• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Boab

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

For the final (?) we will not get more than 20,000*, that’s all we got in 2012!

*unless Aberdeen accept less than 20,000!!

And at the 2012 Cup Final there was no segregation as such. Federation clubs and the equivalent at Hibs gave their originally allocated tickets back to each club for resale and were sat next to each other in the North Stand (from memory I think the original intention was to leave a part of sections C5 and D1 empty as the segregation area). There will definitely be a segregation area if it is us and Celtic in the final.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Nookie Bear
44 minutes ago, TheStig said:

It should soften the blow, then you realize that money gets spend on players like Joselu ?

Ouch. Thoughts with you at this difficult time ?

joondalupjambo
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

What a fecking farce of a national stadium by the way. 

View is non existent for about half the place ffs. 

Bang on, that is my issue with the game.

12.15 is rubbish enough but to go there, not get a decent seat and not to clearly see big chunks of the game is definitely a big reason to make folk think twice about going.

There is no doubt in my mind that for some, watching it on the Beeb will become an option because of the above and could thereforel reduce the crowd for the semi.  

For a final though folk will just want to be there.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Cory McNamara
3 hours ago, cookieboy said:

didn't they win in 2017 ?:hibsfud:

Yes, but then they bravely fought in the final, where late Celtic goal (92 min.) destroyed their dreams about the trophy. This goal was totally unexpected.

Aberdeen deserved a chance in overtime, but Australian international said: "No". That's why I think they are very dangerous right now.

They have some mental problems with Hoops, but if Dons win - they will run for cup like crazy, no matter what. 

Caley is not a joke too - can't forget 2.2.2014 Easter Road, such a misfortune.

Edited by Cory McNamara

GlasgoJambo
9 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Star Bar across the road from my flat at Eglinton Toll opens at 11am and is maybe a 30 min walk to stadium or 5 min bus (buses 5 & 6 take you right by Hampden), if you fancy a quick pint or two before the match and wont queue for ages.

What time does the lunch deal start Omiya?

Alex Kintner
6 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

Yes, but then they bravely fought in the final, where late Celtic goal (92 min.) destroyed their dreams about the trophy. This goal was totally unexpected.

Aberdeen deserved a chance in overtime, but Australian international said: "No". That's why I think they are very dangerous right now.

They have some mental problems with Hoops, but if Dons win - they will run for cup like crazy, no matter what. 

Caley is not a joke too - can't forget 2.2.2014 Easter Road, such a misfortune.

:cornette:

Mr Elwood P
18 hours ago, kila said:

Just because it is the status quo doesn't mean it is a pile of shite and fans get shafted over TV as per usual

Getting rid of that ****ing 3pm Saturday rule (which is an English law anyway) would help

Is it?

16 hours ago, Boab said:

In your opinion it is a great KO time.

I don’t think it is. A great KO time would be 3pm. Your first sentence is spot on. 

For those that can afford to go to the game or can make it for that time 3pm is a great KO time. A 3pm KO, however, would be subject to the television blackout which would mean people who don't have the money to attend lose out completely. You need to consider the situation objectively. Having a 12.15 KO with BBC Scotland showing the match means that the maximum number of supporters will be able to see the game. 

I thought it was ridiculous folk moaning about Partick Thistle being 7.05pm on a Monday, moaning about a 12.15 Saturday KO is just embarrassing. Football matches across Europe KO at that time every single weekend with far greater distances being travelled. I do consider the ICT fans as having been harshly treated but either themselves or Aberdeen were going to be hit with an early KO and Aberdeen will bring a far bigger crowd.

39 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Is it?

For those that can afford to go to the game or can make it for that time 3pm is a great KO time. A 3pm KO, however, would be subject to the television blackout which would mean people who don't have the money to attend lose out completely. You need to consider the situation objectively. Having a 12.15 KO with BBC Scotland showing the match means that the maximum number of supporters will be able to see the game. 

I thought it was ridiculous folk moaning about Partick Thistle being 7.05pm on a Monday, moaning about a 12.15 Saturday KO is just embarrassing. Football matches across Europe KO at that time every single weekend with far greater distances being travelled. I do consider the ICT fans as having been harshly treated but either themselves or Aberdeen were going to be hit with an early KO and Aberdeen will bring a far bigger crowd.

Oh, I have considered it objectively, mate.

If you think it was ridiculous that people were complaining about the 7.05 KO, then there is no point debating the issue really.

There was genuine, and very understandable, criticism of that decision, a decision that meant many couldn’t attend. The clubs will do hee haw as any shortfall in numbers is made up by TV. We will be playing a Semi-Final in front of around 23K...possibly. That’s because of the KO time and it being on council telly...NOT because a lot of people can’t attend because of money, imo. 

