Ann Budge

DB-14

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Ann has done a marvellous job in trying circumstances. Off the field has been a revelation. 

Tbh it was a great call to install Craig as DOF and then manager . he has been a safe pair of hands through all the off field upheaval. 

Probably time now for a thanks to Craig and a parting of the ways . Football has moved on Craig hasn't . We need a new coaching set up with fresh ideas imo . 

Ann can stay aslong as she wants for me , but she can't leave the Craig call to Long as it may start to impact in her tremendous legacy. 

What "off-field upheaval" has there been since CL was appointed?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Francis Albert

• DB-14

• graygo

11 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Why is she immune from criticism in some quarters on here?

Undoubtedly we have to be thankful for her assistance in saving the club but equally I highly doubt she’d have invested if it wasn’t for the contribution of supporters.

Some people on here appear happy to accept our current on the pitch mediocrity because Budge saved the club and are therefore won’t criticise the club for her numerous ridiculous decisions and I include the closing of Section G in that as well as our current shambles on the pitch.

Warning: thoughtful post alert. Any critics of the current regime is risking a ban. ::troll::

The Wrinkly Ninja

How can you justify that the on pitch product has improved? It hasn’t that’s why.

The on pitch product has improved since Budge took over......we finished bottom the table before she took over....???? Weird!

I do agree with you though! What kickback needs is more threads complaining about the lack of updates on the new stand that never would have been built without her!

gowestjambo
2 hours ago, Sid said:

Opening a store is. Good analogy. 

There is no point pitching up day 1 at a bit of wasteland with a pile of food to sell. Success day 1 as you make some money but won’t be anywhere near enough to make real profits long term or enough to reinvest to build the store.  You’re priority has to be infrastructure. Larger premises, attractive frontage, maybe cafe to attract and retain people there. Car parking. These need to be the priorities, maybe with a part opening to get some income to tide you over but, until and unless you get the full infrastructure done you won’t reach your full potential. 

Sone people on here are just thinking. Get as much absvthe best product onto that wasteland as quickly as possible. 

We are getting to the point where a number of these projects reach completion and come off the daily agenda and more focus (and more cash) can be pointed at the playing staff. It would never have worked the other way round. 

So Alan Sugar and Richard Branson got it wrong then did they? All the things you mention above need to be paid for. At this moment in time, we are starting to alienate a section of our our Customers who are vital both in the short and long term. The only aspect of any business is SALES. Without this there is nothing to follow. If we have a decrease in Season Ticket sales, the end game will not come to fruition. If the product being offered does not attract Customers, then nothing else will happen.

Ann Budge built a very successful business, perhaps you should ask her where her priorities were? No one buys a business because of the Infrastructure, Large Premises etc. The product must be right or else. imo we need to turn our focus and concentrate on ensuring the team is winning football matches, and not scraping into a top 6th place.......

Rocky jamboa

The only thing Ann's guilty of is giving Craig levein too much control of the football side and being in a difficult position due to their close friendship. 

She's admitted herself that she doesn't know much about the football side, however, off the pitch, she's done a lot right. The business side is in a great position. The football side is more Craig's responsibility and that's what's letting us down at the moment and will have an impact on the business side, if things continue as they are. 

I'm sure she can see that as well and will hopefully have the leadership/courage to change things round.

Edited by Paulp74

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

So Alan Sugar and Richard Branson got it wrong then did they? All the things you mention above need to be paid for. At this moment in time, we are starting to alienate a section of our our Customers who are vital both in the short and long term. The only aspect of any business is SALES. Without this there is nothing to follow. If we have a decrease in Season Ticket sales, the end game will not come to fruition. If the product being offered does not attract Customers, then nothing else will happen.

Ann Budge built a very successful business, perhaps you should ask her where her priorities were? No one buys a business because of the Infrastructure, Large Premises etc. The product must be right or else. imo we need to turn our focus and concentrate on ensuring the team is winning football matches, and not scraping into a top 6th place.......

Alan Sugar was never able to guide Spurs into the top six.....

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

The club is already better and more consistent. 

