Ann Budge

DB-14

i wish jj was my dad

Money will follow a successful team? Heard it all now. 

Rangers followed that strategy. Ended well, eh?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Francis Albert

• DB-14

• i8hibsh

33 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Yeah, but will it be better and more consistent with Levein in charge? That's the issue here...great off the park, potentially brilliant on it but do we need change for that to happen? And if Budge won't change it what happens next? 

Big questions and decisions to be made imo.

The club is already better and more consistent. 

This is typical of JKB and keeps threads rambling on, decompartmentalise everything to suit the agenda.

The club is thriving, nobody can criticise that, the facts say crowds are up, revenue is up and more importantly, profit is up. That doesn't suit agendas though so let's divide the club up into sections so we can rip it to bits. 

Its a Football Club, not just a Football team.

The moaners just jump from one bitter rant to another and it's a shame the less intelligent can't see through it and choose to jump on the bandwagon using the same boring cliche.

Far to many selfish hard of thinking supporters are actually making an attempt to drag the rest of us down by constantly banging on about eye bleeding, boring, negative this that and the other. It's complete pish, we're currently playing average football with the resources at hand.

I firmly believe the doomongers and haters that rant and groan and abuse everything and everybody concerned with Hearts are doing a damn sight more damage to the club than Ann Budge and Craig Levein thats for sure.

Negativity breeds negativity and sticking pins in your eyes is more akin to reading JKB these days than watching Hearts.

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It is clear that 'Queen Ann' is getting less and less popular. You only have to go as far as this forum to see this. I imagine this time next year it will be more so.

No-one with any connection to Hearts seems to be popular with the majority of regulars on this forum. Jkb has turned into a ‘kick Hearts’ message board. 

3 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

The club is already better and more consistent. 

This is typical of JKB and keeps threads rambling on, decompartmentalise everything to suit the agenda.

The club is thriving, nobody can criticise that, the facts say crowds are up, revenue is up and more importantly, profit is up. That doesn't suit agendas though so let's divide the club up into sections so we can rip it to bits. 

Its a Football Club, not just a Football team.

The moaners just jump from one bitter rant to another and it's a shame the less intelligent can't see through it and choose to jump on the bandwagon using the same boring cliche.

Far to many selfish hard of thinking supporters are actually making an attempt to drag the rest of us down by constantly banging on about eye bleeding, boring, negative this that and the other. It's complete pish, we're currently playing average football with the resources at hand.

I firmly believe the doomongers and haters that rant and groan and abuse everything and everybody concerned with Hearts are doing a damn sight more damage to the club than Ann Budge and Craig Levein thats for sure.

Negativity breeds negativity and sticking pins in your eyes is more akin to reading JKB these days than watching Hearts.

You crack on enjoying the football quality on offer then.  

As a ST holder, FOH subscriber I am very happy with things off the park but I don’t agree that we are even remotely playing “average” football. Remind me - what’s the games played / win etc since the League Cup semi in October ?

if your happy and accepting watching it then your easily pleased is think.

8 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

I don’t sit in G and I understand why the decision was made but why effect everyone that sits there and close the section. How difficult can it be to identify the cretins?

Obviously harder than you think. The guys causing the bother in the two sections dont have tickets for those sections. Our cctv isn’t good enough, in the main, to support police action. 

I believe that, at the end of the season she will have a big decision to make. I honestly think regardless of if we win the cup or not Craig may either retire completely or return to DOF duties. I don't think he will be manager next season. I don't think he's bulletproof and neither do I think it's a good idea to sack your manager this close to a cup final.

Anne Budge is a businesswoman not an old granny, as some like to portray her. Finishing 6th is not good enough. The football we play is not good enough. The results and performances on the pitch, albeit with mitigating circumstances are not good enough. We ken it. She kens it and

Image result for patsy kensit image

Come on, be honest, you folk who dinnae want Ann Budge are annoyed we have a woman in charge.

