• sadj

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, El Diez said:

From what I’ve seen of him, Shaugnessy isn’t good enough. Dikamona, whilst also capable of a brainfart is the better option.

I accept your point about the injuries to Smith and Mitchell hindering our options.

And now our other lb is suspended for two games. 

We like creating a problem. 

Doyle blew it but berra  and souter  today could not clear snow of a path.Shaughnesy is garbage.We gave the ball away far to easy.Doyle will take the  blame but he is a good keeper and is the best we have.

17 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

32 goals is a poor return for a Hearts team at this point in the season. 

A horrendous stat.

No doubt a certain poster will be along to tell us how attack minded Levein is as manager.

11 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Brandon.

Brandon Burns ?

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

If fit enough. Not sure why Hearts are not taking Burns into the matchday equation. Livi trusted him enough.

At least let our home crowd suck the life out of him for a couple of games...surely?

I think that answers your own question...Burns is another project isn’t he , I’m impressed at Clare getting past the boo boys and pushing on. Must be difficult as at times but he’s kept going and really coming on to a game

45 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Game should've been dead and buried before the mistake. Clare should've out in Djoum, Naismith should've at least hit the target from 3 yards, Uche header at the back post and Souttar's chance. They all need to take responsibility, it's not just on Doyle.

Actually thought we played well, and at least we are creating chances again. 

Yup, a sense of perspective. We could have had the game sewn up with a wee bit of luck. Horrendous goalie error but I've seen worse. 

5 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Imagine going to Parkhead and being 1-0 up until the 86th minute and then losing 2-1 after keeper fumbles the ball into his own net in the 94th minute. 

Do you think that keeper would/should have played for Hearts again? 

I still hold that against Craig Gordon. 

But it happens. 

August Landmesser
3 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip, think we're in the annual relegation battle now tbh. 

FTFY

1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

He’s not been all that good since coming back 

but early days I suppose 

There really aren't enough facepalms. Ran his arse off. Was fouled pretty much every time the ball was played to him. Set up our goal using his strength. Terrible reallly

I thought Godhino gave us very little. It's time to give Brandon a run. He is dynamic with real pace. Feel sorry for Doyle. I think he is a good keeper but his one mistake was so costly.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Killinman said:

I thought Godhino gave us very little. It's time to give Brandon a run. He is dynamic with real pace. Feel sorry for Doyle. I think he is a good keeper but his one mistake was so costly.

Godhino was very poor today. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Burns? 

Mitchell 

Garricio (sp) 

Burns will get a shot I guess! 

3 hours ago, El Diez said:

Agree with this.

Shaugnessy won’t cut it and Berra is off it.

Agree, Shaughnessy has been unbelievably lucky that he hasn’t added to his error v Dundee, flimsy as **** and a terrible passer, like Doyle, a bombscare waiting to happen. I’d have Dikamona every day of the week over Shaughnessy. 

5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Godhino was very poor today. 

It’s because he’s shite mate. Hopefully Brandon is better. 

The spine of our team is decent, the wing backs/wingers are utter ham shank. We’ll finish 4th or 5th and two semis this year but we need to improve the flanks in every position or we’ll amount to naff all. They are the weak links. In saying that, I thought Mulraney was ok at times but he’s only getting away with it because he’s young and not accustomed to that position. Lightweight is an understatement. 

Doyle should have got a hand to the 1st he went down like an 80 year old man 

Looks like bobby back in which doesn't fill me with confidence 

We've been lucky in the past with good goalkeepers law of averages says were due a couple of howlers 

More recruitment in the summer 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Doyle should have got a hand to the 1st he went down like an 80 year old man 

Looks like bobby back in which doesn't fill me with confidence 

We've been lucky in the past with good goalkeepers law of averages says were due a couple of howlers 

More recruitment in the summer 

Maybe Berra could have done HIS job and defended a guy who he know is gonna cut inside on his left peg. But he didn't, he was allover the place.  The guy dinks inside on his fav left peg, still no one picked him and he still had a bit of time to get set and smash it home. And you're blaming Doyle?

