Scrapping in the South Stand Upper

communist

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He might be but sectarianism on both sides still sucks in this day and age. 

Only if you let it bother you, buddy.

It's the easiest thing in the world to rise above it.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lloydy18

• Hectormasson

• Jambo 4 Ever

• been here before

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Only if you let it bother you, buddy.

It's the easiest thing in the world to rise above it.

I just go to games to support the famous and leave all the other stuff alone. I just think we could grow the fan base more without one or two things happening at the moment. As I said it doesn't bother me personally but it could to potential fans. I would rather we had a few snowflakes if it meant Tynecastle was jam packed and the rest of us roaring the team on in a positive way. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I just go to games to support the famous and leave all the other stuff alone. I just think we could grow the fan base more without one or two things happening at the moment. As I said it doesn't bother me personally but it could to potential fans. I would rather we had a few snowflakes if it meant Tynecastle was jam packed and the rest of us roaring the team on in a positive way. 

I don’t think it keeps people away. Our attendances are testament to that.

Our fan base is the third best in Scotland and always will be.

11 hours ago, Lloydy18 said:

One big flag right in front of us, guy giving it the old hello hello non stop. 

:jjyay:

1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

I don't care enough to bleat and moan about it on a fans forum for days on end. If you want real change, start a petition or something.

Ok cheers

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

I don’t think it keeps people away. Our attendances are testament to that.

Our fan base is the third best in Scotland and always will be.

I just see it settled at about 16k right now but that could be because the football is the not best at moment. I think the potential is definitely there to grow back to full houses again but the atmosphere has to be welcoming without any sectarian undertone. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I just see it settled at about 16k right now but that could be because the football is the not best at moment. I think the potential is definitely there to grow back to full houses again but the atmosphere has to be welcoming without any sectarian undertone. 

I don’t agree.

You’ve gave the reason why the attendances are what they are. It’s nothing to do with what’s being sung in the stands.

Forever Hearts

The amount of potential Hearts fans I have heard say they won't go to Tynecastle because of sectarianism must be at the most none.

Calebs Grandad
12 hours ago, Haringshairband said:

As you're talking about my post I'll answer. Nope none of that shite bothers me. It's all in the past and used to wind up other fans. It's childish mind numbing pish and people who get offended by it need to give themselves a shake. If that's the only thing you have to worry about in life you're doing very well.

Nailed it with ‘used to wind up other fans’. Been this way for 40-50 years that I can remember. ‘You’re gonna get your f*ckin heads kicked in’ ‘Come and have a go with the Gorgie Aggro’  Or what used to echo around the shed ‘it is old but it is beautiful’ which was merely a chorus and very likely 75% or more that sang it wouldn’t actually know the full song. Football rivalry will never go away but the actual songbook has become far less offensive as opposed to 10-20 years ago or more. What the vast amount will sing and chant inside a stadium bears no resemblance to how they would act outwith it but unfortunately we still have those who simply look for offense day after day. 

10 hours ago, ADAM said:

It's a straight forward question.

If it's ok for bigoted /sectarian songs to be sung by some so called Hearts supporters, as you advocate/defend, then is it  also ok for them to sing racist songs. If not why would it be wrong to sing racist songs but ok for bigoted ones?

What makes it ok to defend sectarism but oppose racism?

You absolutely love these sort of threads, criticising Hearts supporters, other threads not so much

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It's hard to argue with any of that. :)

3 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Fans get carried away in the moment and sing things just to wind up the opposition. When we play the Dons we sing a certain song but I don't really believe that many of them actually s*** any sheep. 

What you’re joking right..... Aberdoninans really don’t shag sheep? But but why do we call them sheep shaggers? This thread is so confusing. Next you'll tell me Santa clause is just a myth lol. I wonder if I’m a racist bigot too as I joined in with every song that was sung?  

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I wonder if I’m a racist bigot too as I joined in with every song that was sung?  

You are, mate. Scum of the earth. Vile individual. Not welcome at tynecastle. 

:D

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

You are, mate. Scum of the earth. Vile individual. Not welcome at tynecastle. 

:D

For 90 mins on Saturday GT I joined the other 20k in a mass singalong. Proud to be with the other scum and 20k vile individuals ?

