***Kazakhstan v Scotland Official Match Thread***

iantjambo

The SFA have yet again shown up  their inability to sort out Scottish International Football.

Yes it is difficult to play at a high level if you don't have the necessary quality of players but having said that how many teams over the years have we seen punching above their weight because they are well organised?

Each time the SFA try something to improve the standard they fail to see it through and they do the same with Coaches. However if truth be known there is no way they should ever have appointed McLeish.

The guy is even more of a dinosaur than Levein which takes some doing.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• letsalldothebeattie

• merrymac

• iantjambo

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Has to be answer. 

Scotland hating, SNP hating Union Jack waving Brits having a pop at the Scotland fans for being... Scottish and following the team. 

Cretins. 

Would never vote SNP, never owned a Union Jack, have been in crowds at Hampden that produced the roar and were an extra man. Have seen the two extremes of marauding fans and the current "disney theme" variety. Never had the faintest desire to wear a large feather in my hat. Would like to see a national team that are not an embarrassment as the quality of their play and their passion does matter. Have we now got to the Proper Scotland Man stage on here? 

Cretins???? Wow

Pasquale for King

Has to be answer. 

Scotland hating, SNP hating Union Jack waving Brits having a pop at the Scotland fans for being... Scottish and following the team. 

Cretins. 

I can not buy speak for myself but I’m the exact opposite of that.

Academics believe that the performance in the 1978 WC affected the confidence of the country in the 1979 Devolution referendum. We need to stop basing our pride as a nation on sportspeople, we have many other reasons to be proud of our nation and its achievements.

Dalstonjambo

I always find this place strange on these types of threads.

After potentially the worst result and most embarrassing performance in our history, people decide to have a pop at 700 people who spent hundreds (maybe thousands) to go and support their country because some of them wear funny hats and they don't like some of the songs sung? When in reality most are just football fans who like a bevvy with their mates. 

As someone who has been fortunate enough to follow both my club and country in Europe, I have always felt a great sense of pride in both. I always felt hearts mattered far more to me, but Scotland trips were a laugh and a bevvy with my friends/ family. However i have to say I personally have seen and encountered less idiots on Scotland trips. 

But is having a pop at loyal fans really the answer here? Absolutely not. 

The Tartan Army are absolutely no different as a group to Hearts fans who follow the club in Europe. Or any Scottish club for that matter.

maroonnicky63

Shocking comment from Daren Fletcher this morning saying that the players who cannot play on artificial pitches should have put their bodies on the line for their country, he was almost blaming them for the defeat

The players in question are advised not to play on artificial pitches for a reason, Callum Paterson for one has had a couple of horrendous knee injuries and this idiot thinks he should put his whole career on the line. If anyone watched the game it was clear that even if the said players had played it would have made no difference at all, we need to get rid of the manager and his backroom staff as we are a laughing stock at the moment with him in charge, the SFA need a clear out as well,

As for Craig  Gordon in the studio he was struggling to keep a straight face , what was all that about

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

:sweeet:

Edited by Governor Tarkin

2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Who are you talking about? David Bowman, Jimmy Wardhaugh, Calum Paterson of Hearts fame, Or Stuart McCall, Steven Fletcher, Bruce Rioch. All born in England and there are many more. Where you're born effects very little accept to make you a figure of hate for bigots. 

Only a matter of time before someone rolled out the deluded desperate "bigot" card.

Yawn.

51 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Levein for the Scotland job.

11/1

Paul Heckinbottom is 40-1

I personally would give Alex Neil a chance - fresh ideas and a decent track record. And no OF baggage.

In my opinion the problem is also the backroom staff - in recent times we have had Roy Aitken, Ally McCoist, Mark McGhee, Terry Butcher, Peter Grant, James McFadden...again almost all with OF roots and no real coaching credentials (although TB was the GREATEST manager the world has ever seen).

There MUST be some decent coaches out there - probably ones we havent heard of - who arent there to have a laugh or whatever but can actually drill the players into whatever the tactics the manager wishes.

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If your team's chips have been down for the past 20 years, there hasn't been any improvement, the people in charge of it don't want it to improve, you are being charged stupid amounts to watch the team & you've got Alex McCleish in charge then yes, probably time to pack it in.

We're hopeless and the SFA have no intention to make it any better so if you're throwing shed loads of coin to watch the national team, then you're a bit of a mug.

Did it ever occur to you that these people use the national team as an excuse to visit countries that they would never dream of going to?

I doubt Kazakhstan was very high on any of their must visit lists. This way they get to support their country and visit a new place.

