Don't think so, but as this is a speculation thread, who knows?

The fact that it's all this hush hush, says to me there is something very big about to happen. Hope its positive.

Yasss Daza

Half time pie

Skinny just posted photo of baby with a hearts top and teddy beside him. Won’t let me upload photo from instagram!

2 minutes ago, Half time pie said:

Skinny just posted photo of baby with a hearts top and teddy beside him. Won’t let me upload photo from instagram!

Screenshot_20190616-164627_Instagram.jpg

4 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Well that suggests 1 of the 2 announcements this week

Dont see that one happening tbh.

8 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

I get and agree with the sentiment you state. My only point would be that I think it is too early on in the process for CL to relinquish the Academy role.  We haven't really seen the consistent 'production line' of 1st team talent come to fruition - that would be another 5 years or so.

Totally understand exactly what you are getting at. My point would be that with him back as DOF you may not attract the widest array of candidates as some may not want to work under that said structure. Any new management team would always be questioned and have the question of CL interference undermining any decision they make regardless if he was or not.

I do genuinely think he has done wonders building the academy back up, it's a hard one because him as the manager still leaves much to be desired. Definitely not straight forward

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Dont see that one happening tbh.

Unless there’s a change of management.  Levein doesn’t give people who seriously let him down second chances. 

PaulHartley10

I know Naismith is biding his time until July before signing but I was intrigued by his comments that it wasn't a typical/usual contract.

It definitely feels like something is happening in the background. I'd even wager we've already signed some players already.

Naismith on the coaching staff? Are we waiting on Shelley Kerr to join the coaching staff after the world cup?

We're waiting on something.

17 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Screenshot_20190616-164627_Instagram.jpg

Think we know where David wants to be :D Would welcome him back with open arms, exactly who we need. 

Hopefully if its a loan we can sort out some sort of clause that allows us to buy him if Hull realise he's probably not making it down there. 

tokyowalnut
7 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

I know Naismith is biding his time until July before signing but I was intrigued by his comments that it wasn't a typical/usual contract.

It definitely feels like something is happening in the background. I'd even wager we've already signed some players already.

Naismith on the coaching staff? Are we waiting on Shelley Kerr to join the coaching staff after the world cup?

We're waiting on something.

Personally, I think there is going to be a big change. We have usually had some sort of statement/season review from Anne by now. I'm quite happy with Craig to stay another season, but equally happy if someone new is coming in. But, Shelly Kerr? She's an amateur coach (if you are being serious)!! 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Unless there’s a change of management.  Levein doesn’t give people who seriously let him down second chances. 

Yeah, I can't see Levein just letting it go that he had pretty much arranged the fee and wages for him.

Pretty sure he maxed the offer too.

4 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Personally, I think there is going to be a big change. We have usually had some sort of statement/season review from Anne by now. I'm quite happy with Craig to stay another season, but equally happy if someone new is coming in. But, Shelly Kerr? She's an amateur coach (if you are being serious)!! 

I'd take Kerr in a heartbeat. Both on and off the field ?

PaulHartley10
3 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Coaching staff, not manager! ?

It was just a suggestion. Hearts and Budge are trying to lead the way, if we were ever going to have a female coach you couldn't do worse than a Hearts fan that's just led them to a world cup.

I doubt it'll happen, just thinking of reasons for no announcements on anything. 

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

? what ever floats your boat looks and sounds like Steven pressley 

tokyowalnut
Just now, PaulHartley10 said:

It was just a suggestion. Hearts and Budge are trying to lead the way, if we were ever going to have a female coach you couldn't do worse than a Hearts fan that's just led them to a world cup.

I doubt it'll happen, just thinking of reasons for no announcements on anything. 

? Haha fair enough, she could head up coaching for all of the female teams?! 

There are some on here that would prefer her to Craig!

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Is that a hint (Jason Kerr, St J)?

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Not a massive fan of players coming back. Only worked with Rudi and Robbo.

