Edinburgh Roads

Harry Potter

frankblack
On 02/06/2023 at 19:27, Ribble said:

Love it when a prophecy comes true, Lothian buses were diverted up north junction street/great junction street today due to excess traffic on Commercial Street

The clowncil doesn't realise that closing roads only shifts the problem elsewhere.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Lyon

• The Real Maroonblood

• OBE

• been here before

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 31/05/2023 at 14:16, joondalupjambo said:

At some point here folk will work out it is easier to walk more 🙂

Correct or cycle. They will moan like feck tho. I never use a car in Edinburgh city centre as it's quicker to cycle. I can go from Gorgie to Leith Links on a bike (even quicker if it was electric) in 25mins, it would take 30-40mins in a car or an hour on the bus. 

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

Jeffros Furios
20 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Correct or cycle. They will moan like feck tho. I never use a car in Edinburgh city centre as it's quicker to cycle. I can go from Gorgie to Leith Links on a bike (even quicker if it was electric) in 25mins, it would take 30-40mins in a car or an hour on the bus. 

Cyclists are sexual deviants .

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Probably had a bad day and was trying to cheer himself up ... we've all had them :kirklol:

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Cyclists are sexual deviants .

Because they have something between their legs?

On 10/05/2023 at 13:25, Dennis Reynolds said:

img-1-1683721267761.webp

Just thought that sign definitely should not be placed like that on the pavement. It's a hazard for those with visual impairments, and restricts wheelchair usage.  Not very equality friendly, that's for sure, but then everything this council seems to be doing is like that. Bus stops that cross cycle lanes etc. 

If you're disabled, Edinburgh is going to be a right pain to get around if they keep at it. 

Stuart Lyon
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

Just thought that sign definitely should not be placed like that on the pavement. It's a hazard for those with visual impairments, and restricts wheelchair usage.  Not very equality friendly, that's for sure, but then everything this council seems to be doing is like that. Bus stops that cross cycle lanes etc. 

If you're disabled, Edinburgh is going to be a right pain to get around if they keep at it. 

Quote from SNP Councillor Finlay McFarlane from April this year

He added phone boxes are also "barriers to people with disabilities trying to get around the city".

Wonder what he thinks about that sign.

frankblack
7 hours ago, tian447 said:

If you are disabled its tough as the clowncil are heartless *******s with a car-hating agenda.

The batshit mental schemes they are introducing to obstruct car users are the signs of seriously deranged individuals.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the clowncilors getting dragged away in handcuffs from events ln TV wearing these "just stop oil" t-shirts.

Edited by frankblack

• 3 months later...

Here we go yet again

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/edinburgh-speeding-council-to-look-at-trialling-traffic-lights-which-turn-red-when-motorists-are-speeding-4371200

Presumably a speeding vehicle coming from an other direction will trigger a change to red for them so traffic lights will be changing quite often. Is it triggered by speeding cyclists and wheelers?

been here before
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Here we go yet again

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/edinburgh-speeding-council-to-look-at-trialling-traffic-lights-which-turn-red-when-motorists-are-speeding-4371200

Presumably a speeding vehicle coming from an other direction will trigger a change to red for them so traffic lights will be changing quite often. Is it triggered by speeding cyclists and wheelers?

Maybe you could contact the council and share the answers with us 

• 4 weeks later...

More nonsense from the CeC Transport Convener

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/corstorphine-low-traffic-neighbourhood-simply-transfers-traffic-into-previously-quiet-roads-claim-residents-4399948

Corstorphone school looks about a hundred years old so the 2ft wide pavement that has been there for years is now a problem.

2 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

More nonsense from the CeC Transport Convener

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/transport/corstorphine-low-traffic-neighbourhood-simply-transfers-traffic-into-previously-quiet-roads-claim-residents-4399948

Corstorphone school looks about a hundred years old so the 2ft wide pavement that has been there for years is now a problem.

A cynic may even suggest that this was all part of the plan. 

• 5 weeks later...

Great to see our pavements gritted with the side roads, im jokin, not even looked at,

walked down to pinkhill from drumbrae, the side streets  are treacherous, how any old person

can leave the house is beyond me .

Trams are ok though, clowns.

