***Kazakhstan v Scotland Official Match Thread***

iantjambo

26 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

You obviously don't go to or watch Scotland games if you don't think they were better than what we have now. 

I've been to the last 3 out 4 games(Missed the game against that other very well known European team, Israel).  We've  players who need to play in their own position or mirrored position.  They players are not any worse or better than the 3 bang average players you quoted.  Robertson, McTominay, Fraser, Philips, Souttar and Armstrong aren't too bad.

Naismith improved the team when I watched the games earlier in the season. So I'd say we've the players, it's just big Alex needs to retire, he's finished.

The SFA should have continued with wee Strachan, we were coming along fine under him.

Edited by ri Alban

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• letsalldothebeattie

• merrymac

• iantjambo

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I've been to the last 3 out 4 games(Missed the game against that other very well known European team, Israel).  We've  players who need to play in their own position or mirrored position.  They players are not any worse or better than the 3 bang average players you quoted.  Robertson, McTominay, Fraser, Philips, Souttar and Armstrong aren't too bad.

Naismith improved the team when I watched the games earlier in the season. So I'd say we've the players, it's just big Alex needs to retire, he's finished.

Respect for sticking with the team. It can be painful following Scotland but the moments of joy make it worthwhile.

Still though, to suggest that 10yr veteran Rangers, Celtic and Man United players and Captains with as many medals in their pockets as practically any Scottish players in history, are not better than Armstrong, McGinn and McGregor - is clearly mental. :laugh2:

I'm not even a big fan of any of those 3 (especially Ferguson) former players but i wish we had the 25yr old versions of them around today. We wouldn't be losing 3-0 to Kazakhstan anyway.

7 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Respect for sticking with the team. It can be painful following Scotland but the moments of joy make it worthwhile.

Still though, to suggest that 10yr veteran Rangers, Celtic and Man United players and Captains with as many medals in their pockets as practically any Scottish players in history, are not better than Armstrong, McGinn and McGregor - is clearly mental. :laugh2:

I'm not even a big fan of any of those 3 (especially Ferguson) former players but i wish we had the 25yr old versions of them around today. We wouldn't be losing 3-0 to Kazakhstan anyway.

I didn't mention McGinn. :D

Robertson will have a Champions league and Premier league to his name very soon. ? Going by most people that should cover Ferguson's and Brown's entire collection. ?

I'm trying to forget my rage of yesterday, Cosa, JKB is good for the soul at times.

Edited by ri Alban

highlandjambo3

If I lived 2 minutes away from the ground with Free entry and, a free halftime pie I still wouldn’t go and watch that mince, tbh.... the pie might swing it though so long as I could get in after the halftime whistle, munch the pie and get back out before the second half started.

I said last night Scotland nil. It must be really satisfying knowing you have been drawn against them in international tournaments.

Scotland are the hibs of World football. Fact.

The sad fact with this is that we are now seeing the result of decades of mismanagement by those in charge at the SFA.  Until there is a complete clear out there and a fundamental restructuring of the management of the game here absolutely nothing will ever change. We are living in the dark ages with archaic attitudes and incompetence routinely accepted as the norm. 

Pathetic really as none of it will change.

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The sad fact with this is that we are now seeing the result of decades of mismanagement by those in charge at the SFA.  Until there is a complete clear out there and a fundamental restructuring of the management of the game here absolutely nothing will ever change. We are living in the dark ages with archaic attitudes and incompetence routinely accepted as the norm. 

Nailed it. 

7 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Nail on the head.

I’ll also add to my previous post by saying they are gullible w****** as they get fleeced and are given absolutely nothing in return and yet still turn up like the faithful idiots they are. 

Also, wearing a kilt to a football match cringeworthy behaviour. 

Were Hearts fans in the 70’s “gullible w*****s”?

These people follow the team through thick and thin. They’re proper football fans and all you can do is take a pop at them.

highlandjambo3

Quote.... “it isn’t over till it’s over”...... what a nation building speech, we’ll definitely have it sorted for the next game......sounds like second prize in a boxing match (which it is).  Anyone else hope we get absolutely hammered in a vain attempt that it might change (or is it just me) 

8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Quote.... “it isn’t over till it’s over”...... what a nation building speech, we’ll definitely have it sorted for the next game......sounds like second prize in a boxing match (which it is).  Anyone else hope we get absolutely hammered in a vain attempt that it might change (or is it just me) 

We will stumble along, get the odd good result while in the main being well less than average. Every one  of us being completely short changed  by the clowns in charge at  Hampden. 