It is the norm now but it doesn’t mean it’s right. 

And, as regards the 3pm blackout, why we are being roped into this ridiculous law, a law that only the UK and Montenegro adhere to, is a mystery. It has been proven to have no effect on attendances elsewhere. Our League and the English League bear no comparison whatsoever.

Maybe with this new, shiny BBC Scotland channel, they could grow a set of balls and show games like the one coming up, at 3pm.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Just stop moaning and follow the team. It's our first trip to Hampden in 6 years FFS. 

:greatpost:

1 hour ago, Boab said:

If you think it was ridiculous that people were complaining about the 7.05 KO, then there is no point debating the issue really.

There was genuine, and very understandable, criticism of that decision, a decision that meant many couldn’t attend. The clubs will do hee haw as any shortfall in numbers is made up by TV. We will be playing a Semi-Final in front of around 23K...possibly. That’s because of the KO time and it being on council telly...NOT because a lot of people can’t attend because of money, imo. 

There was a thread on here in 2012 discussing semi final crowds before daft kick off times and TV and I've copied and pasted a post below: If we get 20-25K attandance playing a team with virtually no support is decent.

Mentioned this briefly on another thread, but there seems to be a popular mis-conception that we have always taken 25,000 to 30,000 fans to cup semi finals. Reality seems to suggest differently:

Hearts v Dundee United, April 1986 Match attendance 30,797

Hearts v St Mirren, April 1987 Match attendance 29,290

Hearts v Airdrie, April 1992 Match Attendance 27,310

Hearts v Airdrie, April 1992 (replay) Match Attendance 11,163

Hearts v Rangers, April 1993 Match Attendance 41,738

Hearts v Airdrie, April 1995 Match Attendance 22,538

Hearts v Aberdeen, April 1996 Match Attendance 27,785

Hearts v Falkirk, April 1998 Match Attendance 31,587

None of these games were on the TV, nearly all were Saturday 3pm Kick Off's, yet for the most part Hearts only took around 15,000 to 20,000 fans the games. Only slightly more than we'll end up taking for a televised, lunchtime Sunday kick off.

OmiyaHearts
9 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

What time does the lunch deal start Omiya?

I'll find out for you later mate, I'll be in there this evening for a beer & some karaoke.

It's a great lunch btw and can be quite busy as a lot of the oldies head there for lunch. I get the home made soup, home made steak pie & chips then ice cream & jelly for only £3. Fish & Chips is 50p dearer!

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Boab said:

Given that ICT won't bring that many, I think 23k would be not too bad a crowd, with or without TV

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Boab said:

And, as regards the 3pm blackout, why we are being roped into this ridiculous law, a law that only the UK and Montenegro adhere to, is a mystery. It has been proven to have no effect on attendances elsewhere. Our League and the English League bear no comparison whatsoever.

Maybe with this new, shiny BBC Scotland channel, they could grow a set of balls and show games like the one coming up, at 3pm.

How many "fans" (of all clubs) would decide "feck it, I'm staying in the pub" if there was a live match on at 3pm.

8 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Folk from Edinburgh genuinely annoyed at having to be in Glasgow for noon?

I think it's just folk on KB being annoyed at everything and anything.

tokyowalnut
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Just stop moaning and follow the team. It's our first trip to Hampden in 6 years FFS. 

Correct.

Can't see any reason, logistically, why fans can't get to Glasgow for 1215! A very winnable game, we should be getting 25k there!

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

How many "fans" (of all clubs) would decide "feck it, I'm staying in the pub" if there was a live match on at 3pm.

The evidence from countries that do it is there is no effect. Supposition for us to come up with a number. 

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Boab said:

The evidence from countries that do it is there is no effect. Supposition for us to come up with a number. 

True, it would be hard to gauge actual numbers, but you see it with midweek games.

People who would otherwise attend a match decide to watch "their team" playing in the CL or some EPL pish.

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Oh, i’ll be there all right. Was at every game in Rudolf’s post above. Must have missed the memo that said we can’t disagree with TV’s influence in football these days.

Hey ho !

?

GlasgoJambo
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'll find out for you later mate, I'll be in there this evening for a beer & some karaoke.

It's a great lunch btw and can be quite busy as a lot of the oldies head there for lunch. I get the home made soup, home made steak pie & chips then ice cream & jelly for only £3. Fish & Chips is 50p dearer!

Lol, not been since they put it up from £2.50

Alex Kintner
19 minutes ago, Boab said:

Do you have a link? That sounds like an interesting article ??

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

This has Airdrie and St.Mirren written all over it

very bad feeling 

It has - was thinking the same

Helps if we could score goals - but not with this bunch of plodders masquerading as forwards. 

