Ann Budge

DB-14

It should have been ten
20 hours ago, sadj said:

It is indeed , snowflake , happy clapper etc is just as bad.

Tho how its back on a CL thread rather than AB i cant be assed to go back and read

Don’t blame you. It seems to be the way with more or less every thread these days. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Francis Albert

• DB-14

• i8hibsh

23 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Ticketing and Sales...not areas I recall seeing mentioned as having problems (at least not regularly). What are the issues here?

The software ticket master use to run e-tickets is not kept up to date. Recently this created problems for fans trying to get tickets for the derby.  The current software doesn’t work well with Apple operating systems. For example if you try to buy tickets using an IPad the options for how you want to get your tickets are often restricted to collection only.

13 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Genuine question is there any other club that comes to mind whereby the manager is also elected to the board?

It’s an unhealthy situation to be in.

Jim McLean in previous times. As Director of Football he has to be on the board really but I imagine he won't get a vote if they vote to keep him or not at the end of this season though! TBH I don't mind a proper football person being on the board of a football club at all.

It should have been ten
29 minutes ago, credit card said:

Think he's a Hobo

Ah...well that would explain the ‘mince’ part in his username ?

shaun.lawson
11 hours ago, sadj said:

I thought you would measure it by our championships. Amazing what people think outside looking in. There is as much discord with Sox fans as there is Hearts fans and has been many many times the last 18 years. A lot of underperforming , bad decisions on signings etc. 

Sabermetrics is not a Boston thing. It became a baseball thing that Boston used. Value for money is fair - they refuse to go ott in bidding for players and have often lost their top players to the Yankees. Again something likely to happen with Mookie Betts. Often they have pushed the luxury tax level to breaking point and you can only do that for two years (i think) third year you get fined crazy money.Whether that is value for money is a opinion based. They are still paying Pablo Sandoval for instance

Ah - but the thing about Bostonians is: they're never happy. The Red Sox fanbase, like the Patriots', has become horrendously entitled. That's the flipside of success really. Then there's the Boston media: which scrutinises everything to a ridiculous extent and makes constant mountains out of molehills. It's a hothouse. 

Against that backdrop, FSG have done wondrously well really. And while absolutely, sabermetrics wasn't a Boston thing to begin with, they were the first to turn it into a Championship-winning component. Hail Theo and all who sail in him.

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Ah - but the thing about Bostonians is: they're never happy. The Red Sox fanbase, like the Patriots', has become horrendously entitled. That's the flipside of success really. Then there's the Boston media: which scrutinises everything to a ridiculous extent and makes constant mountains out of molehills. It's a hothouse. 

Against that backdrop, FSG have done wondrously well really. And while absolutely, sabermetrics wasn't a Boston thing to begin with, they were the first to turn it into a Championship-winning component. Hail Theo and all who sail in him.

They undoubtably recognised the potential of it and Bill James and Billy Beane’s success with it for the A’s. However your point was initially the championships make the FSG group a success. When you look at appointments such as Bobby Valentine , a man who many think was just given the job to tank and get the fans off their back for Tito leaving. The way we went 5th to 1st and back again like a yoyo. Its only the last three years we have had any proper stability for the first time since I’d say 2008. Even this stability has been built on overspending and luck to a degree. Dave Dombrowski has thrown everything at win now. We have a pathetic farm system now that is the future of the club and as such its not at all healthy in that respect. 

The Boston fan base are no different to Hearts fans , very demanding and many never satisfied. Again thats very relevant looking at the success and how that translates as an owner to AB and Hearts. We as a fanbase expect the Sox to be pushing to get to the World Series every year , that is not entitled it is because the money spent at the Sox id reckon would be higher than anyone except the Dodgers and Yankees. Common sense says apart from the odd year when you slump to mediocrity you should be there or there about. The slumps under FSG have been awful and many expect another thanks to DD this time though they fear we might not get out of it so easily. We have a superb spine but that can only last a few years and without work it’ll go tits again therefore FSG are approaching a crossroads they haven’t had to deal with in their ownership time. Even when we went 86 years without winning a thing we had the same expectations. Difference is they were not being accomplished other than the odd season like 86. Having those expectations on the back of success on the field will magnify any potential risks and possible failures.