***Offishul Rangers v Hearts Thread***

upgotheheads

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

2 wins at Ibrox in nearly 15 years.....

really optimistic abut this one.

not.

The absence of experienced full backs will cost us i think. Midfield doesnt seems to have the steel and grit reqd. for a match like this,  and of course who will score tonight?

Would take 0-0 now. Biggest hope is no injuries or suspensions for Sat and the main event.!!

And in case we overcome all that then there is the GFAs representative in black to negotiate.?

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• merrymac

• Francis Albert

• pettigrewsstylist

20 minutes ago, The Doc said:

Interesting team news.

Godinho and Brandon wing backs.

Boz starts. Clare Behind Wighton ?

Team news isn’t out until 6.30pm...?

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Who? You may have missed it but Glasgow Rangers were liquidated and effectively died...ceased to exist.

This is a whole new club we’re playing tonight.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

True dat!

27 minutes ago, The Doc said:

Interesting team news.

Godinho and Brandon wing backs.

Boz starts. Clare Behind Wighton ?

Well if I recall you got the selection correct for Saturday so assume you are right for tonight.

Is Mulraney playing? I think he took a knock on Saturday and was limping a bit at times although he seemed to run it off.

I ask as I think he would be useful at keeping Tavernier on his toes and not wanting to get forward so much hopefully.

Horatio Caine

Not sure how wise it is to post team news - if it correct - on this forum so well ahead of kick off.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Who? You may have missed it but Glasgow Rangers were liquidated and effectively died...ceased to exist.

This is a whole new club we’re playing tonight.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

And, they're at their lowest point, in their near 7 year history. Great time to play them and their rookie manager. 

26 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Aye, ok then !

The Doc isn’t a WUM

Makes sense to bring in Boz as we are away and I can see why we have gone for an actual defender at wing or full back.

I can also why this will be criticised but Levein will get much more heat for losing to Hibs than Rangers away. 

We need our best team for the weekend, not tonight. I haven’t given the game up but if Mulraney is struggling better he is kept for Hibs game IMO

JamboGraham

The 2 wins in 15 years whilst interesting (or horrific!) doesn't really tell us much apart from the fact that Rangers are much bigger, well resourced club compared to us. In the triggers broom world of football there is no like for like comparison. Even compared to the previous game this season we are likely to start with only 4 of the same players, two that started last time round aren't even at the club anymore.

Ibrox is tough to go to because they are a bigger, well resourced club compared to ours. Not because we have some kind of mental block that has been handed down across 3 owners, 13 managers and hundreds of players... 

They should be asked what basis are they appealing that and then told to do one in this instance

Ban stands

SuperstarSteve

Gotta admit I need to hold my hands up, done nothing but complain when lafferty was sold to rangers, spouting nonsense like "we are gifting them a 20 goal a season striker and the chance to challenge" 

We have spent a lot of the season without a natural goal scorer and a win tonight means we are only 7 points off them.

Considering the injuries we have had I think that's fantastic.

Albeit a loss and we are 13 behind. 

3 wins in 15 years is it not?

Hamil winner in 2004

Win under Sergio in 2012 

Sows late winner in 2014.  

Not that the extra win makes it look much better. ?

Edited by Debut 4

JamboGraham
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

3 wins in 15 years is it not?

Hamil winner in 2004

Win under Sergio in 2012 

Sows late winner in 2014.  

Not that the extra win makes it look much better. ?

Technically just...however I think people are counting the 15 years starting with that game, rather than it being part of it.

NaturalOrder74

I've slapped on a bet for hearts win like a right moron, we always lose when I put a bet on hearts, just a wee heads up if anyone wants some free money fire it on sevco

keithyboy1975
On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 13:44, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm guessing this won't be available on Mobdro app though.

Who are folk using for their dodgy streams these days then?

Probably be on Rangers YouTube Channel mate!!!

1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

The 2 wins in 15 years whilst interesting (or horrific!) doesn't really tell us much apart from the fact that Rangers are much bigger, well resourced club compared to us. In the triggers broom world of football there is no like for like comparison. Even compared to the previous game this season we are likely to start with only 4 of the same players, two that started last time round aren't even at the club anymore.

Ibrox is tough to go to because they are a bigger, well resourced club compared to ours. Not because we have some kind of mental block that has been handed down across 3 owners, 13 managers and hundreds of players... 