This is typical of JKB and keeps threads rambling on, decompartmentalise everything to suit the agenda.

The club is thriving, nobody can criticise that, the facts say crowds are up, revenue is up and more importantly, profit is up. That doesn't suit agendas though so let's divide the club up into sections so we can rip it to bits. 

Its a Football Club, not just a Football team.

The moaners just jump from one bitter rant to another and it's a shame the less intelligent can't see through it and choose to jump on the bandwagon using the same boring cliche.

Far to many selfish hard of thinking supporters are actually making an attempt to drag the rest of us down by constantly banging on about eye bleeding, boring, negative this that and the other. It's complete pish, we're currently playing average football with the resources at hand.

I firmly believe the doomongers and haters that rant and groan and abuse everything and everybody concerned with Hearts are doing a damn sight more damage to the club than Ann Budge and Craig Levein thats for sure.

Negativity breeds negativity and sticking pins in your eyes is more akin to reading JKB these days than watching Hearts.

Spot On! 

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What "off-field upheaval" has there been since CL was appointed?

He's been at the club for circa 7 years as both DOF and manager . 

Rocky jamboa
11 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Spot on. 

At the end of the day, we're a football club and if the product on the pitch isn't right, it will impact season ticket sales, walk ups, hospitality, club shop sales, sponsorship, attracting better players etc etc etc

16 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The only thing Ann's guilty of is giving Craig levein too much control of the football side and being in a difficult position due to their close friendship. 

She's admitted herself that she doesn't know much about the football side, however, off the pitch, she's done a lot right. The business side is in a great position. The football side is more Craig's responsibility and that's what's letting us down at the moment and will have an impact on the business side, if things continue as they are. 

I'm sure she can see that as well and will hopefully have the leadership/courage to change things round.

Totally agree with your comments.

Her biggest mistake was making Levein a full Board Director which made him answerable to no one as she totally delegates the football decisions to him.

3 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

The club is already better and more consistent. 

This is typical of JKB and keeps threads rambling on, decompartmentalise everything to suit the agenda.

The club is thriving, nobody can criticise that, the facts say crowds are up, revenue is up and more importantly, profit is up. That doesn't suit agendas though so let's divide the club up into sections so we can rip it to bits. 

Its a Football Club, not just a Football team.

The moaners just jump from one bitter rant to another and it's a shame the less intelligent can't see through it and choose to jump on the bandwagon using the same boring cliche.

Far to many selfish hard of thinking supporters are actually making an attempt to drag the rest of us down by constantly banging on about eye bleeding, boring, negative this that and the other. It's complete pish, we're currently playing average football with the resources at hand.

I firmly believe the doomongers and haters that rant and groan and abuse everything and everybody concerned with Hearts are doing a damn sight more damage to the club than Ann Budge and Craig Levein thats for sure.

Negativity breeds negativity and sticking pins in your eyes is more akin to reading JKB these days than watching Hearts.

Sorry but the football on show is absolutely dire. And whether we like it or not it will impact attendances. The chat in the pubs before and after games is apathy, fans are getting fed up with the football and they will begin to vote with their feet, which will then have an impact on the business side of things. 

12 hours ago, graygo said:

There are probably around 100 posts a day criticising her but these posts come from about 5 posters, you being the worst.

12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Really? I would say it is. The largest Hearts forum and has a wide demographic.

11 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Celtic fans thought Fergus McCann wasn’t interested in winning games. That worked out alright.

You are without doubt 

11 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Celtic fans thought Fergus McCann wasn’t interested in winning games. That worked out alright.

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Good post and I echo most of it.

For me, I dislike Budge for many reasons and the main one is that I don't agree with her bottom line. Winning games is simply not her main interest, to me it is all about her and the club's image.

I also feel that more and more each day this is becoming her club and that is not how it should be.

We are a soft touch on the field due to her and she has made Tynecastle a library.

