Scottish Cup Semi Final v Inverness - Sat 13th April 12:15pm kick off

kila

Montgomery Brewster
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

(un)Fortunately for me I'm on the Fife Circle line which is one of those affected. £50 saved between the 2 of us going to the semi.

Result ??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Boab

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

53 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Pretty obvious what the kick off times would be but.....

can anyone tell me do they ever play English FA cup semi finals with early lunchtime kick offs? 

Scottish football as usual having to fit into the BBC/tv's sh*te schedule. 

FA Cup semi's are usually mid day, or late evening. Think its been late evening recent years.

Only way to keep fans happy re: kick off times, is a 3pm ko, which means nae TV, which means unhappy fans. Can't please everyone I'm afraid.

Montgomery Brewster
10 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

Third semi-final in a row for Aberdeen, they can't lose forever.

They will this year 

heartsfc_fan

Just for comparison on crowd. Hibs v Dundee Utd semi final in 2016 was played on the Saturday, on BBC and 12:15 kick off.

Attendance was 19,651

1 hour ago, Deans Jambo said:

Pretty obvious what the kick off times would be but.....

can anyone tell me do they ever play English FA cup semi finals with early lunchtime kick offs? 

Scottish football as usual having to fit into the BBC/tv's sh*te schedule. 

you have to make time for the groundsmen to make the playing surface for the Sunday game playable, also the stadium has to be cleaned and  that is why the early Saturday kick off

26 minutes ago, Locky said:

Any word on when these tickets go on sale btw?

All the club has said is they will try get them on sale early next week. expect they will announce Monday with sales starting tuesday or something 

30 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Just for comparison on crowd. Hibs v Dundee Utd semi final in 2016 was played on the Saturday, on BBC and 12:15 kick off.

Attendance was 19,651

Yip.

People talking about us shifting 25K are being optimistic to the point of delusion.

Sorry, guys !

If we shift 20K that would be incredible.

Hackney Hearts
13 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Attendance was 19,651

Should get more than that - but maybe not much. 

At this stage, I'd reckon 23,000 ish (might depend on our form over the next month).

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

At this stage, I'd reckon 23,000 ish (might depend on our form over the next month).

Seems about right.

Be prepared for an epic tickets thread if we make the final. 25K would be enough for just about everyone bar the families angle. Trying not to look too far ahead but if it’s the demons, there will be all sorts of gnashing of teeth from those pests. 

Deans Jambo
1 hour ago, whyskey said:

you have to make time for the groundsmen to make the playing surface for the Sunday game playable, also the stadium has to be cleaned and  that is why the early Saturday kick off

Doubt that's the reason (maybe helps though) they were going to play both league cup semis on one day this season. Unfortunately Scottish football is not primetime enough for the BBC to schedule us in on a Saturday evening. 

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Are hearts fans only based in Edinburgh? 

Difficult to get to Glasgow from anywhere in Scotland by 12.15?

Would you suggest we split the match into three 30 minute blocks and play one up North, one in Glasgow and one in the Borders just to keep everyone happy?

It’s the semi-final of the Scottish cup. It’s been getting played at 12.15 on a Saturday for years. I could understand Inverness/Aberdeen fans being a bit miffed but Hearts fans complaining. :facepalm:

ArcticJambo

12:15pm is pretty naff, imo.  There said it; another who doesn't like the way fans are being treated these days. Doubt anybody really wants/cares to watch this on the telly other than those from Hearts/ICT that can't make it/can't be arsed. 

?

2 hours ago, Locky said:

FA Cup semi's are usually mid day, or late evening. Think its been late evening recent years.

Only way to keep fans happy re: kick off times, is a 3pm ko, which means nae TV, which means unhappy fans. Can't please everyone I'm afraid.

From recollection 3 years ago when Palace were in the Semi, the Saturday game was at 5:00 or 5:30 and the Sunday game was at 3:00.

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Yip.

People talking about us shifting 25K are being optimistic to the point of delusion.

Sorry, guys !

At last a bit of common sense.

Folk predicting 25k+ are just setting JKB up for hundreds of posts about how poor a support we have.

It was the same in 2012 complaining about 'only' 13k Hearts fans while forgetting that Celtic only had 23k.