As a business - and guess what, football is a business - we've never been in better hands.  Why anyon would want to throw that away is crazy.  Crazy, but not surprising.

Ann Budge for me has done superbly. What option did she have from closing that section ? Idiots singing sectarian songs, throwing flares damaging a pitch the rest of us paid for etc

the only thing she’s failed at for me is her staunch backing (as loyal as it is) for Craig Levein. However I’m sure that will be decided either way by 5pm on the 25th May.

8 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Why can we not get it right on and off the field at the same time?. Why does the main function of Heart of Midlothian need to suffer, to get it right off the field?

Building any business is providing what Customers want. There is no point in opening a brand new store, if it does not attract customers.

Opening a store is. Good analogy. 

There is no point pitching up day 1 at a bit of wasteland with a pile of food to sell. Success day 1 as you make some money but won’t be anywhere near enough to make real profits long term or enough to reinvest to build the store.  You’re priority has to be infrastructure. Larger premises, attractive frontage, maybe cafe to attract and retain people there. Car parking. These need to be the priorities, maybe with a part opening to get some income to tide you over but, until and unless you get the full infrastructure done you won’t reach your full potential. 

Sone people on here are just thinking. Get as much absvthe best product onto that wasteland as quickly as possible. 

We are getting to the point where a number of these projects reach completion and come off the daily agenda and more focus (and more cash) can be pointed at the playing staff. It would never have worked the other way round. 

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No-one with any connection to Hearts seems to be popular with the majority of regulars on this forum. Jkb has turned into a ‘kick Hearts’ message board. 

This. The KB is reeking  of interlopers, malcontents and trolls at the moment. A deep clean is badly needed.

38 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

You crack on enjoying the football quality on offer then.  

As a ST holder, FOH subscriber I am very happy with things off the park but I don’t agree that we are even remotely playing “average” football. Remind me - what’s the games played / win etc since the League Cup semi in October ?

if your happy and accepting watching it then your easily pleased is think.

The only games we've lost and deservedly so, are against Rangers all games and Livi away. Should have beat Hibs, played very well and created enough to win 2 games, the losses that stung us where the home midweek games against Dundee and whoever else it was, can't be arsed looking. We're an average team in an average league, possibly even a victim of our own early season success. Thats football.

As this thread is about Ann Budge then perhaps without knowing the current finances supporters should be more interested in Ann possibly releasing more funds for players of a better quality rather than greeting and moaning like petulant little children. 

That's possibly debate for grown ups though. Aye, forget that.

Finlay James
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

This. The KB is reeking  of interlopers, malcontents and trolls at the moment. A deep clean is badly needed.

Win at Easter road this weekend and we'll see an alarming drop in the anti-Hearts brigade on JKB

jack D and coke
7 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

I don't think she has let us down yet,  if she lets the situation with Craig Levein go on into next season she will have,  I can see her point of view in not getting rid of the manager now, ( I don't share her view), she will also let us down if she lets the current manager pick the next one from his existing staff, I will withhold any criticism of Mrs Budge until the end of the season. Give her a chance guys, she has been with Craig Levein from the start, it can't be easy for her.

I’d find it difficult to criticise her at all if being honest. The club has never been so well run with such good facilities but there is a growing issue with what’s on the park and I’m sure she aware of it too. 

It must be a difficult time atm and her decision end of the season will likely be one of the toughest she has to make. 

She hasn’t made many mistakes so far imo. 

9 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd like someone to come in that can continue building what she has started, but she's going to divide the support and thats something we absolutely cannot have. 

Who would you have come in to replace her then? One of the dozens of successful football club chief execs with a proven history of off field profit combined with on field success that are readily available?

The Treasurer

Can't be arsed reading the whole thread as it's mostly saying the same over and over.

The OP says AB is above criticism from some people. Not true.

She has done a great job in turning the club around and making us financially secure for the long term.

She did this on the back of putting up her own money, without which we wouldn't be here at all.