As I made my way to hamdump before the game, I was actually accosted by 3 dirty vile hooped vermin  and told to ‘feck off back tae embra ya orange bar steward or wull rip ye’. I felt threatened and as a scuffle broke out, I managed to catch one with a glancing head butt before the gendarme broke it up. Almost got lifted and didn’t make the game. The fact I was outnumbered went in my favour.

So as far as Saturday went, then I was definitely giving it large to every song. Voice has just recovered now. FTC 

Bad Religion
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

For 90 mins on Saturday GT I joined the other 20k in a mass singalong. Proud to be with the other scum and 20k vile individuals ?

As I made my way to hamdump before the game, I was actually accosted by 3 dirty vile hooped vermin  and told to ‘feck off back tae embra ya orange bar steward or wull rip ye’. I felt threatened and as a scuffle broke out, I managed to catch one with a glancing head butt before the gendarme broke it up. Almost got lifted and didn’t make the game. The fact I was outnumbered went in my favour.

So as far as Saturday went, then I was definitely giving it large to every song. Voice has just recovered now. FTC 

:cornette:

Lads.. interesting thread and a range of views. Personally I don’t think the anti-rc vibe puts people off coming. But you boys that sing that stuff have to realise that the rest of scottish fitba hears it and thinks ‘oh there’s the wee Rangers up to their knees in blah blah again’. And while that goes on hmfc will forever be associated with that club from govan. Is that really worth it?

Edited by JAM1

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The amount of potential Hearts fans I have heard say they won't go to Tynecastle because of sectarianism must be at the most none.

Never heard one hearts fan say that !!!,have heard them say there not going back because were s....e ? Nothing else apart from were playing crap,,,,

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

True ,never heard anyone say that ,now or years ago 

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Nailed it with ‘used to wind up other fans’. Been this way for 40-50 years that I can remember. ‘You’re gonna get your f*ckin heads kicked in’ ‘Come and have a go with the Gorgie Aggro’  Or what used to echo around the shed ‘it is old but it is beautiful’ which was merely a chorus and very likely 75% or more that sang it wouldn’t actually know the full song. Football rivalry will never go away but the actual songbook has become far less offensive as opposed to 10-20 years ago or more. What the vast amount will sing and chant inside a stadium bears no resemblance to how they would act outwith it but unfortunately we still have those who simply look for offense day after day. 

Couldn't have put it better myself m8,where was all these do gooders back then?? They certainly would have been shocked with what they would have seen and heard ???????????????

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Or nowadays " were not sectarian Neil Lennon's  a c...t  perfect!!!

14 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Doubt it. Parking’s a fecking nightmare.

It's probably the easiest parking for any game in the league :D 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

True mhanks hate getting heedered??

2 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

These types of posts always amuse me (not a dig at you) there are usually similar types of posts after ER games too, I'm almost 30, I've grown out of singing hello hello, despite what you claim there its never close to the 100% figure jointing in... like others have said, it's the connection to rangers that I dislike so much. I don't want my club referred to as wee huns etc.. 

Next time your at ER or a semi/final, take a step back and actually look around the whole support during a chorus of Hello Hello. It's not everyone. 

1 minute ago, communist said:

These types of posts always amuse me (not a dig at you) there are usually similar types of posts after ER games too, I'm almost 30, I've grown out of singing hello hello, despite what you claim there its never close to the 100% figure jointing in... like others have said, it's the connection to rangers that I dislike so much. I don't want my club referred to as wee huns etc.. 

Next time your at ER or a semi/final, take a step back and actually look around the whole support during a chorus of Hello Hello. It's not everyone. 

Hullo Hullo was fantastic on Saturday. Sung loudly and proudly by a majority of Hearts fans.

Happy days. Hopefully back with a bang and here to stay. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
27 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Hullo Hullo was fantastic on Saturday. Sung loudly and proudly by a majority of Hearts fans.

:naughty:

Bull's-eye
3 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Wet dream imo.

4 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

You absolutely love these sort of threads, criticising Hearts supporters, other threads not so much

Eh no. I hate these threads.

I'd much prefer sectarianism wasn't part of football and people didn't use clubs, and Hearts in particular, as a vehicle to promote their personal political/bigoted views. 

If anyone uses HMFC to promote their personal agenda that makes them open to criticism. You don't get a free pass to attach bigoted/racist or any other political view cn the club  just cause you throw a Hearts scarf round your neck and claim you're a supporter.

