Levein  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What now for Levein?

• Go right now
    • Make decision in the summer
    • In charge next season

innerjambo
18 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You only have to look at our goals scored column as evidence of the type of football we play. If you only want us to be hard to beat and be mid table, well clear of relegation, then Levein is your man. There will be plenty of running, slow passing across the back and getting the ball up quickly to Uche so it "sticks" - CL's own terminology.  We score first and the meaningless passing increases and everyone comes back to defend corners. Long throw ins, set pieces, height strength and endeavour. It's not pretty to watch imo. Other, more modern managers can set up their teams and change mid game, as Heckingbottom did on Sunday. Uche didn't play at Ibrox but we still adopted the same tactics, with long balls up to Wighton, in his place. We need a fresh approach that will allow the club to progress and the youngsters to develop. Levein isn't the man.

This perfectly highlights the man in charge. Very very limited manager, guaranteed to have us fighting it out for 4th, 5th and 6th position in the league.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• soonbe110

• JamboAl

• Jammy T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

That form table makes me sick.

What’s really sick is you comparing Sean Clare’s birth mark to dog faeces ??

BOBTHEBRUCE
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Maybe so but some are not up to match fitness and you'll know that.  There is an argument that we should we not playing them but the only way they'll back to match fitness is by playing games.  We are not so well off that we can put in quality replacements for our most influential players.

Many teams are reliant on one player as Spurs supporters have found out.

I would argue that our recruitment hasn't been good enough rather than us not being well off enough. 

We've signed a load of players that are bang average and we've even paid money for the likes of Wighton. We've had money in for Lafferty and goncalves etc. 

The main problem here for me is our Manager. He is so one dimensional and cautious. Stubborn and not willing to learn from his mistakes. He sticks with what he knows (which is one way of playing) and is unwilling to change. 

If Uche gets injured, instead of changing the system to suit the players at his desposal, he'll ruin a players confidence by asking them to do what Uche does when it's not something they're known for doing. 

If you want to argue that we're not well off enough, why not argue that he should be making use of what he has, using players strengths instead of trying to set up like Barcelona with bang average players. 

Spurs were playing ajax by the way, a team that has put Real Madrid and Juventus out of the champions league. 

I don't think you can compare that sutuation to us and the likes of Hamilton. 

Section Q

I'd like to see Levein announce his resignation now and to take effect from the end of the season. We're now a low risk club for coaches. Budgets practically guaranteed and no debt, and would attract some decent aspirants. Would be sad in a way if Levein was out of the club by the time we celebrate fan ownership and wouldn't grudge him a seat on the board. Think he could even do a better job for the SPFA than Malky MacKay. 

If the Board/Ann Budge are doing their job properly they would have a Plan B for a change in Hearts management. Now if we had a full-time DOF he would be looking at ways of bringing in players the full-time manager had identified for the next season. What if we don't win any of our next 4 games it will be more time & money wasted of players contracts that a new manager doesn't want.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBRUCE said:

I would argue that our recruitment hasn't been good enough rather than us not being well off enough. 

We've signed a load of players that are bang average and we've even paid money for the likes of Wighton. We've had money in for Lafferty and goncalves etc. 

The main problem here for me is our Manager. He is so one dimensional and cautious. Stubborn and not willing to learn from his mistakes. He sticks with what he knows (which is one way of playing) and is unwilling to change. 

If Uche gets injured, instead of changing the system to suit the players at his desposal, he'll ruin a players confidence by asking them to do what Uche does when it's not something they're known for doing. 

If you want to argue that we're not well off enough, why not argue that he should be making use of what he has, using players strengths instead of trying to set up like Barcelona with bang average players. 

Spurs were playing ajax by the way, a team that has put Real Madrid and Juventus out of the champions league. 

I don't think you can compare that sutuation to us and the likes of Hamilton. 

