Tickets For Final

ronnie_fife

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

People will regret that forever if we win.

My dad and I went to every round in 98 but not the final due to it being Rangers. We've both been utterly gutted ever since.

Can vouch for that mate.

The 1956 final the whole family were there I was considered too wee and too young and punted off to grandma and aunties for the afternoon.

Considering we never won the thing for another 42 years it bugged me. Can see the parents point though. Football grounds were not very child friendly with 135,000 folk packed in.

1998 made up for it though but you never know how long it will be until we win the cup again . Finals are hardly a regular occurrence. 

If the Police would do their jobs and arrest the bad guys then the good guys could take their kids along without fear.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

Forever Hearts

Hearts fans not going to a final because it's against one of the Old Firm. You'd think we were asking them to travel through Helmand Province. 

Was in and out of the ticket office in 5 minutes this morning. No queues ? Think there was only behind the goals tickets left though 

Calebs Grandad
18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

New around these parts, eh?

Far from it but as I said credit where credit is due. 

Calebs Grandad
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Think Sarah means Union "flegs" Harry

Union Jecks? 

10 hours ago, luckydug said:

Obviously not enough people meeting the criteria that has been set.

Club making sure that real fans get first dibs = good management.

Agree.  Think they done well. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, luckydug said:

Obviously not enough people meeting the criteria that has been set.

Club making sure that real fans get first dibs = good management.

Yeah, on reflection that is absolutely correct. Reckon about 1000 left or just over for scavengers

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Hearts fans not going to a final because it's against one of the Old Firm. You'd think we were asking them to travel through Helmand Province. 

Have you seen Govanhill???!!!!

Des Lynam

Have we all got a ticket? Will the moaning stop? 

We’re all going to witness the end of the treble treble dream. 

:robbo:

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Kinda thinking much the same! It's not as if you'll have to sit in amongst them watching the game!

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Have you seen Govanhill???!!!!

There’s more UN peacekeepers in the Gorbals than Helmand Province. 

Calebs Grandad
23 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Have we all got a ticket? Will the moaning stop? 

We’re all going to witness the end of the treble treble dream. 

:robbo:

We could beat them 3-1 again with blood not showing on any maroon jersey and we would still have many moaning on here unfortunately. I’ve got my ticket and win or lose will feel pride seeing us back at Hampden but preferably a history making victory that sees Lennon leave them the following week. Enjoy your day too Mr Lynam ?

Independence
39 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

We could beat them 3-1 again with blood not showing on any maroon jersey and we would still have many moaning on here unfortunately. I’ve got my ticket and win or lose will feel pride seeing us back at Hampden but preferably a history making victory that sees Lennon leave them the following week. Enjoy your day too Mr Lynam ?

This.

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

There’s more UN peacekeepers in the Gorbals than Helmand Province. 

:lol:

fabienleclerq
5 hours ago, Taffin said:

9. Wasn't fussed at the time as I didn't grasp how monumental an occasion it was. 

I'd feel worse about it if the 2012 final hadn't come around. That was quite cathartic for us both (with no disrespect to Gretna)

I was 11, had a great day. My wee boy is 4 and I would've taken him v Aberdeen if they'd got through but not the Tim's. 

wheatfield to sheffield
6 hours ago, Taffin said:

9. Wasn't fussed at the time as I didn't grasp how monumental an occasion it was. 

I'd feel worse about it if the 2012 final hadn't come around. That was quite cathartic for us both (with no disrespect to Gretna)

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I was 11, had a great day. My wee boy is 4 and I would've taken him v Aberdeen if they'd got through but not the Tim's. 

You were 11 in 2012 and now have a 4-year old!? Early starter!

16 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Yeh 4 is a bit different. Understand anyone leaving those 7 and below at home for this but I'd encourage anyone over 7 to be taken along. It'll probably just break their heart but on the off chance we win at least you won't regret it for years.

fabienleclerq
34 minutes ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

You were 11 in 2012 and now have a 4-year old!? Early starter!

11 in 98, I'm no from niddrie!

fabienleclerq
24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yeh 4 is a bit different. Understand anyone leaving those 7 and below at home for this but I'd encourage anyone over 7 to be taken along. It'll probably just break their heart but on the off chance we win at least you won't regret it for years.

Aye if he was a bit older he'd be going to this tbh. 

Burford Jamtart
7 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Go on then. Love a good story. 

In 2012 I travelled to Glasgow on the Saturday the day before we beat Celtic. It was Grand National Day, Hibs has just beaten Aberdeen and I popped into the bookies when I recognised Gary Mackay - who kindly signed my shirt I had in my case  and I briefly mentioned I had just travelled up from Oxford.  Anyway the next day after Beatties pen and on the way home I went into the bar in the rail station to celebrate with a quick pint when who was in there with some pals but Gary.  As I made my way from the bar he called me over and introduced me to a couple of his mates - I mentioned that whilst I was delighted with the result I doubted whether I might get a ticket for the final - he gave me his card and said give him a call nearer the time!   Anyway wasn’t getting a ticket so called him a couple of times but with no response.  Wasn’t holding much hope when he called me on the Wednesday to say he might get one on Friday - the day before the final. I called him on the Friday at work - he said he had one and that I should meet him at 8.00am at a Health Club in Edinburgh the next morning, as he was on Sky Sports there at 8.30 before he was off to Hampden.  So I dashed Friday lunchtime from Oxford to London and then up to Edinburgh on the train. Up nice and early I met him and he was true too his word! I got to the greatest game we are ever likely to witness - top bloke and hopefully an enjoyable read.

I’ve also been lucky today, that someone on this forum has found me a ticket - c’mon the JT’s!!

Jambo-Fox
32 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

In 2012 I travelled to Glasgow on the Saturday the day before we beat Celtic. It was Grand National Day, Hibs has just beaten Aberdeen and I popped into the bookies when I recognised Gary Mackay - who kindly signed my shirt I had in my case  and I briefly mentioned I had just travelled up from Oxford.  Anyway the next day after Beatties pen and on the way home I went into the bar in the rail station to celebrate with a quick pint when who was in there with some pals but Gary.  As I made my way from the bar he called me over and introduced me to a couple of his mates - I mentioned that whilst I was delighted with the result I doubted whether I might get a ticket for the final - he gave me his card and said give him a call nearer the time!   Anyway wasn’t getting a ticket so called him a couple of times but with no response.  Wasn’t holding much hope when he called me on the Wednesday to say he might get one on Friday - the day before the final. I called him on the Friday at work - he said he had one and that I should meet him at 8.00am at a Health Club in Edinburgh the next morning, as he was on Sky Sports there at 8.30 before he was off to Hampden.  So I dashed Friday lunchtime from Oxford to London and then up to Edinburgh on the train. Up nice and early I met him and he was true too his word! I got to the greatest game we are ever likely to witness - top bloke and hopefully an enjoyable read.

I’ve also been lucky today, that someone on this forum has found me a ticket - c’mon the JT’s!!

We are the HOWBs!!

I’ve already booked the train for the final, however if I’d thought earlier there might have been enough of us in this area for a bus, although a consensus on times etc would be a challenge. Think Swindon Jambo floated the idea several months ago.

HOWBs Hearts SC???

Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire & Berkshire Hearts SC!!! 

Needing a ticket for a concession in the general sale tomorrow: Will e-tickets let you buy online or phone only since 1 ticket?

maroondevo52

52 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Needing a ticket for a concession in the general sale tomorrow: Will e-tickets let you buy online or phone only since 1 ticket?

Not if you've already bought a ticket.

Can you buy a ticket your yourself and a child tomorrow if you always book through your own account?

denholm87

Myself and my dad didn't quite have enough points for phase 1 and weren't able to make it to the semi so haven't got ourselves tickets yet.  I was hoping to get them tomorrow morning but I have just realised I have bought all the tickets in the past on my account without assigning any to his so he has 0 points. Is it to late to get these transferred over so i can buy tickets for both of us tomorrow. 

davemclaren

Meeting my mate, who’s coming up from Manchester, in Glasgow on the Friday. We are staying in a hotel in the centre so looking for any recommendations on decent ( and safe ) pubs.We like real/craft ales. ?

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Meeting my mate, who’s coming up from Manchester, in Glasgow on the Friday. We are staying in a hotel in the centre so looking for any recommendations on decent ( and safe ) pubs.We like real/craft ales. ?

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/21-places-love-beer-12030840

Fill your boots and there are a few in Shawlands area where I'll be on cup final day

Oh and more below

https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/drink/glasgows-best-whisky-gin-and-craft-beer-experiences/

Edited by CJGJ

48 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Not if you've already bought a ticket.

Haven’t bought a ticket yet with this account as not enough points

maroondevo52
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Haven’t bought a ticket yet with this account as not enough points

Should be fine on e-tickets.

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Cheers. ?

I went to Schillings after the semi final..central and a good range (upmarket prices) as well as some strong beers..the Bon Accord is pretty good also

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In the centre, this is a favourite of mine: https://www.shillingbrewingcompany.co.uk

If you don't mind the hops, Brewdog in the Merchant City is a lot cheaper than Lothian Road.

Mikey1874
On 04/05/2019 at 00:44, Boab said:

Sorry, I don’t think they have organised it well.

If they had, they wouldn’t be putting people who turned up for one game, ahead of others with points amounting, possibly, to more than a few games.

They’ve made a mockery of the LP scheme i.e. shite management !

