Levein on Vanecek...........again.....!!

Section Q

Enzo Chiefo
33 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

This ‘bender’ holiday he was on seems even to be even more exaggerated every time it’s spoke about.

One of the team mates he went with was Alex Kral. The same Alex Kral that’s signed for Slavia Prague in January, played v Chelsea a few weeks ago and is now in the Czech national squad...

It's an excuse, a poor one at that.  He's had a fall out with Levein, probably setting him straight about his footballing methodology.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• merrymac

• Inch Hearts

• Harry Potter

• Robbo-Jambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would love to know what the inside story is with him. Obviously something has happened.

pettigrewsstylist

I thought everyone umderstood the fitness thing was just a big lie after about 4 weeks of being here. 

Either Levein decide to get rid long time ago or big mans bottle has caved in.

Either way its over. Just be thankful for those early points Aug -Oct.

40 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Would love to know what the inside story is with him. Obviously something has happened.

Yeah, he's gash. Nowhere near good enough, like quite a few in the current squad.

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Marriott said:

I see he posted he was watching and supporting us on the box tonight, nice wee pic of the game and Hearts shirt in the corner.

Can somebody who is friends with him on FB ask him if he managed to watch the whole game or changed channel ?

Did anyone think his Facebook picture looked a bit stage managed? Hearts v Don's game on TV, his hearts top conveniently hanging in the background. ?. I presume its his management team who control his page. 

That aside, I don't understand why he's been left out. He surely offers more than wighton and McLean? 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's an excuse, a poor one at that.  He's had a fall out with Levein, probably setting him straight about his footballing methodology.

Of course he did, Enzo. Always worth hearing the facts from a straight shooter like you.

7 hours ago, 5jambo1 said:

Somethings up, for him not to be even on the bench when the majority of our first 11 are injured/rested is very strange. At the very least he surely could have been an option from the bench and given 30 mins to have another look at him in a top flight game? 

He’s got to be rubbish in training or just not very good. Surely if you have a player you don’t like, you still play him if he is going to benefit the team because at the end of the day you need to win games of football. The player will get paid either way, if you play him or not so what’s the point in punishing the player by not playing him? If he’s good you play him, end of, assuming he’s fit of course which he must be. 

100% away in the summer. Levein saying he wants two strikers was one Indication and not in the squad tonight has confirmed it 

The fact Wighton is selected before Vanececk says it all, the only thing i can assume from his continued exclusion is they've had a massive fall out. The guy has ability 

I've seen players with broken legs get fit quicker in the time Vanececk has been here,  so I'm no buying Leveins excuses on why he's no in the match squads 

8 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Yeah, he's gash. Nowhere near good enough, like quite a few in the current squad.

I think it must be more than that. MacLean and Wighton are both gash as well. But they get game time.

AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Did anyone think his Facebook picture looked a bit stage managed? Hearts v Don's game on TV, his hearts top conveniently hanging in the background. ?. I presume its his management team who control his page. 

That aside, I don't understand why he's been left out. He surely offers more than wighton and McLean? 

Everyone's Facebook is stage managed. It's all attention seeking shite on there. 

Nookie Bear

Budge must be wondering why an expensive asset like Vanacek is not being used and I assume Levein has filled her in with the reasons why. 

But this situation is helping nobody. For him to be so out of shape that he cannot start a meaningless end of season game is unacceptable. For Levein to have a clash with him so bad he has given him Vlad Flu is poor management and also unacceptable. 

Budge needs to get Levein, Van (+ agent?) in a room to sort this out and to come up with a plan that may at least see Vanacek hitting the ground running next season. Or being sold in the summer. 

Levein was desperate to get him in. The guy turned up unfit, which is clearly unacceptable, but let’s be honest if he was anything other than rotten, you’d give him a dressing down in private, get him fit (doesn’t take months) play him in reserve games (played very few) and ease him in to the team. 

As soon as I saw the public humiliation of vanecek I thought this can only be Levein creating the excuse for binning him in the summer. The excuse being attitude/fitness bla bla, where the reality is he’s just another in a long list of shite signings. 

vegas-voss
4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Levein was desperate to get him in. The guy turned up unfit, which is clearly unacceptable, but let’s be honest if he was anything other than rotten, you’d give him a dressing down in private, get him fit (doesn’t take months) play him in reserve games (played very few) and ease him in to the team. 

As soon as I saw the public humiliation of vanecek I thought this can only be Levein creating the excuse for binning him in the summer. The excuse being attitude/fitness bla bla, where the reality is he’s just another in a long list of shite signings. 

It's like Levein made his mind up on him right away and stubbornness won't change that.Levein said after only his 2nd game Uche will be fit in a week and Van will struggle to get in the squad.Horrible way to deal with a guy just in the door.

vegas-voss
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Budge must be wondering why an expensive asset like Vanacek is not being used and I assume Levein has filled her in with the reasons why. 

But this situation is helping nobody. For him to be so out of shape that he cannot start a meaningless end of season game is unacceptable. For Levein to have a clash with him so bad he has given him Vlad Flu is poor management and also unacceptable. 