What's worrying is the number of fans, admittedly a small minority, who seem to feel we are stuck with Levein.  Who would we get? What if the new man is a disaster? Halkett and Naismith are expecting Levein to be there. Give him another 10 games etc etc. Imagine if Cathro had been in charge over the last 2 seasons and we had finished 6th behind Hibs twice. His feet wouldn't have touched the ground. You look at Paul Heckingbottom and the difference he has made at Hibs and he was their 2nd choice. Let's sound out Michael Appleton about the job. There are good coaches out there. Chris Wilder at Sheffield Utd, I appreciate he won't come to us now but as an example, he has pioneered a new tactic with overlapping centre halves. Sounds crazy but it's worked for them and, apparently,  the fans love watching it. Risk and reward. Yet we have to persevere with a guy whose methods are one dimensional and dated.

57 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Utter rubbish.

Injuries worked out how to beat us + weegie refs!

Have you actually been to games this season?  If yes then you will realise that the current team is a shadow of previous Hearts teams. Example 5-0 at Livi.

It should have been ten
20 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I think this is what undermines the anti Levein posts the most, an inability to look at the game objectively and to perceive any difference from match to match. To suggest that the performance levels in the last 15 games have been dire makes the assumption that each game has been as bad as the last. Having been at Ibrox and been at Hampden I can confirm this is nonsense. The second half against ICT we played very well. The two recent performances against Rangers have been abject and quite frankly pathetic. Both the Edinburgh Derbies have produced very good periods of play by Hearts but also poor periods of play. The performance of the 10 men against Celtic at Tynecastle was excellent and we were very unlucky to concede so late. The second half against Aberdeen was equally a brilliant performance after a poor first 45. The ability to actually look at the situation objectively and not just subjectively decry Hearts as 'dire' adds a lot more to what is an incurably circular argument.

Good post 

BOBTHEBRUCE
7 minutes ago, old school tie said:

He just needs his injured players back, and another ten transfer windows:cornette_dog:

???

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

It is well documented that Diko is carrying an injury. Now, I may be guessing but that might be why Shaughnessy is starting in front of him. 

I am.surprised that Lee and Clare start as often as they do when Levein only wants athletes and hammer throwers in his team. Something they can't be accused of.

We need players like them in the team when we need to slow the game down and play passes but both can't really play in the same lineup as quick pressing by the opposition means there is little time for a studied build up. Three workers and one steady head is the best way for us to play. 

2 hours ago, Prof said:

Have you actually been to games this season?  If yes then you will realise that the current team is a shadow of previous Hearts teams. Example 5-0 at Livi.

What do you think?  I'd guess I've been supporting Hearts for much longer than you.

We are a shadow of SOME of our previous teams - I have seen a lot worse than this one -  but you fail to take injuries into account which were horrendous earlier in the season and, even in our last 2 defeats, we were without Naismith, Haring, Garruccio, Keena and Morrison all of whom would have featured in the squad.  That's one third of the squad missing even now.

soonbe110
3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

If the Board/Ann Budge are doing their job properly they would have a Plan B for a change in Hearts management. Now if we had a full-time DOF he would be looking at ways of bringing in players the full-time manager had identified for the next season. What if we don't win any of our next 4 games it will be more time & money wasted of players contracts that a new manager doesn't want.

I think they have and that we will see it rolled out within this month. On the basis that we have made several offers to soon to be out of contract players that don’t currently play for us you have to assume that whoever is going to be head coach next season is involved and driving those decisions. Time will tell who/ what the management structure is next season but there is definitely a plan B. 

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I think they have and that we will see it rolled out within this month. On the basis that we have made several offers to soon to be out of contract players that don’t currently play for us you have to assume that whoever is going to be head coach next season is involved and driving those decisions. Time will tell who/ what the management structure is next season but there is definitely a plan B. 

Fingers crossed it isn't Daly or McPhee.