Edited by ADAM

33 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Wet dream imo.

Strange things to have a wet dream about but each to  their own I guess.

Also a punch up between a good few Hearts fans at the top of exit 54/56 south stand. I believe it involved some fans from the Tanners bus. Again it was over bigoted insults hurled towards the opposition and some people took offence and then a melee ensued. Was broken up by half a dozen stewards just before the police intervened. Guess you missed that too? 

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

:jjyay:

Calebs Grandad
6 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Couldn't have put it better myself m8,where was all these do gooders back then?? They certainly would have been shocked with what they would have seen and heard ???????????????

I think we have the benefit of being part of a support that really was one of the best/worst depending how you look at it but Tynecastle was certainly a very intimidating place for other teams and supporters to visit.

Calebs Grandad
4 hours ago, Whatever said:

??????

Hectormasson
3 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

I think we have the benefit of being part of a support that really was one of the best/worst depending how you look at it but Tynecastle was certainly a very intimidating place for other teams and supporters to visit.

We need to get that back,but I cant see it ,the place is like a library m8 !   Fans are more miserable " too easy upset ,, never thought I'd see that at tynecastle,, sadly

Calebs Grandad
11 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

We need to get that back,but I cant see it ,the place is like a library m8 !   Fans are more miserable " too easy upset ,, never thought I'd see that at tynecastle,, sadly

Unfortunately these days are long gone but at least we were part of it mate ?

Hectormasson
6 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Unfortunately these days are long gone but at least we were part of it mate ?

Sang everything good and bad ,,,never offended anyone ,,bar getting a laugh,,, your right these days are gone ,??????????????????????????oh is this offensive ??????????

11 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It could be argued, looking at the two biggest clubs in Scotland, that to grow our attendances we actually need a bit more sectarianism ?

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jarhead said:

It could be argued, looking at the two biggest clubs in Scotland, that to grow our attendances we actually need a bit more sectarianism ?

We need our own flute band or maybe just invite big Laff back ?

been here before
13 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

Nah theyve got that gig well sewn up.

Isnt there a gap in the market for a racist club? Cash in in the supremacist pound.

Blood (and soil) doesnt show on a maroon jersey?

Libertarian

If there were Celtic supporters in the Hearts end at the cup final why were they not immeadiatly put out by the Glesca Polis? What is the point of having Police and Stewards if they stand by and do nothing? I really hope the club raises this as a priority.

22 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

If there were Celtic supporters in the Hearts end at the cup final why were they not immeadiatly put out by the Glesca Polis? What is the point of having Police and Stewards if they stand by and do nothing? I really hope the club raises this as a priority.

You know what would have happened if it was Hearts fans in the Celtic area.

That should probably answer your question

17 hours ago, Whatever said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11907187

Placid Casual

This aspect of Saturday has sure galvanised a lot of the bigoted arseholes.

There are more than enough football reasons to despise Celtic, I wish the sad sacks would grow the **** up.

Placid Casual

23 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not true. I remember Chris Robinson, obviously many years ago, saying that hundreds of people had been in touch with him about it during his tenure. Can only surmise there have been many more since.

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Not true. I remember Chris Robinson, obviously many years ago, saying that hundreds of people had been in touch with him about it during his tenure. Can only surmise there have been many more since.

And Pieman always told the truth

Placid Casual
2 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

And Pieman always told the truth

Why would he lie about that?

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Placid Casual said:

It was more likely to do with the sectarianism coming from the away end

Placid Casual
Just now, We_are_the_Hearts said:

It was more likely to do with the sectarianism coming from the away end

It wasn't. It was our fans.

Forever Hearts
17 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

If Chris Robinson told me it was Thursday today I would check the calendar. 

We_are_the_Hearts
8 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

It wasn't. It was our fans.

Ah well. Plenty other things for them to do on a Saturday afternoon

Dalstonjambo
2 hours ago, Placid Casual said:

There is of course no evidence of Chris Robinson lying about anything

'Scrapping in the South Stand Upper' the thread title states  but having clicked on the last few pages, reading from the last back the way, all I'm getting is Hearts fans having a pop at each other and debating songs... Typical Kickback, the easily offended twisting the tale.