Aidan White

We_are_the_Hearts

12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Al.....

Have a word with yourself.

Do you seriously believe that the only left back we could dig up was an injured one ? We had 6 months from when he signed until the start of the new season and if that was all our scouting system could muster up then it’s no bloody wonder we were rock bottom for as long as we were.

Add £9m in benefactor money and this is the type of bargain Levein found......

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Absolute Scenes

• Bazzas right boot

Levein was a class player who had to retire through injury.  It is interesting and praiseworthy that he has given good players who had serious injuries a chance to recover their fitness and confidence.

Clare has shown good skills and pace and is not out of place in our side. White looks like a player, fullback, not wide midfield. We have struggled finding good wide players who can track back leaving our full backs exposed.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Al.....

Do you seriously believe that the only left back we could dig up was an injured one ? We had 6 months from when he signed until the start of the new season and if that was all our scouting system could muster up then it’s no bloody wonder we were rock bottom for as long as we were.

You have a word with yourself and don't try to impose your opinion as fact on me.

Our scouting system over a long number of years has picked up what they thought were the best players they could afford at the time we wanted them or when they became available.  Some work out well: some don't and that does not just apply to Hearts.  Now toddle off and impose your opinion elsewhere.  Good lad.

pettigrewsstylist

Always useful to gauge meaningful time on pitch v salary over lifetime of signing

Then look at impact/influence.

Exceptions can be awarded if serious injury whilst playing/training.

AW.....Deadweight. Ditch.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

What I can’t understand is why people are so keen to hold on to players, just because they are okay for the championship. We need a complete clear out of the guys who have been so unreliable when called upon for the last couple of seasons, regardless of division. May be difficult to remove these guys given the wages we are giving them mind you. 

Bunny Munro
20 minutes ago, Mort said:

What I can’t understand is why people are so keen to hold on to players, just because they are okay for the championship. We need a complete clear out of the guys who have been so unreliable when called upon for the last couple of seasons, regardless of division. May be difficult to remove these guys given the wages we are giving them mind you. 

If we end up going down, then our first job is to come back up in one year. If (big if) the players are good enough to do that we are better persevering with them, rather than paying them off, then paying for new players. We have another load of players out of contract next summer and it will save us paying them off.

A_A wehatethehibs
29 minutes ago, Mort said:

Yeah there seems to be a thing that folk think we'll be alright in the championship to just sell Hickey,  guys like White and Garuccio will be fine... the prospect of these hopeless Levein era signings playing for Hearts again is sickening for me, I'd rather keep Hickey for the season and let him go to Celtic next year for free

3 hours ago, Mort said:

Yup. 

There has been a complete abdication of leadership from the senior squad. In short, we need as many of them as possible out the door ASAP. Their ability isn't the issue, its their mentality and they've shown to have absolutely no bottle to play for a club with expectation. 

Get rid of as many as possible. Perhaps Damour will want tor return to France? God, I hope so! 

Fort Vallance

The oft quoted phrase that if he / they hadn't had injury problems we wouldn't have got anywhere near them. That'll be why nobody else took a chance and burst their budget on someone that only had a 10% chance of contributing anything.

Fort Vallance

Maybe rubbish but I just wondered if Levein, given his own injury problems is more willing to take a punt on players written off by everyone else.

Greedy Jambo

I actually thought he looked good in spells, but doing it in spells isn't gonna cut it. 

I'm tempted to say get rid of most of the squad and start again but it will be interesting to see them under a new manager/coaches i suppose. 

I don't think Stendel had enough time to be judged fairly and his right hand men certainly didn't. 

4 hours ago, OTT said:

Yup. 

There has been a complete abdication of leadership from the senior squad. In short, we need as many of them as possible out the door ASAP. Their ability isn't the issue, its their mentality and they've shown to have absolutely no bottle to play for a club with expectation. 

Get rid of as many as possible. Perhaps Damour will want tor return to France? God, I hope so! 

Amen to that, but I fear we've got another Maulary Martin situation on ours hands.

Damour said Levein gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.  No other team will pay him what we're paying.  Unless there's a bigger idiot than Levein somewhere out there, with money to waste.

