***Offishul Rangers v Hearts Thread***

upgotheheads

3 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

2 wins at Ibrox in nearly 15 years.....

really optimistic abut this one.

not.

To balance your view which I totally respect, I'm wildly optimistic.

If (when) we win we'll be as happy as each other.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• merrymac

• Francis Albert

• pettigrewsstylist

rick witter

Let’s see if at least this time we are still in the game after 20 mins at least. That would be “progress” on our normal outings in Glasgow. 

7 hours ago, Fourcandles said:

2 wins at Ibrox in nearly 15 years.....

really optimistic abut this one.

not.

Most of the time it seems we produce stuffy, tired looking performances at ibrox , yet at times v Celtic at Parkhead we’ve had some encouraging shows even in defeat.  

It’s always about what’s in our heads. Do we want to impose ourselves quickly? Do some players really want to be playing and have the guts to want the ball and do something worthwhile?

Its deja vu. Don’t know how many times we’ve discussed the same things over the years prior to a game there?

So the TV decided not to show this but Celtic v Celtic fans fc, while BBC still don't broadcast from Grayskull... So I am guessing we will all be scraping around for streams from Dead FC Bigot TV tonight then? 

Depressing stuff 

The Future's Maroon
10 hours ago, dannymack said:

Glasgow Rangers 2 v 0 Heart of Midlothian.

Glasgow Rangers Half time/ Full Time

Who? You may have missed it but Glasgow Rangers were liquidated and effectively died...ceased to exist.

This is a whole new club we’re playing tonight.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

3 minutes ago, Bozi said:

So the TV decided not to show this but Celtic v Celtic fans fc, while BBC still don't broadcast from Grayskull... So I am guessing we will all be scraping around for streams from Dead FC Bigot TV tonight then? 

Depressing stuff 

Tickets still available !

:kirk:

There will have to be a big turnaround in the way we approach games at Ibrox for us to take anything from this game and I don't see anything changing. We must have a better chance with them having some of their big players suspended but I still can't see it unfortunately . 2-0 to them but hopefully I'm wrong. (If the game was at Tynecastle I'd be saying 2-1 to us)

Riddley Walker
14 hours ago, steven.dandy79 said:

https://www.vipbox.live/

i use this on my laptop when at work, can be a bit temperamental tho and definitely need a ad blocker 

This site has been working almost flawlessly (relative to a dodgy stream site) for a couple of months now.

Realistically I expect us to get beat. 

We're glad Morelos is out but they will likely replace him with Jermaine Defoe. 

Defoe might be long past his glory days but he could make us look like right dicks with his experience alone. 

What I do hope is we put up a proper fight and give a real performance. Like the second half against the sheep. If we do that and lose then all we can say is shit happens but it will also give us a chance of getting a result. 

If we lay down for a tummy tickle then I'll be raging.

The Internet

- Shall we put the rangers v hearts game on tv? 

- Nah. 

- Hm how about hibs v kilmarnock, that's sure to be competitive. 

- No way. 

- Aberdeen - motherwell? Two attacking teams there. 

- Not a chance

- St mirren v cel-

- definitely

Sun reporting that Kents suspension will be appealed meaning he can play tonight. I give up with this game 

Jambof3tornado
16 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Sun reporting that Kents suspension will be appealed meaning he can play tonight. I give up with this game 

They have no shame!! Lol

11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

They have no shame!! Lol

I said the same thing in Sunday there and predicted they'd appeal any retrospective action. He'll probably get it rescinded too, knowing them 

1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

It's a joke. How can that even be appealed. I'm the same fed up with this nonsense. 

Hard to feel too confident about tonight, get home with a point an i will be happy.

Calebs Grandad

Threw a punch that connected and knocked opposing player over

Took place in the center of the pitch with no other players obscuring the view

Referee immediately raises his whistle and runs towards Kent

60,000 spectators plus tv cameras watching it happen

Appeal? ???

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Threw a punch that connected and knocked opposing player over

Took place in the center of the pitch with no other players obscuring the view

Referee immediately raises his whistle and runs towards Kent

60,000 spectators plus tv cameras watching it happen

Appeal? ???

If it was us doing that the player would be made an example of. Think they stopped adding matches to any ban for frivolous appeals. Its not just sevco here, those running our game are a bloody embarrassment allowing an appeal.

If they appeal the Kent incident it tells me they are worried. 

Without Kent and Morelos they don't think they can best us.

That and they are desperate to amend the derby loss. They know their fans are at breaking point and Gerrard can't afford for it to go completely tits up. 

maroonshrew

It's a flaw in the system but we have exploited that plenty over the years, before derbies too. Can't blame them for taking advantage of a terrible ruling. If it was Uche for instance (forgetting the injury) we would also do it. 

9 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

It's a flaw in the system but we have exploited that plenty over the years, before derbies too. Can't blame them for taking advantage of a terrible ruling. If it was Uche for instance (forgetting the injury) we would also do it. 

I completely agree, just seems a bit risky for Rangers as the ban could be extended and he will also miss at least the first game after the split which you’d imagine would be trickier than us at home given our recent results there. 

gashauskis9
2 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Great, so other teams get to benefit from them missing their best player.

The audacity of these ****ers is unbelievable.  They know they won’t win the appeal.  By their logic, our players should just go out and punch everyone in front of the cameras tonight but appeal it to make themselves available for the derby.