You are the most negative poster on kickback you never ever have anything good to say about the hearts. Why don’t you go and support another team as it is obvious to not only me that you are one unhappy person who rather than support the hearts takes every opportunity to slag CL or A B. Whilst you are entitled to an opinion why not actually for one say something positive or is that beyond you

13 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Sorry but the football on show is absolutely dire. And whether we like it or not it will impact attendances. The chat in the pubs before and after games is apathy, fans are getting fed up with the football and they will begin to vote with their feet, which will then have an impact on the business side of things. 

These guys on here really believe that the total frustration and apathy towards Levein’s brand of dire football is limited to a few “moaners” and “haters” on JKB!

Do this lot actually go to games, have discussions with other Hearts fans in the pub before and after games, go on supporters buses, read other social media.......because they have no grasp of reality of the groundswell of the Hearts support.

Edited by Thomaso

Johnny Sandiego

Look who we have played to get to the semi and final respectively.

Our football has been largely awful to get to these latter stages. If you constitute eye bleeding awful football where we’ve failed to get results in the league since October as success then that’s absolutely fine.

Im fed up reading this type of thing from our own fans. Considering all the bad draws we have had over the years we should be delighted to get the rub of the green for once. What do you want us to do, ask them to put the balls back in the hat and draw it again as it wasnt hard enough? 

The league form from November has been awful but we need to drop this easy cup run nonsense as the cup runs are clearly a positive. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sandiego said:

Im fed up reading this type of thing from our own fans. Considering all the bad draws we have had over the years we should be delighted to get the rub of the green for once. What do you want us to do, ask them to put the balls back in the hat and draw it again as it wasnt hard enough? 

The league form from November has been awful but we need to drop this easy cup run nonsense as the cup runs are clearly a positive. 

Another one who misses the point.

All Hearts are delighted we got such lucky draws in the SC.

The point is that some on here are putting up getting to the final against inferior opposition as a beacon that the performances of our football team under Levein have improved.

Progression in the cup - yes

Progression of the overall performances of our team - no.

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Only hibs fans would highlight what an easy cup run we’ve had. 

????

The Wrinkly Ninja
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

These guys on here really believe that the total frustration and apathy towards Levein’s brand of dire football is limited to a few “moaners” and “haters” on JKB!

Do this lot actually go to games, have discussions with other Hearts fans in the pub before and after games, go on supporters buses, read other social media.......because they have no grasp of reality of the groundswell of the Hearts support.

That may be true, but in the context of the arguments in this thread I'm not hearing many punters in the boozer before the game proposing that the employees in the sales, marketing and community functions of the club be placed on pay as we win contracts. I came out of the Rangers game saying that the football was dogshit, I criticised the players and I criticised the management . I didn't come out of the Rangers game saying Budge needs to stop doing the job of growing the business side club until we are 3rd in the table! 

It's only a select few binary thinking bitch face wallopers on here that can't see that different employees within the club, despite maybe wanting us to leave at least one man up at corners, don't have the influence to make that happen. They need to just get on with their job of attempting to increase income and profile despite how tediously slow and predictable our football is. Maybe the two aren't as mutually exclusive as is being implied! It's actually ok to want the business side of the club to grow AND to be disappointed with results. We don't have to clear out the entire club of employees every time Olly ****ing Lee gets caught in possession!

4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

That may be true, but in the context of the arguments in this thread I'm not hearing many punters in the boozer before the game proposing that the employees in the sales, marketing and community functions of the club be placed on pay as we win contracts. I came out of the Rangers game saying that the football was dogshit, I criticised the players and I criticised the management . I didn't come out of the Rangers game saying Budge needs to stop doing the job of growing the business side club until we are 3rd in the table! 

It's only a select few binary thinking bitch face wallopers on here that can't see that different employees within the club, despite maybe wanting us to leave at least one man up at corners, don't have the influence to make that happen. They need to just get on with their job of attempting to increase income and profile despite how tediously slow and predictable our football is. Maybe the two aren't as mutually exclusive as is being implied! It's actually ok to want the business side of the club to grow AND to be disappointed with results. We don't have to clear out the entire club of employees every time Olly ****ing Lee gets caught in possession!

Not sure why you pinned that on to my post.

For the record I think Budge has done a fantastic job off the pitch - likewise all the staff in hospitality, ticket office, shop, etc.

