***Kazakhstan v Scotland Official Match Thread***

iantjambo

The Future's Maroon
21 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The “tartan army” are w******. They are self-important morons and it is a pleasure to watch them get let down at every turn.

Ever been to a Scotland game? I have and they are anything but what your saying.

21 minutes ago, jamborich said:

I haven't read all the thread but seriously are people having a dig at the fans

See above, there has been a few posts on this thread taking the piss out them.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• letsalldothebeattie

• merrymac

• iantjambo

52 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

That is a 1 5 we ought not celebrate then...?

Piper Perri, so we can,,,,,,mid twenties in that shot

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Does anyone else reckon McLeish might have some sort of mental illness?

Me, not a laughing matter but I’ve thought for a while he’s been showing signs of something like dementia.. he is rumoured to have an alcohol problem which can of course result in similar outcome

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Maybe a female? 

This is a great idea...When they try to get rid of her,  she would take the SFA for everything, they would end up broke and she would get to keep Hampden.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Haha! 

The worst thing is i’m not even that bothered or surprised we lost. 

Same, can’t believe it’s got to this :(

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

He does seem very dull witted now. Not that he was ever an intellectual.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Me, not a laughing matter but I’ve thought for a while he’s been showing signs of something like dementia.. he is rumoured to have an alcohol problem which can of course result in similar outcome

What is it with all our managers being rumoured to be piss-heads? I mean the Scotland job can't be that bad, zero expectations from the bosses above for a start...

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Heard that as well about the booze. 

13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Not sure, but I just think he is a shit manager. 

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I get all the digs at the team, manager, opposition and result. 

But the digs at the hard working guys who fork out shed loads of money to travel, follow and support the team is a bit off....yes they must have blind faith etc, but they go, they follow through think and thin...ripping the urine out of the tartan army is not right imo....I genuinely feel sorry for these guys.

This....and for those that think the result doesn't matter to these guys and having been on a few TA trips myself i can assure you it F**KIN matters

Rocky jamboa

McLeish was a stupid and cheap appointment. The SFA should be taking all the blame. They have ran Scottish football into the ground for the last 2 decades. 

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

The “tartan army” are w******. They are self-important morons and it is a pleasure to watch them get let down at every turn.

:spoton:

The SFA and big Eck are a marvelous fit.     He's probably got 2 games.     Then the SFA need to find another lad from the good lads club to gift a job to.

1 hour ago, RDSK said:

If you could swap Levein and McLeish so that Levein left and became Scotland manager and McLeish became Hearts boss would you? 

Like asking if I want steel to caps or stilettos to the bollocks.

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I’ve been saying this since he returned, I’m sure more qualified folk on here could tell you but having personal experience of this i would say he has the onset of Alzheimer’s.

24 minutes ago, GYL said:

This....and for those that think the result doesn't matter to these guys and having been on a few TA trips myself i can assure you it F**KIN matters

I honestly feel that by celebrating and accepting failure the TA are part of the problem. I went to Scotland games when they were on Saturdays but now they are every night of the week. The SFA hike up ticket prices and travel club membership and never care about last train times etc and the TA accept it and boost the bar profits of whichever country beat us. No club support would accept this situation but the SFA parasites like Petrie give us same old and it's now accepted and funny. It's time we had boycotts and demonstrations and forced meaningful change from top to bottom. No more jobs for the boys 

Pasquale for King

Ever been to a Scotland game? I have and they are anything but what your saying.

See above, there has been a few posts on this thread taking the piss out them.

I used to go as a kid and my niece bought me a ticket to the Lithuania home game a few years back when Novi ripped Patterson. I have to agree that the ones I experienced and know are wankers, they only follow them get away from their wife. Some of the guys I know went to Tallinn in Estonia, 7

middle aged men went and only 3 came back after meeting young women out there ?. They looked shocked at the performance today, they must’ve seen it before surely. I’m sure not all of them are like that though ??.

Edited by Pasquale for King

The Future's Maroon
24 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Disappointed in that post, always thought your were one of the good poster on here? (Still do, but that one irked me,sry)

How anyone cant give the Scotland fans who travel to games a hard time is beyond me.

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Definitely, I heard In the past it wasn’t just drink he had a problem with.

colinmaroon
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve been saying this since he returned, I’m sure more qualified folk on here could tell you but having personal experience of this i would say he has the onset of Alzheimer’s.