These things, even her biggest critic must give her credit for.

Where she seems to get most stick is in two areas.

She's doing her best to rid the club of arseholes and in doing so has ruffled more than a few feathers, but unlike most clubs, at least she is trying to address the problem.

By her own admission she needed someone with more football knowledge than her and CL was someone she trusted. She has backed him financially but will expect a return on that investment on the pitch. She watches every game and knows as well as anyone that what we are seeing is not acceptable.

Despite what some think, she won't allow this to continue indefinitely.

mellors1874

Ann budge for me is doing a great job.

She is ridding the club of the support who act and behave like old firm fans.

She has also increased the income the club makes by more than double when she walked in the door and we have a stadium now that is first class.

if hearts win the cup she will have seen hearts win two trophies in her time here considering only romanov managed that and nearly killed the club for her to do that and not put the club in financial peril is good enough for me 

16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Can't be arsed reading the whole thread as it's mostly saying the same over and over.

She has done a great job in turning the club around and making us financially secure for the long term.

She did this on the back of putting up her own money, without which we wouldn't be here at all.

She's doing her best to rid the club of arseholes and in doing so has ruffled more than a few feathers, but unlike most clubs, at least she is trying to address the problem.

By her own admission she needed someone with more football knowledge than her and CL was someone she trusted. She has backed him financially but will expect a return on that investment on the pitch. She watches every game and knows as well as anyone that what we are seeing is not acceptable.

Bang on the money

19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

All well and good but I prefer square corner flags and until it's sorted we're going backwards, really quick,

Selkirkhmfc1874
21 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Good post 

Italian Lambretta
21 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

So do you think she has a cut off time when the plug will be pulled from Mr Levein or do we have to go though the same shite for another season?

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Money will follow a successful team? Heard it all now. 

Rangers followed that strategy. Ended well, eh?

Ah, so Rangers are the rule for the entire world.

28 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Good post...

I still believe the new stand slowed progression down a little. But I believe this is one step back to go two steps forward. 

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

So do you think she has a cut off time when the plug will be pulled from Mr Levein or do we have to go though the same shite for another season?

I've no idea.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Of course not, but they should act as a warning of how not to go about trying to bring success

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not just rangers ! See what happened few years ago when we were paying what we couldn't afford and thankfully Mrs Budge came in to save us 

Ann doesn’t read Social Media but she does get some feedback on what’s being said. (Possibly from daughter but also others). 

It might help if the Hibs Trolls and the ones who have a personal axe to grind (eg banned for whatever reason, unhappy they can’t throw flares on the pitch causing financial damage etc), could maybe put an * next to their name so she can get a clearer picture of true sentiment. 

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, Sid said:

Ann doesn’t read Social Media but she does get some feedback on what’s being said. (Possibly from daughter but also others). 

It might help if the Hibs Trolls and the ones who have a personal axe to grind (eg banned for whatever reason, unhappy they can’t throw flares on the pitch causing financial damage etc), could maybe put an * next to their name so she can get a clearer picture of true sentiment. 

As far as Im aware the most recent Federation meeting they made their concerns very clear and they are not the smoke bomb throwing types you are referring too.

colinmaroon
11 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Why is she immune from criticism in some quarters on here?

Undoubtedly we have to be thankful for her assistance in saving the club but equally I highly doubt she’d have invested if it wasn’t for the contribution of supporters.

Some people on here appear happy to accept our current on the pitch mediocrity because Budge saved the club and are therefore won’t criticise the club for her numerous ridiculous decisions and I include the closing of Section G in that as well as our current shambles on the pitch.

You need to!

9 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

As far as Im aware the most recent Federation meeting they made their concerns very clear and they are not the smoke bomb throwing types you are referring too.

Says who?

10 hours ago, OTT said:

Did I not explain that?

For me, its too top down. Authoritarian, 'Do as I say'. I think its far too confrontational. I don't believe the way she is going about it will yield the results she wants. I think her approach has left a lot of fans confused on what they can and cannot do.