Mr Kipling
28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Plan B is the "Succession Plan", which means Daly/MacPhee - https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/scotland/46612342

Ann Budge doesn't look like the sort of person to start firing people time and again - in fact (according to Budge), "nobody could have done better" - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46609010  

I've watched the majority of games this season on HeartsTV (because I live in the Netherlands) and have been to a couple when I have been home and while we were doing extremely well at the start of the season, the remaining 3/4s of the season has been excruciating football at times. The football has been slow, lethargic and predictable. The cup runs have been good and getting to the final is fantastic - although I would respectfully submit that had we had higher ranked teams in the Scottish cup, I don't actually think we would be in the final (just my subjective opinion). 

What I'm saying is that there appears to be an ingrained plan in place. The managerial trajectory is transparent and frankly... it is worrying! Our style of football, while innovative in the 1980s, is unfortunately archaic. And the three people responsible (CL, AM and JD) don't appear to be going anywhere soon. This is just my take on things and is purely subjective. 

Somebody will need to very cleverly explain to me why a form snapshot of games at the end of the season is a more reliable stat than a form snapshot from the beginning of the season.

I agree that you have to take a season as a whole but since the challenge has been made can somebody explain that one?

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

What do you think?  I'd guess I've been supporting Hearts for much longer than you.

We are a shadow of SOME of our previous teams - I have seen a lot worse than this one -  but you fail to take injuries into account which were horrendous earlier in the season and, even in our last 2 defeats, we were without Naismith, Haring, Garruccio, Keena and Morrison all of whom would have featured in the squad.  That's one third of the squad missing even now.

Well your guess is wrong as is your analysis.

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What's worrying is the number of fans, admittedly a small minority, who seem to feel we are stuck with Levein.  Who would we get? What if the new man is a disaster? Halkett and Naismith are expecting Levein to be there. Give him another 10 games etc etc. Imagine if Cathro had been in charge over the last 2 seasons and we had finished 6th behind Hibs twice. His feet wouldn't have touched the ground. You look at Paul Heckingbottom and the difference he has made at Hibs and he was their 2nd choice. Let's sound out Michael Appleton about the job. There are good coaches out there. Chris Wilder at Sheffield Utd, I appreciate he won't come to us now but as an example, he has pioneered a new tactic with overlapping centre halves. Sounds crazy but it's worked for them and, apparently,  the fans love watching it. Risk and reward. Yet we have to persevere with a guy whose methods are one dimensional and dated.

What has Heckingbottom done in 11 games that Levein didn’t do

in 15 or so earlier in the season? 

1 hour ago, Mr Kipling said:

Plan B is the "Succession Plan", which means Daly/MacPhee - https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/scotland/46612342

Ann Budge doesn't look like the sort of person to start firing people time and again - in fact (according to Budge), "nobody could have done better" - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46609010  

I've watched the majority of games this season on HeartsTV (because I live in the Netherlands) and have been to a couple when I have been home and while we were doing extremely well at the start of the season, the remaining 3/4s of the season has been excruciating football at times. The football has been slow, lethargic and predictable. The cup runs have been good and getting to the final is fantastic - although I would respectfully submit that had we had higher ranked teams in the Scottish cup, I don't actually think we would be in the final (just my subjective opinion). 

What I'm saying is that there appears to be an ingrained plan in place. The managerial trajectory is transparent and frankly... it is worrying! Our style of football, while innovative in the 1980s, is unfortunately archaic. And the three people responsible (CL, AM and JD) don't appear to be going anywhere soon. This is just my take on things and is purely subjective. 

Can you outline Leveins style of football please? He has often used a high press which is a very modern style, as is a formation with one main striker. I also don’t remember many teams playing 3

at the back in the 80s.

Levein has played some

different formations and setups this season and we are proven by stats not to be a long ball team so what is this style you seem so sure of. (And not playing well is not a style).

36 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Somebody will need to very cleverly explain to me why a form snapshot of games at the end of the season is a more reliable stat than a form snapshot from the beginning of the season.

I agree that you have to take a season as a whole but since the challenge has been made can somebody explain that one?

New players at the start of the season, fresh to the setup, warmer weather etc. Then they get coached the current methods, and we measure how that has turned out. Now near the end of this season, at times Hearts can barely crawl towards the finish line, despite a cup final to look forward to.