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I get all the digs at the team, manager, opposition and result. 

But the digs at the hard working guys who fork out shed loads of money to travel, follow and support the team is a bit off....yes they must have blind faith etc, but they go, they follow through think and thin...ripping the urine out of the tartan army is not right imo....I genuinely feel sorry for these guys.

The tartan army get a doing, mostly from the usual suspects. Its became a bit of a political football tbh but the ones I’ve met on my travels with the national team have been pretty sound lads and a lot do it for trips with their pals. You meet the occasional welt but Hearts fans are welts also so let’s not kid ourselves.

Get to travel Europe and beyond even and get a good bevvy and a laugh I don’t see the problem. Obviously you want to see a good team but our fans or Hibs fans or whoever I see laughing i find it a bit odd. We don’t have to travel far to watch absolute guff and total huddy players and we pay a lot more for it on a regular basis too. 

Losing to Kazakhstan? We lost to a Maltese boozer not so long ago. At home!

Edited by jack D and coke

sunblestjambo

Now have the mouth watering prospect of a years worth of meaningless qualifying games before we get a ‘second bite of the cherry’ in the nations league play off where we can get rag-dolled by Norway, Serbia or Finland.  And then to remind us just how shite we are we’ll host Euro 2020 games at Hampden involving teams like Kosovo or Macedonia.

The Internet

We will beat San marino something like 4-0, struggle to a narrow win over Cyprus and then put in a good effort but lose in Belgium. We will go unbeaten against Russia, probably win at home and draw away and everyone will be like 'McLeish is onto something here'. credible narrow defeat at home to Belgium in the middle of it all and then we'll lose away to Cyprus and draw with Kazakhstan. Repeat for the next campaign. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

We will beat San marino something like 4-0, struggle to a narrow win over Cyprus and then put in a good effort but lose in Belgium. We will go unbeaten against Russia, probably win at home and draw away and everyone will be like 'McLeish is onto something here'. credible narrow defeat at home to Belgium in the middle of it all and then we'll lose away to Cyprus and draw with Kazakhstan. Repeat for the next campaign. 

Sounds about right :lol: 

10 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Disappointed in that post, always thought your were one of the good poster on here? (Still do, but that one irked me,sry)

How anyone cant give the Scotland fans who travel to games a hard time is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong, I support Scotland. 

I'm not Tartan Army however. They take cringe to the next level. Their belief that everyone loves them is bizzare, they can be vulgar, obtrusive and down-right harassing to members of the public all over Europe when they travel in numbers. It's not funny, or banter. It's middle-aged bankers and office workers let off the leash by their partners for a couple of times a year making complete tits of themselves.

They celebrate defeat, applaud mediocrity and doe a deer is guff. They continue to be absolutely rinsed of money by the corrupt SFA. Take a stand you chicken hearts and stop giving them money! It's the only way to get change!

Best fans in the world my arse, The Dutch, Brazilians, Argentines, Swedish, Irish, Welsh... All far superior. 

46 minutes ago, Deevers said:

It's ridiculous really it's been mentioned since Craig Brown era that things needed to change.Well they certainly have but it for the worse instead of any improvement at all.

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

What a complete and utter embarrassment. I went to every competitive home international for the best part of 20 years when i lived in Scotland and i can barely even watch the current disgrace that is our national team. 

They sacked Strachan just when he started to turn things around and have us looking like a team and replaced him with a hapless old jakey who is way past being useful.

The players are quite frankly pathetic. When guy's like John McGinn are your starting central midfielders, you can see how far we've fallen even from the days of Fletcher, Brown, Ferguson etc.

Not sure what we should do to improve things because the players we have available are so poor.

We're the worst we've ever been and there's no light at the end of the tunnel to be positive about.

Whilst I retain a certain sympathy for hapless old jakeys, you're bang on the cash.

5 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Ffs... Daily record saying Gordon Strachan is favourite to take over from McLeish... Surely its Walter smith's turn first. 

Jesus weeps.

S-F-A wa....

1 minute ago, LeftBack said:

Ffs... Daily record saying Gordon Strachan is favourite to take over from McLeish... Surely its Walter smith's turn first. 

And so the pathetic Old Firm old boys merry go round seems set to continue. The incompetence and utter shambolic management of the game here fully supported by fawning press pack. A  microcosm for all that is wrong here. 

Had a browse through this thread last night, did I actually read comments slagging off the Tartan Army?  If so that's a new low for KB.  Although if it's the wee Union Jack waving neds then that explains it.  