You're free to disagree, but I think the evidence is there. Our support is getting more and more divided over issues like this. I think there is a reason owners and chief executives don't get involved in this sort of thing and its for good reason.

I think she's being extremely naive in thinking she alone can fix this issue. It goes well beyond Tynecastle's walls. 

I must have imagined the numerous statements from Ann Budge about the behaviour of some of our fans and what she would be forced do if it continued.

9 hours ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

business side of things she’s great at. The football side she is clueless. 

That's hardly a revelation is it?

Christ she has said as much herself.

We need a poll on how long posters have been following Hearts.

I know some have been for longer than me but since I started going in the early 80’s Ann Budge has been the one and only owner of this club who has not been a complete shyster and has the business acumen to run a successful modern day football club! Mercer (RIP) Robinson (****) and Romanov would struggle to organise a ride in a hoor hoose!

She rebuilt the club from oblivion to what we see now. 

Yes the football is dire but here’s the thing when I sat and watched us get relegated to the championship and Bryan Jackson moved into the board room I thought it was over or at least I’d be lucky to see us in a cup final again! 

Yes Levien needs to go but I tell you what I happy it’s Ann Budge who needs to make that decision and not the 3 previous incumbents mentioned above.

If you’re a bairn who can’t take a bit of a tough run go support someone else this is what following Heart of Midlothian is all about....many of us where there when they were passing buckets round the terracing and lobbing in spare change...to a few years later watching us play Bayern Munich, we watched us get beat of shite like Airdrie in cup semis...to eventually seeing wee Robbo lift the Scottish Cup and greeting with pure joy, we threw that prick Robinson our before he took us to murrayfield then watched us beat Hibs 5-1 in a cup final, we almost went bust and now in a month I’ll be stood at hampden in another final.

So man the **** up and support the greatest team in the world! Heart of Midlothian FC it’s a thing of beauty!

5 hours ago, Finlay James said:

The fact that it is the many who get it should tell you something mate i.e. it's the minority who don't.

Ann & Craig have been a revelation for our club and she has rightly stuck by him as he guides us through the biggest period of change in our history.  5 years in, it's now time to bring in fresh ideas but we have the small matter of a cup final to navigate and for getting us there, no matter of the opposition, Craig Levein deserves everyone's 100% backing.

If you’re referring to JKB the majority back Budge and rightly so, however the minority back Levein’s brand of dire football - an opinion that comes out loud and strong in all social media AND was evident at the recent games against Hibs and Rangers.

4 hours ago, Bauld said:

Personally I think some fans are spoiled and have developed some sort of warped entitlement that the club should be winning trophies and finishing top 3 every year. 

Both of those being rare occurrences for us in reality.

This isn't an abnormal season for us. We jump up and down the league positions like most of the other top 6 clubs quite regularly.

Perhaps in the future as the revenue increases we will have a team who regularly finish near the top but that is still a work in progress.

Ah the old “sense of entitlement” spin.....I’ve missed that one! ?

4 minutes ago, graygo said:

I must have imagined the numerous statements from Ann Budge about the behaviour of some of our fans and what she would be forced do if it continued.

This issue is where division of supporters occurs. She said, quite plainly, that is was the route she was going to go down. I think it’s quite legitimate to disagree with her course of action regarding the closure of Lower G and the inconvenience of decent supporters.

The problems were evident and, IMO, could have been handled in a stewarding and police way without closure.

Hard of thinking criticism of AB is just ridiculous however. Like Fergus McCann with the hooped demons, she will leave us with a transformed club infrastructure and every supporter should be eternally grateful to her because of that.

It’s not as simple as being on one side or another, is all i’m saying.

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Section G closure, backing of Craig Levein, the lack of updates regarding the Main Stand which despite the errors which have plagued it since its planning including no seats being ordered, the appointment of her brothers construction company for no apparent reason...

