Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

One of the things he could do is to mess around with the Electoral College.  For example, if he loses Florida, he could replace the existing 29 Electors in Florida with Trump supporters who would then vote for him instead of Biden when it's time for the Electoral College vote.

Also, in many states the Electors are not legally required to vote according to the popular vote in that state.  Electors who are also members of the Trump cult could simply vote for Trump instead of Biden.  They are referred to as Faithless Electors.  There were 10 Faithless Electors in 2016.

In some states, voting according to the popular vote is a legal requirement for Electors.  Florida might well be one of those states, so I only used Florida as an example of the chicanery that Trump could resort to.

Cohen: ‘There Will Never Be A Peaceful Transition Of Power’

7 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Your optimism reminded me of this tweet I just read

:lol: Maybe I'm just pessimistic.

Maybe once he's beaten, the Republicans will do what they should have done years ago and tell him to

:bolt:

Edited by ri Alban

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe once he's beaten, the Republicans will do what they should have done years ago and tell him to

He's not really a Republican as such. Trump simply jumped on the Republican wagon because he knew there was zero chance of ever running for the Democrats. Trumps only allegiance is to Trump. He couldn't give the proverbial flying about anything else. 

Trump registered as a Republican in Manhattan in 1987 and since that time has changed his party affiliation five times.

In 1999, Trump changed his party affiliation to the Independence Party of New York. In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic.

In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party. In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent). In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party

In a 2004 interview, Trump told CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "In many cases, I probably identify more as Democrat," explaining: "It just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans.

Now, it shouldn't be that way. But if you go back, I mean it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats...But certainly we had some very good economies under Democrats, as well as Republicans.

But we've had some pretty bad disaster under the Republicans."

I doubt there are as many as tens of millions as the lifelong Republican voter states he suspects there are in the following video. But there have to be a lot and very possibly in the millions.

There's never been anything like this. Never been such a groundswell of people who have always voted for a particular party turning against that party.

Now while nothing is ever certain with the deeply flawed electoral college method of electing a president all the pollsters and political commentators are suggesting that a Democratic landslide is a real possibility.

The Republicans may indeed, as Bill in the following video says, "reap the whirlwind" for their enabling of a man they know is a wacko.

Bill is a Republican voting for Biden. He believes there are tens of millions like him.

Here's how a report on how dysfunctional the US election system is. And how corrupt the Republicans are in trying to and often accomplishing stealing elections.

12 hours ago, redjambo said:

The polls in Texas have been more favourable to Trump though. I did half-joke earlier on that I thought Biden would take Texas, but it's probably a bridge too far for him. Taking Florida should be enough.

I think Biden would have at least a middling chance to take Texas if the voting process were fair and above board. The fact is it isn't. This is how broken and corrupt this country is. Could this happen in any other major Western democracy?

In the past few weeks alone, conservative judges have amply displayed their contempt for Democratic constituencies’ right to the franchise.

On October 12, Trump appointees to the federal bench in Texas upheld Governor Greg Abbott’s decision to permit counties to designate only a single drop-off point for absentee ballots—a choice that will cause few problems in rural counties, where Republicans typically dominate, but has already created chaos in more populous counties, where Democrats are likely to draw a significant number of votes.

In Harris County, which covers nearly 2,000 square miles, 5 million voters are now left with a single drop box. “One strains to see how it burdens voting at all,” the court concluded.

FULL ARTICLE

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Joe Biden seems to think he's running against George Bush. His wife had to tell him it was Trump.

:cornette:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8878991/Joe-Biden-appears-confuse-Trump-Bush-calls-president-George-virtual-rally.html

6 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

What a choice to be made 🙈

is this really the best that nation could come up with🤷🏻‍♂️

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Easiest decision I've ever had to make :thumbsup:

40 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Easiest decision I've ever had to make :thumbsup:

Easiest , absolutely 

Best , ???????

Kalamazoo Jambo
14 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Easiest , absolutely 

Best , ???????

Biden was nowhere near my first choice. But I’d have voted without hesitation for any of the realistic Democratic nominees (including Sanders). Biden is a smart guy who happens to be a gaffe machine. This is neither new nor a product of senility.

