***Kazakhstan v Scotland Official Match Thread***

iantjambo

**** getting a Scotsman, we should stretch the boat and get a young hungry manager who is not inherently 'one ' or the 'other', this is to say the left cheek or right cheek.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• letsalldothebeattie

• merrymac

• iantjambo

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

**** getting a Scotsman, we should stretch the boat and get a young hungry manager who is not inherently 'one ' or the 'other', this is to say the left cheek or right cheek.

Maybe David Wagner would be interested.

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe David Wagner would be interested.

that's a good shout, David McWagner..

will never happen though, we'll limp along until the end of the campaign no doubt.

The Internet
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Maybe a female? 

Tennant's  6's
10 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Tom English on radio Scotland telling it like it is. "He should be sacked"

Yep, bang on the money.

And it's not just 'one game' willie miller..

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

What an absolute cock Willie Miller is. 

Saying this result is a molehill not a mountain. Only the worst defeat in Scotland's history ya ****in welt!

(Miller, not you Des).

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

We should get special fan points to our league total every campaign because back in 1990 we got voted best fans by the Swedes and got a cheeky wee kiss on a hot blonde police woman's cheek.

If you got points for celebrating being failures, we would be record breakers.   

We are the Hibs of International Football.  

Edited by Paolo

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Kazakhstan did really good homework to stop our best players according to strapon.

Our best 15 players were not playing. 

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Saying this result is a molehill not a mountain. Only the worst defeat in Scotland's history ya ****in welt!

(Miller, not you Des).

Haha! 

The worst thing is i’m not even that bothered or surprised we lost. 

Салатные палочки

Walking to the train station after work and four guys in kilts with holdalls were walking out the pub towards the taxi rank, probably to the airport and on to San Marino. 

It was a really depressing sight actually. 

7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Maybe a female? 

I'd even go down the non binary tranny route if it meant getting shot of Mcleish.

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Haha! 

The sad thing is it almost feels normal now. I can remember when I would be hurting after a Scotland defeat nearly as much as when the Jambos lost. Not now, it's really no big deal.  A Hearts loss still hurts like feck though.

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Haha! 

Just flew back to Scotia from a week away and we were in the air while the match was played. As the aeroplane taxied to a standstill, someone loudly shouted the result to a friend further back in the plane and everyone just started laughing. It was a comical moment. That is what we are now. :)

Howdy Doody Jambo
2 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Walking to the train station after work and four guys in kilts with holdalls were walking out the pub towards the taxi rank, probably to the airport and on to San Marino. 

It was a really depressing sight actually. 

Let's hope they were going to a wedding 

Genuinely staggered people still pay money to travel and watch Scotland, or infact, pay anything to watch Scotland period. 

SFA pish.

Салатные палочки
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Just flew back to Scotia from a week away and we were in the air while the match was played. As the aeroplane taxied to a standstill, someone loudly shouted the result to a friend further back in the plane and everyone just started laughing. It was a comical moment. That is what we are now. :)

:laugh: we were the same in the work, walking past offices, shouting in the score and people just shaking their heads and laughing. Absolutely no surprise. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

The sad thing is it almost feels normal now. I can remember when I would be hurting after a Scotland defeat nearly as much as when the Jambos lost. Not now, it's really no big deal.  A Hearts loss still hurts like feck though.

I just want to add that I would love to get that passion for the Scotland team back, but successive failures, crap managerial appointments and the SFA doin feck all about it, but serving their own interests has knocked that out of me. The last time I felt elated as a Scotland fan, was when the Thumb scored those two crackers against England, didn't last long but wow what a buzz. Need that back again.

Psychedelicropcircle

Excellent keeps the pressure on the self serving SFA  How many failures does it take for change?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

Bottle tops? 

One of the most over-hyped, overrated players in recent memory. I just hope Uche was watching......... 

McInnes must be sick. 3 years of nonsense exposed 

51 minutes ago, whodanny said:

This.  Part of the Old Firm old boys jobs for the boys network. Not only should he be sacked but also the dunces that gave him the job.

Just back from the pub after watching the game felt I was back at tynecastle...we are so behind it's laughable honestly Levein Mcleish Grant old school gtf..embarrassing Scottish football is fecked  

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

Saw this on twitter 

'

I know yer just havin a laugh and it's mibbe me showin my age but that pics' in bad taste.That lassie looks about 15

PeterintheRain
6 minutes ago, jamborich said:

Just back from the pub after watching the game felt I was back at tynecastle...we are so behind it's laughable honestly Levein Mcleish Grant old school gtf..embarrassing Scottish football is fecked  

So if we signed the whole Kazakh team then we'd romp the league?  Given how much better their players are one must suppose according to your logic.