Feckin joke.

maroonshrew
Just now, karipidis said:

I completely agree, just seems a bit risky for Rangers as the ban could be extended and he will also miss at least the first game after the split which you’d imagine would be trickier than us at home given our recent results there. 

Very true. They SHOULD be confident of beating us at home given our form pre Aberdeen result. As someone said previously, we should be encouraged that they're worried and see if we can exploit that. 

Only problem is we really REALLY need an out ball at Ibrox and with no Uche, I just can't see Clare out of position or Wighton or Maclean getting any joy. We don't really have much choice but to play Vanacek I don't think. 

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Heavy snow in east Calder at the mo worse as you head west 

No snow to worry about in Glasgow today. Totally pishing down at the moment and likely to stay that way.

OmiyaHearts
10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Nothing to lose by going for it tonight full pelt.  Sevco are chronic at the back.

I agree but without Uche and/or Naismith we are chronic going forward.

I think it'll be 0 -0 tonight and would be happy with that.

We're complete underdogs, pressure is all on Gerrard and Rangers.

No one expects Levein to get a result at Ibrox, imagine most Hearts fans expect a loss.

So I fancy us to win this. Heck, history will tell you that Hearts have been the catalyst in Rangers 2.0 sacking all their managers. Beat Rangers tonight, beat them at Tynecastle and I fancy us to finish above then and Gerrard to get his marching orders in the summer :D

Edited by kila

Can't really come up with a forward line that gives me confidence tbh, would look to keep the team the same as the weekend but whether it's Vanecek, MacLean or Keena that comes in for Uche I can see us setting up for a 0-0

40 minutes ago, Bauld said:

If they appeal the Kent incident it tells me they are worried. 

Without Kent and Morelos they don't think they can best us.

You are aware that the team bus stops at the Glasgow city boundary to put their nappies on? We have an appalling record there and have done my whole life. Put it into perspective, Aberdeen have won in Glasgow at least four times in the last calendar year!! 

Edited by Paris 84

alwaysthereinspirit
12 minutes ago, kila said:

We're complete underdogs, pressure is all on Gerrard and Rangers.

No one expects Levein to get a result at Ibrox, imagine most Hearts fans expect a loss.

So I fancy us to win this. Heck, history will tell you that Hearts have been the catalyst in Rangers 2.0 sacking all their managers. Beat Rangers tonight, beat them at Tynecastle and I fancy us to finish above then and Gerrard to get his marching orders in the summer :D

I never expect Hearts to lose. Ever. Just couldn't bring myself to say the words "I think we'll lose"

I'm going for at least a point for us.

The Future's Maroon

Spoke to three Sevco fans at work and asked how they think it’ll go tonight.

All three with a similar reply of “don’t care/give a shit cos the seasons over”, I don’t expect a large crowd - could be an advantage, especially if we can sneak an early goal?

17 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I agree but without Uche and/or Naismith we are chronic going forward.

I think it'll be 0 -0 tonight and would be happy with that.

Big Dave with a hat trick maybe ...........there again maybe not.  Still reckon they are there for the taking. If we can get past the first twenty minutes unscathed after Sunday their crowd will get on their players backs.  A nice wee one nil win would do us nicely.

26 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Great, so other teams get to benefit from them missing their best player.

The audacity of these ****ers is unbelievable.  They know they won’t win the appeal.  By their logic, our players should just go out and punch everyone in front of the cameras tonight but appeal it to make themselves available for the derby.

Feckin joke.

Tbf if the game after Hibs wasn't the semi, I'd happily watch a bloodbath tonight and just appeal the reds that come our way :lol:

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, rick witter said:

Let’s see if at least this time I'm not dribbling down my chin in the game after 20 mins at least. That would be “progress” on my normal outings on JKB. 

FTFY. 

On 01/04/2019 at 16:19, Nookie Bear said:

Feeling unusually confident and think Wednesday will see rangers season implode in spectacular fashion.

You must be on something we never perform in Glasgow

It will be the usual back to the wall 

0-2 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, The Doc said:

Interesting team news.

Godinho and Brandon wing backs.

Boz starts. Clare Behind Wighton ?

Hope not, Mulraney had his best game for us on Saturday and should be starting unless he's being rested for Saturday. 

Mr Elwood P
27 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

You must be on something we never perform in Glasgow

It will be the usual back to the wall 

0-2 

So must you! Hearts will never win 0-2, maybe 1-2 if we're lucky!

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hope not, Mulraney had his best game for us on Saturday and should be starting unless he's being rested for Saturday. 

Looked like he was carrying a knock near the end

gorgieheart
6 minutes ago, The Doc said:

Interesting team news.

Godinho and Brandon wing backs.

Boz starts. Clare Behind Wighton ?

Aye, ok then !

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Confident of a win tonight. Don't know why, just think we will do it tonight.

I feel quite confident as well but when you think that Naismith, Uche, Mulraney, Garuccio, Mitchell and Dikamona are all injured feeling confident seems daft.

Think we'll win tonight, the Buns got a right boot in the gonads on Sunday and put in a hell of a lot of effort for nothing. They can't sit in a home so we'll be very dangerous on the counter which suits us. You need a slice of luck and the crucial decisions to go your away there but we're due a favour or two. 

We'll win.