1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Biden was nowhere near my first choice. But I’d have voted without hesitation for any of the realistic Democratic nominees (including Sanders). Biden is a smart guy who happens to be a gaffe machine. This is neither new nor a product of senility.

Well fingers crossed you and the rest of the sane world get the result we all want ( and need) 👍🏻

Sawdust Caesar
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If Trump does lose and it all goes pear-shaped for the Republicans I wouldn't be surprised if they spread a conspiracy theory that Trump was a Democrat double-agent all along whose job was to ruin the party from the inside.

2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

No, but the Democratic establishment rigged their half of this (thanks, Obama). The incumbent was always going to be who was running for Republicans.

14 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

No, but the Democratic establishment rigged their half of this (thanks, Obama). The incumbent was always going to be who was running for Republicans.

Being an outsider looking in ( through my fingers if I’m honest) who would’ve been the best or a better candidate than Biden ? 
I always felt that Sanders spoke well but like the current two battling it out his age was a slight issue . Or looking beyond this election who are the potential future leaders of each party , there’s got to be up and coming politicians, isn’t there 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

The choice between a lunatic or a senile geriatric. 

:vrface:

God bless America. 

Edited by Cruyff

You can also pick between the two VPs.

That makes the choice easier.

If Trump wins but has to step down then we get Pence.

If Biden wins but has to step down then we get Harris.

She is far from perfect but Pence is a complete snake.

Watched Drumpf walk out on that 60 mins interview. He really is a total disgrace. Don't dare ask him tough questions. It's Joe Biden that's potus and in the hot seat, not him. At least that will be true soon.

6 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Watched Drumpf walk out on that 60 mins interview. He really is a total disgrace. Don't dare ask him tough questions. It's Joe Biden that's potus and in the hot seat, not him. At least that will be true soon.

Walking away from anything challenging worked for Johnson.

Kalamazoo Jambo
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Joe Biden seems to think he's running against George Bush. His wife had to tell him it was Trump.

:cornette:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8878991/Joe-Biden-appears-confuse-Trump-Bush-calls-president-George-virtual-rally.html

I’ll confess I hadn’t bothered looking at the details of this earlier. Biden was being interviewed by George Lopez, so it’s just a minor flub at worst.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Joe Johnson the snooker player? 

Oh aye, him.

Granted, Trump didn't hide from a reporter in a walk-in refrigerator, he just walked out, but come on.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Being an outsider looking in ( through my fingers if I’m honest) who would’ve been the best or a better candidate than Biden ? 
I always felt that Sanders spoke well but like the current two battling it out his age was a slight issue . Or looking beyond this election who are the potential future leaders of each party , there’s got to be up and coming politicians, isn’t there 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was under the impression that the presidential candidate is not the "leader of the party" in the way that each party in the UK has a leader. While they've been out of power, Biden wasn't the party leader and wasn't even the Democratic candidate until about 18 months ago. I don't actually know who 'led' the party in the first two years of Trump's presidency. Hadn't really thought about it until now. 

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Barrett SCOTUS vote now under way with an expected confirmation by the Senate.

52-48. She's in. No surprises there.

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Think I might say it continues rather than begins. But it's gratifying that he plainly thinks he's sunk. Priming the crazies for the denial.

Fair

Been watching various people give their take on the 60 minutes walkout video. And the more I see Trump whine to that woman the more I think he actually truly is medically insane.

Now many think that the 'crazy act' is just that, an act which apparently more crazy people are impressed by and vote for him. And I thought that as well to at least some degree. But now I think he actually is truly insane.

Consider this. He does a lot of whining to the 60 minutes woman abut the "scandal" around Joe Biden not being reported. And also keep in mind this whining wasn't going to be part of the interview. It's intended as just a sort of personal discussion with her.

She explains to him that not 60 minutes nor any other news outlet can report on something there is no evidence for. He insists there is though doesn't offer any. Just keeps whining that they don't report it.

Now isn't that truly insane? They come up with a lie his entire team knows is a lie. Something every half intelligent person knows is a lie. And he sits there thinking he can convince this intelligent woman that this fantasy is real?

