Scottish Cup Semi Final v Inverness - Sat 13th April 12:15pm kick off

kila

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Because if it was 3pm, I could probably have went.

I cant if its 12:15.

That’s your own personal circumstances on that day. 

In general, why is 12.15pm better than 3pm?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Boab

• luckydug

• Clerry Jambo

Sydney Devine
On 13/03/2019 at 18:14, Gambo said:

Breakfast in the weeg then.

Will the Gambo venga bus be revived for the semi final?  It was a good luck omen in 2012????

Clerry Jambo
9 minutes ago, Sydney Devine said:

Will the Gambo venga bus be revived for the semi final?  It was a good luck omen in 2012????

Hope so mate Gambo tours rools

10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

In general, why is 12.15pm better than 3pm?

3pm gives fans plenty of time to get there, make a day of it.

Why not just make it 10am and be done with it before noon?

14 minutes ago, Sydney Devine said:

Just waiting on bus prices and the venue getting back.

been here before
19 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Really Frank is it?

I really wasnt aware of that. Thanks for clarifying.

been here before
12 minutes ago, kila said:

Of course it is but now the singing section has all but vanished Frank needs another crusade to be a bit edgy over.

Edited by been here before

kirkierobroy

Well, chums, owing to Mrs Kirkie Rob Roy being a born n bred Invernessian, it seems that we will be in opposite ends at the gemme.

We can agree that 12.15 is a daft time for a kick-off and shows the usual SFA contempt for fans. Jings, even if you're travelling just from Edinburgh there goes your long lie. Much will be made about the 2000 (or whatever it is) making their way down the A9 at the crack of dawn, but what the media usually miss is that a huge propertion of the ICT away support, such as it is, consists of exiles and others who now live in Glasgow, Edinburgh and elsewhere in the Central Belt. If there are 2000 ICT supporters there, I'd guess about 900/1000 actually came down from Inverness.

At any rate, let's make it a great affair, a great game, and 100% about fitba. May the better team win and go on to make Lennon seethe like a seethey thing in the Final.*

* Seriously, can you imagne Aberdeen's bottle not going twice in a row v Old Firm teams?

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

Really Frank is it?

I really wasnt aware of that. Thanks for clarifying.

7 minutes ago, been here before said:

Of course it is but now the singing section has all but vanished Frank needs another crusade to be a bit edgy over.

What you getting so upset about? :rofl:

I think it’s a shame hearts don’t run official buses anymore as not everyone wants to go on a bus that’s booked into a boozer beforehand & the queue for Mount Florida train station afterwards is a pain. 

been here before
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

What you getting so upset about? :rofl:

Im not upset in the slightest Frank. 

kirkierobroy
3 minutes ago, JCR said:

the queue for Mount Florida train station afterwards is a pain.

Get a 75 bus. The only upside to the early kick-off is that even FirstBus (Glesca cooncil sold off their buses unlike Edinburgh - eedjits) run a half-decent frequency on a Saturday Afternoon.

Shovelly Joe

Has anyone been to hospitality at Hampden for a Scottish Cup game and was it worth it?  Thinking of treating my old man.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Any time afternoon on a Saturday will suit the majority. 

Reality is there is no kick off time that can suit everyone. 

Doubt a semi-final will ever be played at 3pm on a Saturday again 

JamboGraham
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Doubt a semi-final will ever be played at 3pm on a Saturday again 

Not unless the TV blackout rules are ripped up...can’t even blame UEFA for this one, the SFA willingly sign up for this.

At the last count less than a handful of European associations bother signing up for the blackout anymore...however, one of them is the English FA and our football administration policy here in Scotland seems to be to mimic England where possible...

I would love some proper research to be done on the effectiveness of this blackout. Does anyone really believe that supporters of other Scottish sides are going to stay in their house and watch Hearts v Inverness rather than going along to watch their own team...

been here before
9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

giphy.gif

No matter how much youd like to be right, posting daft wee gifs doesnt change it Frank.

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

No matter how much youd like to be right, posting daft wee gifs doesnt change it Frank.

tenor.gif

48 minutes ago, JCR said:

I think it’s a shame hearts don’t run official buses anymore as not everyone wants to go on a bus that’s booked into a boozer beforehand & the queue for Mount Florida train station afterwards is a pain. 

Agreed. Hopefully they are considering for this one. They did do buses for league cup final v st Mirren so you never know

3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Why is 3pm better than 12.15? 

Because most people would agree that it is.

What did you make of the 7.05 KO last week ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
36 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Not unless the TV blackout rules are ripped up...can’t even blame UEFA for this one, the SFA willingly sign up for this.

At the last count less than a handful of European associations bother signing up for the blackout anymore...however, one of them is the English FA and our football administration policy here in Scotland seems to be to mimic England where possible...