You’ve obviously got your opinion (which of course you’re entitled to) and I doubt you’re going to deviate from it. I just find your hatred of the tartan army a little strange.

tokyowalnut
5 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Shocking comment from Daren Fletcher this morning saying that the players who cannot play on artificial pitches should have put their bodies on the line for their country, he was almost blaming them for the defeat

The players in question are advised not to play on artificial pitches for a reason, Callum Paterson for one has had a couple of horrendous knee injuries and this idiot thinks he should put his whole career on the line. If anyone watched the game it was clear that even if the said players had played it would have made no difference at all, we need to get rid of the manager and his backroom staff as we are a laughing stock at the moment with him in charge, the SFA need a clear out as well,

As for Craig  Gordon in the studio he was struggling to keep a straight face , what was all that about

I think what Fletcher said was bang on. These pitches aren't like the old school pitches at the Pitz. What probably isn't helping is having McLeish at the helm, players maybe dont want to push that extra yard for him.

He needs to walk after San Marino. The SFA needs flushed out, we are falling further and further behind in the football world. But, as long as the SFA and SPFL remain Glasgow centric organisations, with no apparent urgency to change, we will keep regressing.

Reagan and Doncaster brought us to our knees. I see no hope with Maxwell leading the SFA and Malkay McKay doing whatever it is he's doing.

19 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

One player went to the dentist instead of playing for Scotland.

Something clearly designed to help Liverpool. Who with other teams call the shots. 

jack D and coke

Has to be answer. 

Cretins. 

They’re easy to spot on any thread where anything Scottish gets raised eh. 

Laughable. 

15 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Only a matter of time before someone rolled out the deluded desperate "bigot" card.

Yawn.

When you're arguments in tatters try distracting everyone with a yawn

or are you saying this selection of English born Scottish internationals were/are mercenaries?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They’re easy to spot on any thread where anything Scottish gets raised eh. 

Laughable. 

It is. 

Just say nothing. 

I love the English, the Germans, French, Irish etc all good on the whole. 

Scottish hating Scottish folk, biggest weirdos out there. 

Robbo-Jambo
16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something clearly designed to help Liverpool. Who with other teams call the shots. 

Possibly but Robertson doesn't look that type unless orders from Klopp. Was an abcess that required surgery and he is joining up with squad now. Its a strange one though right enough. 

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Did it ever occur to you that these people use the national team as an excuse to visit countries that they would never dream of going to?

I doubt Kazakhstan was very high on any of their must visit lists. This way they get to support their country and visit a new place.

You’ve obviously got your opinion (which of course you’re entitled to) and I doubt you’re going to deviate from it. I just find your hatred of the tartan army a little strange.

I what I planned to do, then I had kids. 

?

maroonnicky63
30 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

I think what Fletcher said was bang on. These pitches aren't like the old school pitches at the Pitz. What probably isn't helping is having McLeish at the helm, players maybe dont want to push that extra yard for him.

He needs to walk after San Marino. The SFA needs flushed out, we are falling further and further behind in the football world. But, as long as the SFA and SPFL remain Glasgow centric organisations, with no apparent urgency to change, we will keep regressing.

Reagan and Doncaster brought us to our knees. I see no hope with Maxwell leading the SFA and Malkay McKay doing whatever it is he's doing.

No it was not bang on at all IMO regarding Fletcher the rest of it is bang on. No player should risk his career on a game and Fletcher should know that , would he do it ? no chance

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, deejtee said:

Would never vote SNP, never owned a Union Jack, have been in crowds at Hampden that produced the roar and were an extra man. Have seen the two extremes of marauding fans and the current "disney theme" variety. Never had the faintest desire to wear a large feather in my hat. Would like to see a national team that are not an embarrassment as the quality of their play and their passion does matter. Have we now got to the Proper Scotland Man stage on here? 

Cretins???? Wow

Unsure, but if you slag of folk for following their country ( and mine), slag the national dress and generally take pot shots at folk for following the national team, expect an arsey reply. 

Discuss the national team, for sure. 

We are shite and in decline. 

If folk get personal, then expect it back. 

And yes, folk that slag fans for following a team through thick and thin are Cretins, imo. 

The original comments were only said to wind folk up as well, so yes- Cretins is very apt. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

maroonnicky63
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dentist could have been changed depending what type of dental procedure he was having I suppose but to ask players to risk their careers is another matter.

I do agree the clubs have a huge say in it.

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Dentist could have been changed depending what type of dental procedure he was having I suppose but to ask players to risk their careers is another matter.