But last 10 games isn't a good enough measurement of course. Need some line graphs showing form, goals etc over the entire season.

Levein defending tends to reach its peak midweek. Injuries, stats, first quarter of the season, club legend, progress, the cup final. But then the weekend comes around again and you actually have to watch the team... 

Edited by Jodami

siegementality
6 hours ago, Jammy T said:

And from the first 10 games Champions winning material

Stupid point.

I thought you had more about you than that. Still, here goes....

Champions aren’t decided after 10 games. The end of the season is when prizes are handed out. Our prize will be 6th place prize money, for the second year running.

Since the heady days of “champions winning material” when we amassed 25 points in our first 10 games, we have subsequently went on to amass a staggering 26 points in the next 25 games, 26 points!!!!! 

During that time we have been beaten by Dundee, St Mirren and Hamilton. Hammered 5-0 by Celtic and Livingston, yes Livingston!!! We’ve been beaten by Hibs at Tynecastle and been rag dolled by Rangers to the tune of 12 points.

As well as that that we took two games to beat a second from bottom Championship side in the cup.

We play eye bleeding football and have a manger who openly admitted that he didn’t know how to address our slump.

That is the same manager who was allowed to sign 18 players, yes 18!, yet our squad lacks quality and balance.

The fact is that in general terms the last 25 games are on a par with how we have performed since Levein took charge for the second time. What is actually out of sync was our amazing start to this season. Everything else, the poor football, poor quality of signings, lack of balance, poor tactics, substitutions and piss poor player management are all very much in keeping with Levein’s management.

Siege - you should know me better than that ?

Well let’s revisit  after the cup final.

Most people were chuffed beyond ecstasy with a highly mediocre league season and a cup win a few years back.

If the same were to happen this season and people did not feel the same and wanted a cup winning manager to leave I couldn’t and wouldn’t take those people seriously again. It’s difficult enough as it is.

Edited by Jammy T

I've said to make the decision in the summer. 

I've been incredibly disappointed with the quality of football we've played. Its not been entertaining at all and feels devoid of any sort of strategy/ principles of play. Mulraney's runs have been somewhat entertaining, but we kinda all know the end product isn't there so we're not going to see him whizz past 2 and stick it in the top corner.

Levein won't be going anywhere since Budge wants him around, so in that vein, I want to see who he brings. It makes no difference what the fans want, this is the hand we've been dealt until the handover. 

My sincere hope is that Levein has an absolute stormer of a season next year and we're all wondering why the hell we wanted rid. 

Got a lot of respect for him as a PHM and its horrible to see the run we're on under his leadership. However, any other manager I'm confident would have been binned by now.. 

Lets say the team looks like this next season:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Souttar Berra Wallace

Haring Adam

Walker

Uche Naismith

I don't think that team would struggle too much. Especially with Cochrane, McDonald, Keena, Morrison etc. supporting. (thats only a 5 to get Halkett in the team, could easily be another man in midfield e.g Cochrane). 

Lafferty could possibly end up back here too. 

jambos are go!
14 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Nobody is arguing that hibs goal was a fluke though, we are all in agreement. 

I'll ask you the same question Boab won't answer, do you think McLean meant to pass to Uche? 

Sorry for the delay in re plying  due to other priorities. 

Having reviewed  the footage It seems clear to me that U Che was the obvious target for a pass. He may have Got his feet mixed up in  executing it but that does not mean it was not meant.

BOBTHEBRUCE
13 minutes ago, OTT said:

I've said to make the decision in the summer. 

I've been incredibly disappointed with the quality of football we've played. Its not been entertaining at all and feels devoid of any sort of strategy/ principles of play. Mulraney's runs have been somewhat entertaining, but we kinda all know the end product isn't there so we're not going to see him whizz past 2 and stick it in the top corner.

Levein won't be going anywhere since Budge wants him around, so in that vein, I want to see who he brings. It makes no difference what the fans want, this is the hand we've been dealt until the handover. 