I would love some proper research to be done on the effectiveness of this blackout. Does anyone really believe that supporters of other Scottish sides are going to stay in their house and watch Hearts v Inverness rather than going along to watch their own team...

Totally agree. Had a chat with my buddy at work.  Reckon games not played on a Saturday are probably the games more adversely affected. I doubt many care about watching Celtic or Rangers than their own team 

Feckin phone..........!

?

Edited by Boab

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Boab said:

It hasn't been for very many years. Saturday is fine for vast majority of people regardless. You can't manage 1215 other people could have been inconvenienced by 3.

I will never complain about Saturday. It generally is the most convenient day

Haringshairband
41 minutes ago, been here before said:

Can you two just swap numbers and get it over with?

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, JCR said:

Go for a few pints until the queue dies down. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It hasn't been for very many years. Saturday is fine for vast majority of people regardless. You can't manage 1215 other people could have been inconvenienced by 3.

I will never complain about Saturday. It generally is the most convenient day

I can, and will, manage but I can look at everyone’s position and realise that taking the TV boaby comes at a cost. That’s why I used last week as an example. They really don’t give a shit anymore as that game proved. A kick off to suit the news at nine !

Feckin ridiculous.

Fintry_Jambo
1 hour ago, Shovelly Joe said:

Has anyone been to hospitality at Hampden for a Scottish Cup game and was it worth it?  Thinking of treating my old man.  

Me and the old man went to hospitality for the hibs final. Was superb, great scran and plenty of drink. Probably made it better we had a tenner on Barr first goal scorer at 50s mind you

Portable Badger

Did for the Gretna Cup Final as I was only back in the UK by chance that weekend and was the only way I could get a ticket.  I loved it.

haveyouheard 22
1 minute ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Did for the Gretna Cup Final as I was only back in the UK by chance that weekend and was the only way I could get a ticket.  I loved it.

I did it for the 5-1 hammering of the Wee Team it was nigh on £600 for 2 and worth every penny

The issue is not with our ability to make the game at 12.15, it’s with the Dandies ability to make their game at 2pm! What if there aren’t enough trains getting in before 2 on a Sunday? Whatever will they do? Given that their entire support appears to lack the ability to book a supporter bus or, infact, drive.

hatrickhartley
On 13/03/2019 at 18:14, Inch Hearts said:

They want old firm subscriptions, makes sense. 

"old firm"? doesnt exist. using that term just gives the bigot brothers a reason to continue their guff. suppirters and fans if other scottish teams shouldnt use that term. pkays into the hands of biased scottish media/ sfa/ et al by still keeping the crappy term alive. apart from that inch jambo, gd that jambos still going strong in the inch. fth

44 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Agreed. Hopefully they are considering for this one. They did do buses for league cup final v st Mirren so you never know

They also did buses for the 2006 semi final. There was similar complaints then about the early kick off.

Both Hearts and Hibs ran buses to make sure the fans could get there.

I remember having to be out the house for 7.30am on a Sunday morning to get to Tynecastle for 9.00am departure.

This is one of the few issues I have with the current regime they could really make an effort to help fans get to matches especially early and evening kick offs and games in hard to get to places.

Perhaps they just don't want the hassle.

hatrickhartley
On 13/03/2019 at 18:26, Samuel Camazzola said:

Ticket pricing mucked up again. They had an opportunity to apply sensible pricing to this to attract a bigger crowd without impacting income and will now be left with a half empty ground. 

surely half full then?

Shovelly Joe
12 minutes ago, Fintry_Jambo said:

Me and the old man went to hospitality for the hibs final. Was superb, great scran and plenty of drink. Probably made it better we had a tenner on Barr first goal scorer at 50s mind you

Now that sounds like a great day out.  I’ll have a look at the prices when their announced and you can let me know your 1st goalscorer tip ?

I did it for the Hibs final - best money I’ve ever spent.

Did it again for the St Mirren LC Final - complete waste of money!

20 hours ago, Cory McNamara said:

Third semi-final in a row for Aberdeen, they can't lose forever.

didn't they win in 2017 ?:hibsfud:

2 hours ago, kila said:

Why not just make it 10am and be done with it before noon?

I'd be in favour of 10am, 3pm or 5.30pm

Midday takes up the whole day and for those coming from further afield often need to stay over both before and after the game rather than either just before or just after adding to the cost.

Edited by Taffin

Hampden hospitality 

William Hill Scottish Cup Semi Final
Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Saturday 13th April
Kick-off 12.15pm

Official hospitality packages are now available for the Semi Final between Hearts and Inverness Caledonian Thistle.  For a memorable day at the football book some Hampden hospitality!

