***Offishul Rangers v Hearts Thread***

upgotheheads

upgotheheads

Is anyone allowed to start an Official thread? have I got the right number of asterisks?

Anyway, I only wanted to get it going to ask CL not to tinker too much with the line-up. Uche will almost certainly be out I'm guessing  but maybe one change, with Keena for Uche and Vanacek on the bench.

Apologies if I'm getting above myself.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• merrymac

• Francis Albert

• pettigrewsstylist

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Is anyone allowed to start an Official thread? have I got the right number of asterisks?

Anyway, I only wanted to get it going to ask CL not to tinker too much with the line-up. Uche will almost certainly be out I'm guessing  but maybe one change, with Keena for Uche and Vanacek on the bench.

"Offishul" is pretty shan patter, but otherwise you got it :spoton:

Good job :clap:

:D

Famous 1874

Morelos and Halliday definitely out. I assume Kent will be suspended at some point but no doubt the SFA will let him play against us then will ban him.

Suspect Uche will not be risked for this one.

Anyone can start a match thread.

Just hope we don't get pumped. You will be held fully responsible.

I was happy with the team against Aberdeen. If Levein is going to do anything it would be to make sure the team starts the first half the way it started the second.

If Uche is out I honestly don't have an answer for what we should do. None of my ideas really appeal to me. 

I don't know how fit Keena is.

Clare is needed in the deeper role.

Vanecek just hasn't shown enough.

He might be over the hill but if Uche is out the experience McLean brings to the table might be the best option. He can't play as a lone striker like Uche. Like the second half against Aberdeen when Uche was given the right support if we play McLean we need to stay on the front foot and get Clare etc up close to him.

kirkierobroy

Sevco are crap at the back. It's important to get in their faces, as Aberdeen showed. Play for a draw and they'll hurt you, perhaps literally, if Slugger Kent is playing.

This Hearts team don’t really start games well and that’s the concern. 

We can talk of Rangers weaknesses but they do knock it around well,  and if we are sleeping and sluggish early on it’ll just play into their hands. 

Too often its taking words at half time or needing to react to going behind for Hearts to come alive.  

Need people to show far more character from the start and look to impose.  

Mr Elwood P
15 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

This Hearts team don’t really start games well and that’s the concern. 

We can talk of Rangers weaknesses but they do knock it around well,  and if we are sleeping and sluggish early on it’ll just play into their hands. 

Too often its taking words at half time or needing to react to going behind for Hearts to come alive.  

Need people to show far more character from the start and look to impose.  

Ironically it was the first 25 mins against Rangers at Tynecastle which was one of our best starts to a game this season. They are at a very low ebb after Sunday. If we frustrate them for the first 30 mins or so we can turn the crowd against them. Kilmarnock benefitted from playing them midweek after the 0-2 Aberdeen game.

tartofmidlothian

All I know is, I don't want to see Uche risked if it means he might miss the derby and I'd be perfectly happy with a 0-0. Any point through there is a good one, especially with our squad in bits.

August Landmesser
33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Ironically it was the first 25 mins against Rangers at Tynecastle which was one of our best starts to a game this season. They are at a very low ebb after Sunday. If we frustrate them for the first 30 mins or so we can turn the crowd against them. Kilmarnock benefitted from playing them midweek after the 0-2 Aberdeen game.

weans.jpg

Like to see us start with the defence/midfield we had out V Aberdeen. 

Zlamal, Brandon, Shaughnessy, Berra, Souttar, Mulraney, Haring, Djoum, Claire

Not even sure if vanecek is ready to start a game. If he is, would play him (to hold the ball up) and Keena; otherwise we are likely to see McLean and possibly Bozanic to come in

letsalldothebeattie

Depends on who’s up front for us will determine how we do. If Uche is fit and ok to play I think we stand a really good chance. If not and it’s MacLean or Keena we may struggle. Nothing against Keena just a big game to maybe be thrown into. The boost of no Morelos, Halliday & maybe Kent will be good for us 

The Apprentice

We have absolutely nothing to fear going into this. Hopefully the win at the weekend and second half performance has given the players a bit of belief that they can go there and get a result.  Aberdeen are poor IMO but have had the better of Rangers this season so it shows we can do it.

If we get the first goal I'd fancy us to win the game in all honesty.  The atmosphere has the potential to negatively affect them and their season is now over. 

I would prefer not to have Maclean in the team.  With St Johnstone and at the early part of the season, he is a nippy shite, but now he seems to just stroll about with an arrogance instead of getting stuck in.