New Town Loafer
49 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Great to see our pavements gritted with the side roads, im jokin, not even looked at,

walked down to pinkhill from drumbrae, the side streets  are treacherous, how any old person

Walked along Queensferry Road today and it was the same ffs.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Ferry road pavements...⛷️

• 1 month later...

Lindsay Rd, Newhaven closed, due to tenement building above Prom Bar risk of collapse...  

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Stuart Lyon said:

Charterhall Rd/Cluny Gardens recently changed from 30mph to 20mph! Why?

To cause more pollution and piss folk off.

Jim_Duncan
9 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Charterhall Rd/Cluny Gardens recently changed from 30mph to 20mph! Why?

Because the Sustrans mob are in control and can do what they want. They do not seek to ease traffic congestion nor improve the situation. They see car drivers as bad people and are purely punitive in their endeavours. 

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Because the Sustrans mob are in control and can do what they want. They do not seek to ease traffic congestion nor improve the situation. They see car drivers as bad people and are purely punitive in their endeavours. 

:spoton:

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

🤬 we knew this was coming, been building back up to it ever since the day we rejected the congestion charge. They started closing off streets, introducing 1 way, no right turns, no left turns, wider pavements, traffic signal sequences changed and new ones implemented, cycle lanes. That Arthur is a ****ing bellend.

luckyBatistuta
On 25/01/2024 at 14:37, The Real Maroonblood said:

To cause more pollution and piss folk off.

Correct, they’re loving it. A small smug group with their own little agenda, creating chaos around the city and the masses just rolling over and accepting it. 

Be careful if you're heading past the Asda Jewel heading South as there's a huge fecking hole right on the roundabout, someone is going to come a cropper there if it's not fixed soon.

Howdy Doody Jambo

The clowncil and the Scottish government working together to tax tax tax everybody

no surprise because we don't pay enough council tax in this town there then just a bunch of gangsters 

Low Emission Zones of which you are still allowed to drive a higher emission vehicle into - tell me how it's a low emission zone then?

Parking Ticket costs are very expensive to discourage everyday shopping and business appointments 

The tax  money will be filtered away into their pockets through bonuses, pensions and inflated wages 

Edinburgh's road's are very dangerous and crumbling and the broken pavements must be the worst in Europe they are just  awful and should come with a health and safety warning ⚠️

And as for them seasonal cycle lanes that don't justify the cost and means 😂 what a complete waste of tax payers money, are the councillors going to start paying cyclists rewards to use them and them bollards , safe space walking 😂 and the numerous road closures like Waverley Bridge 😂 it's just stopping people moving around the city causing congestion as nothing flows while hundreds of these Escooters and deliveroo electric motor bike's which should have registration plates cause havoc to public safety with no respect for the paying road user 

That multi million pound cycle lane from Roseburn to Haymarket is still under construction which has taken over 2 years now 😂😆 that's a piss taking joke 🤣

There must be half a dozen councilors that have dreamt dream up a fantasy island with an ideology that suits their selfish interests and not for the vast majority of the people of Edinburgh

That Arthur guy was quoted in the media recently regarding the payment parking issue as

" My plan"

Which tells you everything about the self obsessed rat

And that's another thing the amount of waste bins overflowing and vermin running around the streets appears to be on the increase again complaint's fall on deaf ears at the clowncil probably because they all work from home and their system is in favour of awkwardness and non contactable staff to talk to with poor communications 

Edinburgh is a shitshow run by selfish clown's the whole structure needs reformed and proper skilled professionals put in charge that don't have a biased agenda , the amount of corruption and wasted money which could been better spent for all rather than the minority in Edinburgh

There should be an enquiry regarding the tram enquiry which is costing millions

Everything these councils and governments touch is failure 

A bunch of loser's 

My message to tourists would be don't come the

Gangster councillors and Scottish government just want you to leave your cash at the door and fcuk off again 

15 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Be careful if you're heading past the Asda Jewel heading South as there's a huge fecking hole right on the roundabout, someone is going to come a cropper there if it's not fixed soon.

Appreciated, shame we've got to rely on warnings like this on a football forum, thanks for posting...👍🏻

Australis
3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Better still, report it and hope it gets sorted.

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/roadproblem

Or do both. 👍

Reported really bad pot holes at the Kaimes Crossroads last spring. And the erosion of road markings.

Got conformation of the report, and they have still not been touched.