The semi at Murrayfield was a special occasion at a sensible hour and should not be used as a yardstick for this game.

15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

At last a bit of common sense.

Folk predicting 25k+ are just setting JKB up for hundreds of posts about how poor a support we have.

It was the same in 2012 complaining about 'only' 13k Hearts fans while forgetting that Celtic only had 23k.

The semi at Murrayfield was a special occasion at a sensible hour and should not be used as a yardstick for this game.

No it shouldn't but the buzz it created certainly should be repeated. The tickets sales on a daily basis surprised most, and this was generated by HMFC with the Sea of Maroon marketing, and I believe by dot counts on here.

Getting such a momentum going could led to us selling out our allocation, IMO, and in doing so would silence any claims for getting less than a 50/50 split should we reach the final.

Edited by ericb

2 minutes ago, ericb said:

No it shouldn't but the buzz it created certainly should be repeated. The tickets sales on a daily basis surprised most, and this was generated by HMFC with the Sea of Maroon marketing, and I believe by dot counts on here.

Getting such a momentum going could led to us selling out our allocation, IMO, and in doing so would silence any claims for getting less than a 50/50 split should we reach the final.

Let's hope that's what happens then?

Alex Kintner
29 minutes ago, David Bennett said:

From recollection 3 years ago when Palace were in the Semi, the Saturday game was at 5:00 or 5:30 and the Sunday game was at 3:00.

Been 5.30pm kickoff for a number of years

16 minutes ago, ericb said:

Even if we sold 18 or 19K, we would still be getting half for the final.

The only time allocations come into play is if a team like ICT or Ross Co get there against, say Celtic.

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Difficult to get to Glasgow from anywhere in Scotland by 12.15?

Would you suggest we split the match into three 30 minute blocks and play one up North, one in Glasgow and one in the Borders just to keep everyone happy?

It’s the semi-final of the Scottish cup. It’s been getting played at 12.15 on a Saturday for years. I could understand Inverness/Aberdeen fans being a bit miffed but Hearts fans complaining. :facepalm:

Just because it is the status quo doesn't mean it is a pile of shite and fans get shafted over TV as per usual

Getting rid of that ****ing 3pm Saturday rule (which is an English law anyway) would help

17 minutes ago, kila said:

Just because it is the status quo doesn't mean it is a pile of shite and fans get shafted over TV as per usual

Getting rid of that ****ing 3pm Saturday rule (which is an English law anyway) would help

Well said.

Taking my 7 year old daughter to this one, she's been to quite a few games already this season and is really excited about the game.

Alex Kintner
41 minutes ago, kila said:

You’re right that fans do get shafted due to TV. However, I don’t think anyone can argue that in this case. It’s a great kickoff time unless you have an alcohol problem and distressed the pubs won’t be open before the game.

3 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Depends on results and performances between now and then imo.  Feel good factor has to be present.

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Attendance was 19,651

Written in the stars they said. Woke from a drug fuelled daze to find they had redecorated their maws dinning room in human shite.

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, kila said:

Agreed.  The kick off time is a joke.  5pm would have been ideal.

Nookie Bear

12.15 kick offs always feels bit flat, for some reason.

Maybe the crowds are quieter due to the time of day, or maybe the players get up to speed quicker if they have a full day of getting nervous and keyed-up.

But it is what it is. The days of 3pm kick-offs are long gone.

Libertarian

I don't normally have a drink at the games nowadays, but I was planning to go for a pub breakfast and have a couple of pints before the semi-final. I'm taking my two teenage kids with me. Can anyone suggest anywhere reasonably close to Central Station or alternatively close to Hampden. I did phone one pub in Glasgow City Centre who offer pub breakfasts from 9am but when they heard I had 2 teenagers he almost threw the phone down on me. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

132goals1958
1 hour ago, kila said:

Agreed. Play at 3pm and delay transmission if need be for the TV audience. Never happen though. 

Folks, does anyone know if there any supporters busses that pick up around Perth/Broxden these days and if any are going to the semi?

davemclaren

You’re right that fans do get shafted due to TV. However, I don’t think anyone can argue that in this case. It’s a great kickoff time unless you have an alcohol problem and distressed the pubs won’t be open before the game.

I could take that personally. ?

15 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

I don't normally have a drink at the games nowadays, but I was planning to go for a pub breakfast and have a couple of pints before the semi-final. I'm taking my two teenage kids with me. Can anyone suggest anywhere reasonably close to Central Station or alternatively close to Hampden. I did phone one pub in Glasgow City Centre who offer pub breakfasts from 9am but when they heard I had 2 teenagers he almost threw the phone down on me. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

There will be a spoons near by probably

OmiyaHearts

There are quite a few pubs open in Glasgow If you need an early drink. Iron Horse on West Nile Street is open from 9am (I trhink Alfredos across from it is open early too) and I've also had early morning drinks in Mackinnons in Gallowgate & Toll Booth just along from it. You only have to by a hot or cold roll and you can get a pint.

Not the best pubs by a long shot (very much some of the worst) but I guess people aren't fussy when i comes to getting an early pint!

132goals1958

I stayed in  the Jury,s Hotel the Saturday night before the 2006 semi final. Was in Hampden an hour before kick off. At least there was plenty scope for the after match celebrations that day.

OmiyaHearts
21 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Iron Horse opens at 9am on West Nile street is probably your best bet. Just need to buy a roll and you can get a pint.

Star Bar across the road from my flat at Eglinton Toll opens at 11am and is maybe a 30 min walk to stadium or 5 min bus (buses 5 & 6 take you right by Hampden), if you fancy a quick pint or two before the match and wont queue for ages.

The Treasurer
40 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Agreed.  The kick off time is a joke.  5pm would have been ideal.

ICT seem unhappy with the early KO.

Libertarian
2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Iron Horse opens at 9am on West Nile street is probably your best bet. Just need to buy a roll and you can get a pint.

Star Bar across the road from my flat at Eglinton Toll opens at 11am and is maybe a 30 min walk to stadium or 5 min bus (buses 5 & 6 take you right by Hampden), if you fancy a quick pint or two before the match and wont queue for ages.

Cheers mate.

Alex Kintner
44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

12.15 kick offs always feels bit flat, for some reason.

Maybe the crowds are quieter due to the time of day, or maybe the players get up to speed quicker if they have a full day of getting nervous and keyed-up.

But it is what it is. The days of 3pm kick-offs are long gone.

Yeah, 2006 semi-final was like a morgue. 

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I could take that personally. ?

:cheers:

In your opinion it is a great KO time.

I don’t think it is. A great KO time would be 3pm. Your first sentence is spot on. 

Alex Kintner
35 minutes ago, Boab said:

In your opinion it is a great KO time.

I don’t think it is. A great KO time would be 3pm. Your first sentence is spot on. 

Why is 3pm better than 12.15? 

WeeToonJambo
1 hour ago, Hearts Daft said:

There's a Wetherspoons across the road from Central on Argyle Street.  Take the escalator beside platforms 13 to 15 and it's right across the road.  Ignore the scaffolding (if its still there).  The building next to Wetherspoons is having work done on it.

Does anyone country's have as much moaning about kickoff times than ours. Compared to other countries our distances are relatively small. Can't get there in time, can't get home after, can't watch it on TV. No way everyone can be catered for. Get there if you can. 

Alex Kintner
19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Does anyone country's have as much moaning about kickoff times than ours. Compared to other countries our distances are relatively small. Can't get there in time, can't get home after, can't watch it on TV. No way everyone can be catered for. Get there if you can. 

:spoton:

been here before
58 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Because if it was 3pm, I could probably have went.

I cant if its 12:15.

Edited by been here before

6 hours ago, Boab said:

Yip.

Sorry, guys !

Hearts fans loyalty never seize to amaze me . 

Its not delusional to think we could sell 25k for this game , infact I think that's a decent guess . 

It will certainly be nearer 25k than 20k , you can take that to the bank . 

scott herbertson

Dont have to get my teenagers up and out of the house on a Saturday before 8am - to them that is like a vampire meeting the dawn

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

German fans campaigned to get Monday night football cancelled. 

So, yes is the answer. 

I suppose the frustration is that our games get moved to accommodate TV packages that pay a pittance. 

Edited by Nookie Bear