21 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Yeah there seems to be a thing that folk think we'll be alright in the championship to just sell Hickey,  guys like White and Garuccio will be fine... the prospect of these hopeless Levein era signings playing for Hearts again is sickening for me, I'd rather keep Hickey for the season and let him go to Celtic next year for free

Well thought out , longsighted take on things .

16 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Maybe rubbish but I just wondered if Levein, given his own injury problems is more willing to take a punt on players written off by everyone else.

Nah he likes a gamble for bargains.  Said if AW wasn’t injured we had no chance of signing him and he would be worth the wait on return from injury (we signed him injured).  Add to the list of players that will be great once up to speed only to never ever make it and eventually punted. 

On 07/06/2020 at 22:09, DH1986 said:

Al.....

You will never ever get your point across with this one. Do yourself a favour :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You will never ever get your point across with this one. Do yourself a favour :lol: 

Oh dear.

Did it take you 5 days to think up this wonderful troll type post?

Well done.

On 07/06/2020 at 19:19, indianajones said:

Another stupid punt by the self proclaimed genius Levein. 

When did he proclaim this? I remember him saying that he's not the brightest, but never that he is a genius.

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Nah he likes a gamble for bargains.  Said if AW wasn’t injured we had no chance of signing him and he would be worth the wait on return from injury (we signed him injured).  Add to the list of players that will be great once up to speed only to never ever make it and eventually punted. 

You could probably have stopped after he likes a "gamble"

4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Yup. One Aidy White is fine but we sign too many gambles of sorts. Every year we seem to have an Osh, Vanacek, Amankwaa etc. Maybe other teams do too?? Seems we go through this loads though. Relatively high profile player being a total non entity for us

No doubt we've had bad luck. I mean Souttar, Haring, Berra, Garuccio, Uche, Washington, none of them with injuries in their past but riddled since coming to us and most of them impact or just bad luck/weird.

I duno. I was happy with our signings last summer truth be told. I can't rewrite history there. I though the squad looked great and then bit by bit it fell apart and was disgustingly mismanaged.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup. One Aidy White is fine but we sign too many gambles of sorts. Every year we seem to have an Osh, Vanacek, Amankwaa etc. Maybe other teams do too?? Seems we go through this loads though. Relatively high profile player being a total non entity for us

No doubt we've had bad luck. I mean Souttar, Haring, Berra, Garuccio, Uche, Washington, none of them with injuries in their past but riddled since coming to us and most of them impact or just bad luck/weird.

I duno. I was happy with our signings last summer truth be told. I can't rewrite history there. I though the squad looked great and then bit by bit it fell apart and was disgustingly mismanaged.

When the team's going badly, duds tend to get highlighted. In reality all teams have them every season. Our injuries meant certain players signed as back-up or as punts for the future were forced into the first team early. We also have a bigger budget so some of our duds will always be most expensive, plus we have more money to gamble so probably do take more chances than other teams.

A lot was made about the number of signings the last 5 years but it's not that far off what Hibs, Aberdeen and other teams have signed in the same period - and without as much upheaval. They must have a number of duds in there. Apart from 14/15 we have had nearly one fairly major dud a season though, in terms of the length of contract and not living up to expectations.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When the team's going badly, duds tend to get highlighted. In reality all teams have them every season. Our injuries meant certain players signed as back-up or as punts for the future were forced into the first team early. We also have a bigger budget so some of our duds will always be most expensive, plus we have more money to gamble so probably do take more chances than other teams.

A lot was made about the number of signings the last 5 years but it's not that far off what Hibs, Aberdeen and other teams have signed in the same period - and without as much upheaval. They must have a number of duds in there. Apart from 14/15 we have had nearly one fairly major dud a season though, in terms of the length of contract and not living up to expectations.

Celtic sign, for big money, an amazing amount of duds.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Celtic sign, for big money, an amazing amount of duds.

You could add up the cost of all of our duds the last 6 years and it would be nowhere near the cost of any one of Rafael Schidt, Roy Keane,  Tore Andre Flo, Freddie Ljungberg, Ian Wright, Joey Barton and 100s of others at Rangers and Celtic over the years.