Another poor day for Brown Owl and the Brownies. Supergran is gonna have bob a job days for the boys and the women's team will be selling macaroon bars and bunty magazines in punishment.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Another poor day for Brown Owl and the Brownies. Supergran is gonna have bob a job days for the boys and the women's team will be selling macaroon bars and bunty magazines in punishment.

:wtfvlad:

Governor Tarkin
13 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

71 year old working minister.

Not sure why, but I had you down as a lot younger than that, Colin. :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Gambo said:

A horrendous stat.

No doubt a certain poster will be along to tell us how attack minded Levein is as manager.

The stat is pretty bad, however some perspective is required.

We lost both goals yesterday as a result of a counter attack.  We must have been attacking for it to be countered.  

How folk can blame what happened yesterday on Levein’s style of football is beyond me.  We created a tonne of chances for an away game.

27 minutes ago, Four faces said:

I personally thought Godinho was pretty solid defensive wise.

This.  I’m not worried about the right side, it’s the constant tinkering on the left that worries me.

The Real Maroonblood
13 hours ago, Gambo said:

A horrendous stat.

:laugh:

12 hours ago, Killinman said:

Agree 100% his mistake cost us but he is a good keeper.

14 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

Game should've been dead and buried before the mistake. Clare should've out in Djoum, Naismith should've at least hit the target from 3 yards, Uche header at the back post and Souttar's chance. They all need to take responsibility, it's not just on Doyle.

Actually thought we played well, and at least we are creating chances again. 

There were chances at both ends to win it and i think a draw was a fair result overall. I don't think we had too many clear cut chances tbh

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

There were chances at both ends to win it and i think a draw was a fair result overall. I don't think we had too many clear cut chances tbh

A draw would've been fair, the old maroon tinted specs say otherwise. To be fair to Motherwell, they are on a great run. 

Just now, tokyowalnut said:

A draw would've been fair, the old maroon tinted specs say otherwise. To be fair to Motherwell, they are on a great run. 

We've been on a decent run recently as well..

Don't think Doyle would have slept well last night. I felt genuinely sick for him after that.

August Landmesser
14 hours ago, sadj said:

Is it not daily relegation battle. Even when we were top we were fighting it. 

hehe, yep. It's a constant struggle to stay out of the Lowland League...

43 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Thought it was a pretty even scrappy game until Doyle's blunder. Everybody else can get away with a blunder but when the keeper does it it's a disaster.

Doyle kept us in the game twice with two fantastic saves before the end.  

22 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Yes, he had had a good game up until that point.

17 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Sorry if i was snappy. Im so ****ing pissed off after watching today its unbelievable. Especially after going through last season to the 1/4 final and losing a last minute goal there aswell. Sick fed up of football tbh. 

Felt the same to be honest. 

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I genuinely have zero idea what any of this means. 

Don't think we played badly but some poor individual performances.

Think the best we have played all season is with Uche and Maclean up front and Naismith behind so hopefully we can see that again.

We really need a good left back who is capable of defending.

Still think we can finish 3rd and Haring coming back in soon will help.

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not sure why, but I had you down as a lot younger than that, Colin. :thumbsup:

You smooth talker, you!

It's a constant battle between Hearts adding years to the way I feel and, the blessing of continued ministry taking them away again.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

That's his job!

That last minute wasn't!

3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

That's his job!

That last minute wasn't!

Calm down eh.  Just pointing out that without his excellent contribution earlier in the game the last minute blunder would have mattered little regardless. 

Just now, Inch Hearts said:

Calm down eh.  Just pointing out that without his excellent contribution earlier in the game the last minute blunder would have mattered little regardless. 

I would say that’s not the point in some ways, no disrespect.  

We were still in the game. We weren’t behind, we weren’t winning.

It called for more solidity and stronger concentration in that moment. I’m sure Doyle was aware of how long was to go.  

Strong players give more in every way later in matches when it’s crucial to.  It is harsh on him a little, I’d agree. When you don’t have strikers taking the pressure off at the other end as goals are scarce, it continually puts pressure on the defence.