The only criticism I would have of her closing section G is that she didn't do it soon enough.

11 hours ago, SectionN said:

You cannot fault her for what she has done to the commercial side of the business but the footballing side leaving it to Levein who appears to have a blank cheque and bulletproof is where I feel she deserves criticism.

Craig Levein has been in charge for about 18 months. His appointment was widely approved of by the supporters. He might end up with the Scottish Cup after his first full season. If he doesn't I'm guessing he'll no longer be manager.

11 hours ago, Jodami said:

Because she has fulfilled her part of the deal, delivering on infrastructure and backing the manager with money. Stadium looks great and we have maybe the best pitch in the league. We also stretched our budget to get Clare. The issue is on the playing side and she has a big decision with the manager at the end of the season. 

Ann Budge is not responsible for causing incidents in the stadium. As for closing lower G she could have closed the whole of G and H and fans could still have been accommodated on Saturday and Kilmarnock will be worse. 

This.

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It is clear that 'Queen Ann' is getting less and less popular. You only have to go as far as this forum to see this. I imagine this time next year it will be more so.

There's no show without Punch.

Psychedelicropcircle

Were the most progressive club in Scotland off the park, on it were slightly less boring that Livi, difference being livi can tell their fans it starts & ends with staying in the PL. we on the other hand want entertaining football & have the fan power to demand it.

11 hours ago, OTT said:

Unfortunately, I think i'm moving towards the budge out crowd. I appreciate everything Ann has done for the club in getting it back on its feet but her approach to dealing with fan misbehaviour doesn't sit well with me, neither does the lack of accountability that Levein seems to enjoy. I'm not saying she's wrong to call out these fans, just her approach in doing so is too top down. 

She's a first class business person and I absolutely respect the job she's done on the business side. Its clearly been far from smooth sailing and her hard work has secured our future at Tynecastle, given us a stand which will generate week round revenue and appointed many quality people into the club.  

I'd like someone to come in that can continue building what she has started, but she's going to divide the support and thats something we absolutely cannot have. 

If we win the cup I think that will paper over the cracks in the short term but that doesn't take away from yet another disappointing season by the man that is supposed to be turning things round. If Budge will not remove him then she needs to go.

I am all for her dividing the support.

We need to create a clear divide between proper fans who go to support their team, and the racists and sectarian bigots who are dragging our name through the mud. As far as I can see Budge has taken the strongest action against the bigots within the suport of any club in the league.

She should be getting praise for this not criticism. I would be happy to see these fans never come back to the ground. We don't need them.

If some normal fans are temporarily inconvenienced while we sort this problem, then that's annoying but so be it.

Performances on the park are currently poor, but we are not a million miles from being a good team.

4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Brendan Rodgers took Celtic to a different level.

You must be deluded.  They consistently beat teams they should have been beating, possibly even some lower league teams in cup runs.  As such, some might say they received a "bye" to two trebles.  Rodgers was probably lucky to stay in the job after merely meeting minimum expectations.

32 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I know some have been for longer than me but since I started going in the early 80’s Ann Budge has been the one and only owner of this club who has not been a complete shyster and has the business acumen to run a successful modern day football club! Mercer (RIP) Robinson (****) and Romanov would struggle to organise a ride in a hoor hoose!

Yes the football is dire but here’s the thing when I sat and watched us get relegated to the championship and Bryan Jackson moved into the board room I thought it was over or at least I’d be lucky to see us in a cup final again! 

Yes Levien needs to go but I tell you what I happy it’s Ann Budge who needs to make that decision and not the 3 previous incumbents mentioned above.

If you’re a bairn who can’t take a bit of a tough run go support someone else this is what following Heart of Midlothian is all about....many of us where there when they were passing buckets round the terracing and lobbing in spare change...to a few years later watching us play Bayern Munich, we watched us get beat of shite like Airdrie in cup semis...to eventually seeing wee Robbo lift the Scottish Cup and greeting with pure joy, we threw that prick Robinson our before he took us to murrayfield then watched us beat Hibs 5-1 in a cup final, we almost went bust and now in a month I’ll be stood at hampden in another final.