That's what makes me think he's truly insane. His psychologist niece was asked if she thought he truly believed his own lies. She said that she thought initially he doesn't. But once he's repeated it over and over he then starts to believe it. That's insanity.  

Barrett's shameful confirmation is a very dangerous development for democracy in the U.S.  Makes the possibility we could see a sham election and masses of postal votes voided very real. Trump is already going back to the scotus on Pennsylvania to void any ballots rcvd after the 3rd. He has already nobbled the USPS on postal delivery times so Barret can seal the deal.  That state is the key battleground which if Trump can suppress enough votes there is a path to 270. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

Been watching various people give their take on the 60 minutes walkout video. And the more I see Trump whine to that woman the more I think he actually truly is medically insane.

Now many think that the 'crazy act' is just that, an act which apparently more crazy people are impressed by and vote for him. And I thought that as well to at least some degree. But now I think he actually is truly insane.

Consider this. He does a lot of whining to the 60 minutes woman abut the "scandal" around Joe Biden not being reported. And also keep in mind this whining wasn't going to be part of the interview. It's intended as just a sort of personal discussion with her.

She explains to him that not 60 minutes nor any other news outlet can report on something there is no evidence for. He insists there is though doesn't offer any. Just keeps whining that they don't report it.

Now isn't that truly insane? They come up with a lie his entire team knows is a lie. Something every half intelligent person knows is a lie. And he sits there thinking he can convince this intelligent woman that this fantasy is real?

That's what makes me think he's truly insane. His psychologist niece was asked if she thought he truly believed his own lies. She said that she thought initially he doesn't. But once he's repeated it over and over he then starts to believe it. That's insanity.  

There is no question that Trump has serious phsychological challenges, I do not contradict opinions that refer to him being insane, can create a picture of someone who goes along the street picking up and eating horse droppings because they have heard the term oranges used referring to them. I am sure at some point someone talking with Trump could feel gee he's quite a nice guy, he can be funny when he is relating one of his stories, but thats a long way from standing in front of thousands and telling outlandish lies that if followed could lead to financial and life tragedy for them, just lies alone can show serious mental weakness, and certainly a lack of belief in self is indicated when it is habitual.  The surprising thing is normally when people see a weakness in a leader they will do what they can to ease his responsibilities, and not enable him in extreme foolishness, and when it gets to a critical stage have him removed. In Trumps case it is unbelievable that men thinking he could never win an election for the Presidency were openly critical and in some cases downright rude about him, Lindsey Graham for one, and Bill Barr for another, now almost prostrate themselves in his company, and the future will show to their own detriment their reward ultimately will be failure, denouncement. On reflection mebbe the word insanity is the correct one, but it is not only relevant to one individual its a group physchosis.

Edited by Sharpie

John Gentleman
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Barrett's shameful confirmation is a very dangerous development for democracy in the U.S.  Makes the possibility we could see a sham election and masses of postal votes voided very real. Trump is already going back to the scotus on Pennsylvania to void any ballots rcvd after the 3rd. He has already nobbled the USPS on postal delivery times so Barret can seal the deal.  That state is the key battleground which if Trump can suppress enough votes there is a path to 270. 

She truly spooks me. I think it's that fixed, cold, impassionate gaze she has.

Trump looking like he is gonna lose quite a few states he took in 2016.

Yeah, it's just the polls, but Trump needs to take them all again to remain in power.

Wisconsin currently at 7% for Biden  - Trump won by 0.77 in 2016

Pennsylvania currently at 5% for Biden  -  Trump won it by 0.72 in 2016

Michigan currently over 8% for BIden  -  Trump  won it by 0.23% in 2016

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aye, he's dead. Joe's having his funeral in the back garden. 

Chinese are paying for it.

Yeah.  You don't go and check something like that on any news website.  You come onto KB.

28 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aye, he's dead. Joe's having his funeral in the back garden. 

Chinese are paying for it.

Maybe just hiding after recent pics and videos coming out? As with covid I find its all a media show these days, don't know if the truth will ever be told again.

The story on Biden confusing Trump with George Bush was another fake. He was being interviewed by a guy called George Lopez and that was where he got a bit tongue tied, was nothing to do with Bush. Won't see any retraction by his media of course.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)