Lol

N Lincs Jambo
On 04/05/2019 at 16:04, Burford Jamtart said:

Great story m8! Had a similar if not quite so exciting one for the League Cup Final in 96. Was living in Lancashire at the time but had travelled up on the basis that I’d either get a ticket or would watch on a TV in a Hearts pub. Anyway the day before the game I got a message that there were a couple of tickets going. Called the number I was given and I ended up with 2 tickets courtesy of an amazing Hearts employee at the the time whose name would be well known. I know it was 23 years ago but I got the tickets (at face value) on the basis of keeping my gob shut and I’m still keeping my part of the deal. 

There’s always been some amazing people in and around Hearts ?

Maroon tinted glasses 2

I had a similar strike lucky situation for 2012, living in merseyside I only came up for the original game with my brother when visiting family so was struggling to get a ticket because of how huge this game was. Turned out my niece went to School with Michael Higdon and although I had met him a few times the thought had never crossed my mind, my niece put in a call and it turned out he was good friends with a certain Mr Barr from their time together at Falkirk. Two tickets courtesy of Darren that I collected from the club. Bought Micheal quite a few pints when I next saw him at a family wedding. Ive bought a season ticket every year since then (which my dad benefits from most weeks) due to fear of missing out again. 

Weirdly enough I find myself now in a situation where I've bought my ticket for the final but as I promised my youngest lad I would take him and he has no Hearts purchase history then looks like my pops scores again and is gonna be getting my ticket to go with my bro as I'm not leaving the little man out. My work colleague is best friends with a rangers player though.............. So you never know! 

SwindonJambo

That's mental! I'm just down the road from you btw, Shrivenham. I did half my secondary school in Faringdon after moving South with my folks. Passed through Burford loads of times when heading for Fosse Way. We Jambos are everywhere.

Just in from work and off tomorrow but alarm set for 8.45. I think that the limit of 1 loyalty point is a little cheeky as I have made it to a rather disappointing number of games this season for various reason but still have a number of points in the high teens. I'd be a bit miffed if someone who has managed one game all season got a ticket and I didn't. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I've spent in excess of £300 and to miss out on someone who has spent a tenth of that seems a bit unfair. 

Jambothump
On 04/05/2019 at 15:04, Burford Jamtart said:

A few years ago,Hibs in the cup again, 6.55 am I'm queuing in Tynecastle Terrace for tickets,very sad, Gary Mackay, was two behind me in the queue. He should be a lifelong honorary guest of the club, he with George Foulkes backed Vlad, who, if it hadn't been for him Robinson,would have had us at Murrayfield and the club would have died.

waynefozzie
On 04/05/2019 at 16:41, Jambo-Fox said:

We are the HOWBs!!

I’ve already booked the train for the final, however if I’d thought earlier there might have been enough of us in this area for a bus, although a consensus on times etc would be a challenge. Think Swindon Jambo floated the idea several months ago.

HOWBs Hearts SC???

Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Wiltshire & Berkshire Hearts SC!!! 

And Gloucestershire! I'm going by train too (stopping overnight in the Lakes), but a bus would have been great.

Does anyone have a spare account I could use for a young relative of mine? Won’t go into details but he has been through a really tough time health wise and hasn’t been able to go to many games but is on the mend. Was sure I could get him one when it went to general sale but all my mates on my network are going so looking for one account I could use. If anyone can help I will PM you and let you know his story.

Ticket couldn’t go to a nicer or braver wee guy. 

Some great stories of folk who couldn’t muster 8 loyalty points in 2 years prior to 2012 and/or ONE this time around,  getting cup final tickets. ?

Edit: Obviously I don’t mean the kid with health issues. 

Edited by Shaggy2

chefjambo
52 minutes ago, tamanov said:

Does anyone have a spare account I could use for a young relative of mine? Won’t go into details but he has been through a really tough time health wise and hasn’t been able to go to many games but is on the mend. Was sure I could get him one when it went to general sale but all my mates on my network are going so looking for one account I could use. If anyone can help I will PM you and let you know his story.

Ticket couldn’t go to a nicer or braver wee guy. 

I’ve got a spare number pm me and I will give you details

5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Just in from work and off tomorrow but alarm set for 8.45. I think that the limit of 1 loyalty point is a little cheeky as I have made it to a rather disappointing number of games this season for various reason but still have a number of points in the high teens. I'd be a bit miffed if someone who has managed one game all season got a ticket and I didn't. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I've spent in excess of £300 and to miss out on someone who has spent a tenth of that seems a bit unfair. 

Lol.

Sorry, Taz, didn’t want leave you out !

That’s the response I got when alluding to the way the “ under 20 pt “ people were dealt this time !

?

Super_Hans
5 hours ago, Tazio said:

Totally agree.

10-19 points should have been the next phase.