Factually though, we've played the Rangers 9 times at Ibrox in their history with 6 losses, one win, one draw and one abandoned.

One of the losses was when we had already been crowned Champions and were applauded onto the pitch.

We've only lost once to them at Tynecastle and have given them a few doings in their short history.

JamboGraham
14 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Factually though, we've played the Rangers 9 times at Ibrox in their history with 6 losses, one win, one draw and one abandoned.

One of the losses was when we had already been crowned Champions and were applauded onto the pitch.

We've only lost once to them at Tynecastle and have given them a few doings in their short history.

Fair enough...but 1 win in 8 completed matches against the Rangers at Ibrox pretty much continues the trends seen against Rangers at Ibrox.

Being applauded on to the pitch and losing is still losing.

Don't see how a good record at Tynecastle is relevant when this evenings game is at Ibrox.

Edited by JamboGraham

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, keithyboy1975 said:

Probably be on Rangers YouTube Channel mate!!!

Cheers mate. I'll no doubt be frantically scrabbling around at kick off time with half a dozen devices trying to find a low-res buffering stream with illegible weegie commentry.

Magic :D

jamtartan74
19 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Cheers mate. I'll no doubt be frantically scrabbling around at kick off time with half a dozen devices trying to find a low-res buffering stream with illegible weegie commentry.

Magic :D

Periscope is always another option to try, sometimes get someone putting a stream of it on that.

Walter Bishop

Rangers, their manager and their fans crying all week about Brown winding them up and then they post this..... Just taking the piss out of the whole disciplinary system.

Remember to pick up a programme at Ibrox tonight for the match against Hearts. Packed with exclusive interviews, features, facts, stats and more.  Find out what’s inside and pick up a digital version now: https://rng.rs/2FQDuop 

D3N-_tNWAAAYy1G.jpg

jamtartan74

Sadly I just can’t see us getting anything tonight, sevco will be looking to bounce back from Sunday’s madness and we very rarely go to Ibrox looking like we are even trying to win so I predict a sore one tonight 4-1 maybe ?

Bazzas right boot

Think missing Smith, Naismith and Uche will show tonight. 

Got 2/3-0 all over it. 

Think Mulraney could have been great to counter Tavernier (sp) as well, but looks like he's being rested. 

Only hope is it stays 0-0 long enough and we can sneak a win. 

We are still pretty strong at the back and with Djoum and Haring in the middle ( Djoum must be in the middle) we have a good core, if not an exciting one. 

My dream  is of course that Wighton or Clare puts in a performance akin to Johnstone. 

35 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Fair enough...but 1 win in 8 completed matches against the Rangers at Ibrox pretty much continues the trends seen against Rangers at Ibrox.

Being applauded on to the pitch and losing is still losing.

Don't see how a good record at Tynecastle is relevant when this evenings game is at Ibrox.

Wasn't trying to argue with you mate.

Just making the point that the new club's record at Tynecastle is similar to ours at Ibrox.

If Jake is out:

_______________Zlamal

________Souttar__Berra__Shaughnessy 

Godhino__Haring__Clare __Djoum__Brandon

____________Wighton__MacLean 

gorgieheart
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The Doc isn’t a WUM

Makes sense to bring in Boz as we are away and I can see why we have gone for an actual defender at wing or full back.

I can also why this will be criticised but Levein will get much more heat for losing to Hibs than Rangers away. 

We need our best team for the weekend, not tonight. I haven’t given the game up but if Mulraney is struggling better he is kept for Hibs game IMO

Surely, if we have nothing to lose tonight we start vanecek with wighton/clare supporting and mclean on bench ?

46 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

If Jake is out:

_______________Zlamal

This would be my team as well.

Only consideration would be Keena for McLean because he's a goal threat.

Just don't see Vanecek making life difficult enough for defenders to justify a start. 

A tweak in formation perhaps.

______________Zlamal

_____Souttar__Berra__Shaughnessy 

Godinho_____Haring_________Brandon

______Clare__Djoum___Wighton

____________McLean

Edited by Bauld

gashauskis9
46 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

If Jake is out:

_______________Zlamal

Push Clare up with Wighton and replace MacLean with Boz and I reckon that’s the team.

Fly the Saltire

Rangers have appealed Ryan Kent's obvious punch on Scott Brown so that he can play against Hearts.

Surely the appeal should have been heard before the next fixture involved due to suspension.