It's MOFOD!

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

I honestly feel that by celebrating and accepting failure the TA are part of the problem. I went to Scotland games when they were on Saturdays but now they are every night of the week. The SFA hike up ticket prices and travel club membership and never care about last train times etc and the TA accept it and boost the bar profits of whichever country beat us. No club support would accept this situation but the SFA parasites like Petrie give us same old and it's now accepted and funny. It's time we had boycotts and demonstrations and forced meaningful change from top to bottom. No more jobs for the boys 

Good post ??

Pasquale for King
Just now, colinmaroon said:

It's MOFOD!

I haven’t heard that term? Is it used for ex players that head the ball too much?

11 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

You misunderstand.....there is no celebrating of failure believe me. Fans will be raging and McLeish et al will know about it.....yes they will go and get pissed drown their sorrows does that make them w***ers?? They will continue to support their nation and their team even in adversity does that make them w***ers??

I agree that the Tartan Army are part of the problem. They have forgotten the score about five minutes after the game have a good night our and then go home quite happy. This lets the manager off the hook whereas other countries fans would be wanting the manager sacked.

Our national has been poor for a number of years and that doesn’t like changing anytime soon you could list various reasons for the decline which I’m sure as been discussed time and again and many people will have solutions and I’m probably not going to say anything original but is it time to ditch hampden? Maybe just maybe a smaller venue packed Easter road,pittodrie,tyncastle or even St Johnstone could generate an atmosphere in Scotlands favour only trouble is they have play reasonably well in order for the crowd to react.

Things are different in so many ways but there is little doubt the TA are not the 12th man of previous supports, having been in huge crowds at Hampden. 50,000 people singing do a deer etc while  wearing strange hats would make Parkhead or Ibrox less intimidating, maybe that's the answer to make our game more even?

2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Our national has been poor for a number of years and that doesn’t like changing anytime soon you could list various reasons for the decline which I’m sure as been discussed time and again and many people will have solutions and I’m probably not going to say anything original but is it time to ditch hampden? Maybe just maybe a smaller venue packed Easter road,pittodrie,tyncastle or even St Johnstone could generate an atmosphere in Scotlands favour only trouble is they have play reasonably well in order for the crowd to react.

:wow:

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Heard that as well about the booze. 

Its not booze mate. Sfa have made a right mess of this

23 minutes ago, GYL said:

You misunderstand.....there is no celebrating of failure believe me. Fans will be raging and McLeish et al will know about it.....yes they will go and get pissed drown their sorrows does that make them w***ers?? They will continue to support their nation and their team even in adversity does that make them w***ers??

No they are not that but they hold the power and only by them forcing change will we get it. I appreciate that they want to go to finals but it's never going to happen unless they get serious. The French take to the streets to protest and don't back down until they get what they want. The TA will be there on Sunday and all will be well in the SFA garden. 

2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

But the digs at the hard working guys who fork out shed loads of money to travel, follow and support the team is a bit off....yes they must have blind faith etc, but they go, they follow through think and thin...ripping the urine out of the tartan army is not right imo....I genuinely feel sorry for these guys.

People who slag them off are a special kind of weird!

Players give up their time etc so hard to really criticise when they aren’t actually that good, however certainly good enough to beat that opposition .

the manager and Peter grant are has beens though and are finding that out. Their starting line up was frankly appalling. And their inability to change it during the game was (well) familiar.

poor appointment by the muppets who run the game and so it’s been proved. But hey, they’ll get hefty pay offs for being incompetent and we will move on.

embarrassing today and McLeish will join Berti in the hall of shame before too long

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Absolutely, the bigger games could go to Ibrox or Celtic Park. The next time both of the OF get to a semi or final just flip a coin and play alternatively from then on. 

Sell Hanpdump and use the money to help our failing game.

5 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

No they are not that but they hold the power and only by them forcing change will we get it. I appreciate that they want to go to finals but it's never going to happen unless they get serious. The French take to the streets to protest and don't back down until they get what they want. The TA will be there on Sunday and all will be well in the SFA garden. 

Look at Hampden attendances and membership numbers. TA is being driven away, me included

Cruyff Turn

You just have to look at the decline from the standard of player we had, to what we have now. 

We we used to have a good few top level players. 60’s, 70’s, 80’s early to mid 90’s we had good players.