How about never employing a Yoon to manage the National team.  A man who campaigned against Scotland even existing is supposed to motivate players when they play for their country.  Can't see it .  

Shooter McGavin

Unbelievable that the national team hasn’t been scrapped yet. Players not interested, useless manager and the SFA are not interested in fixing anything. 

5 minutes ago, Four faces said:

I know yer just havin a laugh and it's mibbe me showin my age but that pics' in bad taste.That lassie looks about 15

That is a 1 5 we ought not celebrate then...?

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Bertie’s reign has caused the authorities and a lot of fans to have regressed into an attitude of “its goat tae be somewun Scoatish” every time there is a vacancy. Many even questioned the pursuit of Michael O Neil despite his stellar record with NI.

Bertie’s two worst competitive results were probably the draw away to Faroes and the one that got him sacked drawing away to Moldova. McLeish threw away our Euro 2008 chances with that result in a Georgia (something Strachan repeated 8 years later), and has suffered two abysmal results so far away to Israel and tonight. Walter Smith’s team lost at home to Belarus, Burleys team were beaten by Macedonia and our Craig played without a striker vs Czech Republic. So the aversion to considering foreigners for the job has no logical basis considering the record/results of every Scottish manager since Craig brown, particularly as Bertie was the last one to get us to the playoffs (the traditional way). 

2 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

So if we signed the whole Kazakh team then we'd romp the league?  Given how much better their players are one must suppose according to your logic.

How about never employing a Yoon to manage the National team.  A man who campaigned against Scotland even existing is supposed to motivate players when they play for their country.  Can't see it .  

I think you miss my point they are not better players just better managed 

Maroon Sailor
56 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Shelley Kerr ?

Wouldn't want to upset her, she looks like a right ballbreaker

Jambof3tornado
54 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Our best 15 players were not playing. 

Aye but we had plenty talent that should have beaten a low ranking team. Didnt even compete.

1 hour ago, whodanny said:

I hope he included the players.

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Wouldn't want to upset her, she looks like a right ballbreaker

Can't be worse than McPish. Don't think he could break anybody's baws.

I cant be arsed going through the whole thread, but im sure it will have been suggested, the second chance at the play-offs will have killed off any desire this team has to even try to compete in this group. There has been a complete lack of passion for 20 years, this will only make it worse.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, kila said:

I try not to get worked up but this is so predictable and the rot has been going on for over 20 years now. The Old Firm dominance is killing it all, and they can't even compete in Europe anymore.

Things that need to change for the rot to stop:

- Moving the SFA out of Glasgow with new leaders

- More diverse SFA setup - right now it is a job for the boys ex Old Firm club

- A bigger top flight

- Plastic pitches banned in top flight, SFA to help fund it

- More diverse referee recruitment to stop Old Firm bias

- A Scotland manager who isn't an ex Old Firm jakey

- Getting rid of Hampden and moving to Murrayfield

They've had the chance to do this but don't. 

Why I gave up international football for rugby. 

Rotten to the core and the game is dying from 1000 cuts, but the SFA are only interested in two clubs. 

The clubs are only interested in next years financial results. 

Nothing will change due to the self interest. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Portable Badger

I'd even go down the non binary tranny route if it meant getting shot of Mcleish.

?

The Future's Maroon

I get all the digs at the team, manager, opposition and result. 

But the digs at the hard working guys who fork out shed loads of money to travel, follow and support the team is a bit off....yes they must have blind faith etc, but they go, they follow through think and thin...ripping the urine out of the tartan army is not right imo....I genuinely feel sorry for these guys.

Not sure Brendan Rodgers would really want he job

Shooter McGavin
12 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

But the digs at the hard working guys who fork out shed loads of money to travel, follow and support the team is a bit off....yes they must have blind faith etc, but they go, they follow through think and thin...ripping the urine out of the tartan army is not right imo....I genuinely feel sorry for these guys.

The “tartan army” are w******. They are self-important morons and it is a pleasure to watch them get let down at every turn.

Bazzas right boot

The daily mash reporting... 

"Scotland now in danger of losing to fictional countries" 

The Wang druids of Kutania are eyeing Scotland up along with the Atlantis Utd. 

???????

12 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I haven't read all the thread but seriously are people having a dig at the fans

If you could swap Levein and McLeish so that Levein left and became Scotland manager and McLeish became Hearts boss would you? 

August Landmesser
9 minutes ago, RDSK said:

If you could swap Levein and McLeish so that Levein left and became Scotland manager and McLeish became Hearts boss would you? 

GTF. Not a chance.