My sincere hope is that Levein has an absolute stormer of a season next year and we're all wondering why the hell we wanted rid. 

Got a lot of respect for him as a PHM and its horrible to see the run we're on under his leadership. However, any other manager I'm confident would have been binned by now.. 

Lets say the team looks like this next season:

Gordon

Smith Halkett Souttar Berra Wallace

Haring Adam

Walker

Uche Naismith

I don't think that team would struggle too much. Especially with Cochrane, McDonald, Keena, Morrison etc. supporting. (thats only a 5 to get Halkett in the team, could easily be another man in midfield e.g Cochrane). 

Lafferty could possibly end up back here too. 

Good post. 

Good team and formation also. 

We NEED to go with 2 upfront next season. That's one of the main things that get's on my goat. 

His formation sucks. Our attacking threat is nul and void.

All i hear is people saying,, well barcelona play with that formation etc etc.

We don't have those kind of players! Stop being stupid!

Edited by BOBTHEBRUCE

Enzo Chiefo
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

What has Heckingbottom done in 11 games that Levein didn’t do

in 15 or so earlier in the season? 

Who knows what he will do next season but we only have 11 games to judge him on so far ...and he has the measure of Levein with 4 points from 6 in the Derbies. What he has done has been with players he inherited. As in the case of Steve Clarke, it's the sign of a good manager.  Levein complained last season about needing to get his own players in order to adopt his "preferred playing style". He was given funds to bring in 19 players and we've ended up in 6th place again. This season, according to some on here, injuries are to blame. Arguably , last seasons team was better than the current team, however, a good manager can get the best out of the players he has and can overcome injuries, whether to key players or not. The excuses offered up for Levein's mismanagement of the football dept are pathetic.

4 hours ago, Jammy T said:

It’s not where you start it’s where you finish........

i wish jj was my dad
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who knows what he will do next season but we only have 11 games to judge him on so far ...and he has the measure of Levein with 4 points from 6 in the Derbies. What he has done has been with players he inherited. As in the case of Steve Clarke, it's the sign of a good manager.  Levein complained last season about needing to get his own players in order to adopt his "preferred playing style". He was given funds to bring in 19 players and we've ended up in 6th place again. This season, according to some on here, injuries are to blame. Arguably , last seasons team was better than the current team, however, a good manager can get the best out of the players he has and can overcome injuries, whether to key players or not. The excuses offered up for Levein's mismanagement of the football dept are pathetic.

Measure of Levein my arse. We dominated the game at Tynecastle and there was nothing between the teams at Fester. Yes, we have underperformed but don't make stuff up. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Measure of Levein my arse. We dominated the game at Tynecastle and there was nothing between the teams at Fester. Yes, we have underperformed but don't make stuff up. 

Garbage. They played far better football at Tynie and deserved the win. We had pressure, set pieces,  etc but lacked quality.  Over the piece, I agree, a draw at ER was fair.

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Garbage. They played far better football at Tynie and deserved the win. We had pressure, set pieces,  etc but lacked quality.  Over the piece, I agree, a draw at ER was fair.

No they didn't. They scored a good goal but we were the better team. A handful of. sitters cost us a comfortable win. 

24 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Seriously, why downplay the injuries? It's obviously affected us. Of course he could have coped better but no manager would cope with that many to key players at the same time for such a long time, some getting injured twice. 

Imagine Liverpool without Salah, Mane, VanDjik and Robertson for the length of time our best players are out? They're getting gubbed by Barca with them in the team. Imagine without. Spurs were toothless without Son and Kane for just one game, and that was with multi million pound replacements.

Or take the 4 best defenders and strikers out of the rest of the top 6. Who are their backups?

Edited by Guest

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

No they didn't. They scored a good goal but we were the better team. A handful of. sitters cost us a comfortable win. 