Then we got to the end of the Craig Brown era and there was nothing coming through. Berti had the shite task of filtering young guys into the National Team and trying to assemble something. He got us to the play offs the old fashioned way and gave us a decent platform,  when Smith and McLeish were in charge first time round.

Then, as that group of Caldwell, Fletcher, McFadden, Naisy, Brown, Gordon, Snodgrass etc... are either finished or coming to their end.. there’s absolutely nothing coming through again that equates to top level players.

It’s as if we’re actually producing poorer players decade upon decade. 

Guys like that big huddy upfront, McGinn, Palmer etc tonight, wouldn’t have got near a B team in the 80’s, 90’s. 

Alan Hutton was pish but I actually thought to myself at half time, he could probably still do a better job than Palmer or O’Donnell. 

That is is where we are at.

I honestly hope these performance academics actually produce something in the next 5-10 years because at the moment, we look like we will never Qualify for anything ever again. We seem to be getting even further away if anything.

Another thing that boils my piss is that it’s only us and Switzerland that have such small top divisions and I think there is definitely something in this.

Nearly every Country in Europe has a 16/18 team league. We need to do away with semi pro leagues within our structure and have two professional leagues. It’s ok for Switzerland because they are surrounded by top European countries who scout their best talents and develop them in Germany, Italy or France.

We need more young Scottish players playing at our most elite level, at a much younger age but the status quo at the moment doesn’t allow for this because the leagues too tight and there is too much at stake to play youngsters. That said, Hamilton did it and they produced two top flight Scottish players. So imo there has to be something in this.

We can blame McLeish, yes he’s a shite appointment and not capable but this is all really down to the SFA, who have destroyed Scottish Football for their own self interests.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Look at Hampden attendances and membership numbers. TA is being driven away, me included

I agree. So many great Saturdays in Pandoras, Iron Horse etc but now in a queue for the last overcrowded train back to Edinburgh on a rainy Tuesday is too much. Coupled with a poor manager and team and the feeling that Petrie and his cohorts are laughing at us was the last straw for me. 

If the grandparent rule applies to fans maybe some could elect to support a more successful team like even either Irish or the Welsh. Amazing to remember how good we felt about our football teams in the past. Some of these also coincided with crap Hearts teams and were good light relief.

gorgie rools
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Heard from a good source when he was appointed that he has early stages of dementia

Fozzyonthefence
43 minutes ago, GYL said:

In the same way Hearts fans will get pissed after we get our normal away pumpings in Europe.  Are they wankers too?  

14 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You just have to look at the decline from the standard of player we had, to what we have now. 

We we used to have a good few top level players. 60’s, 70’s, 80’s early to mid 90’s we had good players.

Then we got to the end of the Craig Brown era and there was nothing coming through. Berti had the shite task of filtering young guys into the National Team and trying to assemble something. He got us to the play offs the old fashioned way and gave us a decent platform,  when Smith and McLeish were in charge first time round.

Then, as that group of Caldwell, Fletcher, McFadden, Naisy, Brown, Gordon, Snodgrass etc... are either finished or coming to their end.. there’s absolutely nothing coming through again that equates to top level players.

It’s as if we’re actually producing poorer players decade upon decade. 

Guys like that big huddy upfront, McGinn, Palmer etc tonight, wouldn’t have got near a B team in the 80’s, 90’s. 

Alan Hutton was pish but I actually thought to myself at half time, he could probably still do a better job than Palmer or O’Donnell. 

That is is where we are at.

I honestly hope these performance academics actually produce something in the next 5-10 years because at the moment, we look like we will never Qualify for anything ever again. We seem to be getting even further away if anything.

Another thing that boils my piss is that it’s only us and Switzerland that have such small top divisions and I think there is definitely something in this.

Nearly every Country in Europe has a 16/18 team league. We need to do away with semi pro leagues within our structure and have two professional leagues. It’s ok for Switzerland because they are surrounded by top European countries who scout their best talents and develop them in Germany, Italy or France.

We need more young Scottish players playing at our most elite level, at a much younger age but the status quo at the moment doesn’t allow for this because the leagues too tight and there is too much at stake to play youngsters. That said, Hamilton did it and they produced two top flight Scottish players. So imo there has to be something in this.

We can blame McLeish, yes he’s a shite appointment and not capable but this is all really down to the SFA, who have destroyed Scottish Football for their own self interests.