Can't help feeling that reporting them is a waste of time.

1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

Better still, report it and hope it gets sorted.

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/roadproblem

Or do both. 👍

No money to maintain a decent road network, but can find thousands of millions for trams. Currently being reported that the potential building collapse at Lindsay Rd is due to the tramline excavation works. No other country would put up with this constant, never ending incompetence

Dennis Reynolds

Lindsay road being closed is an absolute bawache to all the surrounding roads that have been allowed to open. Ferry Road has been an absolute nightmare and I only need to travel it twice. 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Lindsay road being closed is an absolute bawache to all the surrounding roads that have been allowed to open. Ferry Road has been an absolute nightmare and I only need to travel it twice. 

North Edinburgh was never the best, but closing functioning roads at the bottom of Ferry Rd to me is a GIRUY from the council planners...It's insane creating more congestion, they're no right in the heid.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, OBE said:

North Edinburgh was never the best, but closing functioning roads at the bottom of Ferry Rd to me is a GIRUY from the council planners...It's insane creating more congestion, they're no right in the heid.

Yet we all moan about it relentlessly (myself inc) and do nothing about it. We need to be more like the French and take action when we’re getting the piss taken out of us.

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yet we all moan about it relentlessly (myself inc) and do nothing about it. We need to be more like the French and take action when we’re getting the piss taken out of us.

Don't always agree with the French methods of protest, but it seldom fails. My commuting days are just about over TF! The council have declared that North Edinburgh's people will enjoy a greener environment, what like deliberately creating congestion and building 3.5k flats within the old Forth port, with the majority having gas boilers emitting even more harmful by-products such as carbon monoxide.

Jim_Duncan
33 minutes ago, OBE said:

The kind of folk that were bullied at school now getting revenge on the world. 

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

British stiff upper lip and all that shite.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

They need bullied again, JD...:buttkick:

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, OBE said:

Don't always agree with the French methods of protest, but it seldom fails. My commuting days are just about over TF! The council have declared that North Edinburgh's people will enjoy a greener environment, what like deliberately creating congestion and building 3.5k flats within the old Forth port, with the majority having gas boilers emitting even more harmful by-products such as carbon monoxide.

7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Jim nails it OBE

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

British stiff upper lip and all that shite.

Shite it is, let’s get this sorted. Where’s me pitchfork

4 minutes ago, OBE said:

They need bullied again, JD...:buttkick:

Definitely 

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

If there was a small group of people going around opening the road's back up they would be applauded by the majority

It will take common sense and people moving the huge plant pot road blocking obstacles out of the way 

Edited by Howdy Doody Jambo

Seymour M Hersh
On 06/07/2023 at 13:56, frankblack said:

The clowncil doesn't realise that closing roads only shifts the problem elsewhere.

I'm sure they do but I'm convinced that's part of their idiotic plan to impose (never going to give us a referendum on out again after getting stuffed in the noughties) congestion charges. Let's face it LEZ will only go so far in raising money for them to waste. Too many new cars and hybrid or EV vehicles missing out. Answer? Congestion charge where every vehicle has to pay. 

frankblack
39 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Jesus.  You couldn't make it up how incompetent these clowns are.

Why is it no matter who gets control of the council they continue the same policies?  It makes a mockery of so called local democracy.

50 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm sure they do but I'm convinced that's part of their idiotic plan to impose (never going to give us a referendum on out again after getting stuffed in the noughties) congestion charges. Let's face it LEZ will only go so far in raising money for them to waste. Too many new cars and hybrid or EV vehicles missing out. Answer? Congestion charge where every vehicle has to pay. 

LEZ cameras v Angle grinders...no contest! Crudely, some folk are fighting back.

Excellent. It’s morphing into another ‘trams’ thread.

Strap in folks and let’s see who can come up with the most outrageous nonsense.  The Evening News and JKB used to be neck-and-neck but I see BBC “Scotland” are coming up fast on the outside.

Edited by FWJ

been here before
3 hours ago, FWJ said:

Excellent. It’s morphing into another ‘trams’ thread.

Strap in folks and let’s see who can come up with the most outrageous nonsense.  The Evening News and JKB used to be neck-and-neck but I see BBC “Scotland” are coming up fast on the outside.

As opposed to 'Car Drivers Are The Most Entitled People On Here' thread?