Skybox Package for 10 guests -  £3300 (£2750 + VAT)
Champagne reception
Hot filled rolls & pastries with tea and coffee
Complimentary pre-match bar for 1 hour
Skybox balcony seating

Half-time refreshments
3 course lunch
Complimentary post match bar for 3 hours
Programme
3 car parking passes

Gold Package - £250 per person (£208+ VAT)
VIP seating in the William Hill Stand
Half-time refreshments
2 course lunch
Complimentary post-match bar for 2 hours
Programme
1 car parking pass

Lounge Package - £150 per person (£125 + VAT)
Pre-match pay bar for 1 hour
Half-time refreshments
2 course lunch
Post-match pay bar for 2 hours
Programme
1 car parking pass

To book please complete and return the booking form.

For further information please call 0141 620 4014.

We hope to see you there!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
54 minutes ago, Boab said:

I can, and will, manage but I can look at everyone’s position and realise that taking the TV boaby comes at a cost. That’s why I used last week as an example. They really don’t give a shit anymore as that game proved. A kick off to suit the news at nine !

Feckin ridiculous.

Was like livid at that one but Saturday is hard to argue 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Hampden hospitality 

William Hill Scottish Cup Semi Final
Heart of Midlothian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Saturday 13th April
Kick-off 12.15pm

Official hospitality packages are now available for the Semi Final between Hearts and Inverness Caledonian Thistle.  For a memorable day at the football book some Hampden hospitality!

Skybox Package for 10 guests -  £3300 (£2750 + VAT)
Champagne reception
Skybox balcony seating

Half-time refreshments
3 course lunch
Complimentary post match bar for 3 hours
Programme
3 car parking passes

Gold Package - £250 per person (£208+ VAT)
Half-time refreshments
2 course lunch
Complimentary post-match bar for 2 hours
Programme
1 car parking pass

Lounge Package - £150 per person (£125 + VAT)
Pre-match pay bar for 1 hour
Half-time refreshments
2 course lunch
Post-match pay bar for 2 hours
Programme
1 car parking pass

To book please complete and return the booking form.

For further information please call 0141 620 4014.

We hope to see you there!

One for the business owners 

Alex Kintner
31 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd be in favour of 10am, 3pm or 5.30pm

Midday takes up the whole day and for those coming from further afield often need to stay over both before and after the game rather than either just before or just after adding to the cost.

Where on earth could you be travelling from that means a 12.15pm kickoff means staying over the night before and the night of but a 10am or 3pm kickoff doesn’t? ??‍♂️

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Where on earth could you be travelling from that means a 12.15pm kickoff means staying over the night before and the night of but a 10am or 3pm kickoff doesn’t? ??‍♂️

Somewhere about 6/7 hours away.  10am - up night before and away about 1 and home for 8ish. 3pm - set off about 7am and stay over night after.

12.15 - could also travel home after but wouldn't get back until after 10pm which is a slog having probably not arrived until 1am the night before. Certainly do-able but not much fun. 

12.15 doesn't bother me, it's just less convenient and feels less of an occasion at the match in my experience.

Edited by Taffin

Ive got up at 4 in the morning to get a flight to Southampton to watch Newcastle play, half 4 KO on a sunday, didn't affect my enjoyment of the game in the slightest . Getting to glasgow for lunch time is more than reasonable.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Ive got up at 4 in the morning to get a flight to Southampton to watch Newcastle play, half 4 KO on a sunday, didn't affect my enjoyment of the game in the slightest . Getting to glasgow for lunch time is more than reasonable.

I’m sure the £20squillion your club gets paid for the privilege softens the blow. ^_^

In fairness I doubt your journey would have been less demanding hadn’t been 3pm on a Saturday. 

indianajones

What a fecking farce of a national stadium by the way. 

View is non existent for about half the place ffs. 

Alex Kintner
52 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Somewhere about 6/7 hours away.  10am - up night before and away about 1 and home for 8ish. 3pm - set off about 7am and stay over night after.

12.15 - could also travel home after but wouldn't get back until after 10pm which is a slog having probably not arrived until 1am the night before. Certainly do-able but not much fun. 

12.15 doesn't bother me, it's just less convenient and feels less of an occasion at the match in my experience.

If I wasn’t arriving until 1am the night before, the last thing I’d want is a 10am kickoff. ??‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’m sure the £20squillion your club gets paid for the privilege softens the blow. ^_^

In fairness I doubt your journey would have been less demanding hadn’t been 3pm on a Saturday. 

It should soften the blow, then you realize that money gets spend on players like Joselu ?

11 hours ago, Boab said:

Seems about right.

Be prepared for an epic tickets thread if we make the final. 25K would be enough for just about everyone bar the families angle. Trying not to look too far ahead but if it’s the demons, there will be all sorts of gnashing of teeth from those pests. 

For the final (?) we will not get more than 20,000*, that’s all we got in 2012!

*unless Aberdeen accept less than 20,000!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox