• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boab

• luckydug

• Mikey1874

• been here before

gnasher75
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Just spoke to my sister-in-law, who was on the phone trying to buy tickets for my brother and their son.  I'd bought their semi-final tickets (they're glory hunting part timers with hardly any LPs!) and couldn't assign them to them at the time of purchase. I was in the TO on Tuesday collecting final tickets for me and my fellow ST-holding mate, and asked the person who served me if the relevant semi tickets could be reassigned then.  She said yes and typed away on her computer for a bit, then said it was done. Later, I looked on etickets and could see my nephew's LP total had gone up by 3 but my brother's hadn't changed. I sent an email as requested by the club and got a reply back yesterday saying they'd definitely been reassigned but to use ref no nnnnn-1 for my brother (nnnnn being his original ref no). Sis-in-law was on the phone from 9am and got through (obviously to ticketmaster's call centre) after a bit more than an hour, to be told by the person there that she couldn't see anything on their system to show my brother was eligible for a ticket, so she could only sell one for my nephew, and that sis-in-law would have to phone Hearts directly.  She tried that and took about another hour to get through, to be told by the person in the Hearts ticket office that they could see quite clearly that my brother WAS assigned a ticket, and they couldn't understand why the ticketmaster operator couldn't see it! 

The Hearts TO person happily sold her the two tickets, and they're in section C4, about half way up the rows!  So it seems to be that there's only crap seats available online, but better seats available by phone or in person at the TO!

Something very wrong with the system when "glory hunting part timers without any loyalty points" are able to secure some of the best seats when season ticket holders are having to settle for crap seats behind the goal.

FarmerTweedy
1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Something very wrong with the system when "glory hunting part timers without any loyalty points" are able to secure some of the best seats when season ticket holders are having to settle for crap seats behind the goal.

I did say 'hardly any'!  In this case, both are actually former season ticket holders who gave them up a few years ago for various reasons including work getting in the way!

It does seem a bit odd that there are good seats (or at least the closest Hampdump gets to good!) on sale over the phone but only west stand available online.

AlphonseCapone
40 minutes ago, been here before said:

No? Id assume that 9am is obviously in the morning given as you cant have a 9pm in the morning. Therefore there is no need to stipulate 9am in the morning?

Tbf to him he said 9am this morning which is fine because he's stipulating which morning, not that it's morning. It could be 9am tomorrow morning or 9am Monday morning etc. 

Tbh I don't even care, I don't know why I responded :laugh:

Edited by AlphonseCapone

better_call_saul
14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I did say 'hardly any'!  In this case, both are actually former season ticket holders who gave them up a few years ago for various reasons including work getting in the way!

It does seem a bit odd that there are good seats (or at least the closest Hampdump gets to good!) on sale over the phone but only west stand available online.

Big factor here has to be luck...

Telephone, TO, online. They’ve obviously had to divide up some sections in order for seats not to be sold twice. 

Jambo-Fox
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I would go slightly more than the 1000 estimate 1200-1500 it looks like, be gone by tomorrow I imagine

Count at 2:30pm Friday; 1,662 left 

Shambles again for tickets. Was trying to get two mates tickets, on etickets, using 2 accounts that went to semi and hadn't bought a ticket on their account already. (one account had been confirmed by email as having met criteria). When in basket, said they didn't meet criteria. Phoned TO and was told they hadn't been assigned to semi tickets even when the woman was looking at the persons account who bought the semi tickets.

Managed to get tickets using other accounts instead. Then 2 other boys wanted to use the accounts that failed. They went in, in person and were given the tickets!! 

whytebeard

If I was hearts I would say with 1500 left. Buy a season ticket and you get ticket for the final. Easy way to increase season ticket numbers.

better_call_saul
7 minutes ago, whytebeard said:

If I was hearts I would say with 1500 left. Buy a season ticket and you get ticket for the final. Easy way to increase season ticket numbers.

Aye. Change the goal posts now.. that wouldn’t send Kickback into meltdown. 