You know, it's always ifs and buts with some on here. The ifs and buts worked in our favour at the start of the season and now they are not. That,s football, in fact that's life. Whatever way you dress it up, Heckingbottom has, so far, got the measure of Levein. His tactical HT change also switched the game back in their favour after we finished the first half strongly.  Hopefully our new manager next season has good in-game management skills too.

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You know, it's always ifs and buts with some on here. The ifs and buts worked in our favour at the start of the season and now they are not. That,s football, in fact that's life. Whatever way you dress it up, Heckingbottom has, so far, got the measure of Levein. His tactical HT change also switched the game back in their favour after we finished the first half strongly.  Hopefully our new manager next season has good in-game management skills too.

And then Levein switched it back into our favour with his subs. Assuming we're talking about the last derby.

In both derbies we've started really well though so he set up the team better at the start than Heckingbottom.

Edited by Guest

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Have you forgotten about the 3 or 4 gilt edged chances that they also had at 2-1 that could have given them a comfortable win too?

Gorillajam

I feel we need to give Levein the summer to strengthen the side. He really needs to ensure this coming window he gets it right though. We've had a number of mediocre windows in a row. I personally feel our start to the season was a bit of a deception. We've started well with Halkett and I'm looking forward to seeing him alongside Souttar (should we retain his services this summer). I'd have liked to see us attempt to sign both Shaughnessy and Zander Clark (fee would be an issue) from St Johnstone as I feel they'd be strong additions. Goalie is a priority. An overhaul this summer is required which incredibly seems to happen every year. 

If we haven't seen an improvement by Christmas next season then I'd suggest a change in personnel. Jack Ross seems to be on his last legs with Sunderland - coached here previously and would get my vote if we do change our manager in the future.

44 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

I feel we need to give Levein the summer to strengthen the side. He really needs to ensure this coming window he gets it right though. We've had a number of mediocre windows in a row. I personally feel our start to the season was a bit of a deception. We've started well with Halkett and I'm looking forward to seeing him alongside Souttar (should we retain his services this summer). I'd have liked to see us attempt to sign both Shaughnessy and Zander Clark (fee would be an issue) from St Johnstone as I feel they'd be strong additions. Goalie is a priority. An overhaul this summer is required which incredibly seems to happen every year. 

If we haven't seen an improvement by Christmas next season then I'd suggest a change in personnel. Jack Ross seems to be on his last legs with Sunderland - coached here previously and would get my vote if we do change our manager in the future.

Agree.

However, I think the “overhaul” is materially different to previous seasons as we have built a much stronger core with the contract extensions of Souttar, Berra, Uche etc (assuming planned extensions go through for Naismith, Haring and possibly Djoum), Academy players coming through and the signing of Halkett. This is a very different position to last few seasons where we had Academy players brought in too soon as “core” players, loan players and a lot of “hopeful” freebie signings who didn’t work out. That was somewhat dictated by our player budget and our desire to punch above our weight and compete with teams on higher budgets. (Agree there were some big mistakes in there but needs placed in context of budget and pressure to succeed). 

We will also have a significantly improved player wages budget and hopefully some cash to buy players as opposed to only fishing in freebie Market which should mean a more consistent success rate than cheap freebies of past seasons. 

Here’s hoping anyway!  

It should have been ten
9 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Siege - you should know me better than that ?

Well let’s revisit  after the cup final.

Most people were chuffed beyond ecstasy with a highly mediocre league season and a cup win a few years back.

If the same were to happen this season and people did not feel the same and wanted a cup winning manager to leave I couldn’t and wouldn’t take those people seriously again. It’s difficult enough as it is.

This!

6 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Spot on!

6 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Garbage. They played far better football at Tynie and deserved the win. We had pressure, set pieces,  etc but lacked quality.  

?

2745A2D0-AA09-49EA-AF19-CC4BAA7CC99A.thumb.png.cefab60aaae8cbec5cf96738dce433e2.png

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Seriously, why downplay the injuries? It's obviously affected us. Of course he could have coped better but no manager would cope with that many to key players at the same time for such a long time, some getting injured twice. 