Abcess surgery on Monday I think but he did play for Liverpool on the Sunday ?

54 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

It is incredible all these ex international players who won't criticise the SFA or McLeish

6 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Not taking away from seriousness.

Be a shame. Robertson's career clearly at risk from abcess. Not heard of that before but got to trust it.

And surely not because we thought Kazakhstan was an easy win. 

Surely CL deserves another crack at the Scotland job. The SFA can pay us compensation and we offload CL. Everybody wins.

chuck berrys hairline
3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Also delevired a £10k cheque to a local kids charity. 

Imagine... 

Dressing up in your national clothes. 

Supporting your nation team, no matter what. 

Having a good time no matter what and not behaving like a certain neighbouring country or a set of Of fans. 

Raising £10k for a local kids charity. 

The cheek. The horror. 

Ffs, the national team are piss but the fans are doing nothing wrong. 

Think some folk just hate everything Scottish tbh. 

It's not charity if it's public domain it's a back slapping contest. Who cares really 

Maroon Sailor

The late great radio commentator David Francey would have had a record Dear oh Dear oh Dears in his commentary for that shambles

Other noticeables from various past commentaries would have been It's a disaster for Scotland and The roof has fallen in on Scotland

When will we ever hear Scotland have qualified for the Euros or WC finals again ?

Edited by Maroon Sailor

tokyowalnut
48 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

No it was not bang on at all IMO regarding Fletcher the rest of it is bang on. No player should risk his career on a game and Fletcher should know that , would he do it ? no chance

What do these players do on the days their team mates are training indoors?

I'm not buying it's risking their career. They can break a leg on grass, twist a knee on a wet soggy surface.

highlandjambo3

McCleish and Strachan.....I get an image of 2 old goats on the touch line with pie supper in left hand, iron bru in the jacket pocket and, barking orders in a rambling non coherent manner to anyone on the pitch who will listen (and who can understand them).  Coaching qualification how long ago was that?, experience on the job... eh!!! Where and when?.  I have an image of two old and wise car drivers who have been driving for 50+ years....you know the ones, they have Nissan Micras and are usually heading towards you on the wrong side of the dual carriageway......Chewing the fat, that’s where those two twats belong.

Rant over 

1 hour ago, maroonnicky63 said:

They really should not have to make the choice.

SwindonJambo
4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Has to be answer. 

Cretins. 

So if a Scot just happens to support the Union (which they may or may not choose to publically express), it automatically follows that they must hate Scotland and cheer on all of their opponents in sport ?  You don't think you might be stereotyping a wee bit by picking out the extreme end of the spectrum?

Edited by SwindonJambo

Some patently ridiculous hate crime to criticise the Tartan Army chat now. Criticising Scotland fans is exactly the same as criticising any other set of fans, it's fair game get over it.

SwindonJambo
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Some patently ridiculous hate crime to criticise the Tartan Army chat now. Criticising Scotland fans is exactly the same as criticising any other set of fans, it's fair game get over it.

Agree.  I've been on a few away trips with them.  They're usually fun, win, lose or draw and a good way of travelling to far flung places.  I think some of them delude themselves a wee bit about how everyone loves them . Loud late night singing, peeing in streets and throwing up, while not violent, can't exactly be welcome. Kilted fans doing cartwheels and moonies does them no favours either.

But to remain loyal despite the team being beyond putrid is commendable.

Governor Tarkin

It is. 

Just say nothing. 

I love the English, the Germans, French, Irish etc all good on the whole. 

Hearts fans wanting Hibs to win the cup, biggest weirdos out there. 

You're welcome. :thumbsup:

The most annoying thing is this was supposed to be an easy route into the Euros - something we haven't managed to do since I was in Primary 1!  

We get drawn in a group containing San Marino, Cyprus, and Kazakhstan, and within 10 minutes of the opening game we've ****ed it up.

Belgium and Russia will be strong contenders to take the top 2 spots.  Scotland really needed good results against the smaller teams, and to squeak past one of Russia or Belgium.  Since Kazakhstan likely to also beat Cyprus and San Marino home and away, even 3rd place is now a reach.  We'll need to better the Kazakh's results against the other teams, and hope for the best.

12 minutes ago, tian447 said:

The most annoying thing is this was supposed to be an easy route into the Euros - something we haven't managed to do since I was in Primary 1!  

We get drawn in a group containing San Marino, Cyprus, and Kazakhstan, and within 10 minutes of the opening game we've ****ed it up.