Calebs Grandad
2 minutes ago, better_call_saul said:

Aye. Change the goal posts now.. that wouldn’t send Kickback into meltdown. 

Lets be honest it really doesn’t take much for that to happen week after week. 

Calebs Grandad

I was in the ticket office an hour ago trying to sort out a ticket query. I was dealt with by the young lady at window number 1 and in all honesty she was an absolute credit to the club. Helpful, polite and extremely knowledgeable so credit where credit is due. I left with a ticket I’d bought online this morning and a ticket that I’d assigned yesterday but no confirmation had been received.  

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

I was in the ticket office an hour ago trying to sort out a ticket query. I was dealt with by the young lady at window number 1 and in all honesty she was an absolute credit to the club. Helpful, polite and extremely knowledgeable so credit where credit is due. I left with a ticket I’d bought online this morning and a ticket that I’d assigned yesterday but no confirmation had been received.  

New around these parts, eh?

Minor problem I had was one persons info I’d sent didn’t show up on my account as I was primary contact. 

I got through to the office and it seems they’d assigned a different number to the actual reference number of my mates account. 

Once I punched it in on e-tickets it was done and dusted but it was still my mates original reference in brackets against his name. 

A small glitch causing unnecessary hassle it seems. 

Edited by Debut 4

BerraBelieveit
10 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Can you tell the young lady to man the phone - spent easy an hour and a half through the course of the day on the phone listening to the same infuriating tune over and over!! Did not think the actual ticket office phone would be that busy as folk phoning the other call centre ticket office for final tickets. 

15 minutes ago, Crete said:

Just got my ticket for the final the ticket office very quiet. 

Just about everyone currently entitled to a ticket got one now ?

Final mad rush on Monday ticket office sales only ?

1 hour ago, whytebeard said:

Didn’t Hibs have loads of problems with people trying to get refunds at the credit card end or canceling the finance agreements after the final. Probably more hassle than it’s worth. 

3 hours ago, whytebeard said:

Surely just stick the remaining 1500 tickets on general sale first come first serve?

whytebeard
23 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Surely just stick the remaining 1500 tickets on general sale first come first serve?

Taking the st at an average of 400 a pop for 1500 = 600k.

beats 1500 x 30 that you have to half with Celtic.

600k can go far if it’s used wisely. Problem is we struggle on that front 

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Slightly surprised they have not sold out 

Remember tickets haven't yet been made available to all and sundry - they may go to general sale with buying history to sweep the remaining tickets up

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Remember tickets haven't yet been made available to all and sundry - they may go to general sale with buying history to sweep the remaining tickets up

Yeah perhaps there was not that large a pool in these phases 

Hairdryer
34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

With the opposition being Celtic it probably puts of some families with young children who most likely would have attended if the opposition was Aberdeen 

Tams bird
31 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Sure I read buying history this year. So still need an account.

Burford Jamtart

Anybody know when there will be a  public sale, my only faint hope of a ticket - was lucky enough to get sorted by Gary Mackay in 2012 - a great story if anyone wants to hear it!! 

Do The Dance
1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

With the opposition being Celtic it probably puts of some families with young children who most likely would have attended if the opposition was Aberdeen 

Not taking my kids to the final despite them being at the semi due to it being Celtic. Would have been the same for Rangers too.

Looks like the club did its sums well regarding the level the LPs were set at.

If the next phase is for anyone with a buying history the remainder will disappear very quickly.

They may make it for between 10 to 19 LPs to avoid large queues outside the ticket office and people being turned away.

They have organised it very well to avoid part timers walking away with tickets while regulars struggle. One per account very sensible although to anyone unfamiliar with the distribution method it might look as tickets are selling slowly which is not the case.

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Obviously not enough people meeting the criteria that has been set.

Club making sure that real fans get first dibs = good management.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Obviously not enough people meeting the criteria that has been set.

Club making sure that real fans get first dibs = good management.

Spot on.