Imagine Liverpool without Salah, Mane, VanDjik and Robertson for the length of time our best players are out? They're getting gubbed by Barca with them in the team. Imagine without. Spurs were toothless without Son and Kane for just one game, and that was with multi million pound replacements.

Or take the 4 best defenders and strikers out of the rest of the top 6. Who are their backups?

Great post 

Hearts1975
On 01/05/2019 at 02:22, Mr Elwood P said:

I think this is what undermines the anti Levein posts the most, an inability to look at the game objectively and to perceive any difference from match to match. To suggest that the performance levels in the last 15 games have been dire makes the assumption that each game has been as bad as the last. Having been at Ibrox and been at Hampden I can confirm this is nonsense. The second half against ICT we played very well. The two recent performances against Rangers have been abject and quite frankly pathetic. Both the Edinburgh Derbies have produced very good periods of play by Hearts but also poor periods of play. The performance of the 10 men against Celtic at Tynecastle was excellent and we were very unlucky to concede so late. The second half against Aberdeen was equally a brilliant performance after a poor first 45. The ability to actually look at the situation objectively and not just subjectively decry Hearts as 'dire' adds a lot more to what is an incurably circular argument.

I see what you are saying with your post but the question that burns through my mind is whether if we continue with Craig is this going to lead us to have any consistency with performances - with someone else at the helm we will still lose games but maybe someone else will have us playing more progressive, expansive football, good to watch and with us on the front foot most of the time 

here’s another point - Craig and Ann came in and the first thing that they both did was remove Gary Locke from his post - lockie is every bit as much a diehard like Levein and of course as supporters these guys will always be legends to us 

I could say right now that lockie wasn’t given a chance at all and was judged on possibly the hardest season with circumstances a hearts manager has had before he was removed from his post by the very same person we are debating should either stay on or leave his post -

why then was lockie given no time and sacked immediately but Craig is given years and seems protected at all costs 

we have had ample time with Craig at the helm and so many players signed to be able to make a subjective opinion on whether he is the man to take us forward - each one of us individually

I wanted him to progress us on the pitch but he hasn’t for me. Craig going now would be silly, him going upstairs would be even sillier as the problem then would be even if it wasn’t the case whoever gets the gig wouldn’t be made accountable under that structure and Craig would be blamed which could sour any future thoughts about him

he should always be a hero in the eyes of the club as he does genuinely love the club (this is the bit everyone has to respect) thus him stepping aside in the summer and someone else being given a chance along with being his own man, for me, is the right thing and best thing for the club as we aren’t progressing on field (for me) - saying we have reached a semi and cup final only papers over the cracks in the league performances when you look at the teams we had to play to get there 

the club matters more to me than anyone who has attachment to it or not and I would hope that those who are attached to the club and who have influence on the pitch where it matters also realise when they are flogging a dead horse - it takes a bigger man to walk away rather than progress with something that isn’t working 

Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I see what you are saying with your post but the question that burns through my mind is whether if we continue with Craig is this going to lead us to have any consistency with performances - with someone else at the helm we will still lose games but maybe someone else will have us playing more progressive, expansive football, good to watch and with us on the front foot most of the time 

here’s another point - Craig and Ann came in and the first thing that they both did was remove Gary Locke from his post - lockie is every bit as much a diehard like Levein and of course as supporters these guys will always be legends to us 

I could say right now that lockie wasn’t given a chance at all and was judged on possibly the hardest season with circumstances a hearts manager has had before he was removed from his post by the very same person we are debating should either stay on or leave his post -

why then was lockie given no time and sacked immediately but Craig is given years and seems protected at all costs 

we have had ample time with Craig at the helm and so many players signed to be able to make a subjective opinion on whether he is the man to take us forward - each one of us individually