Not a fan of his.  Half Fit Vanecek would offer more imo

OmiyaHearts

I'd like to be confident, after the weekends results, but we've all seen what usually happens when we play in Ibrox.

I'll happily take a draw.

upgotheheads
30 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I would leave Uche out. Bring in Keena. Would also be tempted to play Cochrane. 

I think minimum change is what we need for this game. If Uchi is fit then good but I've always thought that a good result deserves another game. Also we've chopped and changed too much this season imo,

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

You’ve got a flaming nerve!!

Who do you think you are??  :seething:

:wink:

Let’s hope your ‘career’  gets off to a flier with a win at Ibrox!!

:thumbsup:

The usual two-goal defeat at Ibrox, no doubt. Despite them being utter cack and missing their best players.

49 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I would leave Uche out. Bring in Keena. Would also be tempted to play Cochrane. 

Not sure I'm happy about weakening the Reserve League Cup final team. 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

weans.jpg

Brilliant!

'They've turned the fans against us, They've turned the fans against us' (insert Scouse whine)

4 hours ago, iantjambo said:

"Offishul" is pretty shan patter, but otherwise you got it :spoton:

Good job :clap:

:D

needs more asterisks imo ::troll::

Fancy Mulraney in a free role to run around at 100mph bringing defenders all over with him

Bobby

Godinho    Souttar     Berra     Dikamona       Brandon

Haring    Clare     Djoum

Mulraney        

Vanecek

tartofmidlothian

It's been mentioned on the Uche thread that he's out for Rangers but back for Hibs, if that's the case I'd bring Maclean and Bozanic in for Uche and Wighton. Less inclined to have a go at them if our biggest goal threats are missing, instead use Maclean's experience to cause them problems with Clare playing off him, and Bozanic's grit to win the midfield battle.

If we win our battles in defence and midfield enough to keep them out, that's all we can ask for. With an attack so under strength we're going to need guys like Clare, Haring and Djoum to take their chances where they can if we want three points. I'd settle for a draw, though.

Edit - and give Vanecek the last twenty or thirty minutes for Maclean, if he's fit.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

It's been mentioned on the Uche thread that he's out for Rangers but back for Hibs, if that's the case I'd bring Maclean and Bozanic in for Uche and Wighton. Less inclined to have a go at them if our biggest goal threats are missing, instead use Maclean's experience to cause them problems with Clare playing off him, and Bozanic's grit to win the midfield battle.

If we win our battles in defence and midfield enough to keep them out, that's all we can ask for. With an attack so under strength we're going to need guys like Clare, Haring and Djoum to take their chances where they can if we want three points. I'd settle for a draw, though.

Edit - and give Vanecek the last twenty or thirty minutes for Maclean, if he's fit.

I'd rather stick with Wighton, MacLean without Naismith has been  poor while by most accounts Wighton had a decent game on Saturday.

Bazzas right boot

These horrible *******s are decent going forward and Kent is a stand out for them. 

If he's out along with the other two we really do have a chance. 

Djoum needs to be in the middle. 

I'd give DV a chance, this game might suit him, hold the ball up and bring Djoum, Clare and Mulraney into the game. 

We will get chances as they are poor at the back. 

DV to play and occupy their defenders. 

Clare Djoum can exploit the space they leave in the middle. 

Mulraney could be useful on the left as Tavenier goes missing allot, defensively. 

Need ti defend well tho and get the second balls. 

The atmosphere will also be toxic, their season is over. 

29 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

These horrible *******s are decent going forward and Kent is a stand out for them. 

If he's out along with the other two we really do have a chance. 

Djoum needs to be in the middle. 

I'd give DV a chance, this game might suit him, hold the ball up and bring Djoum, Clare and Mulraney into the game. 

We will get chances as they are poor at the back. 

DV to play and occupy their defenders. 

Clare Djoum can exploit the space they leave in the middle. 

Mulraney could be useful on the left as Tavenier goes missing allot, defensively. 

Need ti defend well tho and get the second balls. 

The atmosphere will also be toxic, their season is over. 

:spoton:

Pretty much nailed it.

Nothing more to really add, apart from this could be a real chance for Vanecek to get his Hearts career rolling, if he's up to it.

N Lincs Jambo
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Kevin Clancy the referee

Pretty sure he’s not “Rangers-minded “ so this might be a good appointment. Taking nothing for granted though 

Gorgie_Rules

No chance we should play Uche in this one even if he is declared fit, its going to be a tough ask for any of our squad to play 4 huge games in 14 days. 