We also have a stadium that we can all be proud off, and as a result our vital income streams can improve - the one thing holding us back is the dire football on the park!

Anne is doing a fantastic job. Club is in good shape it seems. Depending on how she (along with the board/advisors) assesses the season, I'd back her in whatever decision is taken. Sacking Levein would be harsh in my opinion but I thought the same of Romanov sacking Jefferies..

If this is another anti Levein thread then just come out with it. It's scientific fact that Anne is the best owner we've had in many years. Grow up you mups! 

Club off the pitch is unrecognisable from pre AB era in a positive way. Fantastic infrastructure is in place.

However on a personal level next year is the right time for change. 

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Well said.

45 minutes ago, NEWSTAND said:

You are without doubt 

You are the most negative poster on kickback you never ever have anything good to say about the hearts. Why don’t you go and support another team as it is obvious to not only me that you are one unhappy person who rather than support the hearts takes every opportunity to slag CL or A B. Whilst you are entitled to an opinion why not actually for one say something positive or is that beyond you

Craig Levein was a great player.

Austin Macphee has a lovely shine to his hair.

Ann Budge has done well for herself.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Money will follow a successful team? Heard it all now. 

Rangers followed that strategy. Ended well, eh?

No, I think they did and the new incarnation continues to do the opposite.

jambocraig89

I will not criticize budge in anyway for the work she has done to save the club and what she has done on the commercial side of the business or even the closing down of sections. one thing i will criticize her for is how she has let Levein get away with what he has for the last 2 seasons. we seem to be a team that is going backwards instead of forwards and any other club would of dealt with this a lot sooner. I reckon its too late now to save our season we wont finish above hibs and for levein his final roll of the dice will be winning the cup which looks like a formidable task now. If he doesnt do the hounorable thing and leave if we lose the cup final. She will need to take action. Losing surplus of 2k season ticket holders over 2 seasons is a lot of money the club is losing out on and for clever business woman like anne surely she must know how his appointment is costing the club.

Bazzas right boot

The woman deserves a statue and if not, the stand named after her. 

Marvellous woman and the reason some have a club to support, or in some cases a new stand to complain about, a new pitch to complain about, a manager to slag and a team to boo. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

Though it doesn't immediately affect us financially the fact we've failed to sell out the derby before general sale is evidence fans are beginning to vote with their feet (or bums).

Calebs Grandad

That’s the one criticism that’s finally broke the camels back. Once Budgie reads this thread she will introduce jazz hands instead of applause at Tynecastle from next season. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Though it doesn't immediately affect us financially the fact we've failed to sell out the derby before general sale is evidence fans are beginning to vote with their feet (or bums).

Correct and as CEO, she needs to be aware of that as a threat to the prosperity of the club. It's clear the way fans rallied round in 2013 has now passed.

18 minutes ago, jambocraig89 said:

I will not criticize budge in anyway for the work she has done to save the club and what she has done on the commercial side of the business or even the closing down of sections. one thing i will criticize her for is how she has let Levein get away with what he has for the last 2 seasons. we seem to be a team that is going backwards instead of forwards and any other club would of dealt with this a lot sooner. I reckon its too late now to save our season we wont finish above hibs and for levein his final roll of the dice will be winning the cup which looks like a formidable task now. If he doesnt do the hounorable thing and leave if we lose the cup final. She will need to take action. Losing surplus of 2k season ticket holders over 2 seasons is a lot of money the club is losing out on and for clever business woman like anne surely she must know how his appointment is costing the club.

Have we lost over 2k season ticket holders over the past 2 years?

At the end of season 2017 our average gate was 16,327.

At the end of season 2018 our average gate was 18,336.

So far this season we have averaged 17,553.

If as you say, we have lost over 2k season ticket holders then we have more than made up for it in walk ups.

Unless you have just made up that figure?

10 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

That’s the one criticism that’s finally broke the camels back. Once Budgie reads this thread she will introduce jazz hands instead of applause at Tynecastle from next season. 