Budge needs to get Levein, Van (+ agent?) in a room to sort this out and to come up with a plan that may at least see Vanacek hitting the ground running next season. Or being sold in the summer. 

You would imagine if he does play for us next season and he starts scoring a lot then there won't be much chance of him signing a new deal when he remembers the treatment he has had.

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's like Levein made his mind up on him right away and stubbornness won't change that.Levein said after only his 2nd game Uche will be fit in a week and Van will struggle to get in the squad.Horrible way to deal with a guy just in the door.

Yeah, Levein throwing Vanecek under a bus. 

Nookie Bear
Just now, vegas-voss said:

You would imagine if he does play for us next season and he starts scoring a lot then there won't be much chance of him signing a new deal when he remembers the treatment he has had.

I imagine his agent is already working to sort his future in the summer. 

With any job, you need to sometimes clear the air and start again. When you are paying someone a 6-figure salary, it’s essential. 

Vanacek will not “beat” Levein, but this situation is contributing to the growing mistrust of Levein’s management and he needs to sort it out. He cannot afford to have Vanacek sitting in the stand.  I sense it is too late tbh

vegas-voss
35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I imagine his agent is already working to sort his future in the summer. 

With any job, you need to sometimes clear the air and start again. When you are paying someone a 6-figure salary, it’s essential. 

Vanacek will not “beat” Levein, but this situation is contributing to the growing mistrust of Levein’s management and he needs to sort it out. He cannot afford to have Vanacek sitting in the stand.  I sense it is too late tbh

Essential paying the guy a wage for nothing which under a tight budget is just wrong.Same with the left back are we paying him just now ? 

I think for Levein to stay he needs a different role Academy Director maybe he seems to be good at building that kind of thing up.

We always need to have a few players hoovering up a big wage doing nothing.  Vanacek is just the latest in a long line of players we have recently brought to the club that don't fit the 'style' 

Don't see why folk think he will be gone in the summer, history tells us that he will sit about for the duration of his contract scooping his wages, enjoying his time in Edinburgh compliments of Hearts and the supporters money.  I honestly won't blame the guy for doing it as well, he'll get a decent move back to his homeland in a few years time still with a pile of cash.

I blame the people running the club for yet again poor player recruitment.

3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

We always need to have a few players hoovering up a big wage doing nothing.  Vanacek is just the latest in a long line of players we have recently brought to the club that don't fit the 'style' 

Don't see why folk think he will be gone in the summer, history tells us that he will sit about for the duration of his contract scooping his wages, enjoying his time in Edinburgh compliments of Hearts and the supporters money.  I honestly won't blame the guy for doing it as well, he'll get a decent move back to his homeland in a few years time still with a pile of cash.

Sad but true , when will we be rid of Martin , for example.

Enzo Chiefo
9 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Of course he did, Enzo. Always worth hearing the facts from a straight shooter like you.

You're probably right JJ. Levein's version of events are far more plausible - he managed to hide his lack of fitness at a training canp in Spain, under the watchful eye of the coaches and sport scientists before continuing the deception by starting our next 2 competitive games umtil one misplaced pass against Dundee gave the game away. Clearly unfit, he would now need 4 months to "get up to speed" along with an entire close season. His confidence has also gone apparently. Sounds fair enough.  

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

That's the cold, hard, facts right there.

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Yep.  He joins a long growing list.  Did it begin with a three year deal for the El Has’ chartacter?

Inch Hearts
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You're probably right JJ. Levein's version of events are far more plausible - he managed to hide his lack of fitness at a training canp in Spain, under the watchful eye of the coaches and sport scientists before continuing the deception by starting our next 2 competitive games umtil one misplaced pass against Dundee gave the game away. Clearly unfit, he would now need 4 months to "get up to speed" along with an entire close season. His confidence has also gone apparently. Sounds fair enough.  

:lol: 

grumpyespana

I think Craig has to come out and explain to the fans why Vanecek is not in the frame for game time when we needed him to be honest.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If Levein stays, which SPFL club will get him on loan? I'm going for Dundee.

14 hours ago, Marriott said:

I see he posted he was watching and supporting us on the box tonight, nice wee pic of the game and Hearts shirt in the corner.

Can somebody who is friends with him on FB ask him if he managed to watch the whole game or changed channel ?

This is the most upsetting post on the whole thread......

Hearts supporters who are Facebook ‘friends’ with players they don’t know ??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

This is the most upsetting post on the whole thread......

Hearts supporters who are Facebook ‘friends’ with players they don’t know ??‍♂️

Really ?

It's a good way to get info which is lacking at the moment, for instance one of his fans/friends asked if he was injured and he replied he was OK.

That's more info than the club has ever let us know so far.

For the record I'm not a friend with anybody famous on FB only people I know but to get upset about it is going a bit far ?

BonningtonJambo

Even if he was honking a 6foot4 striker would be more use to us than wighton as an option but tbh would rather see the u17 strikers in the squad than wighton?

Inch Hearts
8 minutes ago, BonningtonJambo said:

Even if he was honking a 6foot4 striker would be more use to us than wighton as an option but tbh would rather see the u17 strikers in the squad than wighton?