Burford Jamtart

Not going to disagree that regular fans should get priority - I think that’s right and fair.  The club are doing it the right way thus far and if decide to have Phase 3 for LP with lower ranges I won’t complain.  However, as a part timers who lives 350 miles away and has been to many semis and finals over the years I would welcome a chance to get a ticket before others who have already had an opportunity get to buy another one for mates or family members who fancy a cup final but don’t attend games the rest of the time.  Those of us who would get the overnight coach from London to watch the game and get another back to get to work for Monday deserve a shot - we’re real fans too but in a different way!!  So for me keep dropping the LPs and then go to those with a ticket buying history before it goes to a general sale.  

3 minutes ago, Burford Jamtart said:

Not going to disagree that regular fans should get priority - I think that’s right and fair.  The club are doing it the right way thus far and if decide to have Phase 3 for LP with lower ranges I won’t complain.  However, as a part timers who lives 350 miles away and has been to many semis and finals over the years I would welcome a chance to get a ticket before others who have already had an opportunity get to buy another one for mates or family members who fancy a cup final but don’t attend games the rest of the time.  Those of us who would get the overnight coach from London to watch the game and get another back to get to work for Monday deserve a shot - we’re real fans too but in a different way!!  So for me keep dropping the LPs and then go to those with a ticket buying history before it goes to a general sale.  

Hope you get a ticket mate.

I think even if it goes to an open sale with buying history people who have already purchased will not be allowed a second ticket on an already used reference number.

Good luck?

SwindonJambo
39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hope you get a ticket mate.

I think even if it goes to an open sale with buying history people who have already purchased will not be allowed a second ticket on an already used reference number.

Good luck?

Correct. It's 1 ticket per LP Account only, regardless of what phase you buy them at.

Doctor FinnBarr

I was in the queue at 7.30 this morning (well yesterday now) as part of a 3 pronged attack on the TO. Me and Mrs Saunders have our tickets but my brother and nephews have had to wait til now, I was in the queue, nephew was online and sister in law was on phone. Doors open at 9 and at 5 past get a message from nephew he's got 3 getting posted. Fine, I'll stay in the queue and pick up our tickets plus Belgiejambo's as he's dossing with us that weekend. Half an hour later I have my 2 but not Belgiejambo's as its not ready, thats fine Tynecastle TO, I only stay 20 miles away and petrol and my time are free, fickin seething about that!

On the plus side it was funny to see a traffic warden turn up on his wee scooter to book a van parked on the pavement whilst parking on the pavement himself, ticket on the van, 4 pics took and a guy wanders out the queue to take pics of the scooter on the pavement and him, funny as but you maybe had to be there

:vrface: 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Looks like the club did its sums well regarding the level the LPs were set at.

If the next phase is for anyone with a buying history the remainder will disappear very quickly.

They may make it for between 10 to 19 LPs to avoid large queues outside the ticket office and people being turned away.

They have organised it very well to avoid part timers walking away with tickets while regulars struggle. One per account very sensible although to anyone unfamiliar with the distribution method it might look as tickets are selling slowly which is not the case.

Sorry, I don’t think they have organised it well.

If they had, they wouldn’t be putting people who turned up for one game, ahead of others with points amounting, possibly, to more than a few games.

They’ve made a mockery of the LP scheme i.e. shite management !

Doctor FinnBarr
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, I don’t think they have organised it well.

If they had, they wouldn’t be putting people who turned up for one game, ahead of others with points amounting, possibly, to more than a few games.

They’ve made a mockery of the LP scheme i.e. shite management !

My brother and my 2 nephews have LPs but not enough for the final which I suppose is fair enough as they stay in Southport, they did make the effort to travel up for the semi though

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I was in the queue at 7.30 this morning (well yesterday now) as part of a 3 pronged attack on the TO. Me and Mrs Saunders have our tickets but my brother and nephews have had to wait til now, I was in the queue, nephew was online and sister in law was on phone. Doors open at 9 and at 5 past get a message from nephew he's got 3 getting posted. Fine, I'll stay in the queue and pick up our tickets plus Belgiejambo's as he's dossing with us that weekend. Half an hour later I have my 2 but not Belgiejambo's as its not ready, thats fine Tynecastle TO, I only stay 20 miles away and petrol and my time are free, fickin seething about that!