Belgium and Russia will be strong contenders to take the top 2 spots.  Scotland really needed good results against the smaller teams, and to squeak past one of Russia or Belgium.  Since Kazakhstan likely to also beat Cyprus and San Marino home and away, even 3rd place is now a reach.  We'll need to better the Kazakh's results against the other teams, and hope for the best.

Cyprus beat Kazakhstan when they last played two years ago and are a higher ranked team so I'd be surprised if if they lost twice (but then I was surprised when we lost 3-0 yesterday so who knows?) 

3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Moving to Murrayfield would have not only  been practical in terms of finance and getting more folk involved with football it would have been a huge signal that the SFA were ready for change and take football to the country and release the Glasgow and OF grip on the game. It would have been a huge gesture. 

They decided against it. 

There is no desire to change, I believe that the SFA have one priority, and that is to get rangers/ celtic back on parity so things can be shared between the two. 

Even thier stance on bigitory and sectereriasm shows you everything, challenge Aberdeen, Hearts, hibs but ignore the OF. 

The pandering is ridiculous. 

Until the old boys are cleared out, nothing will change. 

Malky mackay has a high profile job Ffs. 

The TV deal

The league set up 

The split (un even fixtures) 

No realisation about the European situation - start early. 

The call offs 

The way they treat fans. ICT 1215 at Hampden. 

Trying to keep rangers in the top flight after liquidation was a highlight. 

The refs. 

The voting split 

The shitty clubs that pander to the OF. 

This list isn't exhaustive 

It's a complete shit show. 

The club and national decline is a result of decades of poor, short term decisions based around Glasgow and the OF. 

Utter, utter dug shite. 

The more I think about it, the more I want to give up and watch sky sports. 

Hard to disagree

maroonnicky63
2 hours ago, kila said:

It is incredible all these ex international players who won't criticise the SFA or McLeish

McLeish was never the right choice , madness as usual from the SFA

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

It's not charity if it's public domain it's a back slapping contest. Who cares really 

So our save the children sponsor is basically a back slapping contest? 

Inch Hearts
36 minutes ago, tian447 said:

We are still only 2 games away from Qualifying though regardless of the situation.  Even then we made our life hard after having such a favorable draw and I wouldn't trust McLeish over they games that's for sure. 

Unsure, but if you slag of folk for following their country ( and mine), slag the national dress and generally take pot shots at folk for following the national team, expect an arsey reply. 

Discuss the national team, for sure. 

We are shite and in decline. 

If folk get personal, then expect it back. 

And yes, folk that slag fans for following a team through thick and thin are Cretins, imo. 

The original comments were only said to wind folk up as well, so yes- Cretins is very apt. 

My thyroxine levels have always been fine as have my academic achievements so I am not sure how you think you are apt!

I am not sure what you think constitutes our national dress if you think it includes all the get up that some TA wear.

The point I made regarding fans was that somewhere between the two extremes there may be fans that are able to generate more passion, although perhaps some players get inspired by the current song repertoire.

Anyway bully for you for supporting through thick and thin as you extol Hearts fans to do  As a PHM and now PSM you are an example to us all. Put an extra feather in your hat.

PS You can wind folk up, if that's your thing, without insulting or inaccurate medical terms. (So lose a feather)

6 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

We will beat San marino something like 4-0, struggle to a narrow win over Cyprus and then put in a good effort but lose in Belgium. We will go unbeaten against Russia, probably win at home and draw away and everyone will be like 'McLeish is onto something here'. credible narrow defeat at home to Belgium in the middle of it all and then we'll lose away to Cyprus and draw with Kazakhstan. Repeat for the next campaign. 

Sold!

1 hour ago, Jodami said:

No it isn't, unless the TA is  a rival teams fans. Are you English or NIrish or an other? Wire in, if not, give yersel peace.

Really pathetic efforts to turn this into some sort of quasi political debate. Actually almost as bad as a flag debate. 

colinmaroon
17 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I haven’t heard that term? Is it used for ex players that head the ball too much?

MOFOD?

Mad Old Firm Obsession Disease.

Bates?  

Captain?

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Had a peek at your profile. I thought you were older than the DOB declared. Tbh you never missed much before then. Pretty much the same eyebleeding stuff then too.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

MOFOD?

Mad Old Firm Obsession Disease.

Bates?  

Captain?

Ok then. Bates doesn’t play for the OF, the Captain is Andy Robertson. Both were at both halves of the OF as youngsters. 

Who would you have made Captain if not Macgregor? Bates is playing at a decent level, Souttar is not.