Ugly football gets you so far, sooner or later they kind of wins dry up, the football stays the same and the natives get restless.

buzzbomb1958
On 15/03/2019 at 09:33, To Be Frank said:

:greatpost:

I agree early breakfast bus to the shithole and a few Bev's celebrate getting to the final back home another few Bev's and plan the next day out what's not to like hhgh

King Of The Cat Cafe
4 hours ago, drumie jambo said:

I've seen the prices but is there any update as to when the tickets actually go on sale?

Last week the club said "next week"; which I guess is this week.

I hope this helps. ?

Independence
On 16/03/2019 at 17:17, JCR said:

The idea we could sell 25,000 tickets for this given we’re awful away at present is a pretty unfunny joke. 

We will sell 25,000.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Be lucky to take 15. If I'm thinking twice about it there will be many more. 

It's become a chore even this. We desperately need a spark 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Behave , 20k minimum. You can take that to the bank 

1 hour ago, Independence said:

We will sell 25,000.

I doubt there will be 25k in total.

Edited by DH1986

I feel somewhere between 15 and 20k is what we’ll take to the semi.

Very very much doubt we’ll take 25,000 on our own.

Throwing everything into the mix with how we are playing, kick off time etc....we’ll do well to shift in excess of 15,000.

On another day with a Hearts team flying and being presented a great chance against a 1st Division team, I certainly could see thousands more being attracted to go. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I get why attendances might drop at run of the mill league games when the team isn’t winning or isn’t performing well. But surely you’re not thinking twice about attending a semi final at Hampden involving Hearts based on the teams performance? Ok maybe against Celtic or - although perhaps not at the minute - Rangers people might be so convinced we’ll be beaten that they decide against putting themselves through the pain but not going to a semi final against Championship ICT? Even on current form we’ll still be favourites to progress to the final. 

From your posts on here I know you’re a Hearts fanatic like the rest (or majority) of us so I hope you, and anyone else thinking twice about attending, decide attending is a chore worth doing. 

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Tent to agree. I'll go for 17000 Jambos, 3000 Inverness. We may take a bit more if performances improve.

I'm only going to the semi if we start playing like the 1970 Brazil. we deserve better. ******s.

Some folk need to look in the mirror and think am I actually a hearts supporter.

bajthejambo
34 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thinking twice about attending our first trip to Hampden in six years in what is a fantastic opportunity to see our team advance to the Scottish Cup Final?

If you can't handle the hard times, you don't deserve the good. Get along and support our team.

18 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I'm only going to the semi if we start playing like the 1970 Brazil. we deserve better. ******s.

Some folk need to look in the mirror and think am I actually a hearts supporter.

It’s just a fact of life mate. Playing shite puts some people off. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, RDSK said:

I get why attendances might drop at run of the mill league games when the team isn’t winning or isn’t performing well. But surely you’re not thinking twice about attending a semi final at Hampden involving Hearts based on the teams performance? Ok maybe against Celtic or - although perhaps not at the minute - Rangers people might be so convinced we’ll be beaten that they decide against putting themselves through the pain but not going to a semi final against Championship ICT? Even on current form we’ll still be favourites to progress to the final. 

From your posts on here I know you’re a Hearts fanatic like the rest (or majority) of us so I hope you, and anyone else thinking twice about attending, decide attending is a chore worth doing. 

Murrayfield was a bad experience when we were in form.

Tynecastle this season has been struggling for warmth.

There is a horrible negative vibe similar to the days prior to Cathro dismissal. 

This semi-final reminds me of Airdrie 95 which remains in my top 3 ghosts following Hearts. 

I'd imagined reaching Hampden once again would be glorious alas it's tainted by a succession of inadequate efforts 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Thinking twice about attending our first trip to Hampden in six years in what is a fantastic opportunity to see our team advance to the Scottish Cup Final?

If you can't handle the hard times, you don't deserve the good. Get along and support our team.

Been through plenty. 3 years of monotonous football and lack of progress are possibly wearing. 

Irony is I could handle a crisis better than this.

Rest assured my Foundation payment is for life

The only thing that annoys me about early kick offs is there's less time for a good piss up beforehand, that's all part of it imo, few pints in the pub, few songs on the go and getting buzzing as kick off approaches.

GorgieRules22
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

You’ll probably find that there’s not many like you that would want to miss the semi final, don’t be ridiculous.

See all this final talk . It’s embarrassing. Let’s get passed Inverness first ffs . And posters moaning about a 12-15 ko in Glasgow. Grow a pair . We haven’t been at Hampden in Six fin years .  Get a grip ? 

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You’ll probably find that there’s not many like you that would want to miss the semi final, don’t be ridiculous.

How many do you think we’ll take ?

I think estimates of 17, 18 up to 20 max are accurate.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Half of the 30k at Murrayfield