On the plus side it was funny to see a traffic warden turn up on his wee scooter to book a van parked on the pavement whilst parking on the pavement himself, ticket on the van, 4 pics took and a guy wanders out the queue to take pics of the scooter on the pavement and him, funny as but you maybe had to be there

:vrface: 

My mate was near the front of the queue from about 3am and he told me this same story when he popped over for a coffee later in the day. Also heard there was someone near the front who’s in the wrong job, the boy should be a stand up comedian according to my mate.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

My mate was near the front of the queue from about 3am and he told me this same story when he popped over for a coffee later in the day. Also heard there was someone near the front who’s in the wrong job, the boy should be a stand up comedian according to my mate.

I started in the queue outside the main reception doors so I wasn't near enough the front to hear any stand up, thats a bugger, might have livened things up

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I started in the queue outside the main reception doors so I wasn't near enough the front to hear any stand up, thats a bugger, might have livened things up

He said the boy kept them all going, very funny. JKB?

jamtartan74

My mate went through yesterday to buy his usual 5 tickets, all season ticket holders only 4 went to the semi though and the lass wouldn’t sell to the one who never went to the semi (she’s a young child), he was raging about that, now she’s probably missing out even though she’s been going all season and last, that’s not very fair imo. 

Tams bird
22 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

My mate went through yesterday to buy his usual 5 tickets, all season ticket holders only 4 went to the semi though and the lass wouldn’t sell to the one who never went to the semi (she’s a young child), he was raging about that, now she’s probably missing out even though she’s been going all season and last, that’s not very fair imo. 

If they were all season ticket holders didn’t matter if they didnt go to the semi . It’s 20 points or semi now. 

fabienleclerq
47 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

I'm no buying this, any season ticket holder is eligible. 

jamtartan74
42 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

If they were all season ticket holders didn’t matter if they didnt go to the semi . It’s 20 points or semi now. 

18 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I'm no buying this, any season ticket holder is eligible. 

Unless he’s making up stories then that’s what happened, must say I was surprised when he said he couldn’t get the 5th ticket though ? it’s also possible that I picked it up wrong but either way that 5th ticket he did not get I know that much. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

If they all had 20+ LP why did they wait for Phase 2? What do you mean ‘usual 5 tickets’? Not been to a final since 2013 so nothing really ‘usual’ about heading to a Scottish Cup Final.

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If they all had 20+ LP why did they wait for Phase 2? What do you mean ‘usual 5 tickets’? Not been to a final since 2013 so nothing really ‘usual’ about heading to a Scottish Cup Final.

I don’t know why he waited but it’s a good question, maybe money as it’s a lot to fork out for 5 tickets, I mean his usual 5 that he goes to games with, I’m only saying what he told me over the phone yesterday, I have my tickets so doesn’t affect me, anyhow, back to work for me, have a nice day ?

Harry Potter
18 hours ago, Sarah O said:

This panic merchant who dived right in now has great seats at Hampden and has paid the necessary upgrade to adult. 

No drama.

Feel sorry for folk who waited and will end up behind the goals, or worse - next to the bam brigade with all their flegs.

Flegs ?:muggy:

12 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

People will regret that forever if we win.

My dad and I went to every round in 98 but not the final due to it being Rangers. We've both been utterly gutted ever since.

11 hours ago, Burford Jamtart said:

Anybody know when there will be a  public sale, my only faint hope of a ticket - was lucky enough to get sorted by Gary Mackay in 2012 - a great story if anyone wants to hear it!! 

Go on then. Love a good story. 

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

People will regret that forever if we win.

My dad and I went to every round in 98 but not the final due to it being Rangers. We've both been utterly gutted ever since.

Oooft that's a shitter! How old were you? 

19 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Oooft that's a shitter! How old were you? 

9. Wasn't fussed at the time as I didn't grasp how monumental an occasion it was. 

I'd feel worse about it if the 2012 final hadn't come around. That was quite cathartic for us both (with no disrespect to Gretna)

Edited by Taffin