A good start.

I really bemoan the lack of fight and character in players these days. 

Billy Bremner, let alone Dave MacKay and  all the others would be turning in their graves if that is a thing.

I like John McGinn and James Forrest etc. But they are different era and breed of player.

Proven today. 

Some extreme preciousness around tonight. The Tartan Army dress like Highland caricatures, accept anything and have unbelievably inflated opinions of themselves. They invite ridicule frankly. 

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A good start.

I really bemoan the lack of fight and character in players these days. 

Billy Bremner, let alone Dave MacKay and  all the others would be turning in their graves if that is a thing.

I like John McGinn and James Forrest etc. But they are different era and breed of player.

Proven today. 

Agree, they looked like they didn’t want to be there, didn’t look interested or proud to represent Scotland. 

Denis Law, given the chance at 70 odd would have given more tonight for the jersey. Those guys were honoured and proud to play for their Country. They were winners. No danger they’d have been bullied off the park by the likes of Kazakhstan. 

I like Forrest as well, on his day he’s unplayable but he’s one of those that only step up when everyone else is on their game. 

Absolutely no leaders or competitors in that side tonight. I don’t understand why he’s shunned all the older experienced players when we need them most either. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jeff said:

He looks ****ed. 

Like dimentia or Parkinsons. 

Maybe alcohol. 

Disappointed in that post, always thought your were one of the good poster on here? (Still do, but that one irked me,sry)

How anyone cant give the Scotland fans who travel to games a hard time is beyond me.

She? Goes with the masses, every time. Zero conflicting opinion, unless it’s against the young/singing team. File under ‘bedroom bully’ 

Shooter McGavin
41 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Some extreme preciousness around tonight. The Tartan Army dress like Highland caricatures, accept anything and have unbelievably inflated opinions of themselves. They invite ridicule frankly. 

Nail on the head.

I’ll also add to my previous post by saying they are gullible w****** as they get fleeced and are given absolutely nothing in return and yet still turn up like the faithful idiots they are. 

Also, wearing a kilt to a football match cringeworthy behaviour. 

Edited by Shooter McGavin

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

People who slag them off are a special kind of weird!

And another :spoton:

of all the things to have a dig at, after a shocker :facepalm:

8 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Nail on the head.

I’ll also add to my previous post by saying they are gullible w****** as they get fleeced and are given absolutely nothing in return and yet still turn up like the faithful idiots they are. 

Also, wearing a kilt to a football match cringeworthy behaviour. 

Never worn a kilt to a Scotland football match, but I have to a Scotland rugby match. Never for a second thought that was cringeworthy behaviour. After another terrible result, surely there is maybe more important things to get yourself worked up about, other than the fans and what they are wearing to the game, 

6 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

What do you want them to do, rampage down the streets and wreck the place? No, they'll leave that to England and Rangers.

What a complete and utter embarrassment. I went to every competitive home international for the best part of 20 years when i lived in Scotland and i can barely even watch the current disgrace that is our national team. 

They sacked Strachan just when he started to turn things around and have us looking like a team and replaced him with a hapless old jakey who is way past being useful.

The players are quite frankly pathetic. When guy's like John McGinn are your starting central midfielders, you can see how far we've fallen even from the days of Fletcher, Brown, Ferguson etc.

Not sure what we should do to improve things because the players we have available are so poor.

We're the worst we've ever been and there's no light at the end of the tunnel to be positive about.

19 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

What a complete and utter embarrassment. I went to every competitive home international for the best part of 20 years when i lived in Scotland and i can barely even watch the current disgrace that is our national team. 

They sacked Strachan just when he started to turn things around and have us looking like a team and replaced him with a hapless old jakey who is way past being useful.

The players are quite frankly pathetic. When guy's like John McGinn are your starting central midfielders, you can see how far we've fallen even from the days of Fletcher, Brown, Ferguson etc.

Not sure what we should do to improve things because the players we have available are so poor.

We're the worst we've ever been and there's no light at the end of the tunnel to be positive about.

Can't disagree apart from the Fletcher, Brown and Ferguson bit. We've good players, but utter mince above.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Can't disagree apart from the Fletcher, Brown and Ferguson bit. We've good players, but utter mince above.

You obviously don't go to or watch Scotland games if you don't think they were better than what we have now.