:gok:

45 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

100% correct. Maybe people could read the thread topic and leave the Levein bashing to the other hundred threads about him. Anyone who wants Budge out of the club is not a Hearts supporter. Anyone who wants her to sack Levein in the next few weeks is not a Hearts supporter. There may well be changes coming after the cup final but all Hearts supporters should be backing everyone at our club until then

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

The on pitch product has improved since Budge took over......we finished bottom the table before she took over....???? Weird!

I do agree with you though! What kickback needs is more threads complaining about the lack of updates on the new stand that never would have been built without her!

Finished bottom with a 15 point penalty and in the immediate aftermath of admin. The following season we had an attractive side playing good football and absolutely romping a league that included Rangers and Hibs. And as the following season showed was able to continue to perform well and attractively in the top flight finishing a comfortable 3rd. The product improved when Ann took over, with a squad she inherited. On pitch performance has been in steady decline since then. 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

100% correct. Maybe people could read the thread topic and leave the Levein bashing to the other hundred threads about him. Anyone who wants Budge out of the club is not a Hearts supporter. Anyone who wants her to sack Levein in the next few weeks is not a Hearts supporter. There may well be changes coming after the cup final but all Hearts supporters should be backing everyone at our club until then

It's not fair or correct to say they are not Hearts supporters, shite ones maybe.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Finished bottom with a 15 point penalty and in the immediate aftermath of admin. The following season we had an attractive side playing good football and absolutely romping a league that included Rangers and Hibs. And as the following season showed was able to continue to perform well and attractively in the top flight finishing a comfortable 3rd. The product improved when Ann took over, with a squad she inherited. On pitch performance has been in steady decline since then. 

The squad was completely overhauled after Ann Budge took over. There can't have been many who were here when we finished 3rd were at the club before she came in.

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Correct. Some total idiots among our "support".  

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

The squad was completely overhauled after Ann Budge took over. There can't have been many who were here when we finished 3rd were at the club before she came in.

OK memory playing tricks. I thought the promotion season and the one after had more contributions from academy graduates, certainly than the present side.

Point stands - these were the highlights of the Budge area and on the pitch it has been downhill since then.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Meadows said:

A lot is made of the personal money she has invested, however it is my understanding she is being repaid in full plus attractive interest. 

Her partner ( Eric ) is on almost £200k with salary, pension etc) over five years equals another £1m into the household . 

Her brother has the biggest contract his company has ever dreamt about. 

Even her daughters boyfriend is now on the payroll as assistant kitman ! 

Her philanthropy isn’t all one way . 

I don't know how much that is true but if so isn't she just maintaining (in that respect if nothing else) the traditions of our last great leader, albeit on perhaps a wider scale?

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK memory playing tricks. I thought the promotion season and the one after had more contributions from academy graduates, certainly than the present side.

Point stands - these were the highlights of the Budge area and on the pitch it has been downhill since then.

The cup final isn’t a highlight? ?

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Like a few on here I’ve been watching Hearts since late 50’s and Ann Budge is the first and only owner, apart from the great Wallace Mercer, who has put the interests of Hearts before herself. 

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Prof said:

Like a few on here I’ve been watching Hearts since late 50’s and Ann Budge is the first and only owner, apart from the great Wallace Mercer, who has put the interests of Hearts before herself. 

I am not saying I am not happy with Budge over any previous owner ... but in what way did Vlad put his interests before Hearts? He certainly pumped more money (whether it was his or not it was money he controlled) into Hearts than all previous and current/future owners put together.

Waldo great fun though he probably profited  from Hearts.

Edited by Francis Albert

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not statistically it ain’t.

Best run in the SC for 8 years.

Best run in the LC for 7 years.

More League victories since the season we came back up.

Downhill is not the word i’d use...unless we’re talking about the style of play.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not statistically it ain’t.

Best run in the SC for 8 years.

Best run in the LC for 7 years.

More League victories since the season we came back up.

Downhill is not the word i’d use...unless we’re talking about the style of play.

Some folk can't separate the two Boab.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Not if it’s lost. 

So, just go out in R4 if we’re not going to win it ?

With the lost games/finance to boot ?

Cool !