For Hibs i’d probably go with

Bobby

Berra Souttar Dikamona (if fit)

Godinho           Haring        Mulraney

Djoum         Bozanic

Clare

Uche

Bozanic for energy in the middle, Godinho and Dikamona as they both performed well in last derby and don’t trust Brandon/Shaughnessy as much.

so for Wednesday:

Bobby, Brandon Berra Souttar Shaughnessy Mulraney, Lee Bozanic Cochrane, Keena Vanecek/MacLean

Therefore keeping fresh for the derby: Uche, Clare, Haring, Djoum, Dikamona, Godinho

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

My prediction

Bobby

Berra

Shaughnessy

Souttar

Brandon

Haring
Djoum

Mulraney

Clare

Morrson

Keena

Subs:
Doyle

Godinho

Bozanic

Lee

Cochrane

McLean

Vanecek

There seasons over.

Players missing.

Morale low.

Perhaps the biggest impact is the fans. If we can make them look poor in the first 10-15 minutes the crowd will turn on them. If we can create a toxic atmosphere against them that could be a big decider.

CloustonHMFC

Can’t see anything but a rangers win tbh. We bottle it every time we play at Ibrox. Only thing I’m looking for is a fighting performance, anything above that is a bonus. 

Edited by clouston1992

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

They don't all turn up for midweek games. Crowd could be as much as 20,000 down. 

Not easy to get from Nairn or Belfast and back midweek.

Pasquale for King

It’s a free hit so go and press them into mistakes, they’re really poor defensively. We have to assign someone to Tavernier, he and Candeais link really well and need to be looked after.

6 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Rangers are there for the taking, that defence of theirs is embarrassing. I’d start Van with morrison and mulraney either side of him, without the ball 4-5-1, and when attacking 4-3-3. 

Mr Elwood P

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/rangers-fc/1899/matches/

Rangers not won any of their last five and only three games from the last ten. Anyone other than Gerrard would be getting hounded out the door. Amazing how far a name can carry you in the world of football.

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/heart-of-midlothian-fc/1900/matches/

Interestingly our last 20 games:

W10 D5 L5

Our demise must have been exaggerated. Very frustrating to look at those dropped points to St Mirren, Dundee, Hamilton and Livingston, while we've managed to beat Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock and been a bawhair away from a hard fought draw against Celtic. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a free hit so go and press them into mistakes, they’re really poor defensively. We have to assign someone to Tavernier, he and Candeais link really well and need to be looked after.

Best way to deal with Tavernier is to put a winger on him. 

Like we done with Tierney at Tynecastle. 

Mulraney would be my choice. 

8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/rangers-fc/1899/matches/

Rangers not won any of their last five and only three games from the last ten. Anyone other than Gerrard would be getting hounded out the door. Amazing how far a name can carry you in the world of football.

https://us.soccerway.com/teams/scotland/heart-of-midlothian-fc/1900/matches/

Interestingly our last 20 games:

W10 D5 L5

Our demise must have been exaggerated. Very frustrating to look at those dropped points to St Mirren, Dundee, Hamilton and Livingston, while we've managed to beat Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock and been a bawhair away from a hard fought draw against Celtic. 

I think this is peoples issue with Levein. We clearly have a team who can compete with the best teams in the league but for some reason the players don’t look motivated against the lesser side and unable to break down there defences. 

gashauskis9
13 hours ago, number-16 said:

My prediction

Bobby

Berra

Shaughnessy

Souttar

Brandon

Haring
Djoum

Mulraney

Clare

Morrson

Keena

Subs:
Doyle

Godinho

Bozanic

Lee

Cochrane

McLean

Vanecek

Bozanic for Morrison and that’s the team for me.

Hope we don’t feck about with the defence.  Actually felt well organised for most of Saturday.

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I think this is peoples issue with Levein. We clearly have a team who can compete with the best teams in the league but for some reason the players don’t look motivated against the lesser side and unable to break down there defences. 

Aye, but just folk that are completely clueless about football and are thus totally oblivious to how hard it can be to break down a team intent on defending and time wasting for 90 mins. Anyone with half a football brain could predict that we would beat Aberdeen on Saturday as they would come and try to win the match. Naismith is massive for the games against Livingston, Hamilton etc as he has the intelligence and guille to help unlock these defences. A couple  more quality attacking players added to the current squad should see us so very well next season.