11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hi Craig, Aberdeen or Hibs’ duds aren’t paid as much as ours and more importantly haven’t left them shitting it and probably going down legal route having the league season ended bottom of the table and getting wrongly demoted.  The BIGGEST TRANSFER BUDGET EVER two season in a row.  Wasted, completely wasted.  It’s ****ing criminal.  Aidy White would have been a very good player if it wasn’t for his injuries, we knew that before he signed. He signed as a first choice player.  He was unaffordable if not for injuries, that indicates he’s high on our budget list.  He’s been “unlucky” no, he’s been as expected, that’s why he couldn’t get a contract anywhere else. 

28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You know what? I can’t argue with any of that.   My issue is we have loads of players out and then still sign players as gambles, why not just bring in proven players instead of trying to find gems all the time?  

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hi Craig, Aberdeen or Hibs’ duds aren’t paid as much as ours and more importantly haven’t left them shitting it and probably going down legal route having the league season ended bottom of the table and getting wrongly demoted.  The BIGGEST TRANSFER BUDGET EVER two season in a row.  Wasted, completely wasted.  It’s ****ing criminal.  Aidy White would have been a very good player if it wasn’t for his injuries, we knew that before he signed. He signed as a first choice player.  He was unaffordable if not for injuries, that indicates he’s high on our budget list.  He’s been “unlucky” no, he’s been as expected, that’s why he couldn’t get a contract anywhere else. 

Talk up Hibs and Aberdeen all you want. It seems to be your thing.

Osman Sow couldn't get a contract elsewhere either. Peter Haring was treading water in the Austrian lower leagues. Some you win some you lose. White is TBD for me. I'm glad we take chances on players, just not too many at once next time.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Talk up Hibs and Aberdeen all you want. It seems to be your thing.

Osman Sow couldn't get a contract elsewhere either. Peter Haring was treading water in the Austrian lower leagues. Some you win some you lose. White is TBD for me. I'm glad we take chances on players, just not too many at once next time.

Who is talking up them? I’m talking down the shitfest your hero left us with.

Sow was offered a contract by Hibs and Killie before joining through recommendation by Alexander as Butcher got punted at Hibs.  Haring was signed as a centre half.  What about the polish guy he was signed at the same time with? That worked out well!

Youre glad we take our chances even though in general it’s not worked out well at all and the team is facing championship football because of Craig Levein? Millions and we are talking £millions wasted on gambles and you’re happy?  Aye no bother Torque.  Your opinion is we would be champions league without injuries anyway.  Best squad outside Glasgow still yeah? 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Sow was offered a contract by Hibs and Killie before joining through recommendation by Alexander as Butcher got punted at Hibs.  Haring was signed as a centre half.  What about the polish guy he was signed at the same time with? That worked out well!

Youre glad we take our chances even though in general it’s not worked out well at all and the team is facing championship football because of Craig Levein? Millions and we are talking £millions wasted on gambles and you’re happy?  Aye no bother Torque.  Your opinion is we would be champions league without injuries anyway.  Best squad outside Glasgow still yeah? 

Seek help.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Seek help.

No bother Craig.  Good luck in your next career.  Stay out the bookies. 

Just now, Last Laff said:

No bother Craig.  Good luck in your next career.  Stay out the bookies. 

What do you think should happen next

KyleLafferty
26 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Sow was recommended by Elvis.

Class of 75
31 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hi mate. I had a read of the Levein interview and that clown reckons people were telling him that Hearts had one of the best squad for many seasons. How deluded is this idiot? The same squad that struggled at Cowdenbeath and beaten on penalties by East Fife. The midfield was atrocious and easily the worst in the league. As you say millions of pounds of fans and benefactors money wasted on sheer dross. Unforgivable. 

19 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Hi mate. I had a read of the Levein interview and that clown reckons people were telling him that Hearts had one of the best squad for many seasons. How deluded is this idiot? The same squad that struggled at Cowdenbeath and beaten on penalties by East Fife. The midfield was atrocious and easily the worst in the league. As you say millions of pounds of fans and benefactors money wasted on sheer dross. Unforgivable. 