I wanted him to progress us on the pitch but he hasn’t for me. Craig going now would be silly, him going upstairs would be even sillier as the problem then would be even if it wasn’t the case whoever gets the gig wouldn’t be made accountable under that structure and Craig would be blamed which could sour any future thoughts about him

he should always be a hero in the eyes of the club as he does genuinely love the club (this is the bit everyone has to respect) thus him stepping aside in the summer and someone else being given a chance along with being his own man, for me, is the right thing and best thing for the club as we aren’t progressing on field (for me) - saying we have reached a semi and cup final only papers over the cracks in the league performances when you look at the teams we had to play to get there 

the club matters more to me than anyone who has attachment to it or not and I would hope that those who are attached to the club and who have influence on the pitch where it matters also realise when they are flogging a dead horse - it takes a bigger man to walk away rather than progress with something that isn’t working 

Sorry the above post meaning that Craig should go in the summer after this season is finished 

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We had back ups for defence. One being Hughes and it was quickly decided that he wasn’t capable of being a back up which most fans knew this. Why was a wage wasted on him ?

It was further forward that was the problem......

Someone decided to go into the season with an inexperienced teenager and a real punt of a signing on the wings. Huge mistake.

We had no like for like replacement for Naismith. That guy is absolutely key to how we played and no forethought was given to how we would cope without him.

Uche....same as above.

Haring....same as above.

We signed 19 players and were still alarmingly short of quality in so many key areas.

The blame for that lies at the door of the manager.

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Have you forgotten about the 3 or 4 gilt edged chances that they also had at 2-1 that could have given them a comfortable win too?

I can't remember 4 gilt edged chances but then again I haven't played the game back forensically looking for opportunities to bash the manager. I left the game thinking how the **** did we lose that? As did everyone else around.me.

I think he will be gone at the end of the season. I'm not going to defend our league position, no matter the injury sutuation but making stuff up does your argument no credit. 

Bridge of Djoum
19 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

What’s really sick is you comparing Sean Clare’s birth mark to dog faeces ??

He said that?

Enzo Chiefo
24 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Fantastic post.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I can't remember 4 gilt edged chances but then again I haven't played the game back forensically looking for opportunities to bash the manager. I left the game thinking how the **** did we lose that? As did everyone else around.me.

I think he will be gone at the end of the season. I'm not going to defend our league position, no matter the injury sutuation but making stuff up does your argument no credit. 

You confuse "making things up" with holding a different opinion.  I watched the game at the time live on TV and thought they deserved to win. Yes, we had great chances with Djoum and MacLean blazing over. Hibs could also have scored 2 or 3 more at 2-1 up, Omeonga, McNulty Mallan iirc. 

i wish jj was my dad
21 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You confuse "making things up" with holding a different opinion.  I watched the game at the time live on TV and thought they deserved to win. Yes, we had great chances with Djoum and MacLean blazing over. Hibs could also have scored 2 or 3 more at 2-1 up, Omeonga, McNulty Mallan iirc. 

I'm really not. We dominated the game other than a short window in the second half. You made your mind up that you didn't like Levein and there is nothing that will change your mind. 

I think you will get your wish and he will be gone in the summer. Hopefully, you will get behind 'your club' after that rather than focusing your attention on Craig. 

fabienleclerq
12 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Sorry for the delay in re plying  due to other priorities. 

Having reviewed  the footage It seems clear to me that U Che was the obvious target for a pass. He may have Got his feet mixed up in  executing it but that does not mean it was not meant.

He goes to hit it across the box, slips and hits it off his other foot! 

It's a good bit of movement and turned gray and another defender but he doesn't mean to pass it where it went. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

punctuation
/pʌŋ(k)tʃʊˈeɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. 1. 
    the marks, such as full stop, comma, and brackets, used in writing to separate sentences and their elements and to clarify meaning.
    "you will notice that no punctuation is used"
    synonyms: punctuation marks, points

2. 2. 
    BIOLOGY
    rapid or sudden speciation, as suggested by the theory of punctuated equilibrium.

I think this may help you to make your point in a more coherent and convincing manner! I'm not sure if writing all of that without even a hint of a full stop or comparing the managerial ability of Levein to Locke is more ridiculous.