39 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Might stick a fiver on the above happening .. 

I listened to McLeish after the game, that is a man who has no clue what he's doing and just trying to stay in a job for as long as he can before the inevitable pay off.

How he can go to the opening away fixture of a euro campaign and put out that team is beyond me. Doesn't matter how many games that team have lost you go there set up to be tight for the first 20 minutes let the players settle and suss out the opposition. Get a foot hold in the game and make changes second half to win you the game. We had no decent full backs so play 3 at the back with forrest and McGinn as the wide midfielders, get McTominay or even Shinnie into the defensive midfield spot and then you have the choice of McGregor/Armstrong/Burke/McBurrnie et al as your attackers. We basically set up like a training game with attack v Defense and got horsed! 

This is one of the best young squads we've had, the competent dicks at the SFA have to go out and get a manager who has experience of international football with a track record of of working with young players. Actually spend some money on a real coach not these tired old dinosaurs who just want a pension top up. I just wish the tartan army and those who go to the home games would just stop for one game leave hampden empty until the SFA take action. Our results under McLeish are shocking and beating Albania and Israel to seek through that nations league thing doesn't detract from his shambolic record.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I listened to McLeish after the game, that is a man who has no clue what he's doing and just trying to stay in a job for as long as he can before the inevitable pay off.

How he can go to the opening away fixture of a euro campaign and put out that team is beyond me. Doesn't matter how many games that team have lost you go there set up to be tight for the first 20 minutes let the players settle and suss out the opposition. Get a foot hold in the game and make changes second half to win you the game. We had no decent full backs so play 3 at the back with forrest and McGinn as the wide midfielders, get McTominay or even Shinnie into the defensive midfield spot and then you have the choice of McGregor/Armstrong/Burke/McBurrnie et al as your attackers. We basically set up like a training game with attack v Defense and got horsed! 

This is one of the best young squads we've had, the competent dicks at the SFA have to go out and get a manager who has experience of international football with a track record of of working with young players. Actually spend some money on a real coach not these tired old dinosaurs who just want a pension top up. I just wish the tartan army and those who go to the home games would just stop for one game leave hampden empty until the SFA take action. Our results under McLeish are shocking and beating Albania and Israel to seek through that nations league thing doesn't detract from his shambolic record.

The simple inescapable fact is that no matter what the “Establishment” at Hampden will always continue to ensure that everything they touch will have an Old firm tinge to it.  It’s all that matters to them.  Until that mindset is cleared out absolutely  nothing will change.

Tommy Walker
8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

After another terrible result, surely there is maybe more important things to get yourself worked up about, other than the fans and what they are wearing to the game, 

And I think the ineffectiveness of McCleish is also a side issue.

Why have clubs / fans been unable to change the establishment/system that results in such a mess at international and domestic levels ?

TW

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Were Hearts fans in the 70’s “gullible w*****s”?

These people follow the team through thick and thin. They’re proper football fans and all you can do is take a pop at them.

Also delevired a £10k cheque to a local kids charity. 

Imagine... 

Dressing up in your national clothes. 

Supporting your nation team, no matter what. 

Having a good time no matter what and not behaving like a certain neighbouring country or a set of Of fans. 

Raising £10k for a local kids charity. 

The cheek. The horror. 

Ffs, the national team are piss but the fans are doing nothing wrong. 

Think some folk just hate everything Scottish tbh. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Had a browse through this thread last night, did I actually read comments slagging off the Tartan Army?  If so that's a new low for KB.  Although if it's the wee Union Jack waving neds then that explains it.  

Has to be answer. 

Scotland hating, SNP hating Union Jack waving Brits having a pop at the Scotland fans for being... Scottish and following the team. 

Cretins. 

15 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Do you think they give a shit for the national team? Or do you think they just see it as an easier means to bank international caps?

Who are you talking about? David Bowman, Jimmy Wardhaugh, Calum Paterson of Hearts fame, Or Stuart McCall, Steven Fletcher, Bruce Rioch. All born in England and there are many more. Where you're born effects very little accept to make you a figure of hate for bigots. 

8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Also delevired a £10k cheque to a local kids charity. 

Imagine... 

Dressing up in your national clothes. 

Supporting your nation team, no matter what. 

Having a good time no matter what and not behaving like a certain neighbouring country or a set of Of fans. 

Raising £10k for a local kids charity. 

The cheek. The horror. 

Ffs, the national team are piss but the fans are doing nothing wrong. 