Dave mcpherson

4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Donkey Dave and JC 

In more recent times..... Stevo 

7 minutes ago, PaulHartley10 said:

Can't make up my mind on whether this idea has been plucked from and influenced by Joseph Goebbels "encyclopaedia of successful football managers" or Hans Christian Andersen's "keiserens nye klæder". 

MaskedMarauder

Jamie Walker’s sister already moaning on Twitter about Hearts fans and why we are so deluded in thinking Jamie wouldn’t be the best player in our team. Cue the replies from the spice boys friends backing her up. 

Seriously why are we even taking him back? Average player and very boring friends/family off the field. Zzzz

?

I would actually laugh my head off if it was to be Neil McCann, after all the stick I've got for it (I'm not saying that's what it will be)

Steven Maclean GIRUY'S all round 

It's one of the comments that validate your posts for me

Some people don't seem to get that not everything will come off. I appreciate the wee titbits, if nothing else it's great to discuss a rumour or hear bit of potential info.

Should imagine that nothing will happen this week and by this time next week we will have another ITK with news of a “major announcement by the club imminent “. As the actor said I’ve seen less bullshit on real bullshit.

5 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Moyes ?

Nope. Would keep Levein ahead of this ‘bigger name’. Moyes wouldn’t give a shit about us.

been here before
2 hours ago, Dunks said:

Couple of snippets about Billie Piper, but otherwise no.

Cheers..

Leveins going nowhere and he's already said there's not much going to be happening. But some rockets have dragged that out to 43 pages and counting.

:rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The great thing about these threads and I love them and hate them in equal measure. 

Nobody is sure until the club announce it to us all at the same time. 

Maybe Ann is sitting on the pot right now thinking about any which deal having a right giggle as she breaks one off 

10 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Struggling to think of any players who returned that weren’t good!

Michael Stewart and bang on topic -  Neil McCann’s second spell wasn’t great 

23 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So he's not allowed to shake hands with the opposition? That's a weird outlook to have.

And you mean this picture? Look at the caption ffs.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpeg.fd4b88fbd07dca4dce77341b7ea586dd.jpeg

Gary Mason, Gary Locke and Ryan McGowan were all contracted to a rival club at the time. I doubt there was much outcry from Kilmarnock, Dundee or Dunfermline fans at the time. I'm sure there are other examples of a player contracted by a club, going to watch a different club in that league. It's hardly a big deal to anyone who has the ability to think.

Your point about running down his contract would be valid if the photo was taken around the time of the speculation. But it wasn't, so it's completely pointless. 

Jamie Walker is a Hearts supporter. His whole family supports Hearts.

I agree there's no harm in players going to watch the team they actually support when they are free to do so.

Jamie was only doing the same as Gary Locke,Ryan McGowan and Gary Mason that is going to see the team they support.

What's the problem ?

I hope if he does come back to Hearts he is not getting a penny more than what was offered to him before.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Bannon, Colquhoun, Webster and Berra all did well too.

17 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Andy Webster too. Struggling to think of any players who returned that weren’t good!

robbo, JC, disco Dave, Bannon, Rudi, Stevo, Webster etc. all successes. ?

Forgot about Webster.

Speaking of webster, his return divided hearts fans even more than Walker's (if he does come back) and he turned out to be an outstanding signing.

Iirc, certain posters on here couldn't even bring themselves to refer to him by his name and referred to him as "number 6" instead for a long time after he returned.

If Webster can do it so can walker imo 

15 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Michael Stewart and bang on topic -  Neil McCann’s second spell wasn’t great 

True, McCann was unlucky to get a bad injury straight after returning. Wonder how much difference that would have made

davemclaren
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Eamonn Bannon? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Eamonn Bannon? 

I didn't think so. Nor John Colquhoun. Both were far better first time. 

Dave McPherson was the one that kept improving 

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I didn't think so. Nor John Colquhoun. Both were far better first time. 

Dave McPherson was the one that kept improving 

Eamonn was certainly not at the peak of his career but was a good addition imo.

It used to really irritate me seeing him being so good at Utd. ?

2 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

We can dream !!!

Skinny like JW Made their own beds

Now they can lie in it 

Grass is not always greener