So man the **** up and support the greatest team in the world! Heart of Midlothian FC it’s a thing of beauty!

Exactly, well said Sir, but far too sensible for many on here.

32 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Exactly, well said Sir, but far too sensible for many on here.

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

2 trophys realisticly on offer.

1 semi, 1 final.

That's improvement or are we going all Hibs and demanding flair ahead of Silverware as a gauge to suit these days? 

While we are all happy with our progress to two semi-finals and a final ignoring the fact that our football (except for the very occasional 45 minutes) has been depressingly dire in both cups and league since October is just as deluded as preferring flair to trophies.

PS and its a bit early to compare flair vs silverware, unless we are talking about the Reserve Cup.

Edited by Francis Albert

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, OTT said:

Unfortunately, I think i'm moving towards the budge out crowd. I appreciate everything Ann has done for the club in getting it back on its feet but her approach to dealing with fan misbehaviour doesn't sit well with me, neither does the lack of accountability that Levein seems to enjoy. I'm not saying she's wrong to call out these fans, just her approach in doing so is too top down. 

She's a first class business person and I absolutely respect the job she's done on the business side. Its clearly been far from smooth sailing and her hard work has secured our future at Tynecastle, given us a stand which will generate week round revenue and appointed many quality people into the club.  

I'd like someone to come in that can continue building what she has started, but she's going to divide the support and thats something we absolutely cannot have

If we win the cup I think that will paper over the cracks in the short term but that doesn't take away from yet another disappointing season by the man that is supposed to be turning things round. If Budge will not remove him then she needs to go.

So, you appreciate everything she's done, you agree she's a first class business woman, well that's good.

However you think she shouldn't have upset some juvenile twats and that the vast majority of fans who agree with her actions should feel some kind of affiliation to said juvenile twats, and that we should stand with them than with the aforementioned first class business woman.

What makes you think that CL won't be accountable?  That's not how first-class business people operate,  but she'll be talking to him before she talks to you or us.

I don't believe you're great at logic OTT.

Inch Hearts

It seems the OPs question has been overlooked to kind of prove his point.

”Why is Anne Budge immune to any criticism?” 

Well its kind of answered itself, she can’t be criticised for anything because of the good she’s done for the club.  That’s the majority view held in this thread anyway. 

A lot is made of the personal money she has invested, however it is my understanding she is being repaid in full plus attractive interest. 

Her partner ( Eric ) is on almost £200k with salary, pension etc) over five years equals another £1m into the household . 

Her brother has the biggest contract his company has ever dreamt about. 

Even her daughters boyfriend is now on the payroll as assistant kitman ! 

Her philanthropy isn’t all one way . 

Ann has done a marvellous job in trying circumstances. Off the field has been a revelation. 

Tbh it was a great call to install Craig as DOF and then manager . he has been a safe pair of hands through all the off field upheaval. 

Probably time now for a thanks to Craig and a parting of the ways . Football has moved on Craig hasn't . We need a new coaching set up with fresh ideas imo . 

Ann can stay aslong as she wants for me , but she can't leave the Craig call to Long as it may start to impact in her tremendous legacy. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

So, you appreciate everything she's done, you agree she's a first class business woman, well that's good.

However you think she shouldn't have upset some juvenile twats and that the vast majority of fans who agree with her actions should feel some kind of affiliation to said juvenile twats, and that we should stand with them than with the aforementioned first class business woman.

What makes you think that CL won't be accountable?  That's not how first-class business people operate,  but she'll be talking to him before she talks to you or us.

I don't believe you're great at logic OTT.

Another fine example of any poster that demonstrates any sort of feelings against Anne Budge ripped into aggressively.  At least the poster refrained from using “brainless” or “morons” etc etc.