Think some folk just hate everything Scottish tbh. 

Yeah but they wear silly hats so that negates all the other stuff and makes them w*****s!

Some people are just oddballs who resent seeing others have a good time.

It’s actually tragic...I generally don’t even care about the national team which is really sad.

it just seems the powers that be have one train of thought and nothing else. Smaller countries are far out stripping us and we do actually have players that play at a high level.

what makes it worse is I also follow Hearts so it is quite depressing just now

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yeah but they wear silly hats so that negates all the other stuff and makes them w*****s!

Some people are just oddballs who resent seeing others have a good time.

If they had a good time travelling 4,000 miles to watch Scotland get pumped 3-0 off Kazakstan then that confirms my point.

Losers, just like the team.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

14 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Has to be answer. 

Scotland hating, SNP hating Union Jack waving Brits having a pop at the Scotland fans for being... Scottish and following the team. 

Cretins. 

Fair play to the folks that follow the National Team.  They are patriotic and are there win, lose or draw.  Even they however see the need for fundemental change in way things are run here. Personally speaking I won’t put a penny that way till things change. 

upgotheheads
39 minutes ago, Deevers said:

)The simple inescapable fact is that no matter what the “Establishment” at Hampden will always continue to ensure that everything they touch will have an Old firm tinge to it.  It’s all that matters to them.  Until that mindset is cleared out absolutely  nothing will change.

It's a jobs for the boys rotation and  has been for a while. Expect 'Walter' (again), 'Ally', 'Barry', 'Gordy'(again) to be the next names pulled out of the hat. Craig Levein and Bertie Vogts somehow slipped through the net, but were ditched as soon as it was decently possible.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Fair play to the folks that follow the National Team.  They are patriotic and are there win, lose or draw.  Even they however see the need for fundemental change in way things are run here. Personally speaking I won’t put a penny that way till things change. 

Me too. 

Gave up my St for the rugby. 

The SFA are corrupt and the way it's run is a busted flush. 

I won't sit and slag my fellow fans tho, way below the belt. 

If Hearts had went the same way as rangers I wouldn't be following football anymore such us my feelings to Scottish football in general. 

The game is corrupt and set up to cater for two teams. 

The worst part is that the rest of the teams allow it and some even actively encourage it. 

Ridiculous. 

The two teams in question also care more about n Ireland, Ireland and England. You couldn’t make it up. 

upgotheheads
8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

They might not be seeing much winning football but they don't half get about. My local clan had an unbelievable itinerary which seemed to include Planes and trains round half of eastern Europe and Asia's cities, including a stop-over in Moscow. Lasting about 6 days, both games and accommodation  and all for around £800.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If they had a good time travelling 4,000 miles to watch Scotland get pumped 3-0 off Kazakstan then that confirms my point.

You can have a good time no matter the result. 

If I was travelling 4000 miles I'd make sure I had a good time, not matter what. 

A couple of thousand pound and 3/4 days travelling. 

Why not?

Some fans follow their team no matter what. 

Supporters, not customers like some on here bang on about. 

And they are not the reason why Scottish football at club and international level is piss poor. 

Very strange thing to slag off, unless you have a hidden agenda. 

Nothing will change with the current SFA at the helm.

The Euro 2016 campaign was a shambles starting when the SFA bumped prices up 50% because we had Germany in our group and a friendly v England but then struggled to sell tickets for the Gibraltar and Georgia games.  In addition, if you wanted a season ticket for all the games you saved £2 or £3 per ticket but paid £50 for the privilege so you were worse off.

After the campaign, Strachan should have been sacked but the SFA bottled it and the poor end to the campaign continued into the previous campaign, where Strachan only started to improve things once our chances of qualifying were almost over.

There were over 30,000 members of the travel club for the 2018 World Cup Campaign, I never renewed and I e-mailed the SFA/SSC to ask how many had renewed and they e-mailed back to say under 20,000.  Over a third of the fans didn't renew for the current campaign, yet the SFA just stick their head in the sand.  Imagine if Hearts lost a third of our current season ticket holders from say 13,500 to under 9,000 from one season to the next.  You would know something was wrong and would demand change.

The whole Murrayfield / Hampden debacle where everyone knew they were staying at Hampden just proved that the SFA don't want what's best for Scottish Football and weren't prepared to listen to what the fans want.

Attendances will continue to fall, we'll keep getting poor results and the SFA will keep their head in the sand!

32 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

So football fans should ditch their teams when the chips are down?

Distance is completely irrelevant.