The Ego won’t have that though. 

My little cousin plays within the hearts youth set up, he’s a goal keeper. Paul Gallagher told my uncle that Vanecek has become a bit of a joke around the club, players laugh about how bad he is, unfit and just general awful at football he is. Said that if he is in the middle at passing drills he’s stuck in the middle for ages. People hoping to see him as some sort of emerging cup final winning hero are gonna be hugely disappointed. I doubt he’ll play for hearts again. 

19 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

My little cousin plays within the hearts youth set up, he’s a goal keeper. Paul Gallagher told my uncle that Vanecek has become a bit of a joke around the club, players laugh about how bad he is, unfit and just general awful at football he is. Said that if he is in the middle at passing drills he’s stuck in the middle for ages. People hoping to see him as some sort of emerging cup final winning hero are gonna be hugely disappointed. I doubt he’ll play for hearts again. 

Another of our first class coaches.  Perhaps he should be reflecting on his own performance - such as coaching Doyle on cross balls 

22 minutes ago, Coco said:

Another of our first class coaches.  Perhaps he should be reflecting on his own performance - such as coaching Doyle on cross balls 

Will pass that on. Just sharing what I’ve heard. Am no Levein fan and I think he has handled parts of this Vanecek drama badly but it seems tho he is justified in his freezing him out. Here’s hoping a pre season, a fresh start will help him settle in. 

31 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Will pass that on. Just sharing what I’ve heard. Am no Levein fan and I think he has handled parts of this Vanecek drama badly but it seems tho he is justified in his freezing him out. Here’s hoping a pre season, a fresh start will help him settle in. 

Just emphasises how incompetent our scouting and player recruitment department is. Would our scouting department and director of football be so careless with their own money? They certainly don’t seem to mind the club spending hundreds of thousands on absolute dross because they can’t do their jobs properly. Here’s a radical idea, why doesn’t someone from the club actually fly abroad to watch these guys play before we commit the club to spending vast sums of money? I can’t believe anyone has  done so with Oshaniwa, Grezlak, Martin, Vanecek, etc etc.

39 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

He ****ing signed him ffs

1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

Just emphasises how incompetent our scouting and player recruitment department is. Would our scouting department and director of football be so careless with their own money? They certainly don’t seem to mind the club spending hundreds of thousands on absolute dross because they can’t do their jobs properly. Here’s a radical idea, why doesn’t someone from the club actually fly abroad to watch these guys play before we commit the club to spending vast sums of money? I can’t believe anyone has  done so with Oshaniwa, Grezlak, Martin, Vanecek, etc etc.

The scouting system is something I hope the club addresses in the summer along with the management situation. The amount of cash the club has wasted on wages must be staggering. 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The scouting system is something I hope the club addresses in the summer along with the management situation. The amount of cash the club has wasted on wages must be staggering. 

Was saying this to my son just yesterday, if we stopped wasting money on all the dross we seem to keep on getting, maybe just maybe we'd be able to get one or two decent players, you know the kind that'll actually strengthen the team and might be able to help the young lads coming through.

23 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was saying this to my son just yesterday, if we stopped wasting money on all the dross we seem to keep on getting, maybe just maybe we'd be able to get one or two decent players, you know the kind that'll actually strengthen the team and might be able to help the young lads coming through.

I think that is where it’s doing the most damage. If you are a young boy sitting on the bench or in the stand and you see dross in front of you in the pecking order and hear that the club is looking to bring in 3/4/5 more players in the summer, what does that do for their confidence. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of the young boys look for other clubs. 

Jambo-Jimbo
26 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I think that is where it’s doing the most damage. If you are a young boy sitting on the bench or in the stand and you see dross in front of you in the pecking order and hear that the club is looking to bring in 3/4/5 more players in the summer, what does that do for their confidence. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few of the young boys look for other clubs. 

Yip, agree with this totally.

Eddie The Eagle
On 10/05/2019 at 09:31, Jammy T said:

Paul Hartley upset Levein at the start of his time at Hearts.

If you have the right attitude as a player you will do fine with Levein.

Debate over.

You could also say that was 15 years ago and that Craig has mellowed, you only have to look at Craig's interviews to the media back then to see a drastic change in his temperament 

All I'm saying is people change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, some also get more stubborn over time 

Craig is not the man he was those 15 years ago as can be said about most of us 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

You could also say that was 15 years ago and that Craig has mellowed, you only have to look at Craig's interviews to the media back then to see a drastic change in his temperament 

All I'm saying is people change, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, some also get more stubborn over time 

Craig is not the man he was those 15 years ago as can be said about most of us 

As you get older you do get more grumpy.

My wife will vouch for that.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Was he at St Andrews?

In Porty. 2 fish suppers and a single king rib with a buttered roll. He doesn't seem to be taking any notice. 

Edited by Jodami

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Can he take a penalty. Might be needed on saturday

Hes getting a run out for the under 12s penalty competition at half time? 

Obviously he’s nowhere near the first team squad and I can’t see a pre season changing things if Levein is still the manager so it’s looking like his Hearts career is over. 

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Can he take a penalty. Might be needed on saturday

Sean Clare?