Same as what the poster I replied to said.  Coincidently.  Apologists all over the shop.  People have their reasons but I simply don’t understand people sticking up for Craig Levein when it’s cost our club millions and continues to leave us up shit creek.  It’s simply baffling.  You’re right also with the games you mentioned, I remember going to bayview the year before against Raith winning on pens watching utter shit.  Inverness better than us in Beiths testimonial, Shankland, who wasn’t worth the gamble (shamelessly) the best player on the pitch for Dundee Utd.  There’s hundreds of examples.   Just bad luck though.

Edited by Last Laff

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Same as what the poster I replied to said.  Coincidently.  Apologists all over the shop.  People have their reasons but I simply don’t understand people sticking up for Craig Levein when it’s cost our club millions and continues to leave us up shit creek.  It’s simply baffling.  You’re right also with the games you mentioned, I remember going to Cowdenbeath the year before against Raith winning on pens watching utter shit.  Inverness better than us in Beiths testimonial, Shankland, who wasn’t worth the gamble (shamelessly) the best player on the pitch for Dundee Utd.  There’s hundreds of examples.   Just bad luck though.

😂

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

😂

What? So there wasn’t a match for him?

You should have pointed out it was East Fife and not Cowdenbeath (in our group) that we played Raith if you had a clue.  👍

KyleLafferty
26 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Incorrect. I’m sure it’s been acknowledged publicly but it was definitely Alexander.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/hearts-keeper-neil-alexander-says-3853343.amp

Sow said: “When I left Palace I went on trial with Coventry City. I thought I did well but the manager, Steven Pressley, said he’d found another place for me to go.

So who’s right? 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

What? So there wasn’t a match for him?

You should have pointed out it was East Fife and not Cowdenbeath (in our group) that we played Raith if you had a clue.  👍

I don't read your posts closely enough. I don't read a lot if anything into testimonials, friendlies and early season LC group games. I've seen us start slow plenty of seasons, especially with a fair few new players, but still have a good season. You think we should be gubbing every team from day one, fair enough.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Sow said: “When I left Palace I went on trial with Coventry City. I thought I did well but the manager, Steven Pressley, said he’d found another place for me to go.

So who’s right? 

At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Players get recommended form all sorts of places. Neilson made the decision to sign Sow and Levein got it done. Levein then got us £1m for him and someone - Levein or Neilson - made the decision not to play him vs Hibs.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

Of course, to rehabilitate them and get a big move down south that he didn’t manage as a player. He mentioned the scenario a few times at the start.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So who’s right? 

Probably a combination of both, Pressley mentioned him and Alexander recommended him? I suppose the point is that the only player we sold for decent money wasn’t found by our often criticised scouting system.

Pasquale for King

Back on topic White has been hardly contributed anything or played 90 minutes, does any team substitute their full backs as much as we did in the last three seasons 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Aidy  White is p*** . The guy has psychological problems. Can't hack it when it gets rough wants subbed . Makes an arse of something wants subbed. Guy plays like he is scared his next injury  is his last . Unfortunately that's the gamble with players like this .

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably a combination of both, Pressley mentioned him and Alexander recommended him? I suppose the point is that the only player we sold for decent money wasn’t found by our often criticised scouting system.

Every club's scouting system includes contacts in the game. Plenty clubs sign players after initially hearing about them through a tip-off from someone in their network. It's what you do with the tip-offs that matters. In this case we did a great job signing and getting money for Sow, apart from the timing of his departure.

Just now, LeftBack said:

Just your opinion on the direction of the club 

Upwards. 100% if Levein has no input. Otherwise it will be failure and excuses.

36 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So who’s right? 

He wasn’t good enough for Coventry but was recommended to us by Alexander and was signed on his recommendation having played with him instead of Elvis who chucked him our way.

”Hi Hearts it’s your former cup winning captain Elvis here, we have a player on trial not quite good enough but I’m strongly recommending him to you Craig”

Oh thanks for that, I’ll sign him on your word then Elvis even though I know the best for the whole of Scottish football, cheers. 

The recommendation was Alexander.  He came up after a failed trial at a higher level (more fool them). 

2 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

No, what do you think we should do. Accept expulsion? Get rid of budge? Who should be our manager? 

Oh, I see.  

No, we should fight it until the very end.

No, If Budge goes the courts then she has to be backed.

Stendel.  If not then Robinson.  If not Wright, if not possibly The King.