Scrapping in the South Stand Upper

communist

Calebs Grandad
On 27/05/2019 at 11:04, Haringshairband said:

It's really getting tedious. I'm an atheist. Could not give a **** about union jacks,tri colours, the queen etc but I don't get offended by people singing about it. It's a bit tragic. 

????

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lloydy18

• Hectormasson

• Jambo 4 Ever

• been here before

Phil Dunphy
4 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

last season - all home games and about 7 away

Have you posted in the thread praising our supporters yet?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Have you posted in the thread praising our supporters yet?

not yet but may well do.  I don't see what the big issue is

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

not yet but may well do.  I don't see what the big issue is

No issue.

Just find it a little strange that you're all over this thread slamming the Hearts supporters and trying to prove you're a PHM for going to 7 away games this season, while completely ignoring a thread talking about the good aspect of the supporters on Saturday.

I doubt I'm alone in thinking that.

Governor Tarkin
21 hours ago, Lloydy18 said:

Guys, I emailed the Club with list of all the incidents I was aware of.  Suggested Ann Budge (who wants Hearts to be the most family friendly club in Scotland) needs to stand with a mic  in the centre circle at Tynie, opening game of next season and clearly state what our club stands for and does not stand for.  Saw it all, Billy Boys, the  peado chants, the  fighting , parents guarding their kids,  Union Jacks with anti catholic chants. Too many people say it’s just a few idiots. Well let’s not pretend, it’s not. 

What, no racism?

Disappointing.

What has happened to our once fantastic support?

:(

Governor Tarkin
9 hours ago, kila said:

A few maroon items in that photo not a lot else. Says a lot. 

What does it say, mate?

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, Zico said:

He’s done a good job turning a thread criticising Celtic fans into one criticising Hearts fans.

That's because there are too many lily-livered, outrage bandits on on this board who can't wait to put the boot into Hearts fans who don't fit with their imaginary ideal. 

It's funny watching intolerance go full circle then disappear up it's own arsehole.

When are we going to empty the peado defenders and spoon burners. Since Saturday they've been crawling all over the board like maggots.

Old Hearts

Anyone on here remember the good old days, where you could have a few drinks before a cup final? Then you could go to the game and shout, sing and generally make noise to help encourage the team? ... Sometimes even the odd sweary word was said, or a slightly 'risky' song was sung. Usually this was just laughed off as a bit of 'exuberant' fun. (There were no pitch invasions and assaulting of opposition players or fans during this 'exuberance' ?).

This was all done without the fear of fellow supporters sitting there in their anoraks, notebook and pencil in hand, preparing their dossier of complaints to email the Club with as soon as they got home from the game.

In short....It was a cup final ffs. Let folk cut loose a little!!

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

When are we going to empty the peado defenders and spoon burners. Since Saturday they've been crawling all over the board like maggots.

Only since Saturday ?

Been here for a while, mate.

2 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Anyone on here remember the good old days, where you could have a few drinks before a cup final? Then you could go to the game and shout, sing and generally make noise to help encourage the team? ... Sometimes even the odd sweary word was said, or a slightly 'risky' song was sung. Usually this was just laughed off as a bit of 'exuberant' fun. (There were no pitch invasions and assaulting of opposition players or fans during this 'exuberance' ?).

This was all done without the fear of fellow supporters sitting there in their anoraks, notebook and pencil in hand, preparing their dossier of complaints to email the Club with as soon as they got home from the game.

Now you’ve gone and prolonged this thread by another 20 pages.  ?

Just now, Old Hearts said:

Not the good old days, always here and always will be days.

All the internet has done is give a voice to people who were routinely ridiculed before it’s inception !

?

11 minutes ago, Old Hearts said:

Thousands of us did just that on Saturday, O.H

:jjyay:

I love the Hearts support at their nasty, vociferous best.

I also never wore any colours just for shits n giggles.

Gorgie Rules.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Only since Saturday ?

Been here for a while, mate.

Maybe just seems a bit more obvious to me today 

34 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Maybe just seems a bit more obvious to me today 

They’re definitely more obvious after Saturday. 

Hectormasson
On 26/05/2019 at 18:20, been here before said:

Aided by folk on here with spare tickets to sell to any ***** that wants them.

Exactly,,utter cretins!!!!

Hectormasson
On 27/05/2019 at 08:56, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s just banter.

Exactly m8,its no very nice,,,but its banter ,to shove it up they ****s.

Hectormasson
On 27/05/2019 at 19:21, Jambojay84 said:

Whilst I commend you for bringing this to the attention of the club, may I ask if you’ve included all the incidents from our opponents? As I see no mention of this in your post 

F....g exactly !!!???

Hectormasson
On 27/05/2019 at 08:38, Sarah O said:

Yeap. She was just there to enjoy her day and was probably shitting it and visibly distressed. Really upsetting scenes. 

Nice if she could be recognised and maybe someone at hearts could invite her along to meet players or something along they lines ??

portobellojambo1
On 27/05/2019 at 19:13, Lloydy18 said:

Guys, I emailed the Club with list of all the incidents I was aware of.  Suggested Ann Budge (who wants Hearts to be the most family friendly club in Scotland) needs to stand with a mic  in the centre circle at Tynie, opening game of next season and clearly state what our club stands for and does not stand for.  Saw it all, Billy Boys, the  peado chants, the  fighting , parents guarding their kids,  Union Jacks with anti catholic chants. Too many people say it’s just a few idiots. Well let’s not pretend, it’s not. 

Can I ask where all of the incidents you are referring to happened. I was in C2, about half way down, and could see what was happening in the South Stand upper, no Union flags in evidence up there, in fact within the ground I only remember seeing one, which was near the front behind the goals. I think it appears that any fighting you are referring to took place up in the hospitality seating areas, and the guilty parties were Celtic fans, and it was, by all account kids within Heart families which were being targeted and protected. Hello Hello, I think I heard it once, maybe twice, the first time it didn't really get off the ground. The 2nd time it was just after they had gone 2-1 up, and it appeared to be a large part of the Hearts sections who were joining in. You may wish to approach Ann and go down the route of she denies access to HMFC fans when Celtic are the visitors to Tynecastle, in case they get offended in any way. Either that or grow a pair of balls.

9 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

last season - all home games and about 7 away

So just a part time fan then ?

5 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No issue.

Just find it a little strange that you're all over this thread slamming the Hearts supporters and trying to prove you're a PHM for going to 7 away games this season, while completely ignoring a thread talking about the good aspect of the supporters on Saturday.

I doubt I'm alone in thinking that.

You’re not alone PD. He’s always slagging off our support and at every opportunity now. Which in fact is ‘OUR’ support not ‘HIS’. Always looking for kudos to back up his PHM credentials. Gets rather tiresome all the time. Can’t ever recall a post from him praising ‘our’ support. Quick to stick the knife in and slag off our support at the first opportunity.

FWIW, I’m not a fan of bigotry or songs from the past but I was belting them out along with the other 20 thousand fans on Saturday and was quite proud of our support. The hooped vermin have been doing it for years with no retribution but heaven forbid when the gorgie billy boys gets an outing. 

been here before
20 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

So just a part time fan then ?

Im guessing a couple of those away games would be in Hamilton...

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Can I ask where all of the incidents you are referring to happened. I was in C2, about half way down, and could see what was happening in the South Stand upper, no Union flags in evidence up there, in fact within the ground I only remember seeing one, which was near the front behind the goals. I think it appears that any fighting you are referring to took place up in the hospitality seating areas, and the guilty parties were Celtic fans, and it was, by all account kids within Heart families which were being targeted and protected. Hello Hello, I think I heard it once, maybe twice, the first time it didn't really get off the ground. The 2nd time it was just after they had gone 2-1 up, and it appeared to be a large part of the Hearts sections who were joining in. You may wish to approach Ann and go down the route of she denies access to HMFC fans when Celtic are the visitors to Tynecastle, in case they get offended in any way. Either that or grow a pair of balls.

Thanks mate. We saw plenty Union flags all round our end ( in B1 - good view of our end) and being sold outside (because the sellers through there know there is a market fir them I guess).  One big flag right in front of us, guy giving it the old hello hello non stop. 

16 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

You’re not alone PD. He’s always slagging off our support and at every opportunity now. Which in fact is ‘OUR’ support not ‘HIS’. Always looking for kudos to back up his PHM credentials. Gets rather tiresome all the time. Can’t ever recall a post from him praising ‘our’ support. Quick to stick the knife in and slag off our support at the first opportunity.

FWIW, I’m not a fan of bigotry or songs from the past but I was belting them out along with the other 20 thousand fans on Saturday and was quite proud of our support. The hooped vermin have been doing it for years with no retribution but heaven forbid when the gorgie billy boys gets an outing. 

Hi back to the very first post mate. Read the first line. 

6 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

????

Right enough, it’s hard to take any offence to ‘up to your knees in fenian blood, surrender or you’ll die’ I suppose. What’s wrong with that?  Shocking even if you are an atheist.  By saying it doesn’t bother you,  I guess all the IRA crap that gets fired back by Celtic fans doesn’t bother you either. 

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, Lloydy18 said:

Right enough, it’s hard to take any offence to ‘up to your knees in fenian blood, surrender or you’ll die’ I suppose. What’s wrong with that?  Shocking even if you are an atheist.  By saying it doesn’t bother you,  I guess all the IRA crap that gets fired back by Celtic fans doesn’t bother you either. 

As you're talking about my post I'll answer. Nope none of that shite bothers me. It's all in the past and used to wind up other fans. It's childish mind numbing pish and people who get offended by it need to give themselves a shake. If that's the only thing you have to worry about in life you're doing very well.

26 minutes ago, Lloydy18 said:

Thanks mate. We saw plenty Union flags all round our end ( in B1 - good view of our end) and being sold outside (because the sellers through there know there is a market fir them I guess).  One big flag right in front of us, guy giving it the old hello hello non stop. 

From the TV, the Union Jacks were visible as were a good few Northern Irish flags too. It's the latter which irks me, I mean why is *that* being associated with our club?

12 minutes ago, Lloydy18 said:

Can I just say that as someone who might be described by others as a 'fenian', it matters not a toss to me in a football context. It's entirely different from normal interactions ...it's just tribal nonsense which means f all.

Just renewed by the way, more enthused by team AND SUPPORT on Saturday than I had imagined possible 

3 minutes ago, Deodato said:

From the TV, the Union Jacks were visible as were a good few Northern Irish flags too. It's the latter which irks me, I mean why is *that* being associated with our club?

There are more than a few Northern Irish lads in the team and staff. Don't really want to stray into flag debates though as they're all about fixed opinions and go nowhere.

6 minutes ago, stan said:

There are more than a few Northern Irish lads in the team and staff. Don't really want to stray into flag debates though as they're all about fixed opinions and go nowhere.

Neither do I want to stray into the debate, but I would ask why we don't generally see these flags at other fixtures: just Celtic. 

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, stan said:

This is true, at the end of the day some people will do it, others will disapprove, and the world will keep turning. 

Maybe fans of Irish ancestry could bring Irish flags along so we can show we really are all inclusive, red hands, union jacks, tricolours and saltires flying side by side in support of the maroon cause!

You may see I'm a dreamer..

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Doubt it. Parking’s a fecking nightmare.

SpikeDudley
40 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Neither do I want to stray into the debate, but I would ask why we don't generally see these flags at other fixtures: just Celtic. 

would you prefer that you did? Main reason is obvious: it's to noise them up

13 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Personally I think it would make the atmosphere worse ? Tynecastle was a place where teams used to hate playing , the fans were the 12th man ' noise created was great and it def helped, hearts were unbeaten at home for nearly two years as  of it ,,  I think generating an atmosphere shouldn't  matter what's sung,as long ad it creates the noise ,,,and people shouldn't be so easily offended or alarmed about what they hear ,   what's sung about isn't meant to harm , it's just meant to be heard to rile and create a noise,,,,,

So are racist songs at Tynecastle ok? If not why not?

1 hour ago, been here before said:

I’m guessing that too....and possibly Motherwell. Not too many LP’s for they fixtures though and always having a moan about not having enough LP’s for certain big games 

It's a straight forward question.

If it's ok for bigoted /sectarian songs to be sung by some so called Hearts supporters, as you advocate/defend, then is it  also ok for them to sing racist songs. If not why would it be wrong to sing racist songs but ok for bigoted ones?

What makes it ok to defend sectarism but oppose racism?

Edited by ADAM

9 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

As you're talking about my post I'll answer. Nope none of that shite bothers me. It's all in the past and used to wind up other fans. It's childish mind numbing pish and people who get offended by it need to give themselves a shake. If that's the only thing you have to worry about in life you're doing very well.

If it doesn’t bother you then you’re in the camp that thinks it’s acceptable.  You’re saying the bigots can carry on if they want but I’m not going to criticise them even though I’m not doing the singing myself. That’s really what you’re saying mate. And it’s nit in the past. These guys were giving it large at the final last Saturday. So it’s not dead mate. 

10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Plenty folk so the flags mate. Guess you more focused on the game. Fair play to you. You’ll see it on the TV vid. Aye ban HMFC fans from Tynie, that’s a stormer. You dinnae take offence to any of this crap  so guess you’re a’rite with it.  Cannae argue with folk that think it’s a’rite so enjoy the summer break pal. 

Haringshairband
33 minutes ago, Lloydy18 said:

If it doesn’t bother you then you’re in the camp that thinks it’s acceptable.  You’re saying the bigots can carry on if they want but I’m not going to criticise them even though I’m not doing the singing myself. That’s really what you’re saying mate. And it’s nit in the past. These guys were giving it large at the final last Saturday. So it’s not dead mate. 

I don't care enough to bleat and moan about it on a fans forum for days on end. If you want real change, start a petition or something.

Dalstonjambo
36 minutes ago, Lloydy18 said:

Hiya Pal, Hiya mate!

MR INCREDIBLE

Fans get carried away in the moment and sing things just to wind up the opposition. When we play the Dons we sing a certain song but I don't really believe that many of them actually s*** any sheep. 

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, ADAM said:

It's a straight forward question.

If it's ok for bigoted /sectarian songs to be sung by some so called Hearts supporters, as you advocate/defend, then is it  also ok for them to sing racist songs. If not why would it be wrong to sing racist songs but ok for bigoted ones?

What makes it ok to defend sectarism but oppose racism?

We need more racist songs imo.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Lloydy19_in_Hamilton ???‍♂️

I'd say Lloydy19_in_Lochend, Franko.

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'd say Lloydy19_in_Lochend, Franko.

He might be but sectarianism on both sides still sucks in this day and age.