Why did it take league until Tuesday to issue what was an obvious red card offence

Calebs Grandad
6 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If it was us doing that the player would be made an example of. Think they stopped adding matches to any ban for frivolous appeals. Its not just sevco here, those running our game are a bloody embarrassment allowing an appeal.

In total agreement. This is one of the main reasons they are unlikely to implement VAR in Scotland too.

Rocky jamboa

I'm predicting the usual insipid performance in Glasgow. Rangers will be like a wounded animal after Sunday and will want it more than us. A comfortable 2 or 3 nil win for them unfortunately. Hope I'm proved wrong. 

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Think we'll win tonight, the Buns got a right boot in the gonads on Sunday and put in a hell of a lot of effort for nothing. They can't sit in a home so we'll be very dangerous on the counter which suits us. You need a slice of luck and the crucial decisions to go your away there but we're due a favour or two. 

We'll win. 

This is the kind of blinkered optimism I'm of a mind to get onboard with.

Ding ding.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

I had a dream somebody won 4-0

In the dream, I was speaking to a Rangers fan and said I couldn't believe that ended 4-0.

AlphonseCapone

I reckon the first 15 minutes decides the winner. If they are up for it and go hard at the start, either we hold firm and I think the game finishes a draw or they score and we capitulate. If they aren't up for it, effects of Sunday etc, and we sense some blood early on, I think we'll sneak a 1 goal win. 

I've basically predicted everything which is genuinely how I feel about Hearts games. Could go any ****ing way against any team. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I had a dream somebody won 4-0

In the dream, I was speaking to a Rangers fan and said I couldn't believe that ended 4-0.

Shite dream tbh, unless the rangers fan you spoke to was Laffertys scorned wife looking to get her own back. ?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Who is the ref?

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

I reckon the first 15 minutes decides the winner. If they are up for it and go hard at the start, either we hold firm and I think the game finishes a draw or they score and we capitulate. If they aren't up for it, effects of Sunday etc, and we sense some blood early on, I think we'll sneak a 1 goal win. 

I've basically predicted everything. 

unnamed.jpg

5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Shite dream tbh, unless the rangers fan you spoke to was Laffertys scorned wife looking to get her own back. ?

It was a shite dream tbh.

Reminded me of the one Homer had when he invented the thing everyone had in their house, but he couldn't see in the dream.

Edited by Lovecraft

Jack Torrance
27 minutes ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Rangers have appealed Ryan Kent's obvious punch on Scott Brown so that he can play against Hearts.

Surely the appeal should have been heard before the next fixture involved due to suspension.

Why did it take league until Tuesday to issue what was an obvious red card offence

They didn’t appeal it. As nothing arrived by 5pm it’s adjucated on Thursday.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

It was a shite dream tbh.

Reminded me of the one Homer had when he invented the thing everyone had in their house, but he couldn't see in the dream.

???

The White Cockade

as always at Ibrox I hope for the best but don't expect much

We are fairly poor away from home and without Uche will have no real goal threat

Defoe and/or Lafferty bound to come in and score

Kent is a real danger man

2/3-0 to them although obviously hope i'm talking ****

I’m sceptical as to who’s capable of stepping up their game from midfield to front?

You know the defence will dig in as usual. 

But on nights like this you look to your alleged “players” to impose themselves, attempt to take a grip on the game somewhere in the 90 and make us truly in with a shout. 

A Shoreditch Heart
8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m sceptical as to who’s capable of stepping up their game from midfield to front?

You know the defence will dig in as usual. 

But on nights like this you look to your alleged “players” to impose themselves, attempt to take a grip on the game somewhere in the 90 and make us truly in with a shout. 

it's all set up for Djoum - this could be his big night

33 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've basically predicted everything which is genuinely how I feel about Hearts games. Could go any ****ing way against any team. 

If they are "up for it" but lose an early goal, the small crowd will turn on them and we will reign supreme.

We need to be all chirpy  full of running and confident.

Really looking forward to it which is rare for me when we are playing either of the horribles.

We will get beat again. Not because we are week minded losers or levein shat his pants but because they have loads more money, have better players and home advantage.

Captain Sausage

Well there goes the game. 

Brandon and Godinho at full back. 

Wighton up top with Clare behind him. 

Really shows up our our lack of depth in these two areas. And what a poor signing Vanecek has unfortunately turned out to be.