And I highly doubt they knew we would get gubbed when they booked their tickets.

Edited by iantjambo

The saddest thing about this whole debacle in my eyes is there is a huge swathe

of both local  and national desire to improve things and create something exciting,fresh and far removed from the established.This is the lead role Hearts could presently be occupying, blazing a trail for others to follow and shining a light into the dark  corners and recesses deep within the game, for this to occur it would need energy, vision, ability and desire  generated  from a deeply held conviction  of  wanting to do it for the "overall good" of the game and not for self interest or self preservation.

Shooter McGavin
10 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You can have a good time no matter the result. 

If I was travelling 4000 miles I'd make sure I had a good time, not matter what. 

A couple of thousand pound and 3/4 days travelling. 

Why not?

Some fans follow their team no matter what. 

Supporters, not customers like some on here bang on about. 

And they are not the reason why Scottish football at club and international level is piss poor. 

Very strange thing to slag off, unless you have a hidden agenda. 

I personally think the tartan army are treated as customers and not supporters. As I've already said they get robbed by the SFA who continue to serve up utter s****.

Just seen that McCleish has come out and said he won't quit and in all likeliness, won't get sacked. So there is clearly no appetite to improve the situation.

Seriously, why people pay stupid money at the national team I'll never know.

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

So football fans should ditch their teams when the chips are down?

Distance is completely irrelevant.

If your team's chips have been down for the past 20 years, there hasn't been any improvement, the people in charge of it don't want it to improve, you are being charged stupid amounts to watch the team & you've got Alex McCleish in charge then yes, probably time to pack it in.

We're hopeless and the SFA have no intention to make it any better so if you're throwing shed loads of coin to watch the national team, then you're a bit of a mug.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I personally think the tartan army are treated as customers and not supporters. As I've already said they get robbed by the SFA who continue to serve up utter s****.

Just seen that McCleish has come out and said he won't quit and in all likeliness, won't get sacked. So there is clearly no appetite to improve the situation.

Seriously, why people pay stupid money at the national team I'll never know.

If you have to ask you probably will never know. 

Some of these fans follow lower league teams, they aren't following Scotland to witness great football.

I agree reference the SFA, I gave up my St, but I won't slag of folk who decide to go. 

That's just weird. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What do you want them to do, rampage down the streets and wreck the place? No, they'll leave that to England and Rangers.

In a nutshell boycott the games until we get change. The alternative is that mediocrity is the accepted norm and things will never improve

Bazzas right boot

Moving to Murrayfield would have not only  been practical in terms of finance and getting more folk involved with football it would have been a huge signal that the SFA were ready for change and take football to the country and release the Glasgow and OF grip on the game. It would have been a huge gesture. 

They decided against it. 

There is no desire to change, I believe that the SFA have one priority, and that is to get rangers/ celtic back on parity so things can be shared between the two. 

Even thier stance on bigitory and sectereriasm shows you everything, challenge Aberdeen, Hearts, hibs but ignore the OF. 

The pandering is ridiculous. 

Until the old boys are cleared out, nothing will change. 

Malky mackay has a high profile job Ffs. 

The TV deal

The league set up 

The split (un even fixtures) 

No realisation about the European situation - start early. 

The call offs 

The way they treat fans. ICT 1215 at Hampden. 

Trying to keep rangers in the top flight after liquidation was a highlight. 

The refs. 

The voting split 

The shitty clubs that pander to the OF. 

This list isn't exhaustive 

It's a complete shit show. 

The club and national decline is a result of decades of poor, short term decisions based around Glasgow and the OF. 

Utter, utter dug shite. 

The more I think about it, the more I want to give up and watch sky sports. 

SFA need to go get Steve Clark in now.....the Nations league success against the mighty Albania and Israel just papered over the cracks. Worst defeat in our history McLeish has to go.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, GYL said:

SFA need to go get Steve Clark in now.....the Nations league success against the mighty Albania and Israel just papered over the cracks. Worst defeat in our history McLeish has to go.

The manager is just the tip of a shitey, pish stained iceberg. 

Much change is needed. 

The manager should be the last piece of the jigsaw. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The manager is just the tip of a shitey, pish stained iceberg. 

Much change is needed. 

The manager should be the last piece of the jigsaw. 

I agree but can't see that changing anytime soon.....for the sake of the near future and this campaign McLeish needs to go..now

Edited by GYL

We must be running out of ex Celtic and ex Rangers players/managers for the national job.

My money is on Aunt Sally to come in next and do a Mike Basset